Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 98. (Read 527798 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
So we have installed a bunch of S7's on our network along with our existing SP35's.  Every time we power on the S7 racks our whole network goes to shit....We have >150 SP35's and just installed >200 S7's.  They are all static IP's on our 10.x.x.x VLAN. We've got layer 3 switches, and Pfsense router that can handle over 8 million simultaneous connections..... I don't understand what the ants could be doing to cause such havoc... Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Day 3 of no sleep trying to figure this out....

One other thing - has anyone else seen a large variance in the hashrate from hardware side to pool side?  We don't even have them all running yet and we see about 30% difference in the hash rate.  
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
So having removed my bad hash board, and noticing that one of the heatsinks has detached itself, which explains why the board is fubar'd does bitmain really need me to ship this board back since it's going to cost me close to $100 to ship to china?

Yes. Ask Sherry if she can provide you a shipping label.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
So having removed my bad hash board, and noticing that one of the heatsinks has detached itself, which explains why the board is fubar'd does bitmain really need me to ship this board back since it's going to cost me close to $100 to ship to china?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

Thanks for chiming in David.
I would love to be PRO Bitmain, and have been in the past given my past experiences.
I bought around 30 s5's early last year and had one fail - controller and boards.  I sent them in and had replacements 2 weeks later.
I did send an inquiry email after they had it for a week, and they responded and asked for patience but that it would be soon.
Too me that was acceptable.  These past 3 weeks however have been discouraging.  Without any feedback at all - not so good.

I did finally get through to one of the Mobile phone numbers for support and spoke to a pleasant sounding lady.
I was disconnected 3 times, and kept calling back and getting her again.  I'm not sure if it was bad connections or what. In the few minutes we were connected it was hard to make out everything she was saying.
Her English was quite broken and connection wasn't the best.  I think I'll have my fiance call in as she speaks fluent Mandarin, but don't really want to bother her as she's busy teaching at Penn State.
I did kind of make out that they could not access the bitmaintech support tickets online, so that might be part of the problem.  I told her I also emailed direct to [email protected] too.
She told me to email again and they'd respond by tomorrow.  I hope so.

Thanks for the update.

I'm about to spend a lot of money on power upgrades.  I'm not following through with it if I can't trust my supplier.  I just sent another email to [email protected].  I've always been kind and respectful in my emails and taking up for them in the forums.  I cannot continue to do so if this continues. 

Maybe someone will send the replacement blades I'm suppose to receive soon.  I say this because I'm beginning to have second thoughts about upgrading my power now.  If they were in my situation, they would feel the same way.  Wouldn't you?

I most certainly would feel the same way.  In fact I was going to purchase 4 more s7 units and offload my remaining s5 units, but that's not going to happen unless I know the products are being supported.
Ramping up power service and purchasing loads of miners.  I'd want 100% certainty support would be there in case of failure.

On a positive note - I did just receive an update from sherry

hi
Sorry to keep you waiting
Something wrong with our ticket .
We  have received the parcel and i'll push our shipping team to arrange the shipment asap
Infirm you the tracking number once ready

Sherry is good to deal with. I'm wondering if they are flooded with RMAs or the ticket system is not functioning reliably? My gut tells me they could likely integrate the Denver location and the China location into one ticket system. Then, based on your geographic location, they would tell you which location to send your product for repairs or replacement.

Right now I have 4 hashboards and 1 control board sent to Bitmain (Sherry) on 2 different RMAs.  I just shipped out one RMA with the 1 Control Board and 3 Hashboards, but the single Hashboards was shipped out the 23rd of December.  This is one of the boards that was returned to me from a previous RMA and it too did not work.  I am complaining about having a degraded miner.  It is very frustrating waiting on the shipping of these products.

It would be so much easier to have a US Location for RMAs.
Activity: 60
So we have installed a bunch of S7's on our network along with our existing SP35's.  Every time we power on the S7 racks our whole network goes to shit....We have >150 SP35's and just installed >200 S7's.  They are all static IP's on our 10.x.x.x VLAN. We've got layer 3 switches, and Pfsense router that can handle over 8 million simultaneous connections..... I don't understand what the ants could be doing to cause such havoc... Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Day 3 of no sleep trying to figure this out....
New firmware for fan speed....so...........why not just set fan speed at manual ?  whats the difference

Indeed. One Bitmain employee answered my question regarding internet outages by saying "set it on manual at 100% to be safe".
Since it's very cold outside here and I have my windows and door open where my farm is situated, I set it on 85%. I will likely go up to 100% in the spring.

I would love to be PRO Bitmain, and have been in the past given my past experiences.
I bought around 30 s5's early last year and had one fail - controller and boards.  I sent them in and had replacements 2 weeks later.
I did send an inquiry email after they had it for a week, and they responded and asked for patience but that it would be soon.
Too me that was acceptable.  These past 3 weeks however have been discouraging.  Without any feedback at all - not so good.

I did finally get through to one of the Mobile phone numbers for support and spoke to a pleasant sounding lady.
I was disconnected 3 times, and kept calling back and getting her again.  I'm not sure if it was bad connections or what. In the few minutes we were connected it was hard to make out everything she was saying.
Her English was quite broken and connection wasn't the best.  I think I'll have my fiance call in as she speaks fluent Mandarin, but don't really want to bother her as she's busy teaching at Penn State.
I did kind of make out that they could not access the bitmaintech support tickets online, so that might be part of the problem.  I told her I also emailed direct to [email protected] too.

Thanks for the update.

I'm about to spend a lot of money on power upgrades.  I'm not following through with it if I can't trust my supplier.  I just sent another email to [email protected].  I've always been kind and respectful in my emails and taking up for them in the forums.  I cannot continue to do so if this continues. 

Maybe someone will send the replacement blades I'm suppose to receive soon.  I say this because I'm beginning to have second thoughts about upgrading my power now.  If they were in my situation, they would feel the same way.  Wouldn't you?

I most certainly would feel the same way.  In fact I was going to purchase 4 more s7 units and offload my remaining s5 units, but that's not going to happen unless I know the products are being supported.
Ramping up power service and purchasing loads of miners.  I'd want 100% certainty support would be there in case of failure.

hi
We  have received the parcel and i'll push our shipping team to arrange the shipment asap

Sherry is good to deal with. I'm wondering if they are flooded with RMAs or the ticket system is not functioning reliably? My gut tells me they could likely integrate the Denver location and the China location into one ticket system. Then, based on your geographic location, they would tell you which location to send your product for repairs or replacement.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
New firmware for fan speed....so...........why not just set fan speed at manual ?  whats the difference
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
they did this with the s5 and as far as i know they have not fixed it yet Sad

S5 last software works with 4 blade.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Kind reminder: when you have time, please consider to upgrade the firmware with corresponding latest version in website, when there is no internet, the fan will run with full speed which can avoid the burnt issue Smiley

https://www.bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720151023101739550pOBiK5sO06A0

This software  not support six blades  with one controller.

Bitmain, Please fix it .

they did this with the s5 and as far as i know they have not fixed it yet Sad
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Kind reminder: when you have time, please consider to upgrade the firmware with corresponding latest version in website, when there is no internet, the fan will run with full speed which can avoid the burnt issue Smiley

This software  not support six blades  with one controller.

Bitmain, Please fix it .
Activity: 798
page web bitmain is down

last firmware is 2015/12/11 Huh Huh
is new?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Well that is good to know, what happens to the fan speed when internet is lost on the original firmware?

Can you list any other changes / improvements made in the firmware?

Rich
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
just received my replacement board. shipping was not bad within asia 2 days arrived.

b5 162 chip board.

waited abt 3 weeks excluding x'mas long holiday weekends, new years holiday + weekedns.

1'd say abt 2 weeks or so.

sent 2 b8 boards today, see how it goes.
I trust in a company more serious, and that sells good quality products, yet there is this company, but I think that within one year, perhaps two, someone gets in the game,.
the material they use to build S7 and too low, this is the truth.

Today I deliver the first 3 x S7, we see how long they last

there was someone who told me that I am a hypocrite,
because I'm complaining, but I buy from bitmain,
surely this person is a moron who does not know where he lives, and speaks only because he has the mouth.

However, I confirm.

poor customer service.
poor material
poor customer support RMA
I'm seeing a lot of problems on batch antminer S7 8
believe me I'm about to throw up
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
I most certainly would feel the same way.  In fact I was going to purchase 4 more s7 units and offload my remaining s5 units, but that's not going to happen unless I know the products are being supported.
Ramping up power service and purchasing loads of miners.  I'd want 100% certainty support would be there in case of failure.

hi
We  have received the parcel and i'll push our shipping team to arrange the shipment asap

I just received an email from them as well.  They forwarded the email to Sherry and are asking her to check the status on the package that UPS says was delivered on January 4, 2016 and signed by MS GAO.

It looks like they are getting on top of it now.

Thanks for the re-assurance.  I was getting rather worried about all the plans I've made with the engineer from the power company, county inspectors office, boring contractor to bore underneath the road across the street to the transformer pad and electrical contractor.

EDIT:  I will delete my previous post in red ink above.
Activity: 106

Thanks for the update.

hi

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
This is how much they care:

Last Active:    December 25, 2015, 03:00:17 AM
Pages:
Jump to: