Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 95. (Read 527798 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Is there any news on a more efficient Miner...S8?

Typically the even numbered models use the same chips as the previous odd numbered models so it probably wouldn't be more efficient, just more hashrate.  If they introduce another higher hashrate with the same chips it will probably be an S7+ though.  The next jump in efficiency should be an S9.

Also just putting it out there but last night I lost internet for 10-15 minutes, didn't find out until this morning, and both of my S7's set to 60% manual fans did just fine.  One is batch 5 with original firmware and one is batch 8 also with original firmware.

There may be a possibility of a higher chip count system running a lower average clock rate as an incremental efficiency increase...

Is that what was done with the S4+ and the S5+?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
im debating buying 3 B8 or B9.. difference in price is slowly dropping each day, but the 20th is almost here for B9

also.

has anyone had issues with connecting two units together with the slide rails? i connected a B7 with a B8 and for the life of me it will not slide apart now.. its like permanently stuck in the rail jammed up and wont slide either direction
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
https://www.bitworks.io

Typically the even numbered models use the same chips as the previous odd numbered models so it probably wouldn't be more efficient, just more hashrate.  If they introduce another higher hashrate with the same chips it will probably be an S7+ though.  The next jump in efficiency should be an S9.

Also just putting it out there but last night I lost internet for 10-15 minutes, didn't find out until this morning, and both of my S7's set to 60% manual fans did just fine.  One is batch 5 with original firmware and one is batch 8 also with original firmware.

There may be a possibility of a higher chip count system running a lower average clock rate as an incremental efficiency increase...
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Anyone have a chart to show the power at each frequency for the B8/B9 S7's?  I'm wondering what frequency to downclock it to to get the closest to 1250w Max.

I have made measurements, You can find them in this topic.

My early batch 8 takes 1210W with 700Mhz but don't get to advertized 4,73 Th/s, my other late batch 8 takes 200W juice and can go a lot higher freqs.

Batch 9 is not shipped so power draw is unknown.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
Anyone have a chart to show the power at each frequency for the B8/B9 S7's?  I'm wondering what frequency to downclock it to to get the closest to 1250w Max.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Maybe a silly question, but are people still buying S7's? At this diff?

I am, ordered 8 x Batch 9.  Price is reasonable especially at today's price of $1020.
so what my best option to power one of these. i have a 240v 30amp circuit available.

was looking at there power supply and it seems to be efficent but didn't know if there is a better and cheaper option?

Thanks In Advance

Depends on how many you're looking to power.  The Bitmain PSU is very noisy but is quite efficient.  Per S7, it's not cheap, nor the EVGA G2 option.  You can see many people who own many S7 in this forum use the IBM 2K, 2880W, 2980W PSU and you get much better value per S7.  I'm using Dual IBM 2KW PSU to power 3 x S7 using j4bberwock 4K board.  Works like a champ and it's cheaper than $100 per S7 to power so you're saving a lot of money and when paired with the Ultra KAZE fans.  They're super quiet.  The foot print is much smaller than 3 x BitMain PSU or even EVGA.  I also own the EVGA G2 1300W and they're also very nice and quiet, but too pricey per S7 and you will need to buy extra cables or connect to only some of the ports.  If you have 240V, server PSU is the way to go. See how clean my cable management and how tiny those 2 PSU stacked on each other is.  My plan is to stack 4 of them on top of each other and be cooled by 4 x Ultra KAZE fans side ways.

https://i.imgur.com/h9eJbwK.jpg
Activity: 140
Maybe a silly question, but are people still buying S7's? At this diff?
Activity: 106
Update:

Got email from Bitmain/Sherry with tracking number for 2 x batch 5 replacement boards. +1
Got email in regards to batch 8 defective boards. +1

Should have happened a lot earlier, but at least we got some movement going in the right direction.

thanks,  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
so what my best option to power one of these. i have a 240v 30amp circuit available.

was looking at there power supply and it seems to be efficent but didn't know if there is a better and cheaper option?

Thanks In Advance

Bitmains PSU is the best for the purpose IMO. If you go for a standard ATX PSU with 1300W+, its gonna be huge, expensive and "hard to work with" aka messy.

I wouldn't say that. I use EVGA 1300 power supplies with ZERO issues across multiple platforms of miner generations. I have had about 12 of them for the past year+ with zero problems, burned wires, shorts etc.. I'd say that pretty much trumps the Bitmain junkers.

Thanks In Advance

Bitmains PSU is the best for the purpose IMO. If you go for a standard ATX PSU with 1300W+, its gonna be huge, expensive and "hard to work with" aka messy.

Activity: 201

Thanks In Advance

So we have installed a bunch of S7's on our network along with our existing SP35's.  Every time we power on the S7 racks our whole network goes to shit....We have >150 SP35's and just installed >200 S7's.  They are all static IP's on our 10.x.x.x VLAN. We've got layer 3 switches, and Pfsense router that can handle over 8 million simultaneous connections..... I don't understand what the ants could be doing to cause such havoc... Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Day 3 of no sleep trying to figure this out....

Whats the hardware specs on the router? What switches do you have?
I just did a wireshark capture of the traffic from a miner. It basically just sends traffic back and forth the pool, and occasionally some ntp traffic. So no broadcast noise or anything like that.
I'm gonna put my money on crappy switches Tongue

You could try seperating the miners into smaller groups on their own VLANs, and if possible balance some of the load from the different VLANs onto different interfaces on the PFsense router.

Do you have a topology drawing? I'd love to help you out if I can.
I have copied my post with my customer service experience and sent it to myself in a PM as future reference if I should have to post it in the forum again.  We will see how long this takes for me to get my 3 replacement blades for Batch 8 S7's.

If it continues to take much longer, I will have to WARN everyone... plain and simple.  I still cannot comprehend WHY it is taking more than 30 days to get 3 replacement blades.  They have my old ones but that's not doing me any good cause the blades cannot work towards ROI without being in my possession.  This is quite frustrating.

I would be pissed too.   Each month of Prime time right now is over $300 in loss revenue per S7.  Now imagine if you have many more S7, the potential for this to happen is even greater.   It's not cool when the vendor does not provide a timely fix for a time critical business  like this, especially when you have to factor in the difficulty increase.  Those same 3 boards hashing potential won't be the same when they send it out 1 or 2 months later. It would make sense if they offer an option to pay a deposit for the RMA and ship you a new board right away.  When the board arrives and if in fact it's bad and under warranty, they can return your deposit.  IF it doesn't qualify then they can just hold your deposit money which is the equivalent cost of the replacement.  I would really hate to be in your position DMwardjr as I was only down for 1 day for power upgrade and I was already getting anxious and counting my missed revenue.  I can't wait for the Avalon 6 to drop below $1K on a group buy so I can diversify my vendors.

P.S I hope they offer you a coupon for this delay.   
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

I'm guessing my post went over your head there, bub. Lol

Yes sir...  I must be out of the loop or just behind from my old age.  Get me up to speed please sir.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....

Thanks dmwardjr I will wait then as you are till end of January.

Sure.. it's only been 4 months of blank stares and ignored tickets about the compensation(s) and other refund related issues at Bitmaintech. What's another few more months amongst fan-boys?
 Cheesy

After looking at your local time, that explains the use of the word, "fan-boys."  I'm not desperate for 0.7 BTC to be delivered to my wallet immediately.  Others may be.  I'm not.  As long as I receive compensation is all that matters.

I'm guessing my post went over your head there, bub. Lol
Activity: 818
Merit: 508
Are they giving any coupons for previous buyers?  Just curious...

Huh
Activity: 106

Those who are waiting for a replacement board under warranty, mine just shipped. Faulty board was delivered to Bitmain on Jan 4, replacement was shipped on the 11th, scheduled to be delivered on Friday.

I hope they don't think I'm an asshole for simply requesting for service in an efficient and timely manner.  I have honestly been quite respectful in all of my communication with them.  I did share my concerns about having second thoughts of upgrading my power out of fear I cannot receive replacement blades.  That has me fearful for the future if I order 50 or more rigs at one time and several arrive not working, will the service be the same?  Meaning over a month before anything is accomplished?

Completely agree.  As you know I've been waiting since DEC 14th for 2 replacement boards.  I did get an email from Sherry stating they would ship replacements ASAP, but have not received an email stating that they have shipped yet.  I suppose they might have, but I don't see any indication on UPS that something is inbound.  I hope they have shipped.

Also, I have not gotten any response about my batch 8 failed boards.  About 3 inquiries about those sent and no response.

Perhaps they are swamped with RMA's with batch 8.  Or maybe bitmain is nearing end stages of consumer products - at which point they aren't too concerned with product support.
Of course both these ideas are merely speculation and in no regards am I stating either is conclusive.  I could not fathom not responding to customer inquiries/requests within 2 business days.

I have some s5 boards shiped to them for repairing and still wainting for the boards to come back Smiley

From what time frame?  Recent, or back in S5 days?  You have confirmation from shipping courier that they were received?
Pages:
Jump to: