Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 55. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
Why the f*ck prices are 414 per ant ? The last time i purchase they were 340$ ?
Let's see how long it takes Bitmain to adjust the price again now that BTC is plunging towards $275/USD...

I am willing to bet they will let it sit at the $414 for at least a week to see if the price rebounds at all.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Let's see how long it takes Bitmain to adjust the price again now that BTC is plunging towards $275/USD...
Activity: 221
Merit: 100

ps : Bitmain warranty is very slow but they changed my S5 CB  Wink
Activity: 461
Merit: 250
I had both fans wired directly to the PSU "both S5 original fans" then I remove the internet connection and I was still able to view my miner status page. The temp shot up well above 80c

the bold part there says you are lying...

anyway, your posts are becoming very annoying..

Annoying or not.. I had the same experience he described. 

I lost my internet connection when I was out one day.  Came home, heard the miners beeping.  I physically looked at the miners and the heat coming off of them was tremendous.  I logged in and I was able to see a temp of 102 or 106 (I can't recall right now).  I freaked out, killed the power and stuck a box fan on them to cool off.  So I didn't get a screenshot that time.

I don't know what the software should or should not allow (allowing access or not).  I do know I got this screenshot when a pool failed (and the software did not appropriately rollover).  The software also didn't shutdown.  I know the fan was barely spinning (no matter what the screenshot showed).  So I know there are multiple inconsistencies with what the software should do but doesn't.  The screenshot temp was in harmony with my IF thermometer reading.

on the official firmware when you lose connection to a pool, cgminer doesnt run the bitmain sensors api and the ui freezes on whatever readings it was on the last time it was ran. it just loops trying to connect to pool.

but in your case the fan did slow down, as well as mine.
but dog1965 is saying his fans are on the psu via molex adapter running at 100% and his s5 was still running above 80c..  

It is very troublesome when S5 is used on stock settings for fan. I connect fans directly to molex on psu they are 100% RPM all the time. Tried to kill the internet temps were fine, checked with laser thermometer on boards and heatsinks as well. So anyone who wants to solve issues with burning boards just connect fan on molex and you are good to go.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Is it really frequent those S5 who burn  Sad ? I don't want to buy one and see him die the first day !

no what i suggest is to put the fan on molex to fan adapter.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812201009

then you will be 100% safe.
legendary
I had both fans wired directly to the PSU "both S5 original fans" then I remove the internet connection and I was still able to view my miner status page. The temp shot up well above 80c

I lost my internet connection when I was out one day.  Came home, heard the miners beeping.  I physically looked at the miners and the heat coming off of them was tremendous.  I logged in and I was able to see a temp of 102 or 106 (I can't recall right now).  I freaked out, killed the power and stuck a box fan on them to cool off.  So I didn't get a screenshot that time.

I don't know what the software should or should not allow (allowing access or not).  I do know I got this screenshot when a pool failed (and the software did not appropriately rollover).  The software also didn't shutdown.  I know the fan was barely spinning (no matter what the screenshot showed).  So I know there are multiple inconsistencies with what the software should do but doesn't.  The screenshot temp was in harmony with my IF thermometer reading.

on the official firmware when you lose connection to a pool, cgminer doesnt run the bitmain sensors api and the ui freezes on whatever readings it was on the last time it was ran. it just loops trying to connect to pool.

but in your case the fan did slow down, as well as mine.
but dog1965 is saying his fans are on the psu via molex adapter running at 100% and his s5 was still running above 80c..  

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
Is it really frequent those S5 who burn  Sad ? I don't want to buy one and see him die the first day !
Activity: 344
CCMINER.NET
HI
thank you for this useful post.
Maybe my question has been asked already, if so I'm sorry about that, and please point me to the answer.
I would like to know whether is there a way to configure more than 1 miner at the same time, and if so how.
Thank you
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

legendary
Ok aside sh*ting on Bitmain which I understand. I played around with some compressed PVC panels and results are pretty good. Fan on front is Delta TFC1212 5500 rpm.

And with this setup it does not matter if internet connection is lost or pool is not working there is no chance to burn anything...

Easier to just remove the PWM line on the stock fan (I prefer to pull the connector out of the plug then electrical tape it, some folks might prefer to just cut it as that's easier), then it runs at 100% all the time for best cooling.

Not all the time some fans will stop spinning if you remove that PWM wire. and others will spin 100% RPM it depends on the fans controller chip built into the fan. so like I said it depends on what fan.
I had both fans wired directly to the PSU "both S5 original fans" then I remove the internet connection and I was still able to view my miner status page. The temp shot up well above 80c "90 to be exact" with both fans still running at 100% RPM. I manually shut down the PSU because if I let it continue it would have burnt up. so your idea will not work on some of them I know mine it did not. But nice idea though.

Did you simulate the problem when you modified it to see if it really works and does not burn up ?

on the S5, when you disconnect the internet.. the cgminer stops working.. there for the status page is stuck on the last status..

even sshing into the s5 and typing screen -r doesnt get you an update on the temps.

it just shows cgminer saying over and over the pool is down.

if both fans were at 100% like you say, and you had no internet like you say, then you should have no problems with the temps..

now on my s5, when i lost internet.. the fan DID STOP SPINNING..
also cgminer jammed up.. just like i said..

i put my finger on the heatsink and felt it to be very hot..
using an infrared temp gun, it was well above 100c..

it was NOT cgminer that showed the temps.. i think this is why the machine doesnt shut down.. because as far as it cares, its still 54c.

Activity: 392
Ok aside sh*ting on Bitmain which I understand. I played around with some compressed PVC panels and results are pretty good. Fan on front is Delta TFC1212 5500 rpm.

And with this setup it does not matter if internet connection is lost or pool is not working there is no chance to burn anything...

Easier to just remove the PWM line on the stock fan (I prefer to pull the connector out of the plug then electrical tape it, some folks might prefer to just cut it as that's easier), then it runs at 100% all the time for best cooling.

Not all the time some fans will stop spinning if you remove that PWM wire. and others will spin 100% RPM it depends on the fans controller chip built into the fan. so like I said it depends on what fan.
I had both fans wired directly to the PSU "both S5 original fans" then I remove the internet connection and I was still able to view my miner status page. The temp shot up well above 80c "90 to be exact" with both fans still running at 100% RPM. I manually shut down the PSU because if I let it continue it would have burnt up. so your idea will not work on some of them I know mine it did not. But nice idea though.

Did you simulate the problem when you modified it to see if it really works and does not burn up ?

Activity: 165
I am not having any luck contacting BitMain Warranty either by e-mail or chat.  Anyone else experiencing the same?

Yes, I am. Tried to post a ticket on Bitmain's support site - no go. Ya hit the Create button and nada. Also posted here a page or two back. Problem is that one of the 4 new s5's I got a week or so ago only starts one card.

Too bad support seems to still be on Holiday as having ran Ants from the S1's on up of my many many Ants this is the first that has a problem from the git-go...

Got the US warranty support email addy for me to try?

I googled their address and it turn out to be a flipping UPS store!  They are 1060 miles from where I live.  I am tempted to hop in a car and take a road trip.  For those of you who don't know, Colorado recently legalized Marijuana for recreational use......  So don't worry, be happy, no problem man.

https://www.google.com/maps/views/u/0/explore?gl=us&vm=1&ll=39.76797,-104.902066&bd=39.767399,-104.9032,39.768541,-104.900933&z=19&pv=2

Bitmain Warranty
3700 Quebec Street
Unit 100-239
Denver, Colorado 80207
USA

Tel: 844-248-6246 Option 2
(USA County Code is 1)

[email protected]
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
The day I planned to buy one they're sold out  Angry !
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
I am not having any luck contacting BitMain Warranty either by e-mail or chat.  Anyone else experiencing the same?

Yes, I am. Tried to post a ticket on Bitmain's support site - no go. Ya hit the Create button and nada. Also posted here a page or two back. Problem is that one of the 4 new s5's I got a week or so ago only starts one card.

Too bad support seems to still be on Holiday as having ran Ants from the S1's on up of my many many Ants this is the first that has a problem from the git-go...

Got the US warranty support email addy for me to try?
Activity: 165
I am not having any luck contacting BitMain Warranty either by e-mail or chat.  Anyone else experiencing the same?
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
After switching off the Internet broke 3 S5. Bitmayn I refused to guarantee for one blade due to mechanical action. When I sent the blade, then there was no mechanical damage. Please Bitmayn resolve the situation.
Activity: 392

Get with the program BITMAIN.

Activity: 224
Good half night sweet prince, you didn't quite make it to ROI land.  Sad

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
S5 is sold out...
S4+ is sold out...

Please wait the official announcement for any new hardware.

At the moment, U3 is the only miners in stock

A picture says a thousand words ..... button for S5 is active, ditto the price hike

The S4+ is still sold out.  Guess they found some more S5's.  Interesting post shows a disconnect somewhere in communication.   

Did not expect to see more S5's after post.  Maybe they will post to explain?   

Sales are set by the CN team and its probably the US team manning the BitmainWarranty account. Plans do change.
Pages:
Jump to: