Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 160. (Read 527808 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Hello, today bitmaintech release a new firmwwre.

I test on a B3 and B5 solo and 0 errors for 2 hours mining.

But test in duo Mode (2x B3 and 2 B5 in one controller) and don't recognize more than 3 hashing boards.

Algo test some overclock and stable without HW error @ 650 mhz but maximun 5 thash Speed.

Thanks for the info.  I won't be upgrading.  What's the date on the firmware?

EDIT:  Never mind... I see it's December 11
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Hello, today bitmaintech release a new firmwwre.

I test on a B3 and B5 solo and 0 errors for 2 hours mining.

But test in duo Mode (2x B3 and 2 B5 in one controller) and don't recognize more than 3 hashing boards.

Algo test some overclock and stable without HW error @ 650 mhz but maximun 5 thash Speed.
Activity: 43
Great, I bought one yesterday, now I lost 0.874 which is great and I also have to pay higher VAT taxes (because I bought it when it was 1650, now it's 1300) when it arrives, great job Bitmain.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I got my batch 8 yesterday I didn't have any time for testing or disassembly.
I only hooked it online before leaving for trip, some observations: same kind of noise as batch 7 (which don't resonate so much anymore after some use), I didn't see any dc/dc converters inside atleast not S1 size, speed was 4.5-4.6Th/s with only 10min uptime, same room where I started batch 7 and temps were 47-50c inlet fan was 100rpm faster (less chips, coolers and restcriction for airflow?).

Obduction for miner tomorrow😊

Batch 7 is jumping a lot from pool to pool or reporting a lot higher or lower hashspeeds at pool side than at miner, any thoughts of this?
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Damnit. I ordered a B8 yesterday for 4BTC. I have the worst luck.. Just emailed bitmain asking them to charge me 3.1 I stead and keep the 0.9 in my account to be used on my next order.

Dmwardjr, did the engineer come by and approve the upgrade?

Sorry for the delay.  I've been doing a lot of math.

No, he is supposed to be here this coming week since he did not make it by this week.  When he sees what I have already, hears my plans and sees my invoice for what is on the way, I should have no problem getting a total of 600 amps...  Hopefully.  I'm looking at ultimately running approximately 116,700 watts (380 TH/s) of rigs, exhaust fans, etc... out of my house.  I will have 44,700 watts going when those 23 units arrive and I have the power upgraded.  I have to get quotes from different electrical contractors after I speak with the engineer.  I have 4 contractors on the ready just waiting for me to give them the go ahead to come out and have a look for a quote.  

I had one guy who came out and told me, "We charge a 'flat rate' of $5,000 for a 400 amp service."  I said to myself, "Well, this guy can take a hike."  He would want to charge more than this for 600.  Geez.  The guy never bothered to create an itemized list of costs in materials, etc.  I was still nice to him and he ended up allowing me to take a photo of the Senior Engineer's business card he had for my area.  It pays to be kind regardless.  That's how I got the ball rolling with the engineering department.

The power company has already said they would do the feeder cable and transformer at no charge providing I use the amount of power I say I'm going to use for at least 5 to 6 months [Which I am].  Otherwise, they would back charge me for the labor and materials used to upgrade my power.

It looks like I'm probably going to have all of this going before I play in several poker tournaments the end of January.  I've almost got my wife up to par on how to handle the rigs while I'm gone.  She's the greatest!!! Grin
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Damnit. I ordered a B8 yesterday for 4BTC. I have the worst luck.. Just emailed bitmain asking them to charge me 3.1 I stead and keep the 0.9 in my account to be used on my next order.

Sucks Sad

It's like when I bought 2 Batch 1 in BTC.

I hope they grant you the new price
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
BITMAIN ANTMINER S7 Batch 8 with 4.73th/s

4.73th/s is the final version of S7 which is more stable. Shipping out within 5 days after fully paid.

No more 162 chip versions confirmed.  Sad

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Dmwardjr, did the engineer come by and approve the upgrade?
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Batch 8 at fixed price
3.1 BTC with shipping from stock
Finally a good deal
Ordering 4 of these beauties

I noticed.  I was probably the first one to buy.  I've been refreshing the webpage every 2 to 5 minutes since they were down.  The moment it came on line, I bought 23 of them.  I wish my other BTC was available on CoinBase so I could have bought more.  Oh well...

EDIT:  9 x S7's will have to sit on the sidelines until I get my power upgraded within the next two weeks.  That's if they arrive before my power is upgraded.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
Batch 8 at fixed price
3.1 BTC with shipping from stock
Finally a good deal
Ordering 4 of these beauties
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

Just found a Hosting Company to take a few S7s and run them for me.  Has anyone heard of or conducted business with:  ASICSPACE in Wenatchee, WA 98801 USA?  http://www.asicspace.com/

Let me know if you know anything.  Thanks!

I'd go with one of the Canadian companies for the best rates. Anyway, here's a list of hosting companies:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hw-hosting-directory-reputation-622998

Thanks for all of the inputs that you have given me!  This forum has to be one of the best forums for information out there. Again, Thanks to all of you that help me in my Bitcoin journey.
Activity: 35
Bitmain is gone, forever
goodbye preorders

seems a bit early for that conclusion. My S7 B8 shipped today
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
Bitmain is gone, forever
goodbye preorders
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Somebody seeling a copy over in Eu ?
Would be rgeat to hear over an partner to buy one of thoose things Wink

regards
DavieT1337
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
bitmaintech.com down ?

It's down for me too.  Been down for several hours that I know of.

It could have been a DOS attack.  I know several pools and websites have had DOS attacks the last several days.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I just ordered 2 of batch 8 yesterday. I received an email this morning they received my payment. Anyone know whats going on with the website, I'm a little sketched out?

Also on a side note can someone tell me what the monthly power bill for one of these S7s is?

Go to this website and enter in your necessary data:  http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/electricity-calculator.htm

Activity: 7
I just ordered 2 of batch 8 yesterday. I received an email this morning they received my payment. Anyone know whats going on with the website, I'm a little sketched out?

Also on a side note can someone tell me what the monthly power bill for one of these S7s is?
Activity: 9
bitmaintech.com down ?

It's down for me too.  Been down for several hours that I know of.
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
Anyone using the bitmain 1600watt psu? I need to pick up some more power supplies for my s7's and considering some of these. What type of plug wire does it come with?
Not sure what you're asking. This page: https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201505040743496917U7kGsCm0694 pretty much explains it all, and has photos of all the PSU connectors. The AC input is IEC320-C13 (no cable is included; you have to provide your own); the 12V output is 12 PCI-E 6-pin cables.

Only 10x PCIE-E cables for new modell.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1060439.200
That's unfortunate, though 10 is all you need for an S7 (they actually work fine with only 7). My most recent order for these came about 3 weeks ago and those units still had 12 PCIe connectors.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
What do you guys think a fair price for a used S7 would be? Is 4 BTC reasonable for a 4.86 TH/s model? I see that newer S7's cost ~ 4 BTC from Bitmain, but they would only begin shipping around December 20th at the soonest, and they're a little slower (4.6 or 4.7 TH/s if I remember right.. I'd check but their site is down).

Thoughts?

For a model with that hashrate that's a good price (based on what you would have paid for it new from bitmain).  Provided of course it works well and doesn't have any weird issues.

EDIT: I should say though at current USD\BTC price (like $450\1BTC) it makes it a high $ price.
Only issue I've had with it was a dying PSU. Other than that it's been running great.

Thanks for all the input guys! I'd be selling it in BTC so I don't think the USD/BTC price would make a massive difference.
Jump to: