Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 10. (Read 527670 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Either he managed to unplug one of the 9 melted pci-e plugs, one of them didn't overheat, or he was only using 8 of them (note middle plug on top board).  All in all it's probably user error.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
yslyung: What was the PSU and the wire gauge?
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
what was his power supply?   and more importantly;  how overloaded was his power supply line to fry ALL of the boards like that.....

It's not clear if the boards are fried... looks like the PCI-E connectors melted due to thermal runaway.

At least the warranty sticker is intact  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
OuCh ! Not mine, just sharing . . .

what was his power supply?   and more importantly;  how overloaded was his power supply line to fry ALL of the boards like that.....
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
OuCh ! Not mine, just sharing . . .

legendary
Activity: 1274

Interesting and as always a pity that they do not tell us what they have changed.... Sad

Like Caanan said, all bitcoin related software should be 100% open source so everyone can see what is going on.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
anyone else notice they updated all firmware for the s7 today?

Interesting and as always a pity that they do not tell us what they have changed.... Sad

Rich
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
I updated in the hopes that it would bring back my dead board, it did not, but the new firmware is reporting temps on the wrong boards.
IE: my dead board is at 62degrees while my good one is at 29degrees.

Nice Bitmains
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
I see that along with the release of the 2 Fan Batch 17 S7 Bitmain has removed all of the spares, Fans, Controller, BBB, Cables etc. May be a sign that this is the last Batch of S7?

Rich

That would be a possible explanation for the missing spare sparts, which i tend to agree with you  Smiley

You can still buy them when clicking on "After-Sales Repair": https://shop.bitmain.com/product.htm?parts=parts

thanks I missed that one
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
anyone else notice they updated all firmware for the s7 today?
legendary
Activity: 1405
I see that along with the release of the 2 Fan Batch 17 S7 Bitmain has removed all of the spares, Fans, Controller, BBB, Cables etc. May be a sign that this is the last Batch of S7?

Rich

That would be a possible explanation for the missing spare sparts, which i tend to agree with you  Smiley

You can still buy them when clicking on "After-Sales Repair": https://shop.bitmain.com/product.htm?parts=parts
legendary
Activity: 1008

Rich

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
Hi,
What is your highest temereture reccomendation for long run?

i  prefer 65 c or lower.

no one has shown 70c to run for six months without a fail ----- I have not read a credible post of an s-7 running since nov at 70c without issues.

many have done 65 c for more then 7 months- my batch 2 runs at 64c  since oct.

since B3 till now avg mid 60's to 70C even sometimes 72C during daytime, they run fine. oc'ed too.

but imo, below 70C is good, above "might" not be so good but so far ok for me, over 10 x s7 from B3 onwards.

1 or 2 board failure but not due to temp, it was due to QC me thinks, replaced by bmt but yeah turnaround takes abt 3 weeks or so if you're lucky.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Rich
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
Jezz the failure rate on these are high.

i bought a total of 5 units in different batches
so far i had 1 unit die on me completely. cost me 150$ to ship back and took over a month to get back.
1 units had 1 board die 1 week after i got it. cost me 75$ to ship back and it''s going on almost 3 weeks since i shipped it. 1 month since i reported the problem to Bitmain. I still don't have it back
now another board just died on me again today on a different unit. what is this crap.
None of my units are OC'ed and they are running on finksy Psu's so it's not that the problem.
maybe i'm just very unlucky but IMO the S7 are the worst generation ever for reliability.
now i'm looking at another 75$ and 1 month again to get another replacement board.

Way to go Bitmain

Send it to Denver, it won't take a month to get back. I've been a week tops with shipping time.

It`s still under warranty, and for warranty i must send it to China. i`m wondering if it might be better to pay for the repair and shipping to denver vs sending to china at High cost shipping + loosing it for a month

Can anyone offer advise on repair cost in Denver .?

That was my point. Your costs are almost the same and you save time.

Denver it is Smiley

thanks.

p.s. do you have a link for them

Bitmainwarranty.com
legendary
Activity: 2044

so far i had 1 unit die on me completely. cost me 150$ to ship back and took over a month to get back.
1 units had 1 board die 1 week after i got it. cost me 75$ to ship back and it''s going on almost 3 weeks since i shipped it. 1 month since i reported the problem to Bitmain. I still don't have it back
now another board just died on me again today on a different unit. what is this crap.
None of my units are OC'ed and they are running on finksy Psu's so it's not that the problem.
maybe i'm just very unlucky but IMO the S7 are the worst generation ever for reliability.
now i'm looking at another 75$ and 1 month again to get another replacement board.

Way to go Bitmain

Send it to Denver, it won't take a month to get back. I've been a week tops with shipping time.

It`s still under warranty, and for warranty i must send it to China. i`m wondering if it might be better to pay for the repair and shipping to denver vs sending to china at High cost shipping + loosing it for a month

Denver it is Smiley

thanks.

What is this denver repair you speak of?  Can anyone offer details?  I am looking for a reliable repair shop stateside. 
Activity: 360
Merit: 120
Hi,
What is your highest temereture reccomendation for long run?

i  prefer 65 c or lower.

no one has shown 70c to run for six months without a fail ----- I have not read a credible post of an s-7 running since nov at 70c without issues.

many have done 65 c for more then 7 months- my batch 2 runs at 64c  since oct.
ok thanks. that's a relief!
Activity: 805
Merit: 250

Way to go Bitmain

Denver it is Smiley

thanks.

Pages:
Jump to: