Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 157. (Read 527808 times)

Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Thank you!

Also you should come mine at kano.is  i'v been on antpool for ~6 months but moved  on to kano, and with recent luck  been getting %120~ of PPS it does have a ramp up time for a couple of days where you see decreased payouts but after that its great. He also pays out TX fees

Should really consider it!
I just did it  Smiley
I was considering it for a few days and after checking orphans there are better and also antpool doesn't pay mining fee so i will try it for a few days

You need to mine there for at least 5 days to reach 5nd to get full payouts. Before that payouts will be less, but eventually be paid. I am still waiting to reach 5nd of 23TH, I am at 19TH now. I am planning to point more miners at Kano after Bitmain delivers.
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
Thank you!

Also you should come mine at kano.is  i'v been on antpool for ~6 months but moved  on to kano, and with recent luck  been getting %120~ of PPS it does have a ramp up time for a couple of days where you see decreased payouts but after that its great. He also pays out TX fees

I just did it  Smiley
I was considering it for a few days and after checking orphans there are better and also antpool doesn't pay mining fee so i will try it for a few days
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
Thank you!

Great pool, i agreed

Been 100% on Kano's pool since early June and have done much better then any other pool. Over 105% on avg and support a pool that is true to BTC unlike the Chinese scum pools. Look at the stats, no one compares, he has the best code on the network and fantastic support.
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
Thank you!

Also you should come mine at kano.is  i'v been on antpool for ~6 months but moved  on to kano, and with recent luck  been getting %120~ of PPS it does have a ramp up time for a couple of days where you see decreased payouts but after that its great. He also pays out TX fees

Great pool, i agreed
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Thank you!

Also you should come mine at kano.is  i'v been on antpool for ~6 months but moved  on to kano, and with recent luck  been getting %120~ of PPS it does have a ramp up time for a couple of days where you see decreased payouts but after that its great. He also pays out TX fees

I'm trying to order an S7 and the PSU but I get this error:
"Can not buy different currency once"
I have Bitcoin selected.
Anyone know a fix for this?
You have to order the PSU and the miner separately. This is a bug on the bitmain website that is there for some time already.

Here is some Overvolting - overclocking of my S7 Batch 1 with DPS-2000BB and J4bberwock breakout board.
Getting ~ 5660Gh/s, Voltage is 12.75 V
Power consumption at the wall is 1590Watt => 0.28J/Gh efficiency
I know it runs hot, but I need the silence.

how do you have 5 pools slots ?

To have more than 3 pools, you can't use the web interface.
You need to edit /config/cgminer.conf by ssh and restart cgminer
Example :
Code:
Then
Code:
vi /config/cgminer.conf
to edit cgminer.conf

And
Code:
/etc/init.d/cgminer.sh stop ; /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh start

Activity: 72
I have Bitcoin selected.
You have to order the PSU and the miner separately. This is a bug on the bitmain website that is there for some time already.

Here is some Overvolting - overclocking of my S7 Batch 1 with DPS-2000BB and J4bberwock breakout board.
Getting ~ 5660Gh/s, Voltage is 12.75 V

how do you have 5 pools slots ?
Activity: 117
So is nobody going to post a pic of the insides of a 135 chip S7 (re: buck converter)?
Activity: 117
You might be surprised, breakers get real expensive real fast. I was holding an 4000$ 800A industrial breaker a few days ago. Don't forget that the 100% rated breaker isn't the only requirement, you need a (much?) bigger panel than normally to allow better air cooling, and I believe 90c rated wire but using 75c rated ampacity on it for heatsinking purposes.

The fun ones are 1000A+, then you're required to have built-in GFI.

Another fun fact--the utility has no such requirements re: NEC and commonly runs like 1.5-2x NEC ampacity.
I have Bitcoin selected.

Getting ~ 5660Gh/s, Voltage is 12.75 V under full load.

Activity: 979
Merit: 510
I have Bitcoin selected.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
At my tier 4 datacenter they give me 30 amps at 208v per circuit.
I am only allowed to use 21.6 amps, that is their safety margin.
They have halon and 24 hour eyes on.
At my house I have 30 amp circuits at 240v.
At 80% my breakers "feel" pretty hot. More than I am comfortable with really.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
You're talking about an MSP. An MSP = main service panel. PANEL. MSB = main service breaker. All breakers are to be derated to 80% if used 100% for more than 3 hours, unless specifically rated for 100% use 24/7. Why do you need to know what page it is? Why are you so reluctant to admit that everyone is right and you're wrong about the MSB? (seems this isn't the first time you've argued about this judging from your earlier comment)

Instead of asking me for more proof and telling me you don't want opinions, prove to me that a MSB doesn't have to be derated. Your opinion doesn't count. I want cold hard facts as proof. Until then, please don't endanger people with advice that you're not 100% sure about, and please consider your own safety in regards to running your own MSB at 100%.

I agree with Prelude on this. 80% continuous load is the universal rule of thumb. just because a breaker *can* handle continuous 100% load, or rated to handle as much as >120% surges before tripping, does not mean you should operate at max.

sure, the rules generally consider applications with longer, poorly ventilated wire runs (such as the walls of an older home), but if you care about safety you can just spend another $100-200 to put in an extra breaker and wire run. Its a lot better than risking >$50,000 in fire damage if something fails.

found this:
"If you have a branch circuit supplying nothing but �continuous loads,� then the minimum conductor size must have an ampacity of 125% of the load � 210.19(A)(1) � and the overcurrent protection must be 125% of the load � 210.20(A). Therefore, the breaker must be loaded to no more than 80% of its rating."

The things are rigged/designed to trip at their designated limit.

You can design a build than can handle and goes at or higher than "100%",  then sure, but you're still going to trip the thing 4 times a day. If it doesnt trip, its because something is wrong and you might start smelling something called your whole place bursting into flames.

80% is a good safety standard for most electric stuff, both for handling spikes and for continuous loads.

Beside certain PSU, like the EVGA G2 which can handle 1200Watts but are labeled EVGA G2 1000w, 100% load is usually bad.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
You're talking about an MSP. An MSP = main service panel. PANEL. MSB = main service breaker. All breakers are to be derated to 80% if used 100% for more than 3 hours, unless specifically rated for 100% use 24/7. Why do you need to know what page it is? Why are you so reluctant to admit that everyone is right and you're wrong about the MSB? (seems this isn't the first time you've argued about this judging from your earlier comment)

Instead of asking me for more proof and telling me you don't want opinions, prove to me that a MSB doesn't have to be derated. Your opinion doesn't count. I want cold hard facts as proof. Until then, please don't endanger people with advice that you're not 100% sure about, and please consider your own safety in regards to running your own MSB at 100%.

I agree with Prelude on this. 80% continuous load is the universal rule of thumb. just because a breaker *can* handle continuous 100% load, or rated to handle as much as >120% surges before tripping, does not mean you should operate at max.

sure, the rules generally consider applications with longer, poorly ventilated wire runs (such as the walls of an older home), but if you care about safety you can just spend another $100-200 to put in an extra breaker and wire run. Its a lot better than risking >$50,000 in fire damage if something fails.

found this:
"If you have a branch circuit supplying nothing but �continuous loads,� then the minimum conductor size must have an ampacity of 125% of the load � 210.19(A)(1) � and the overcurrent protection must be 125% of the load � 210.20(A). Therefore, the breaker must be loaded to no more than 80% of its rating."
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Running December 11 firmware 12 hours now on Kano, everything a ok.
Do we have an s7 power up light sequencing list?
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
back to s7 topic . . .

1 of my batch 5 has been mining well since received but today 1 of it had 3 chips missing ! & also some "x" but after a reboot the "x" went away.

wrote to bmt & see how it goes. never oc'ed stock at 600 with 0ct 23 fw.

anyone have experienced this ?

power on/off, soft reboot, swap psu, cables all done but same results. psu is ok, cables ok, all no issues & lots of spare power too (2000w).

swapped psu & cables other s7 works fine so it;s not psu or cable issue.

legendary
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
I'm seeing right now [If this exist in the NEC] it was from an older edition.  It's not in 5.2.3 of Article 220 of the 2014 NEC.  Still reading.  It could be in another location.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
You might be surprised, breakers get real expensive real fast. I was holding an 4000$ 800A industrial breaker a few days ago. Don't forget that the 100% rated breaker isn't the only requirement, you need a (much?) bigger panel than normally to allow better air cooling, and I believe 90c rated wire but using 75c rated ampacity on it for heatsinking purposes.

One would think if you have an MSB rated for 100% usage, you're okay using 15A, 20A, 30A, 40A, 50A, etc... breakers not listed at 100% by using them at 80% of their rating.  I would believe the wire connected to the smaller circuit breakers [Installed on the poles in the service panel] that are not rated at 100% would be okay to use wire rated at 60c on up to 90c.  Especially, since the load on those circuits should not exceed 80%.  No?

I would think the important thing would be to have the MSB rated at 100% continuous from all of the other breakers in the panel at 80% load?

EDIT: I'm fine with paying extra for a larger Main Service Panel.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I meant no offense at all. I was poking fun with the Tongue. Sorry if I came across badly. I'd be happy to be proven wrong since I'd be able to add another 40A of gear in my garage. Unfortunately, I know I won't be because I've done extensive research and my master electrician father-in-law has confirmed the 80% rule to me in the past.

Thumbs Up...

I wish now I had not ordered kindle version.  It's taking longer.  Harder to navigate than a book in your hand.  I'm still reading.  If you are correct, [which you may very well be] this means I will spend the extra bucks on a MSB UL listed for 100% use.  That would be cheaper than having them install 750 amps to only use 80% of it.  No?
Jump to: