Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 100. (Read 527798 times)

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
So I have to re-try getting a board RMA'd to bitmain.  I bought a brand new PSU to try to power that board up hoping I was using a bad psu and there was still no go.  For those of you who have fully opened their S7, what is the easiest method to getting the top off so I can remove the problematic board?  I assume the top comes off because you can't simply slide the board out of the casing.

Remove the rectangular plate behind the fan, boards will slide out. But I would contact Bitmain before opening the miner.

Just remove the plate behind the fan and they do slide out?  What about the piece sticking above the top of the miner where the pci-e cables are connected?  That's not part of the hash board?

Yup, just removing the plate behind the fan will do. That plate is holding the boards in place.

Cool, I'll try removing it tonight.  Bitmain already agreed to 'test' the board at their facility in china.  Sucks I have to send it there, but the 3 TH hash I get from a $1600 miner really blows.

Good luck with your RMA.
I had bitmain OK sending back 2 dead hashboards, and they have had them for nearly 4 freeking weeks!
I've sent several emails and they have not responded, both via Ticket system and direct email.  Not only am I out the dead hashboards, but also out the $100 shipping fee back to them.  I also openned another ticket as I had a brand new batch 8 hashboard fail after about 10 days of hashing.  No response on that either.  Still waiting for the 5 day late payment on batch 1 too.  I'd have to say, I'm sorely dissapointed with the service received from bitmain - especially given the amount of money I've sent their way in 2015.

I'm waiting on 2 dead hashboards to be RMA'd as well.  They probably won't receive my boards until next week though.  Hopefully I won't have to wait a month after that to get working boards.

When they replaced my controller it took over a month. However, I sent them 3 dead hashboards on Dec 23rd. I had the replacements in my hands on Jan 6th. Problem is that one of the replacement cards died after 10 minutes. I can't see any reason for it to die -ie: heat sinks still in place and no burnt smell. So back to working on another RMA for the same batch 1 S7. My Batch 8s are 1 month old and seem fine so far..."knock on wood".
Activity: 798
This happens because people love too bitmain forum, and allow him to do everything, and this is the result.

cmq, does anyone know if in China and feast? because from Friday and that do not respond to email these idiots, they deposited $ 528.11 which I belong
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
With an s7, rule of thumb is :  overclock if you want, underclock if you want, find a good setting with sub 0.01% error, and then - DONT TOUCH IT EVER AGAIN.  Smiley  Also check out the luck we had at Kano.is pool SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

Only thing is if bitmain catches you doing overclock it will void warranty.  Current batch 8 I have not seen a overclock to make it worth losing warranty for.

Chances are they will not catch you.  But it is possible they might depending on problem you have. (Which hopefully there will be no problems and not need warranty)

It seems they won't warranty the product anyway.

I lost another b8 hashboard today. It was underclocked at 675.
Guess I shouldn't have moved it above 650.  Still no word on the 2 batch 5 boards I sent to Bitmain.
Will be 4 weeks on Monday.  This batch 8 board had been running 3 weeks.  Lost another batch 8 board running stock 700 about 10 days into mining.
Emailed Bitmain about it and again - no response.

Thats odd. What is your PSU setup? Are you using surge protectors? Unless you have thousands of S7's i dont think there should be so many failures.
I've purchased the following (48 x S7 total):
17 x batch 1 units (not a single problem with any of the batch 1 units since received)
1 x batch 3 unit (no problem with it)
20 x batch 5 units (1 Batch 5 had 2 boards fail early when there was a small internet outage.)  I seemed to have missed the manual fan speed on that unit.  No problems with the other 19 units.
10 x batch 8 units (1 board failed at 700mhz speed with temps around 67c at 10 days into mining - second unit had one board fail at 675mhz and again temps around 67c).

So now 4 failed boards out of 144.

All units have surge protection, and there was zero indication of surge as none of the other miners stopped mining.

On the 2 batch 8 units, the miners just became un-responsive.
First unit when I power cycle PSU will spit out some extensive errors on the hashboard and then reboot itself and come back up with ----- ------ ------ ----- on the board.
This second failed board will show 35 chips in the GUI, but will not attempt to hash on that board.

The Important question is how did Bitmain support helo you?  Was the warranty support good?  If support sucks then warranty aint worth nothing.  They never even bother responding to my ticket about the fan, even if it's a simple, TOUGH LUCK BUDDY! 
Activity: 798
certain that one spends $ 4,000 for 4x S7 and after 1 or 2 weeks you burn hashboard, I wonder:
What material do they use?
because only 3 months warranty?
because you can not overclock? Huh Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
All EVGA PSU's for me.  Running 1300's on most of the batch 1 and 5, while batch 8 went with dual PSU setup EVGA supernova 1000 on two boards and EVGA 850 on board/controllers.

I see, in that case, its really too bad, hard to blame it on your setup then. I guess a couples of S7 batches are really just plain bad. Lets hope my S7 B8 hold out. Only have one so its pretty much all or nothing.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
With an s7, rule of thumb is :  overclock if you want, underclock if you want, find a good setting with sub 0.01% error, and then - DONT TOUCH IT EVER AGAIN.  Smiley  Also check out the luck we had at Kano.is pool SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

Only thing is if bitmain catches you doing overclock it will void warranty.  Current batch 8 I have not seen a overclock to make it worth losing warranty for.

Chances are they will not catch you.  But it is possible they might depending on problem you have. (Which hopefully there will be no problems and not need warranty)

Guess I shouldn't have moved it above 650.  Still no word on the 2 batch 5 boards I sent to Bitmain.
Will be 4 weeks on Monday.  This batch 8 board had been running 3 weeks.  Lost another batch 8 board running stock 700 about 10 days into mining.

Thats odd. What is your PSU setup? Are you using surge protectors? Unless you have thousands of S7's i dont think there should be so many failures.
17 x batch 1 units (not a single problem with any of the batch 1 units since received)
20 x batch 5 units (1 Batch 5 had 2 boards fail early when there was a small internet outage.)  I seemed to have missed the manual fan speed on that unit.  No problems with the other 19 units.
10 x batch 8 units (1 board failed at 700mhz speed with temps around 67c at 10 days into mining - second unit had one board fail at 675mhz and again temps around 67c).

All units have surge protection, and there was zero indication of surge as none of the other miners stopped mining.

First unit when I power cycle PSU will spit out some extensive errors on the hashboard and then reboot itself and come back up with ----- ------ ------ ----- on the board.
This second failed board will show 35 chips in the GUI, but will not attempt to hash on that board.

I see, but i have fluctuation on certain circuits that i don't have in the other. I'm not talking about a lightning hitting your house hitting all your miners kind of surge. What are the PSU's? I've noticed a lot of PSU that comes cheap dont have UVP/OVP protection which would also possibly fuck over a miner.

All EVGA PSU's for me.  Running 1300's on most of the batch 1 and 5, while batch 8 went with dual PSU setup EVGA supernova 1000 on two boards and EVGA 850 on board/controllers.

legendary
With an s7, rule of thumb is :  overclock if you want, underclock if you want, find a good setting with sub 0.01% error, and then - DONT TOUCH IT EVER AGAIN.  Smiley  Also check out the luck we had at Kano.is pool SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

Only thing is if bitmain catches you doing overclock it will void warranty.  Current batch 8 I have not seen a overclock to make it worth losing warranty for.

Chances are they will not catch you.  But it is possible they might depending on problem you have. (Which hopefully there will be no problems and not need warranty)

Guess I shouldn't have moved it above 650.  Still no word on the 2 batch 5 boards I sent to Bitmain.
Will be 4 weeks on Monday.  This batch 8 board had been running 3 weeks.  Lost another batch 8 board running stock 700 about 10 days into mining.

20 x batch 5 units (1 Batch 5 had 2 boards fail early when there was a small internet outage.)  I seemed to have missed the manual fan speed on that unit.  No problems with the other 19 units.

I see, but i have fluctuation on certain circuits that i don't have in the other. I'm not talking about a lightning hitting your house hitting all your miners kind of surge. What are the PSU's? I've noticed a lot of PSU that comes cheap dont have UVP/OVP protection which would also possibly fuck over a miner.
With an s7, rule of thumb is :  overclock if you want, underclock if you want, find a good setting with sub 0.01% error, and then - DONT TOUCH IT EVER AGAIN.  Smiley  Also check out the luck we had at Kano.is pool SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

Only thing is if bitmain catches you doing overclock it will void warranty.  Current batch 8 I have not seen a overclock to make it worth losing warranty for.

Chances are they will not catch you.  But it is possible they might depending on problem you have. (Which hopefully there will be no problems and not need warranty)

Guess I shouldn't have moved it above 650.  Still no word on the 2 batch 5 boards I sent to Bitmain.
Will be 4 weeks on Monday.  This batch 8 board had been running 3 weeks.  Lost another batch 8 board running stock 700 about 10 days into mining.

20 x batch 5 units (1 Batch 5 had 2 boards fail early when there was a small internet outage.)  I seemed to have missed the manual fan speed on that unit.  No problems with the other 19 units.

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1456

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be

good, but doesn't it also mean that from now on, there will be bad luck there (on average)?

nah futur luck is independent of past luck.  but I see what you mean yeah, getting this luck again is probably not going to happen for a while.
legendary
Activity: 1596

good, but doesn't it also mean that from now on, there will be bad luck there (on average)?

No, not at all. Past luck is not an indicator of future luck.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
heh, now most people are talking abt oc'ing, yeah oc but don't over do it imo.

the lower the hw error better.

wait till summer comes then the everyone will talk abt uc & lots of uc.

the more oc = the higher chances of failure rate.

look at postings about failures, now most miners are still under warranty, lucky to get replacements.

after warranty still wanna oc ? even stock freq's have issues.

tbh, don't push it to the max.

just me. it's your miner you can do anything u wish but not a wise thing to do if you intend to keep the s7 for couple of months more.

you will not be able to achieve roi in 90 days.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Batch 4 was plugged into a 1300 watt ATX which was plugged into the wall. The electrical circut could be turned on/off with a switch. Without thinking i turned off the switch but then immediately turned it back on. Now my powersupply wont turn on at all. Any idea what happened?

if the PSU reacted by 'tripping' to the power loss, often they need a 5minute cooldown period before they will actually turn back on
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
Batch 4 was plugged into a 1300 watt ATX which was plugged into the wall. The electrical circut could be turned on/off with a switch. Without thinking i turned off the switch but then immediately turned it back on. Now my powersupply wont turn on at all. Any idea what happened?

If you are using the bypass on the mobo plug just pull it off and put it back on...
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
legendary
At this point is batch 8 or 9 the best deal? With batch 9 shipping in couple weeks seems batch 8 is too expensive for when it actually ships and delivers right?

not sure how the numbers add up but my b8 shipped next day and was delivered two days later, i.e. sooner than the website states

although b9 could ship sooner too

B9, especially if it ship sooner, because the difference in price with B8 is pretty much what you'd earn with the miner, so its not worth mining with it for the difference. Unless you have a B8 coupon.
Pages:
Jump to: