Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 148. (Read 527803 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 270
Reverse Engineer
anyone need S7 hashboard connector pin info description, i can provide it.
also you can use hashboards only 4 data cable Smiley (tx-rx-3.3V-Gnd)
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over the "missing connectors" on the Batch 8 S7's. The vast majority of the existing S7 purchasers have no idea if their populated and unused connectors actually work. Some of have obviously tinkered with their machines, but 95% have used it as it arrived. After all, if they didn't work, what would you do? Bitmain makes no claim about the unused connectors, and won't "fix" them if they don't work. Even if they did, would you want to send in a working controller (disabling your miner) to get something "fixed" you don't need?

Yes, it looks a little cheap, but way better than some companies (e.g. one PCIe power connector on the KNC Neptune).

In the grand scheme of "S7 Batch number Confusion", this won't matter at all when you resell it.

It's very likely that if you solder the connectors where they are supposed to be, you can have them working if they aren't disabled in one of the new firmwares.
Activity: 786
I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over the "missing connectors" on the Batch 8 S7's. The vast majority of the existing S7 purchasers have no idea if their populated and unused connectors actually work. Some of have obviously tinkered with their machines, but 95% have used it as it arrived. After all, if they didn't work, what would you do? Bitmain makes no claim about the unused connectors, and won't "fix" them if they don't work. Even if they did, would you want to send in a working controller (disabling your miner) to get something "fixed" you don't need?

Yes, it looks a little cheap, but way better than some companies (e.g. one PCIe power connector on the KNC Neptune).

In the grand scheme of "S7 Batch number Confusion", this won't matter at all when you resell it.

Yup. Yet, the nice thing about extra connectors is when a controller dies on one rig,  you can  hook up a rig to another rig's controller. I had hoped to do that on Monday when i received 2 more rigs. You see, my Batch 1 rig has been down for 1+ months while waiting to get a replacement controller from Bitmain Warranty in Denver. Sad  So without theextra connectors on my Batch 8s, I couldn't hook up my Batch 1 on Monday after my new rigs arrived.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
So I plugged my B8 in on Monday and it has been hashing fine until this morning when I noticed the first chain only had 42 chips running...rebooted it, only 42 running.  Powered it off, powered it back on, 43 chips running.  I do see a newer firmware, 12/11/2015 on their website.  Should I try to flash it with the newer firmware before starting the RMA process?

It shouldn't hurt to try, generally when I RMA they never ask so definitely not a requirement..

Well it's worth a shot at least.  They weren't DOA when I received the miner but they're not firing up anymore for some reason.  I had issues with my S5 that were actually fixed with newer firmware. 
Activity: 840
miner is stuck in china "clearance event"... how long does it usually take?

14 hours for mine, it's just the time for the papers to be registered to the customs by the carrier or the broker Bitmain choose (usually the carrier is acting as a broker).
I got a call from DHL today asking in what category they should place a "bitcoin miner" for the taxes, some time later, the clearance event was followed by "Clearance processing complete at SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC".
"Computer accessories" seems to work as a category for customs.
legendary
Activity: 1428
https://www.bitworks.io
So I plugged my B8 in on Monday and it has been hashing fine until this morning when I noticed the first chain only had 42 chips running...rebooted it, only 42 running.  Powered it off, powered it back on, 43 chips running.  I do see a newer firmware, 12/11/2015 on their website.  Should I try to flash it with the newer firmware before starting the RMA process?

It shouldn't hurt to try, generally when I RMA they never ask so definitely not a requirement..
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
anyone know how much Watts B8 would take if underclocked at 650 Mhz ?
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
miner is stuck in china "clearance event"... how long does it usually take?
Activity: 592
Merit: 500
Does anyone have any info on the life span of Antminer S7 Batch 8 or Batch 9?
Or at least approximately

Lifespan in terms of making money or reliability?

I am asking because this is going to be my first miner ever. I am planning on running it 24/7 in a really cold room.
Noise is not a problem. Electricity is $0.089 kW/h.
In my country the average monthly payment for a job is $220... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
With my calculations this machine is going to be bringing me around $415 per month and around $330 profit. Break even in 3 months .

Break even will be longer my friend.  But "free" heat is always good no ?  With the difficulty rise, you will make 400, then, 350, then 300 per month (im pulling numbers out of thin air), etc.  But you will make a profit even after halving hopefully, you electricity isnt too bad.  Also consider that you will sell the miner after a while.  How much will it be worth after the halving ?  Hard to say.  Judging from experience, it will retain much of its value.  Its a lot of money (even though some people here dont hesitate to drop 50k on miners...but then again its all re-invested money).  Also dont forget customs and taxes, I had to pay over 300$cad (god damn...). 

I just self cleared (acted as my own broker) s7's the other day through customs. You should not have had to pay anything but GST. They fall under a trade deal with preferential countries and have no fees.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
I'ts funny how BITMAIN always declared my invoices a bit higher than they actually were.

I paid 12.4 BTC for 4x S7 batch 8 when price of BTC was 418$, meaning I paid 5183 $ for the order.
Their invoice is 5300 $
This rounding up in their favor happened on every of my orders, they always declared a higher value
I wonder why they are doing this ?
my import duties is really high, 24 % of the declared value, so this means I will extra for the import because of this.

They should be helping their customers, instead they are overwhelming them with higher import duties
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
hi all,

Im running batch 8 S7, and im using 750W corsair PSU x 3 unit per S7, Everyday im having some problem on the not running board at photo below.
http://www.mms.net.my/bit/IMG_3298.JPG

Does anyone have same problem? please guide and help. I have switch the PSU, the problem is not solved.

Thanks.

manual fan n try to bring temps below mid 60's. power the boards before controller. looks weird.
Activity: 84
If You want to run fans 3000rpm You have to underclock, I have 3960 rpm and 693Mhz 59-61C temps.
Activity: 81
hi all,

Im running batch 8 S7, and im using 750W corsair PSU x 3 unit per S7, Everyday im having some problem on the not running board at photo below.
http://www.mms.net.my/bit/IMG_3298.JPG

Does anyone have same problem? please guide and help. I have switch the PSU, the problem is not solved.

Thanks.
Activity: 84
So as they said on Batch 8 this looks to be the Final Spec and we have exchanged Spec Changes at every batch for Price Reductions at every Batch.  Smiley

Has anyone got any more info / pictures of the controller board, with reduced number of Fan & Hash connectors that was reported?

Rich

My batch 8 has only 2 fan connectors and 3 hashboard connectors.

I got BM powers and they are little bit a pain to install as wires are shorter than told in specs.
Is it OK to use miners sideways connectors and control board pointing left or right?

I have tested power usage and I get xxxs some times which I didn't get with "low end cheap server powers", power efficiency is better naturally.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
it would increase the aftermarket value of B1-7.

One positive way of looking at it I suppose.

Always hate it when manufacturers start saving a few cents in this way. I am assuming it's been driven by the Bean Counters rather than a deliberate attempt to stop people plugging up multiple S7 to a single controller?

Or could mean there is an S7+ on the way?

Rich

Yeah i'm guessing an s7+ is coming end of january/feb, will probably be a monster at 4000w, and you will need 30 pcie cables Tongue

Hahahahaha!   Maybe 40 pcie cables!  hahahaha 
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Does anyone have any info on the life span of Antminer S7 Batch 8 or Batch 9?
Or at least approximately

Lifespan in terms of making money or reliability?

I am asking because this is going to be my first miner ever. I am planning on running it 24/7 in a really cold room.
Noise is not a problem. Electricity is $0.089 kW/h.
In my country the average monthly payment for a job is $220... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
With my calculations this machine is going to be bringing me around $415 per month and around $330 profit. Break even in 3 months .

Break even will be longer my friend.  But "free" heat is always good no ?  With the difficulty rise, you will make 400, then, 350, then 300 per month (im pulling numbers out of thin air), etc.  But you will make a profit even after halving hopefully, you electricity isnt too bad.  Also consider that you will sell the miner after a while.  How much will it be worth after the halving ?  Hard to say.  Judging from experience, it will retain much of its value.  Its a lot of money (even though some people here dont hesitate to drop 50k on miners...but then again its all re-invested money).  Also dont forget customs and taxes, I had to pay over 300$cad (god damn...). 

I have revised my old hardware return vs network difficulty increase chart to shine some light on this.

This document has been shared for anyone to use.

BTC at $150 USD power costs at $0.03 kWh.

BTC at $450 USD power costs at $0.03 kWh.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZphwgPk2lySm3sNlHnow6tuwx6YUV0G7qGDtRZ2xFbk/edit?usp=sharing
You will also find other sheets that contain estimated returns that only factor in power costs.
Please note that this does not take into account hardware or other overhead costs.

Thanks for sharing !  Smiley

Activity: 786
Yup- you're seeing it right wolfen.
Jump to: