Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 149. (Read 527805 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 523
So as they said on Batch 8 this looks to be the Final Spec and we have exchanged Spec Changes at every batch for Price Reductions at every Batch.  Smiley

Has anyone got any more info / pictures of the controller board, with reduced number of Fan & Hash connectors that was reported?

Rich

Here it is:

http://prntscr.com/9ej2n9

Hmm what a load of meanies...  Sad They have depopulated the board, removing the additional Fan & Hash Board sockets. There may well be other components removed as well, but cannot tell at the moment.

Rich
I'm seeing 3 hash connectors and two fan connectors? All pins gone from the others?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
it would increase the aftermarket value of B1-7.

One positive way of looking at it I suppose.

Always hate it when manufacturers start saving a few cents in this way. I am assuming it's been driven by the Bean Counters rather than a deliberate attempt to stop people plugging up multiple S7 to a single controller?

Or could mean there is an S7+ on the way?

Rich

personally, i don't care anymore...it is not the time to spend BTC, but the time to harvest 'em.

I agree just mine and save btc don't spend any btc.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Yeah i'm guessing an s7+ is coming end of january/feb, will probably be a monster at 4000w, and you will need 30 pcie cables Tongue

If watch  the number Antpool Active Workers  , then the monsters are already mining in antpool.

165 PHs   and  188839 Active Workers .

With 140PHs was over 206000 Active Workers.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Interesting re B1 S7.
It suddenly went from 4.79 Th to 3.65 Th for few hours (before I noticed) without any zeroes or temperature extremes.
Soft reboot fixed the problem.
two possibilities: some chips dropped out, but somehow boards did not show it or miner "got tired' and "decided" to take it easy  Smiley
This is one of the earliest B1 machines ever delivered (on day two of B1 delivery-9/24 or so)-hashing close to 3 months already, so it would be interesting if someone else observed the same.

Happened to me once for a B1 delivered early too. Hashrate dropped to 2/3 for ~6 hours then it got back up to normal without me touching anything. I just saw the dip on the antpool website and the lower average hashrate on my S7 webpage. I thought it was the PSU acting weird.

2/3 is probably 2 boards out of three (should be ~3.19 Th), but 3.65 Th is a weird number.
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
Interesting re B1 S7.
It suddenly went from 4.79 Th to 3.65 Th for few hours (before I noticed) without any zeroes or temperature extremes.
two possibilities: some chips dropped out, but somehow boards did not show it or miner "got tired' and "decided" to take it easy  Smiley
This is one of the earliest B1 machines ever delivered (on day two of B1 delivery-9/24 or so)-hashing close to 3 months already, so it would be interesting if someone else observed the same.

Happened to me once for a B1 delivered early too. Hashrate dropped to 2/3 for ~6 hours then it got back up to normal without me touching anything. I just saw the dip on the antpool website and the lower average hashrate on my S7 webpage. I thought it was the PSU acting weird.
legendary

Always hate it when manufacturers start saving a few cents in this way. I am assuming it's been driven by the Bean Counters rather than a deliberate attempt to stop people plugging up multiple S7 to a single controller?

Rich

personally, i don't care anymore...it is not the time to spend BTC, but the time to harvest 'em.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be

Rich

Yeah i'm guessing an s7+ is coming end of january/feb, will probably be a monster at 4000w, and you will need 30 pcie cables Tongue
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

legendary
So as they said on Batch 8 this looks to be the Final Spec and we have exchanged Spec Changes at every batch for Price Reductions at every Batch.  Smiley

Has anyone got any more info / pictures of the controller board, with reduced number of Fan & Hash connectors that was reported?

Rich

Here it is:

Hmm what a load of meanies...  Sad They have depopulated the board, removing the additional Fan & Hash Board sockets. There may well be other components removed as well, but cannot tell at the moment.

Rich

WOW, I don't like this at all.  This makes things more difficult and leaves little options in the future if things should go wrong.  I understand all of the components used for each unit adds up with multiple units and getting rid of components reduces cost but geeeeeeeez.

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

Rich

Here it is:

Hmm what a load of meanies...  Sad They have depopulated the board, removing the additional Fan & Hash Board sockets. There may well be other components removed as well, but cannot tell at the moment.

Rich

WOW, I don't like this at all.  This makes things more difficult and leaves little options in the future if things should go wrong.  I understand all of the components used for each unit adds up with multiple units and getting rid of components reduces manufacturing cost but geeeeeeeez.
legendary
Interesting re B1 S7.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
I upgraded my 4.86TH/s S7 to firmware v 20151211 with no problems. Anybody know what improvements or fixes were made since oct.?

No idea thanks to bitmain's legendary incompetence.
Activity: 668
Merit: 257
I upgraded my 4.86TH/s S7 to firmware v 20151211 with no problems. Anybody know what improvements or fixes were made since oct.?

Rich

Here it is:

Hmm what a load of meanies...  Sad They have depopulated the board, removing the additional Fan & Hash Board sockets. There may well be other components removed as well, but cannot tell at the moment.

Rich
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

Rich

Here it is:

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
Does anyone have any info on the life span of Antminer S7 Batch 8 or Batch 9?
Or at least approximately

Lifespan in terms of making money or reliability?

I am asking because this is going to be my first miner ever. I am planning on running it 24/7 in a really cold room.
Noise is not a problem. Electricity is $0.089 kW/h.
In my country the average monthly payment for a job is $220... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
With my calculations this machine is going to be bringing me around $415 per month and around $330 profit. Break even in 3 months .

Break even will be longer my friend.  But "free" heat is always good no ?  With the difficulty rise, you will make 400, then, 350, then 300 per month (im pulling numbers out of thin air), etc.  But you will make a profit even after halving hopefully, you electricity isnt too bad.  Also consider that you will sell the miner after a while.  How much will it be worth after the halving ?  Hard to say.  Judging from experience, it will retain much of its value.  Its a lot of money (even though some people here dont hesitate to drop 50k on miners...but then again its all re-invested money).  Also dont forget customs and taxes, I had to pay over 300$cad (god damn...). 

I have revised my old hardware return vs network difficulty increase chart to shine some light on this.

This document has been shared for anyone to use.

BTC at $150 USD power costs at $0.03 kWh.

BTC at $450 USD power costs at $0.03 kWh.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZphwgPk2lySm3sNlHnow6tuwx6YUV0G7qGDtRZ2xFbk/edit?usp=sharing
You will also find other sheets that contain estimated returns that only factor in power costs.
Please note that this does not take into account hardware or other overhead costs.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Well in my experience miners run a very long time, 24/7.  Some people have problems, but it seems to be hit or miss.  I've run mine (s1 to s5) for more than a year no problems.  Macedonia eh?  Cool, I've been there once...road trip...nice place, I remember eating at a 5 star restaurant next to a lake, for a couple of bucks...awesome country.  The price doesnt go up with difficulty, but right now it is.  Buying mining equipment is a bit of a gamble, like buying bitcoin I suppose.

You've probably been to Ohrid. It's where I live.
So do you think the bitcoin will rise in the next couple of months?

Yeah I believe we are going into another massive pump...to be followed by a massive dump Smiley

One last question. I just realised the new Batch 9 on the website. How is it any different than the Batch 8?

As Rich said, batch 8 is pretty much the final version of the s7, so batch 9 seems to be the same as batch 8.  But thats a "pre-order" for one month...a lot can happen in one month.

Thanks a lot for the answers.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Well in my experience miners run a very long time, 24/7.  Some people have problems, but it seems to be hit or miss.  I've run mine (s1 to s5) for more than a year no problems.  Macedonia eh?  Cool, I've been there once...road trip...nice place, I remember eating at a 5 star restaurant next to a lake, for a couple of bucks...awesome country.  The price doesnt go up with difficulty, but right now it is.  Buying mining equipment is a bit of a gamble, like buying bitcoin I suppose.

You've probably been to Ohrid. It's where I live.
So do you think the bitcoin will rise in the next couple of months?

Yeah I believe we are going into another massive pump...to be followed by a massive dump Smiley

One last question. I just realised the new Batch 9 on the website. How is it any different than the Batch 8?

As Rich said, batch 8 is pretty much the final version of the s7, so batch 9 seems to be the same as batch 8.  But thats a "pre-order" for one month...a lot can happen in one month.

Spec wise it's the same. Price is reduced, delivery is later.

Rich
Jump to: