Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 156. (Read 527808 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Yes very nice, that's more like the sort of Overclock that we should be seeing.  Smiley

Technically according to the BM1385 Data Sheet with 12.8V you should be able to run 775MHz giving 6278GH/s  Grin Although I would want the fans running flat out for that...

Rich

LOL, agreed...

Might have to have a mechanism to provide a steady mist of hydrogen while he's at it in order to keep them below 80C.  LOL

Only kidding around...

Beside the chips heating up. Do you think there's any tear on the circuits itself that would make the unit wear off too quick?

Because at this level of gain, i'd just build it an enclosure with an air circuit that goes strait outside with sonopan and bam. Run the fan full speed with no noise.

It's well within the spec of the chip, so it's all just down to cooling. Trouble is you only know the temperature in the middle of the board. So my concern would be what the actual temperatures of some of the chips that are getting less cooling are going to? With the "Right" cooling it should be ok... but there would be a much less margin for error.

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Beside the chips heating up. Do you think there's any tear on the circuits itself that would make the unit wear off too quick?

Because at this level of gain, i'd just build it an enclosure with an air circuit that goes strait outside with sonopan and bam. Run the fan full speed with no noise.

I know what sonopan is but what is "bam?"
legendary
Merit: 1068
Yes very nice, that's more like the sort of Overclock that we should be seeing.  Smiley

Technically according to the BM1385 Data Sheet with 12.8V you should be able to run 775MHz giving 6278GH/s  Grin Although I would want the fans running flat out for that...

Rich

LOL, agreed...

Might have to have a mechanism to provide a steady mist of hydrogen while he's at it in order to keep them below 80C.  LOL

Only kidding around...

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I just noticed, he has five (5) pools in the miner status.  I didn't know we could have more than 3.  Is that with the new firmware or what?
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Rich

LOL, agreed...

Only kidding around...
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Holy Smoking HOT!  That is really pushing it.  Keep us informed if you have any issues.  You are getting COIN right now and I hope that you can continue to get COIN later! 

Yes, I'm like you.  I wonder how long it will last?  

Anyway, THAT is some serious mining there with the S7.  Can't be done without increasing the voltage.  Great job!
Activity: 588
I'm trying to order an S7 and the PSU but I get this error:
"Can not buy different currency once"
I have Bitcoin selected.
Anyone know a fix for this?
You have to order the PSU and the miner separately. This is a bug on the bitmain website that is there for some time already.

Here is some Overvolting - overclocking of my S7 Batch 1 with DPS-2000BB and J4bberwock breakout board.
Getting ~ 5660Gh/s, Voltage is 12.75 V under full load.
Power consumption at the wall is 1590Watt => 0.28J/Gh efficiency
I know it runs hot, but I need the silence.

Holy Smoking HOT!  That is really pushing it.  Keep us informed if you have any issues.  You are getting COIN right now and I hope that you can continue to get COIN later! 

Yes very nice, that's more like the sort of Overclock that we should be seeing.  Smiley

Technically according to the BM1385 Data Sheet with 12.8V you should be able to run 775MHz giving 6278GH/s  Grin Although I would want the fans running flat out for that...

Rich
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
i understand where you're coming from, but then i guess i miss the point of having an electrician. If you're going to go to all the trouble to research everything anyways (my time is worth something to me), why not just do the work yourself as well. Unless you need it inspected. Even then you could do 90% and have a certified electrician do enough to get the inspector to sign off on it.

True, I have an old friend I used to work for who is a Master Electrican (certified).  All of it was commercial work.  I was only an apprentice then and took classes at night.  Did that for almost 3 years but quit shortly before taking a Journeyman's test to get a Journeyman's license.  All of this was in the late 1990's.  If you don't use it, you lose it.

I'm sure I could still do a large portion of the install myself but I would still need his guidance at times I'm sure.  I'm hoping the Contractor he and I worked for [He just retired about 4 months ago they said] will be able to contact him to give him my telephone number.  I'm going to call them again Monday to see if they had any luck.  They said they are not allowed to give personal phone numbers of employees or former employees.  So, I have to rely on them passing my number to him.  If that doesn't work out, I have to go with a contractor that's insured, bonded, licensed, etc...  I'm NOT paying anything up front.  

If I can find someone who is certified to guide me with what I should purchase and do's and don'ts when installing it, of course I would prefer that route.  However, it's still important to have a work permit issued for the job.  Also, the power company will not hook it up to the new upgrade if it has not been inspected [Has a green tag on it].  But yes, I would prefer to purchase all of the equipment myself and install most of it myself.  I just need to know [From a master electrician] everything I would need to purchase for the job.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
I have Bitcoin selected.
You have to order the PSU and the miner separately. This is a bug on the bitmain website that is there for some time already.

Here is some Overvolting - overclocking of my S7 Batch 1 with DPS-2000BB and J4bberwock breakout board.

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
i understand where you're coming from, but then i guess i miss the point of having an electrician. If you're going to go to all the trouble to research everything anyways (my time is worth something to me), why not just do the work yourself as well. Unless you need it inspected. Even then you could do 90% and have a certified electrician do enough to get the inspector to sign off on it.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Those are great numbers across the board.  I am curious, what happens with your hardware error rate if you overclock but don't overvolt?

Hw errors go up and you can't reach those kinds of speeds.
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

Those are great numbers across the board.  I am curious, what happens with your hardware error rate if you overclock but don't overvolt?
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
I have Bitcoin selected.

Thanks, when I try to order either item by itself I get:
Unknown error: null
Guess they don't want new orders lol.

Weird, it works for me. (I just tried and got a bitcoin adress to send to)
Try deleting your shopping cart then retry.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
I stayed up to read the NEC till 6:30am this morning.  I slept until 2:30pm.  It is 3:30pm now.   Grin

I do not see it written like what prelude provided regarding the "feeder to the breaker.'  However, I do see many references of "...marked 100%."  So, I must conclude 80% is the rule for all Main breakers and other breakers installed in the Main Panel or Sub Panels unless otherwise stated on the breaker that is listed.

Now, I'm going to have to determine [After talking to electrician] if it will be cheaper to have a 700 amp service provided by the power company and installed by the electrician to get what I want [OR] get a 600 amp service with special breakers "marked 100%" in special panels.  I'm not sure which will be cheaper but I will find out and pass that information along in the forum.

Thanks for getting me to investigate this more, Prelude.

Now, back to more reading of the NEC 2015.

David

wouldn't it be easier to tell your electrician your expected load and let him size it. save you the trouble of all the research. it is after all what they do for a living.

I don't have an electrician I'm "buddies" with.  How am I to know if they aren't wanting to choose the route that makes them more money instead of going the route that saves me money?  I'm sure many electricians who over charge customers who are "ignorant" probably say, "Ignorance is bliss."

Sure, I'm going to tell them the load I need but also let them know I want to see prices on the hardware for both scenarios I mentioned to see which is the cheapest route.

Cool, keep us updated. Maybe start a thread about it? I'm sure a lot of us would like to see your project evolve. I'm the same way, I don't rely on others unless I know I can trust them. I'd investigate everything before contacting the electrician also.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
I stayed up to read the NEC till 6:30am this morning.  I slept until 2:30pm.  It is 3:30pm now.   Grin

I do not see it written like what prelude provided regarding the "feeder to the breaker.'  However, I do see many references of "...marked 100%."  So, I must conclude 80% is the rule for all Main breakers and other breakers installed in the Main Panel or Sub Panels unless otherwise stated on the breaker that is listed.

Now, I'm going to have to determine [After talking to electrician] if it will be cheaper to have a 700 amp service provided by the power company and installed by the electrician to get what I want [OR] get a 600 amp service with special breakers "marked 100%" in special panels.  I'm not sure which will be cheaper but I will find out and pass that information along in the forum.

David

wouldn't it be easier to tell your electrician your expected load and let him size it. save you the trouble of all the research. it is after all what they do for a living.

Well usually you would go out and buy what your electrician needs to install, if possible.  Or else he goes out and buys it, but why pay someone to shop...and research wires, if you buy wires, most big hardware store sell "recycled" wires (the ones where they cut it for you), which your electrician is not allowed to install in your walls.  Also for the "clips" to hold wires together, get the plastic ones, hardware stores sell metal ones, but they arent good for normal wires.  Basically dont ever take advice from a big box hardware store worker, they dont know shit.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
I have Bitcoin selected.

Thanks, when I try to order either item by itself I get:
Unknown error: null
Guess they don't want new orders lol.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

David

I don't have an electrician I'm "buddies" with.  How am I to know if they aren't wanting to choose the route that makes them more money instead of going the route that saves me money?  I'm sure many electricians who over charge customers who are "ignorant" probably say, "Ignorance is bliss."

Sure, I'm going to tell them the load I need but also let them know I want to see prices on the hardware for both scenarios I mentioned to see which is the cheapest route.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

David

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

David

EDIT:  I went backward and deleted about 3 posts to save space in the forum.
Activity: 575
Thank you!

Also you should come mine at kano.is  i'v been on antpool for ~6 months but moved  on to kano, and with recent luck  been getting %120~ of PPS it does have a ramp up time for a couple of days where you see decreased payouts but after that its great. He also pays out TX fees

Should really consider it!
I just did it  Smiley
I was considering it for a few days and after checking orphans there are better and also antpool doesn't pay mining fee so i will try it for a few days

You need to mine there for at least 5 days to reach 5nd to get full payouts. Before that payouts will be less, but eventually be paid. I am still waiting to reach 5nd of 23TH, I am at 19TH now. I am planning to point more miners at Kano after Bitmain delivers.

You never loose anything, just takes 4-5 days to reach full 5N, but if you ever decide to leave and I'm pretty sure you will not, you will get paid for 4-5 days after you stop mining also, till all your shares are out of 5N range.
Jump to: