Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 147. (Read 527803 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
Got a batch 8 in today, disappointed with it. Only runs at 4.6Th/s.

hows the power consumption? can you confirm the control board has removed connections? thanks

Didn't have time to get measurements for power use yet. Yes, control board is missing 6 data ports and 4 fan headers.

Notice the very high hardware errors at stock settings. bitmain is selling us cheapened out to the max, overclocked junk.

Thanks, bitmain.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 99
Merit: 10

hows the power consumption? can you confirm the control board has removed connections? thanks
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
I bought the APW3-12-1600 PSU and the antminer S7.

I connected the PSU to the wall and that powered on just fine. The fan came on and it seems to be ok.

I then connected all 9 connections to the 3 hashing boards, as stated in the instructions which came with the S7, but nothing happened on the miner. No lights or no fans turning.

I tried connecting the last connection to the control board and that didn't do anything either.

I tried powering off the PSU with everything left connected and plugged back in and nothing.

So I started to look for a power switch on the unit and I looked at some pictures online and realized the button which I believe is the power button was pushed all the way in and stuck behind the metal plate which is right next to the QC sticker and Ethernet port.

I used a small nail to pry the button out from behind the metal, and that worked, and if I push the button I can feel a click, but the unit still doesn't turn on. I tried the same with the control board PCI-e connector disconnected and plugged it in after and still nothing.

I held down the button I freed up for over 10 seconds and nothing.

Anyone have any hints / tips for me?

1. that was not a power button, that was a reset button. don't know what happened to it after you "pried it out".
2. there is NO power button on S7
3. there is a power switch on PSU
4. did you switch the PSU off before connecting it to miner? I hope so.
5. Did you use 220V? It does not work on 110/120V

Also he only mention 9 PCI-e plugs. There are 10. The controller need to be powered, which is how everything else is turned on. Please verify this is not simply the answer to the current problem, even tho so unlikely. Might be possible since he was trying to turn the reset switch into power on. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
I bought the APW3-12-1600 PSU and the antminer S7.

I connected the PSU to the wall and that powered on just fine. The fan came on and it seems to be ok.

I then connected all 9 connections to the 3 hashing boards, as stated in the instructions which came with the S7, but nothing happened on the miner. No lights or no fans turning.

I tried connecting the last connection to the control board and that didn't do anything either.

I tried powering off the PSU with everything left connected and plugged back in and nothing.

So I started to look for a power switch on the unit and I looked at some pictures online and realized the button which I believe is the power button was pushed all the way in and stuck behind the metal plate which is right next to the QC sticker and Ethernet port.

I used a small nail to pry the button out from behind the metal, and that worked, and if I push the button I can feel a click, but the unit still doesn't turn on. I tried the same with the control board PCI-e connector disconnected and plugged it in after and still nothing.

I held down the button I freed up for over 10 seconds and nothing.

Anyone have any hints / tips for me?

1. that was not a power button, that was a reset button. don't know what happened to it after you "pried it out".
2. there is NO power button on S7
3. there is a power switch on PSU
4. did you switch the PSU off before connecting it to miner? I hope so.
5. Did you use 220V? It (Bitmain's PSU) does not work on 110/120V.
6. last, but not least, ethernet cable has to be connected between your router (or ethernet hub) and the miner (this does not explain no lights  though).
legendary
anyone know how much Watts B8 would take if underclocked at 650 Mhz ?

W goes up and down about 10W numbers are from middle.

With BM power:

700Mhz 1210W
693Mhz  1103W
675Mhz  1170W
650Mhz  1130W
625Mhz  1086W
600Mhz  1040W

interesting...you must have a very good specimen+great PSU since
Bitmain claims 1293W+10% at the wall at 700mhz with 93% effective PSU.
My B6 (same number of chips) did 1160W at the wall at 650 with gold PSU (don't know how effective it is)
Activity: 84
anyone know how much Watts B8 would take if underclocked at 650 Mhz ?

W goes up and down about 10W numbers are from middle.

With BM power:

700Mhz 1210W
693Mhz  1103W
675Mhz  1170W
650Mhz  1130W
625Mhz  1086W
600Mhz  1040W
legendary
wouldn't surprise me a bit if they'll drop the price to $500 in 2 mo considering the 16nm avalanche, which would basically mean (if no BTC price increase above $450) the more you bought, the worse it will be for you. S7 price trajectory resembles SP20 and S1 more than S3/S5.

Yeah, I hate myself now with those Batch 1 price in BTC

The Batch 1 set had a low BTC price, and high fiat price to contend with. The fiat price has declined, which I expect is to encourage demand, and the BTC price has roughly doubled (for reasons unknown to me).

I think there was "huge" pent up demand for the S7, and Bitmain priced it accordingly (in fiat). The changes in BTC price I think (and hope) are outside of Btimain's control.   Smiley

Running as hard as I can to get these paid off and get a return before the transition (either HALVING or NEW CHIPS/MACHINES)!  Go Go Go! 

This wish looks exceedingly unlikely. Maybe in $$, but not in BTC by a long shot (and getting longer).
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
wouldn't surprise me a bit if they'll drop the price to $500 in 2 mo considering the 16nm avalanche, which would basically mean (if no BTC price increase above $450) the more you bought, the worse it will be for you. S7 price trajectory resembles SP20 and S1 more than S3/S5.

The Batch 1 set had a low BTC price, and high fiat price to contend with. The fiat price has declined, which I expect is to encourage demand, and the BTC price has roughly doubled (for reasons unknown to me).

I think there was "huge" pent up demand for the S7, and Bitmain priced it accordingly (in fiat). The changes in BTC price I think (and hope) are outside of Btimain's control.   Smiley

Running as hard as I can to get these paid off and get a return before the transition (either HALVING or NEW CHIPS/MACHINES)!  Go Go Go! 
Activity: 84
I'ts funny how BITMAIN always declared my invoices a bit higher than they actually were.

I paid 12.4 BTC for 4x S7 batch 8 when price of BTC was 418$, meaning I paid 5183 $ for the order.
Their invoice is 5300 $
This rounding up in their favor happened on every of my orders, they always declared a higher value
I wonder why they are doing this ?
my import duties is really high, 24 % of the declared value, so this means I will extra for the import because of this.

They should be helping their customers, instead they are overwhelming them with higher import duties
They get a 17% tax refund from government.

You send Your invoice(BTC) from BM to Customs office and some proof what BTC to $ or € value was at invoice day and Customs calculate import value for Your miners and charge VAT/sale tax.

BM have to put USD values on boxes for China Customs even if mainers are sold and paid in BTC. 
Activity: 106
I'ts funny how BITMAIN always declared my invoices a bit higher than they actually were.

I paid 12.4 BTC for 4x S7 batch 8 when price of BTC was 418$, meaning I paid 5183 $ for the order.
Their invoice is 5300 $
This rounding up in their favor happened on every of my orders, they always declared a higher value
my import duties is really high, 24 % of the declared value, so this means I will extra for the import because of this.

They should be helping their customers, instead they are overwhelming them with higher import duties

You think that's bad.  I ordered 20 batch 5 units and a couple weeks after arrival I got the customs invoice.
Declared value was $128,360.  I called Fedex and started a grievance, but that could take up to 180 days from what they told me.
After looking over the customs documentations I don't think it was the result of declared value by Bitmain.  It clearly shows an Export Reference number of 64xx.  Someone decided to populate the declared value field with the reference number.  Most likely this was done by Fedex brokerage.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

I think there was "huge" pent up demand for the S7, and Bitmain priced it accordingly (in fiat). The changes in BTC price I think (and hope) are outside of Btimain's control.   Smiley

Yeah, that was direct complains to me, not Bitmain Tongue

But how I could see the price double ? Tongue
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052

legendary

legendary
Activity: 484
Merit: 251

Their invoice is 5300 $

They get a 17% tax refund from government.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Does anyone have any info on the life span of Antminer S7 Batch 8 or Batch 9?
Or at least approximately

Lifespan in terms of making money or reliability?

I am asking because this is going to be my first miner ever. I am planning on running it 24/7 in a really cold room.
Noise is not a problem. Electricity is $0.089 kW/h.
In my country the average monthly payment for a job is $220... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
With my calculations this machine is going to be bringing me around $415 per month and around $330 profit. Break even in 3 months .

Break even will be longer my friend.  But "free" heat is always good no ?  With the difficulty rise, you will make 400, then, 350, then 300 per month (im pulling numbers out of thin air), etc.  But you will make a profit even after halving hopefully, you electricity isnt too bad.  Also consider that you will sell the miner after a while.  How much will it be worth after the halving ?  Hard to say.  Judging from experience, it will retain much of its value.  Its a lot of money (even though some people here dont hesitate to drop 50k on miners...but then again its all re-invested money).  Also dont forget customs and taxes, I had to pay over 300$cad (god damn...). 

I just self cleared (acted as my own broker) s7's the other day through customs. You should not have had to pay anything but GST. They fall under a trade deal with preferential countries and have no fees.

really....im in Quebec.  Ill have to look into that, thanks.
Activity: 99
miner is stuck in china "clearance event"... how long does it usually take?

It's been check by the custom .... just be patient, a day or so.

Yeah. It's moving now. Just a day late on the delivery. Not a big deal
legendary
miner is stuck in china "clearance event"... how long does it usually take?

It's been check by the custom .... just be patient, a day or so.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
anyone need S7 hashboard connector pin info description, i can provide it.
also you can use hashboards only 4 data cable Smiley (tx-rx-3.3V-Gnd)

Interesting, please share the pin out. Are you sure that it's only 4 connections? If the same as an S5 I would have thought there would also be a Reset plus Data & Clock for the LM75A Temp Sensor?

Rich
Jump to: