Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 12. (Read 527670 times)

Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Batch 17 sold out already? Must have been a small one - or lots of people rushing to use the coupons.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Do not use Bitmain, they are slacking hard in warranty & communications. It takes days for them to reply to request & if you end up with a bad unit or board, boards you have to pay for shipping all the way back to Hong Kong & wait, wait, wait, wait & wait.

My S7-F1 already has a board that has failed after a little over a week. Now I am stuck with no option but to send the board to Colorado and end up paying 40- 200 bucks for repair or replacement cost. Or wait months to get Bitmain HK to honor the warranty. Time is bitcoin Bitmain HK & you suck on customer support & for not fully quality testing your products before shipping them to customers.

So many people on Bitmains facebook page with bad reviews & issues, plus they wont even reply to any message you send them.

I would talk to them they actually have been on the forums with a bigger presence in last bit.   But if you just got a new S7 direct from them it would be in the 90 day  warranty so you pay to ship to them on bad unit.... but warranty covers replacement.  So not sure where you got info from on paying for replacement if it truly is 1 week old and you ordered direct from bitmain.

Have you emailed the [email protected] with problem and include order details, etc?  

Yes I have & it took days to get a reply. It will cost more in time & money to send it back to HK than sending it to Colorado for repair since Bitmain is slow as snails plus the shipping cost & having to clear customs.

bitmainwarranty.com is the place to buy Bitmain miners, they cost a smiget more but its worth the extra bucks to be able to call them & speak with someone via a toll-free number.
Follow their RMA procedure. You might not get a reply from them, but they will send a working one back.
So are you saying they cross-ship? All I get from them is they want me to send back the faulty ASIC board & wait.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Yep I think about the same but they will sell it right before the halving to maximize the price they can get for them.

Well, I'm not even contemplating purchasing new equipment until after the halving.  Mainly because we have no idea what the price of BTC will be and what the difficulty will be.  Anyone else who wants to pay what may possibly be a premium just before halving based on the current difficulty and price of BTC at that time can do so if they want to gamble.  Buying the batch 1 S7 when I did at $0.10 power costs did not break even until I sold them on eBay.  It wasn't worth my while with my power costs.  That's why I'm waiting to see what the price of the S9 will be and only purchase if it is a fair price to justify moving to an area of the country with $0.03 per kWh.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My Batch 2/4 S7s are still going strong on their original firmwares @ 575 and 606mhz (higher chip count version), though I wonder if I end up rebooting them if I would have to put in the DNS ping fix to get them hashing again!

I can't believe the S7 is now on Batch 17.

So many people have lost money on the S7, I simply don't understand who buys em.  The only thing I'm sure about is they will generate half the BTC they do today very soon!

Well, if you are on free electricity you just do not have to care, so the S7 is quite cheap at the moment, regardless the halving  Smiley

I bought quite a few Miners Batch 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 14, 15, 16, and just made an order for the Batch 17 this morning.  They are paying themselves off quite nicely now.  I have just let the early models run and they purr all day/night long.  It is the new ones that are fickle.    
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Yep I think about the same but they will sell it right before the halving to maximize the price they can get for them.

Well, I'm not even contemplating purchasing new equipment until after the halving.  Mainly because we have no idea what the price of BTC will be and what the difficulty will be.  Anyone else who wants to pay what may possibly be a premium just before halving based on the current difficulty and price of BTC at that time can do so if they want to gamble.  Buying the batch 1 S7 when I did at $0.10 power costs did not break even until I sold them on eBay.  It wasn't worth my while with my power costs.  That's why I'm waiting to see what the price of the S9 will be and only purchase if it is a fair price to justify moving to an area of the country with $0.03 per kWh.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My Batch 2/4 S7s are still going strong on their original firmwares @ 575 and 606mhz (higher chip count version), though I wonder if I end up rebooting them if I would have to put in the DNS ping fix to get them hashing again!

So many people have lost money on the S7, I simply don't understand who buys em.  The only thing I'm sure about is they will generate half the BTC they do today very soon!

Well, if you are on free electricity you just do not have to care, so the S7 is quite cheap at the moment, regardless the halving  Smiley
Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Well, I'm not even contemplating purchasing new equipment until after the halving.  Mainly because we have no idea what the price of BTC will be and what the difficulty will be.  Anyone else who wants to pay what may possibly be a premium just before halving based on the current difficulty and price of BTC at that time can do so if they want to gamble.  Buying the batch 1 S7 when I did at $0.10 power costs did not break even until I sold them on eBay.  It wasn't worth my while with my power costs.  That's why I'm waiting to see what the price of the S9 will be and only purchase if it is a fair price to justify moving to an area of the country with $0.03 per kWh.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Follow their RMA procedure. You might not get a reply from them, but they will send a working one back.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Do not use Bitmain, they are slacking hard in warranty & communications. It takes days for them to reply to request & if you end up with a bad unit or board, boards you have to pay for shipping all the way back to Hong Kong & wait, wait, wait, wait & wait.

My S7-F1 already has a board that has failed after a little over a week. Now I am stuck with no option but to send the board to Colorado and end up paying 40- 200 bucks for repair or replacement cost. Or wait months to get Bitmain HK to honor the warranty. Time is bitcoin Bitmain HK & you suck on customer support & for not fully quality testing your products before shipping them to customers.

So many people on Bitmains facebook page with bad reviews & issues, plus they wont even reply to any message you send them.

I would talk to them they actually have been on the forums with a bigger presence in last bit.   But if you just got a new S7 direct from them it would be in the 90 day  warranty so you pay to ship to them on bad unit.... but warranty covers replacement.  So not sure where you got info from on paying for replacement if it truly is 1 week old and you ordered direct from bitmain.

Have you emailed the [email protected] with problem and include order details, etc?  

Activity: 546
Merit: 253
--First Topic--

I bought a few Batch 16 units and they run 10-15 degrees celsius hotter than my previous units.  I believe they had to sell this one with the dual fan configuration.

--Second Topic--

I do not see a NEW (S9) unit for at least 60 days for the reason that Bitmain has not sold their Batch 1-16 as of yet.

--Third Topic--

I am buying more today.

I don't see them waiting 60 days. I wouldn't be surprised if it's 30, they will want to beat BW to market
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
--First Topic--

I bought a few Batch 16 units and they run 10-15 degrees celsius hotter than my previous units.  I believe they had to sell this one with the dual fan configuration.

--Second Topic--

I do not see a NEW (S9) unit for at least 60 days for the reason that Bitmain has not sold their Batch 1-16 as of yet.

--Third Topic--

I am buying more today.

I'll skip that and wait for the next gen  Grin
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
--First Topic--

--Second Topic--

--Third Topic--

I am buying more today.

I have free coupons if you need them.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
--First Topic--

--Second Topic--

--Third Topic--

I am buying more today.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Either the one fan -design was no good or they are selling the used ones now, hmm..
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
It doesn't ship for almost two weeks.  There's already going to be a large diff jump happening today and very likely another one again before the miner would arrive. 
Activity: 430
VeganAcademy
[q

Not quite sure what to read into a return to the 2 Fan S7? Perhaps they will be "Second Hand" units that have been replaced with S9?

Rich

my bet is that they had some faulty fans and the spare reduces urgency of any return issues.

plus its better to market a "free" fan then drop the price a lot more than the cost of said fan to appeal to buyers.
Activity: 588
Batch 17 is up.

Double fan version.

Shipping may 23.

its two 12038 10k rpm fans, which is a good thing if one fails but probably overkill if they're functional.

hs config looks like its the same newer design. no price break though considering halving is so near.

interesting.

Not quite sure what to read into a return to the 2 Fan S7? Perhaps they will be "Second Hand" units that have been replaced with S9?

Rich
Activity: 430
VeganAcademy
Batch 17 is up.

Double fan version.

Shipping may 23.

its two 12038 10k rpm fans, which is a good thing if one fails but probably overkill if they're functional.

hs config looks like its the same newer design. no price break though considering halving is so near.

interesting.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Batch 17 is up.

Double fan version.

Shipping may 23.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
It's probably true, look at the huge jump in difficulty recently. We're looking at 8% next.

I'm beginning to believe there is a next gen rig out now for the same reason.

If they do in fact have a next gen rig in operation now, do not expect it to be available to the masses until AFTER the halving.  It's only logical they will take advantage of the gains to be made between now and the halving with a next gen rig.  I would if I were in their shoes.

they have the miner already, I agree.
they will ask you to pay for it in the next 2-6 weeks when btc is still low, collect more btc than otherwise expected; then as halving happens, btc price will start to recover/increase, they will dump or hold newly collected btc into the bull market.

Check out what happened the last time they announced sales-exactly this scenario.

Edit: only this time-no first purchase from me, i would rather buy or hold btc and buy three months later for 1/2-1/3 of the price and perhaps for 1/4 of btc price.
Pages:
Jump to: