Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 101. (Read 527798 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 302
At this point is batch 8 or 9 the best deal? With batch 9 shipping in couple weeks seems batch 8 is too expensive for when it actually ships and delivers right?

not sure how the numbers add up but my b8 shipped next day and was delivered two days later, i.e. sooner than the website states

although b9 could ship sooner too
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
At this point is batch 8 or 9 the best deal? With batch 9 shipping in couple weeks seems batch 8 is too expensive for when it actually ships and delivers right?
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
How can i turn the beeping off when the internet cuts out. Its very annoying.....my computer reconnects it automatically within a minute or two

here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12982754

Thanks!
Activity: 490
Merit: 270
Reverse Engineer
How can i turn the beeping off when the internet cuts out. Its very annoying.....my computer reconnects it automatically within a minute or two

here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12982754
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

the beeping on internet loss has been something that antminers have never had an option to turn off..
what i have done on my s3s and s5s is put some electrical tape over the speaker. its pretty easy, very effective, and can be removed.

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

As for recoverable chips, yes, the chips contain gold. A very minute amount of gold. But, unless you know how to extract that gold, which happens to be a toxic, very hazardous and creates hazardous waste extraction process - not something to do in the home.... and have a significant amount of the chips, that ~VALUABLE~ aspect is out of reach of most people.

No i'm saying people buy these to extract the chips, not the gold from the chips and then run the chips on custom PCBs. Each working chips are probably worth 10+$ Which are recoverable from dead/burnt boards.
Activity: 196
Anyone have a S7  (Batch Cool that requires reboot daily as it would just fault with the RED light, but after reboot, it would work again with no issues?  

P.S Different topic and I know it's off topic but figure all you S7 pros are also S3 pros.  Is there any other way to do a factory reset on the S3 other than hitting the reset button?  I've hit that button 15 times, with different power cycle etc, but I can't get it to factory reset nor get the Red light to clear for me to connect it back in via DHCP
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
I had to get my 3X S7 today,
I hand them on Monday,
I am angry Angry Cry

By the way what happens to the site bitmain? the writing is half Chinese and half English Huh

For me, it's all in English.
Activity: 184
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I had to get my 3X S7 today,
I hand them on Monday,
I am angry Angry Cry

By the way what happens to the site bitmain? the writing is half Chinese and half English Huh
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
So, could you guys post ur hashrate and temperatures?

I'm pretty sure you get lower hashrates if your temps are below 45-50C.
At the moment, some of my S7's are getting cooled by direct -17C outdoor air, which keeps the temp on the boards at 33C (Thats what the sensor says anyway.., not sure if this is accurate when getting blasted by -17C air). The hashrate avg is 4.7TH/s @ 625Mhz
Some other S7's are "cooled" with indoor air, which keeps the temp on the boards at 65-70C, these are hashing at 4.99TH/s avg. @ 625Mhz.

The ones cooled by outdoor air used to hash at 4.99TH/s as well.

Conclusion:
Board temps below 45-50C = Bad? ^^

I have found it to be generally true that all of my antminers (going back to at least S3 is when I first noticed it) get better hashrates at higher temps (to a point).  And what I mean by "higher" is also model specific.  I remember setting some of the S3's so that the hot air coming out of the PSU was directed at the intake on the miner because it improved the hashrate slightly when they were running in a room that was  60-65 °F ambient.  I should maybe also point out that on my S3's I had removed the blue fan wire so they ran at 100% fan speed all the time as well.  I have an S5 located in a basement crawlspace (that has vent opening to the outside) that gets lower hashrates now that it is winter and the ambient temp is lower where it is. I am not sure what the optimal temps on the S7's are yet but looks to me so far like in the 60's as reported by the GUI is where I am having best results.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

At the moment, some of my S7's are getting cooled by direct -17C outdoor air, which keeps the temp on the boards at 33C (Thats what the sensor says anyway.., not sure if this is accurate when getting blasted by -17C air). The hashrate avg is 4.7TH/s @ 625Mhz
Some other S7's are "cooled" with indoor air, which keeps the temp on the boards at 65-70C, these are hashing at 4.99TH/s avg. @ 625Mhz.

Conclusion:

it's batch-dependent, or so it seems.
Activity: 140

Conclusion:
legendary
Activity: 1260
Mine for a Bit
Think about this:  If something goes wrong with this unit, they (Bitmain) will have you take the fan and back plate off of the unit.  If it comes down to having to send the hashcards back to them (Bitmain), they have you remove the hashcards and send the cards back to them.  They do not allow you to send the housing due to shipping cost.  Just think about this.

OK we are thinking......

hahaha, you crack me up!   Grin
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Think about this:  If something goes wrong with this unit, they (Bitmain) will have you take the fan and back plate off of the unit.  If it comes down to having to send the hashcards back to them (Bitmain), they have you remove the hashcards and send the cards back to them.  They do not allow you to send the housing due to shipping cost.  Just think about this.

OK we are thinking......
legendary
Activity: 1260
Mine for a Bit
So how am i supposed to open it up? That would make it pretty easy to get a couples of quick measurements.

Don't know the answer to this, but I have read that you can remove the fan without breaking any seals? Should be possible to measure the voltage with the fan remove?

Rich

So how am i supposed to open it up? That would make it pretty easy to get a couples of quick measurements.

Don't know the answer to this, but I have read that you can remove the fan without breaking any seals? Should be possible to measure the voltage with the fan remove?

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
So i found out that laying the S7 on its side get better even temps. For instance on the side i get 56 57 56. While standing i get 55 55 59. Anyone know if there is reason the S7 should not be laid on its side?

I am assuming that the output of the Buck Converter on the 700MHz systems, Batches 8&9, is set higher, but have not seen a measurement yet.

Rich

I got my B8 but i did not want to remove the warranty seal. I'm not sure there is a way to even open it up and inspect the miner for lose heatsink. It said i HAVE to inspect the boards prior to using it, as if the bord burn down because of it, it will not be under warranty.

legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
you think those temps are okay?

I don't but maybe I am wrong.

Batch 8 with a slight OC.  Anything higher raises the errors above .01

Here are all of the measurements put together:

Calculation would be TH/s per MHz:

4.933TH / 731MHz = 6.748290013679891
4.867TH / 725MHz = 6.713103448275862
4.730TH / 700MHz = 6.757142857142857

RESULTS:  You get more TH/s at 700MHz.   The only other consideration would be the Wattage per TH/s.  Very good HW, but be cautious on the temps.

hashrate and frequency are linearly related, with a fair share of variance too.
technically your above image shows a better average hashrate (the 5s hashrate can vary greatly)

4.911TH / 731MHz = 6.718  (based on 30hrs)
4.867TH / 725MHz = 6.713 (based on 40hrs)

Well actually the numbers there are from AriesIV10 but the screen shot is mine.  Also, the "GH/S(avg)" number is just calculated from the "WU" as far as I can tell on all antminer models.  You can tell it isn't an actual average because sometimes you can hit refresh on a regular basis and watch the "GH/S(5s)" number sitting on one side of the "GH/S(avg)" number while the "GH/S(avg)" number moves in the opposite direction.
Yes, wattage info would be good.  What is the highest anyone OC to while able to keep it stable?  IF it's that Linear, it sounds like there's a ton of OC potential, just not sure if the wattage increase is also as linear.

Overclock potential on the 135 chip systems, Batches 6,8,9 will be limited by the available Core voltage which measured I think on a batch 6 is 10.12V which / 15 = 0.675V.

That is bang in the middle of the Bm1385 Data sheet for 600MHz, so going much higher than that on Batch 6 will need the voltage to be adjusted. I am assuming that the output of the Buck Converter on the 700MHz systems, Batches 8&9, is set higher, but have not seen a measurement yet? Something around 10.2V giving a core voltage of 0.68V would seem about right?

Adjusting the Core voltage on the 135 chip systems is a work in progress that I unfortunately cannot contribute to as i do not have one, but I am sure a way will be found soon.  Smiley

Rich
Pages:
Jump to: