Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 13. (Read 527670 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Yep I think about the same but they will sell it right before the halving to maximize the price they can get for them.

Well, I'm not even contemplating purchasing new equipment until after the halving.  Mainly because we have no idea what the price of BTC will be and what the difficulty will be.  Anyone else who wants to pay what may possibly be a premium just before halving based on the current difficulty and price of BTC at that time can do so if they want to gamble.  Buying the batch 1 S7 when I did at $0.10 power costs did not break even until I sold them on eBay.  It wasn't worth my while with my power costs.  That's why I'm waiting to see what the price of the S9 will be and only purchase if it is a fair price to justify moving to an area of the country with $0.03 per kWh.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
It's probably true, look at the huge jump in difficulty recently. We're looking at 8% next.

I'm beginning to believe there is a next gen rig out now for the same reason.

If they do in fact have a next gen rig in operation now, do not expect it to be available to the masses until AFTER the halving.  It's only logical they will take advantage of the gains to be made between now and the halving with a next gen rig.  I would if I were in their shoes.

looks to me they emptied the racks they have of s-7 and put in new gear.

so 100ph using  25-30  megawatts is now 180ph using the same 25-30 megawatts .

They will do this til the ½ ing then sell the s-9 to the rest of us.

Yep I think about the same but they will sell it right before the halving to maximize the price they can get for them.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Aren't the coupons useless with all the S7 sold out ?

I have 79 coupons remaining myself.  They are good until May 11, 2016

But you can't buy any more S7 because its sold out.

Correct.

But I don't want to buy more S7's.  The price never came down enough for me to even consider it; even with coupons.

EDIT:  I had $80K I was wanting to use towards S7's but they never came down on the price to my liking.  I ended up buying bitcoin on the exchange instead back when it was $365.  That wasn't very long ago.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723

I have 79 coupons remaining myself.  They are good until May 11, 2016

But you can't buy any more S7 because its sold out.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

I have 79 coupons remaining myself.  They are good until May 11, 2016
legendary
It's probably true, look at the huge jump in difficulty recently. We're looking at 8% next.

If they do in fact have a next gen rig in operation now, do not expect it to be available to the masses until AFTER the halving.  It's only logical they will take advantage of the gains to be made between now and the halving with a next gen rig.  I would if I were in their shoes.

by the way  I now have 186 s-7 coupons that expires in 2 days.

so if yoy want 5 or 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 let me know.

legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'

by the way  I now have 186 s-7 coupons that expires in 2 days.

so if yoy want 5 or 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 let me know.
legendary

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Hey good luck out there, and most important, have a lot of fun. 

Thx.  Much appreciated!
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Batch 16 Sold Out, but new Batch coming, wonder what the price will be?

Rich

My guess is they will announce the S9 very soon according to that Swedish Mining farm.

+1
Maybe something like S7+ before the S9 to get rid of the PCB's  Wink
legendary

And to anyone that wants a 100 dollar coupon I still have more the 69 of them left.

Hi Phil, sent you a PM for a coupon. Cheers.

[/quote]

I need your bitmaintech id to send it to you
Activity: 203
Merit: 100

Rich

My guess is they will announce the S9 very soon according to that Swedish Mining farm.

Yes assuming the S9 rumour is correct then then Batch 17 may be one of the last of the S7. Will be interesting to see if there is a small or significant price change, or anything from Bitmain that hints at an S9 coming soon?  Smiley

Rich

qhat rumour ?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

Rich

Yes assuming the S9 rumour is correct then then Batch 17 may be one of the last of the S7. Will be interesting to see if there is a small or significant price change, or anything from Bitmain that hints at an S9 coming soon?  Smiley

Rich

If this is anything like the S5, the S7 will come out with the sales of USED S7s before they release the new model.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Rich

Rich

legendary

Rich

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Rich
Activity: 11
Merit: 0

And to anyone that wants a 100 dollar coupon I still have more the 69 of them left.

[/quote]

Hi Phil, sent you a PM for a coupon. Cheers.

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!

They sell the miner separate from the power supply because quite a few of us don't WANT to be stuck with a 220-only power supply (pretty sad design IMO, there is no sensible reason why they couldn't have designed the PS to handle 100-240 like MOST modern power supplies in the 1600 watt and under range), or prefer other power supplies WITH A BETTER TRACK RECORD OF RELIABILITY or lower cost than theirs (based on what I've read about that APW1600 thing, I have ZERO interest in it).
Ja by all accounts theri Batch-1 supplies sucked. But - a couple weeks after b2 came out with pretty much zero issues I started using them. Now have 25 of Bitmains 1600w PSU and zero problems with them. Typical ambient they and the miners are in is 85-90F in the summer.

Frankly, as long as miners need over 1kw the 220v requirement is not bad. Gotta remember many homes like mine (built in 1962) do not have outlets really suitable for sustained loads like that. The original wiring was 16ga fer chrisake. One of the first projects I did was changing that to 12ga runs for outlets and 14ga for most lighting circuits.

Ja I had to wire from what was a 220v dryer breaker to feed the 4x s7's I keep at home but it is by far the best way to go. Also do not have to worry about unbalanced lines from the pole or due to the house 110v loads anymore either.

edit: Also, my 4th 1-fan s7 will arrive tomorrow. So far rather happy with them and surprised that db seems about the same as the 2-fan ones as are temps. Hmm.
Pages:
Jump to: