Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 152. (Read 527805 times)

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Hello,
I am thinking of overclocking my S7 B6 (4,05TH/s) a bit. Is there a special thread for OC of S7?
If not, what can you recommend? It runs at 41°C while hashing at a Frequency of 600.
Thank you and kind regards

You should overclock to a frequency where you get > 0.001 % AND < 0.005 % HW error. (between 0.001% and 0.005%)
This will allow you to get the best hashrate for your voltage.

I have a batch 8, I find its pretty picky.  change fan speed and all goes to hell.  hw goes up, sometimes i get x's for some chips.  at 3600rpm I seem to get close to 4700ghs, with 0.002-0.005 hw error rate.  So far, the way to go is:  find a setting that works, and dont ever touch that thing again.  temps are around 52-55c.  Anybody has a batch 8 that can help out with settings ?  I'd like to put fan speed back down to 35%, but then I get 4550-4600ghs with 62-66c temps.  
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
Found Lost beach - quiet now
Bitmain has been down a long time. I hope the Chinese government hasn't shut them down. Anybody heard any news about why they're down?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Just un-boxed and set up 2 S7 batch 8s. I have long data cables and I'd like to connect them to one controller to test that. 

Dumb question (I'm blind today):

Where/how do I connect the fans from the second rig to the controller on the first rig?

philipma described the setup here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12529952

Doh- after looking at the picture. I just realized the Batch 8 controllers don't have the extra sockets for running data and fan cables to a second or third rig. ( I still haven't got my Batch 1 controller back from Denver. Otherwise, i would have seen the obvious difference and not posted my silly question. )

A pain for you but very interesting. Is this perhaps an S5 Controiller with 2 fan connectors & 4 Hash Board connectors, or something new? Do you have a picture of the controller?

Rich
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
Just un-boxed and set up 2 S7 batch 8s. I have long data cables and I'd like to connect them to one controller to test that. 

Where/how do I connect the fans from the second rig to the controller on the first rig?

Doh- after looking at the picture. I just realized the Batch 8 controllers don't have the extra sockets for running data and fan cables to a second or third rig. ( I still haven't got my Batch 1 controller back from Denver. Otherwise, i would have seen the obvious difference and not posted my silly question. )
S7 @ 3.1BTC shipping 5 days after payment recieved is fool's gold!
Shipping from stock at what was at the time a price cut smacks of a clearance sale. The significance of that clearance by bitmain may simply be undermining a competitor or clearing space for the next generation BM chip. Either way, with the network diff they have to recoup as much as possible from their stocks before they become worthless.

I think the price is more a reflection of how much BTC has risen in value, rather than any fire sale. S7 have some way to run yet. Even with the Difficulty rises we are seeing and the halving still the best value for money miner on the market at the moment.

Rich

It's not always fools gold if you consider other factors. I keep my miners in the basement and use them to heat the house in the winter. I estimate a heating cost savings of about $150/month which pays for most of the extra electric cost.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
The price of S7 B8 would be a reflection on the price of BTC if the S7 sales were not from stock. And there is a difference between a fire sale and a clearance sale which I believe this is thus the fool's gold.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Hello,
I am thinking of overclocking my S7 B6 (4,05TH/s) a bit. Is there a special thread for OC of S7?
If not, what can you recommend? It runs at 41°C while hashing at a Frequency of 600.

It's not the temp that is more important, but The HW error.
I've got almost no error at 600 (less than 0.0001%),
so I overclocked it to 650: ~4.28-4.3 Th, 1160W, 0.0012% error
I noticed that fan never exceeds 4320; they probably capped it there.
675 and 700 mhz does not work (for my S7 B6)

Thanks for sharing this about B6 OC! I'm waiting for an additional PSU arrive and do my experiments.
What does it happen exactly when you set to 675 or 700? Do you get x's in the status? Doesn't hash at all? Sounds like is asking for more volts. Maybe feeding more power will make it.

no x's, but chips throttled back (speed was less than at 650) and error was high ~0.5%
legendary

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Shipping from stock at what was at the time a price cut smacks of a clearance sale. The significance of that clearance by bitmain may simply be undermining a competitor or clearing space for the next generation BM chip. Either way, with the network diff they have to recoup as much as possible from their stocks before they become worthless.

I think the price is more a reflection of how much BTC has risen in value, rather than any fire sale. S7 have some way to run yet. Even with the Difficulty rises we are seeing and the halving still the best value for money miner on the market at the moment.

Rich
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Haven't been tracking S7 price and wondering if buying at 3.1 BTC over the weekend was a bad idea. Did they go down to lower the price? Do they generally lower as the value of BTC goes up?
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

Activity: 157
Merit: 103
Guys any updates about December firmware?  Maybe someone was seen Bitmain notes about this? What improvements?  I do not dream about Official Release Notes Smiley We know some info about Sep and Oct firmware but what about Dec?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
what is wrong with bitmaintech.com website ? Sad
it's been down for many hours.
I'm wondering if they started shipping the S7 B8 3.1 BTC from stock ?
I have an order placed on saturday.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Hello,

It's not the temp that is more important, but The HW error.
I've got almost no error at 600 (less than 0.0001%),
so I overclocked it to 650: ~4.28-4.3 Th, 1160W, 0.0012% error
I noticed that fan never exceeds 4320; they probably capped it there.
675 and 700 mhz does not work (for my S7 B6)

Thanks for sharing this about B6 OC! I'm waiting for an additional PSU arrive and do my experiments.
What does it happen exactly when you set to 675 or 700? Do you get x's in the status? Doesn't hash at all? Sounds like is asking for more volts. Maybe feeding more power will make it.
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
Hello,

You should overclock to a frequency where you get > 0.001 % AND < 0.005 % HW error. (between 0.001% and 0.005%)

Wow, it seems I should underclock them. My S7 have  around 0.0065% with default settings :-(
It should be fine, just don't overclock it
Activity: 373
Merit: 252
Wow, it seems I should underclock them. My S7 have  around 0.0065% with default settings :-(
What kind of PSU are you using? I find that with lower quality PSU's you get higher HW error rates (voltages might not be exact, in my experience that's led to some problems with miners).

I'm running an S7 right now and its HW error rate is around 0.0004% after 3 days of running steady.
legendary
Hello,

Wow, it seems I should underclock them. My S7 have  around 0.0065% with default settings :-(

just try to reload the cgminer by going to "advanced", not changing anything, then clicking "save and apply".
sometimes they latch on a better "state" and sometimes on "worse"
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
Hello,

legendary
Just out of interest, why bother with the EVGA and not just take the power supply offered by Bitmaintech?

EVGA can be plug into 120v, the bitmain psu cannot. Some of us dont have any 240v available.  Wink

Yep, Believe it or not in the United States 240V is pretty hard to come by. Were talking dryer and washing machine plugs only. Maybe the oven if you want to go that far. I had the oven socket wired up to a PDU and wired up to miners a year ago but the other people in my house couldn't handle switching out to use the oven and all the fuss so we took that option away. If they only knew that the extra 50A/10,000Kwh could have been so much better for our mining over the last year...

Try explaining why you need the oven hooked up 95% of the time for mining/noise pollution to your roommates. I even offered to pay 100% of the electric bill. Roll Eyes

1. wifie looked at me kind of funny when I suggested that i will use the 240V dryer outlet. making major electrical updates are counterproductive with high cost and little benefit in everything else.
2. most people got evgas from S3-S5 fun run
3. the cost of evga 1300 is ~$125 on ebay or here
4. evga has awesome reviews, very stable power
5. very little noise from EVGA
Jump to: