Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 57. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Here we go again the antminer s5 buy button greyed out then worked again and now its greyed out again at the time of this post. I hope they will put up S7 or s6 that would be great. one that's works well and is not a S7 meltdown series. We will Just have to wait and see.

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078
So much for that the buy button on the S5 Meltdown series works again at the time of this post. oh well I guess no S7 or S6 yet.

For what it's worth I have yet to see a meltdown.   I know with my batch 1 I have had time without internet.

I guess it could be do to external fan's in my summer mining area, or luck.   But I wonder if the meltdown effects all or some.

I think  only some have the issue.  The few I had were okay but they were very early orders.

same here, early orders were OK. In later batches someone with multiple machines also reported that not all machines had the "bug".
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Hmmmm, The s4+ and the S5 seem to be greyed out AT THE TIME OF THIS POST maybe the S6 and S7 or upgrades are coming out we will see.

Good spot there ....! Yep, S6 cum S:Next-one is definitely due any moment now. Ooops ... squeeky-bum-time .... can't contain the excitement.

Next is S7, not S6.

Yeees... and what kind of PSU would it require? Maybe something about hashrate? How many fans? Noise level? Weight? Display? Amps? CE approved? TELL US MAN!!! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!!! TEEELLLL UUUUUSSSSSUUSUSUSUUSSS!!!!!!!!!  Wireless? LEDs? Does it run on tubes? fgnfffnfgnnffgff!!!!

I would settle for just hashrate and power usage.... price would be nice Smiley.

Seems Dogie is one letting us know about next products not bitmain.  I'm surprised but I wont complain Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
Hmmmm, The s4+ and the S5 seem to be greyed out AT THE TIME OF THIS POST maybe the S6 and S7 or upgrades are coming out we will see.

Good spot there ....! Yep, S6 cum S:Next-one is definitely due any moment now. Ooops ... squeeky-bum-time .... can't contain the excitement.

Next is S7, not S6.

Yeees... and what kind of PSU would it require? Maybe something about hashrate? How many fans? Noise level? Weight? Display? Amps? CE approved? TELL US MAN!!! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!!! TEEELLLL UUUUUSSSSSUUSUSUSUUSSS!!!!!!!!!  Wireless? LEDs? Does it run on tubes? fgnfffnfgnnffgff!!!!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
I think Bitmain might just cancel the S6 and move straight to the S8 as their data center friendly machine. If they can't completely rid the design of the overheating concerns of the S5 in their S6 it might be best to just drop it (like it's hot, of course).
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
So much for that the buy button on the S5 Meltdown series works again at the time of this post. oh well I guess no S7 or S6 yet.

For what it's worth I have yet to see a meltdown.   I know with my batch 1 I have had time without internet.

I guess it could be do to external fan's in my summer mining area, or luck.   But I wonder if the meltdown effects all or some.

I think  only some have the issue.  The few I had were okay but they were very early orders.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

There is your proof if you wanted any ...... S:Next-one is a 1.5Th/s rig for $600.

Is that actually a bitmain chappie?
I doubt the S:Next-one will have the same spontaneous-self-combustion bug that the now discontined S5 has ... but I suppose we'll have to wait and see.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Hi,

With the summer hotness I was tired of continuously adjusting my S5 frequency, so I decided myself to dive into shell coding and wrote a small script to do it automatically.

I'm pretty happy with what I got: every 20 minutes the script checks the temp sensors, increase or decrease the frequency and restarts cgminer. Thus I keep the temp between 58 and 62 °C at all time.

If you're interested you can download the script on github: https://github.com/kmitz/Regul
  Installation notes are on my blog: https://jomcflyatwork.wordpress.com/

You can ask me questions in this thread or PM me for help.

Cheers!

NB: If you worry about my script stealing all your coins, just check the script, it's only 40 lines and very straightforward:
1)read temp
2)write new frequency in /config/cgminer.conf
3)restart cgminer

You may want to disable variable fan control if you haven't already, if it gets cool enough your 3 variables will keep flip flopping.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

Next is S7, not S6.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
I do agree with you Phil! Bitmain was really good. I just think they did some bad move in the last month with the price.

But I do agree that they still sell to small miners!

Sfard and Avalon could also be good to ajust the price of S5  Grin
legendary
With all the price change on the S5 lately Im ondering if people will buy the S7 (if there is a S7)?

Bitmain seems to be using the fast that there is no more big competitor.

Really wish to have more Sidehack novak and J4bber in the community!

yes sidehack novak and J4bberwocky are good. but remember bitmaintech was good enough to sell chips to sidehack and novak.

Their has been quite a bit of bitmaintech bashing but they are the only company to sell its gear to smaller  guys for the last ½ year.

Hopefully both sFards and Avalon start selling to us soon along with bitmaintech. 

I would like a few different pieces of gear to test.
Was just thinking if the earlier "rumour" of the S5 price going to $600 having been mis-interpreted, but that the price was, rather, for the S:Next-one.
Seeing both the S5 and S4+ have been withdrawn from market at the same time, and assuming that the earlier price leak was for the S:Next-one, then that would make it a stock 1.5Th/s machine at the mid point of the pricing for both the S5 and S4+ for the rumoured $600 (or in magnitudes there-of).

I shall be watching the used S5 market (or alternate gear) should that be the case ....
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
With all the price change on the S5 lately Im ondering if people will buy the S7 (if there is a S7)?

Bitmain seems to be using the fast that there is no more big competitor.

Really wish to have more Sidehack novak and J4bber in the community!
legendary
^^^ Makes you think of the people that bought at $439 ...... was that a master-stroke on their part seeing they'll definitely be getting vouchers worth (by bitmain's standards) over twice the short term increment ($439 - $399 = $40), aka approx $100 voucher off the S:Next-one? Now that would be something .....

yeah it could work for them very well.

I would not mind a few coupons myself ,but that is yet to be known if  it will work that way.
I never had many s-5's  2 or 3 of them.

I reviewed one and I posted some fan mods on one back in Jan.

Agreed, that would be nice.

^^^ Makes you think of the people that bought at $439 ...... was that a master-stroke on their part seeing they'll definitely be getting vouchers worth (by bitmain's standards) over twice the short term increment ($439 - $399 = $40), aka approx $100 voucher off the S:Next-one? Now that would be something .....
Its odd that both S5 and S4+ are both greyed out at the same time run out of stock at the same time highly unlikely. But we will soon see just have to wait.

I'm hoping to see S6 or S7 pop up at a good price and it works well and don't melt down lol.

Pages:
Jump to: