Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 161. (Read 527808 times)

legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
What do you guys think a fair price for a used S7 would be? Is 4 BTC reasonable for a 4.86 TH/s model? I see that newer S7's cost ~ 4 BTC from Bitmain, but they would only begin shipping around December 20th at the soonest, and they're a little slower (4.6 or 4.7 TH/s if I remember right.. I'd check but their site is down).

Thoughts?

For a model with that hashrate that's a good price (based on what you would have paid for it new from bitmain).  Provided of course it works well and doesn't have any weird issues.

EDIT: I should say though at current USD\BTC price (like $450\1BTC) it makes it a high $ price.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
yeah, taking all these into account + the crazy diff increase that we will experience, it's still too much
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I belive a 4 BTC is a reasonable price for a 4.86 Model, yes.

I think they are overpriced, especially if you take into account the poor support, broken promises of compensation, screwed cgminer fork, build quality, constant price swapping between USD/BTC & lack of any info/communication on this forum....
legendary
I belive a 4 BTC is a reasonable price for a 4.86 Model, yes.
Meaning you would pay less than 1 BTC per th/s which is good
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
What do you guys think a fair price for a used S7 would be? Is 4 BTC reasonable for a 4.86 TH/s model? I see that newer S7's cost ~ 4 BTC from Bitmain, but they would only begin shipping around December 20th at the soonest, and they're a little slower (4.6 or 4.7 TH/s if I remember right.. I'd check but their site is down).

Thoughts?
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
with the current diffiiculty increase they still want to increase S7 price ?
how greedy could they be ?

in the bitcoin world, greed knows no bounds. 
legendary
with the current diffiiculty increase they still want to increase S7 price ?
how greedy could they be ?
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
That's probably due to the BTC rate. I will not be surprised if it gets back online with a higher USD price for the S7.
legendary
bitmaintech.com down ?
Activity: 668
Merit: 257
Anyone using the bitmain 1600watt psu? I need to pick up some more power supplies for my s7's and considering some of these. What type of plug wire does it come with?

This might help:

http://www.cybtc.org/article-86-1.html

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sould-i-get-an-apw3-12-1600-psu-for-my-antminer-s7-1177795

it doesn't come with a power cable, but takes a standard PC or PSU power cord (3 prong).
If you live in the US you need 220/240v power so you either need to find an adapter plug for a high voltage receptacle that you might have for a washing machine for example, OR if you know an electrician you can have him run a dedicated 220v circuit for you and request a standard (or a "chinese") receptacle for it that will take the standard power cord. Just be careful to label this as a 220/240v socket since it will explode any standard device plugged into it in the U.S. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Where is our compensation for late delivery?

Come on Bitmain, make good on your promises.

I agree 100%
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
S7 Batch 8 report...

I expected it to probably max at 4.7TH but this one touches 5TH frequently

How is this possible?

Running stock firmware at 700mhz

I am using 55% Fan speed because of the whooo... whooo... whooo sound, but this will run it hotter, a bit on high side, almost up to +10%C more than older 600mhz@S7s

Does it have a DC/DC buck converter on it?

No.

How do you know it does not have a Buck Converter? Have you had the covers off and had a look at the Hash Boards?

Rich

I looked with a flashlight, behind the wire coil (on the other side of the board), there are a few small chips and thats pretty much it.  i couldnt see much though.  For people wanting wattage, sorry guys my multimeter is playing hide and seek and I cant find it.   I played with manual fan settings, and the higher the manual fan setting, the higher the hashrate.  for some reason.  doing exactly 4730ghs now at 50%, around 3600 rpm. 0.0082% hw

Well a few small chips is not what I was hoping for, although even that begs the question as to what are they for? So we will have to wait for a proper photo before we can decide why they have added the large inductor and capacitors, and also for a measure of the Core Voltage & at the wall efficiency?

I will leave my money on their being a Buck Converter as it still makes the most sense as it would have solved the core voltage being too high in a 15 node chain and the problems there have been with needing a 12V + PSU.

Rich
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
S7 Batch 8 report...

How is this possible?

I am using 55% Fan speed because of the whooo... whooo... whooo sound, but this will run it hotter, a bit on high side, almost up to +10%C more than older 600mhz@S7s

No.

How do you know it does not have a Buck Converter? Have you had the covers off and had a look at the Hash Boards?

Rich

I looked with a flashlight, behind the wire coil (on the other side of the board), there are a few small chips and thats pretty much it.  i couldnt see much though.  For people wanting wattage, sorry guys my multimeter is playing hide and seek and I cant find it.   I played with manual fan settings, and the higher the manual fan setting, the higher the hashrate.  for some reason.  doing exactly 4730ghs now at 50%, around 3600 rpm. 0.0082% hw
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
S7 Batch 8 report...

How is this possible?

No.

Rich

I did not opened the covers. I have asked my technical guy about your question and he said no.
Since its a brand new unit, I didn't want to void 90-day warranty by opening the covers.
I sent BITMAIN an email to ask though, just to be sure.
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
My batch 8 has shipped ETA delivery on Monday  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Anyone using the bitmain 1600watt psu? I need to pick up some more power supplies for my s7's and considering some of these. What type of plug wire does it come with?
It does not come with a plug wire. Customer provides her / his own 220V power cable.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Anyone with a batch 8 in your hands, can you test how many watts each blade is consuming?  I want to know if I can use my 2 850W PSU's to power it like I can my batch 3.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
S7 Batch 8 report...

How is this possible?

No.

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
S7 Batch 8 report...

How is this possible?

No.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Not sure what you're asking. This page: https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201505040743496917U7kGsCm0694 pretty much explains it all, and has photos of all the PSU connectors. The AC input is IEC320-C13 (no cable is included; you have to provide your own); the 12V output is 12 PCI-E 6-pin cables.

Only 10x PCIE-E cables for new modell.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1060439.200
Jump to: