Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 96. (Read 527798 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
I have copied my post with my customer service experience and sent it to myself in a PM as future reference if I should have to post it in the forum again.  We will see how long this takes for me to get my 3 replacement blades for Batch 8 S7's.

If it continues to take much longer, I will have to WARN everyone... plain and simple.  I still cannot comprehend WHY it is taking more than 30 days to get 3 replacement blades.  They have my old ones but that's not doing me any good cause the blades cannot work towards ROI without being in my possession.  This is quite frustrating.
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose

Those who are waiting for a replacement board under warranty, mine just shipped. Faulty board was delivered to Bitmain on Jan 4, replacement was shipped on the 11th, scheduled to be delivered on Friday.

I hope they don't think I'm an asshole for simply requesting for service in an efficient and timely manner.  I have honestly been quite respectful in all of my communication with them.  I did share my concerns about having second thoughts of upgrading my power out of fear I cannot receive replacement blades.  That has me fearful for the future if I order 50 or more rigs at one time and several arrive not working, will the service be the same?  Meaning over a month before anything is accomplished?

Completely agree.  As you know I've been waiting since DEC 14th for 2 replacement boards.  I did get an email from Sherry stating they would ship replacements ASAP, but have not received an email stating that they have shipped yet.  I suppose they might have, but I don't see any indication on UPS that something is inbound.  I hope they have shipped.

Also, I have not gotten any response about my batch 8 failed boards.  About 3 inquiries about those sent and no response.

Perhaps they are swamped with RMA's with batch 8.  Or maybe bitmain is nearing end stages of consumer products - at which point they aren't too concerned with product support.
Of course both these ideas are merely speculation and in no regards am I stating either is conclusive.  I could not fathom not responding to customer inquiries/requests within 2 business days.

I have some s5 boards shiped to them for repairing and still wainting for the boards to come back Smiley
Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Those who are waiting for a replacement board under warranty, mine just shipped. Faulty board was delivered to Bitmain on Jan 4, replacement was shipped on the 11th, scheduled to be delivered on Friday.

I hope they don't think I'm an asshole for simply requesting for service in an efficient and timely manner.  I have honestly been quite respectful in all of my communication with them.  I did share my concerns about having second thoughts of upgrading my power out of fear I cannot receive replacement blades.  That has me fearful for the future if I order 50 or more rigs at one time and several arrive not working, will the service be the same?  Meaning over a month before anything is accomplished?

Completely agree.  As you know I've been waiting since DEC 14th for 2 replacement boards.  I did get an email from Sherry stating they would ship replacements ASAP, but have not received an email stating that they have shipped yet.  I suppose they might have, but I don't see any indication on UPS that something is inbound.  I hope they have shipped.

Also, I have not gotten any response about my batch 8 failed boards.  About 3 inquiries about those sent and no response.

Perhaps they are swamped with RMA's with batch 8.  Or maybe bitmain is nearing end stages of consumer products - at which point they aren't too concerned with product support.
Of course both these ideas are merely speculation and in no regards am I stating either is conclusive.  I could not fathom not responding to customer inquiries/requests within 2 business days.
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
any news on sending batch 9 faster?
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
I threw this old psu cable on an s5 about 2 months ago and will never use any small or cheap cables again.  I had a couple of S5's that I thought I would just throw online with a couple of leftover PSU'S and damn near started a fire.

Ahhh yes, the familiar sight of a molex connector that had poor contact with the pins.

Either poor quality in materials - IE a cheap ass Molex knockoff, or over crimping /mis-aligned crimping or just plain ol being inserted and unplugged a number of times which stretches out the springiness of the contact.... resulting in contact resistance which creates heat to the point of melting / catching fire.

I had that happen with the Avalon 2's I had .... then I purchased a Molex crimper and a non-contact thermometer .... any connector that is running hot gets cut off and replaced.

WHAMMO! Solved the issue of waking up in the middle of the night to the smell of smoldering plastic.

That picture also reminds me of the time way way back in the stone age .... when my apartment caught fire 2 weeks after moving in.  It turned out that the electric stove, when whoever before we moved in, moved the stove, then slid the stove back against the wall, pinching the 50A cord between an edge of metal on the stove and the wall, creating just a very small amount of shorting to ground resistance, which slowly degraded the plastic insulation, thus making the short greater and greater till one day the damn thing had enough heat to catch fire, yet not enough to trip the breaker till after the fire started. That small fire festered in back of the stove, the heat rising up between the wall and the stove, which soon melted the bottom of the 64oz bottle of cooking oil I had resting on the top of the upright back panel ( out of the way of the burners, who would have thunk of the hazard of a short in back of the stove).... ... ... FOOF! No more kitchen.
I threw this old psu cable on an s5 about 2 months ago and will never use any small or cheap cables again.  I had a couple of S5's that I thought I would just throw online with a couple of leftover PSU'S and damn near started a fire.

Ahhh yes, the familiar sight of a molex connector that had poor contact with the pins.

Either poor quality in materials - IE a cheap ass Molex knockoff, or over crimping /mis-aligned crimping or just plain ol being inserted and unplugged a number of times which stretches out the springiness of the contact.... resulting in contact resistance which creates heat to the point of melting / catching fire.

I had that happen with the Avalon 2's I had .... then I purchased a Molex crimper and a non-contact thermometer .... any connector that is running hot gets cut off and replaced.

WHAMMO! Solved the issue of waking up in the middle of the night to the smell of smoldering plastic.
Does anyone know what "type" of connector the data cable is on the S7. Its the 2mm pitch, 2 row - 2mm row spacing, 18 pin cable that goes from the logic board to the hash board.

I'm looking to make some custom cables, but I'm having a hard time determining the appropriate type of connector. 2mm x 2mm x 18 pin is a very common size in many types that even look similar but are different is very subtle ways :-(

If anyone knows the type of connector, or maybe even a part number of that connector that I can cross-reference to something I can order from Digikey or Arrow, please PM me the number.

Thanks

18pin signal cable (2.0mm* 120mm)  https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020160105105043457FPP8X92I0616

Yes, I saw that ... but 120mm (4.724 inches) is waaaay too short and I do not want to cut and splice.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Does anyone know what "type" of connector the data cable is on the S7. Its the 2mm pitch, 2 row - 2mm row spacing, 18 pin cable that goes from the logic board to the hash board.

I'm looking to make some custom cables, but I'm having a hard time determining the appropriate type of connector. 2mm x 2mm x 18 pin is a very common size in many types that even look similar but are different is very subtle ways :-(

If anyone knows the type of connector, or maybe even a part number of that connector that I can cross-reference to something I can order from Digikey or Arrow, please PM me the number.

Thanks

Finksy (in US, canada) had them for sale before-you want a bit longer probably. I bought some from him and so did others.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

Thanks

18pin signal cable (2.0mm* 120mm)  https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020160105105043457FPP8X92I0616

Thanks

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Hi, i want buy a antminer S7, is too late or i can buy and make a profit?

No, it's not too late to buy an S7.

No, it's not too late to "turn a profit", depending on your circumstances. You need to NOT pay a significant tariff/tax/whatever, you'll also need to have low electricity costs, and have a place (with Internet access) that is OK to have 1300W loud heater running 24/7.

NOTE: If you invest $1250, and get back $1251 after running costs, you have "turned a profit".  Only you can decide if it's worth the effort and risk. It's also worth noting that for most folks, you'll have to have BTC increase in value to realize a profit during the time that you have the miner. If the value of BTC declines during the time you own the miner, you'll almost certainly lose money.

Yes, it's too late to "get rich quick" by doing nothing and taking no risk.

I would agree people wanting to get rich quick it's no longer 3 month ROI guarenteed almost like it once was.  And part of mining is doing it as you enjoy it.  If your 100 percent in it for money... there are probley better investments out there for you.   You have to enjoy btc and mining to really be worth while.

One thing to keep in mind is a lot mine and sell it eventually.  So for some the selling at end makes or breaks ROI.  Others it's a bonus ontop with selling.  But selling and finding it a cheaper electricity or free electricity owner is a good boost in profit's compared to sitting in corner if you are not mining them
Activity: 895
Merit: 504

MINE WERE ALSO DELIVERED ON THE 4TH OF JANUARY.  I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE AN EMAIL TELLING ME MY 3 NEW BLADES ARE ON THE WAY.  I SENT THEM THE SHIPPING NUMBER TWICE.  YET NO UPDATE.

Did you exchange email with someone other than info@B...? My replacement request was handled by Sherry. I sent an email asking about the status on Friday, I didn't get any reply from her but received shipment notification from UPS.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

Thanks dmwardjr I will wait then as you are till end of January.

Sure.. it's only been 4 months of blank stares and ignored tickets about the compensation(s) and other refund related issues at Bitmaintech. What's another few more months amongst fan-boys?
 Cheesy

After looking at your local time, that explains the use of the word, "fan-boys."  I'm not desperate for 0.7 BTC to be delivered to my wallet immediately.  Others may be.  I'm not.  As long as I receive compensation is all that matters.

huh? he is listed in CT; local time is weird since they measure it in central eu time.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Thanks dmwardjr I will wait then as you are till end of January.

Sure.. it's only been 4 months of blank stares and ignored tickets about the compensation(s) and other refund related issues at Bitmaintech. What's another few more months amongst fan-boys?
 Cheesy

After looking at your local time, that explains the use of the word, "fan-boys."  I'm not desperate for 0.7 BTC to be delivered to my wallet immediately.  Others may be.  I'm not.  As long as I receive compensation is all that matters.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

MINE WERE ALSO DELIVERED ON THE 4TH OF JANUARY.  I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE AN EMAIL TELLING ME MY 3 NEW BLADES ARE ON THE WAY.  I SENT THEM THE SHIPPING NUMBER TWICE.  YET NO UPDATE.

Activity: 293
many variables to answer your question. Wink
1.it depends how much you are paying for electric kilowatt unit
2.depends where you live. because S7 are quite noisy and really produced a lot of heat. If you have never seen and not heard such thing as s7 l Be careful Grin Cheesy
because any additional investment in cooling the space where will work s7, can be high and can affect your roi..
3. bitcoin price on the stock exchange. now very good. reduces roi very well
4.You must by prepare> buying equipment as S7, can be said without warranty If down. For even when you manage to successfully resolve complaints with  bitmain. you must pay tax again when bitmain send you back good hw.. in my facist  country I paid over 300 usd  for one  s7 as tax for goverment.(send with Dhl from cn) lucky usa/canadians Cry  

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

Edit: schedule delivery Thursday  Smiley
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052

No, it's not too late to buy an S7.

No, it's not too late to "turn a profit", depending on your circumstances. You need to NOT pay a significant tariff/tax/whatever, you'll also need to have low electricity costs, and have a place (with Internet access) that is OK to have 1300W loud heater running 24/7.

NOTE: If you invest $1250, and get back $1251 after running costs, you have "turned a profit".  Only you can decide if it's worth the effort and risk. It's also worth noting that for most folks, you'll have to have BTC increase in value to realize a profit during the time that you have the miner. If the value of BTC declines during the time you own the miner, you'll almost certainly lose money.

Yes, it's too late to "get rich quick" by doing nothing and taking no risk.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....

I'd suggest to pass. Too many problems with the later batches and the difficulty / earnings are changing so you do your own due diligence on that.
Activity: 123
Merit: 14
Pages:
Jump to: