Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 165. (Read 527808 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
BITMAIN shipped my S7 today arriving tomorrow DHL  Wink

I pointed my miners from Slush to kano.is and it rocks !

Was it a Batch 8? What was your order date?

Batch 8 /order date 30th Nov
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
yes, i have already found and posted in the kano thread.
i like the transparency of the admins and have been hashing there for the last 3 days.
I had to bring my miners down for few hours today for my electrician to install another 90amps.
will be online in kanoi.is in a couple of hours - new blocks pls wait for me :-)

Sounds great!  Hope it goes smoothly for you with the upgrade.

I'm actually waiting for the power company to call me this week to add another 400 amps to my house.  I've found out now they will foot the bill for installing a larger underground feeder cable and larger transformer [Providing I use the power I'm asking for].  If I don't use the power I'm asking for [But I will] they will back charge me for the materials and labor costs invested in the upgrade.  I hope to have the upgrade completed before Christmas time.  Keep your fingers crossed.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504

Was it a Batch 8? What was your order date?
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
dmwardjr I value your opinion.  I am currently with slush's and love the dashboard and the consistent payouts.  

Do you believe over time that the payouts are better?  
What does the CKPool look like?

Yes, I believe [Over time] payouts are better as long as luck [Over time] remains average.  Luck can be slightly below average and have similar payouts to other pools.  The advantage of a smaller pool [That's not too small] is when the pool hits a hot streak.  Extra blocks found are a BIG bonus.  Of course the extra blocks found may have been required to maintain average (100%) luck for lack of finding blocks in the future.  However, if blocks continue to be found in the future according to average, the extra blocks found were truly a BIG bonus.

CKolivas and Kano are two of the best developers in the business.  They are the developers of cgminer used in your S7's.  They KNOW what they are doing when it comes to mining for sure!  I honestly do not believe there is a better crew in the business than CKolivas and Kano.  They are always there to respond to questions in the pool forum; unlike other pools I've mined at.  It's rare to have developers frequent the pool forum to answer questions by those who've joined the pool.  The pool forum is a great knowledge base for those new to mining.  I'm still new.  The more I learn, the more I find I need to learn and how "new" I still am.

I just don't believe one could go wrong by choosing to support CK/Kano Pool.  It's a win/win/win in my honest opinion.  [It's a win for miners / a win for CK/Kano Pool / a win for bitcoin!]

David
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
BITMAIN shipped my S7 today arriving tomorrow DHL  Wink

Great!!!

The more the merrier!

Feel free to drop by the pool forum if you haven't already:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.5660

yes, i have already found and posted in the kano thread.
i like the transparency of the admins and have been hashing there for the last 3 days.
I had to bring my miners down for few hours today for my electrician to install another 90amps.
will be online in kanoi.is in a couple of hours - new blocks pls wait for me :-)
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Well said, gents!

S7's [And most any other rigs for that matter] will have more stable hash rates at Kano.is than any other pool.  I let the pool determine the diff for my rigs rather than manually setting the diff.  You have that choice as a miner; which is great.

We found two more blocks [When the present hash rate requires only 1 block per day to maintain average or very close to 100% daily].  Which see:

I'll take down the screenshot in a few:

dmwardjr I value your opinion.  I am currently with slush's and love the dashboard and the consistent payouts. 

Do you believe over time that the payouts are better? 
What does the CKPool Dashboard look like - OR - is this the dashboard?
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
BITMAIN shipped my S7 today arriving tomorrow DHL  Wink

Great!!!

The more the merrier!

Feel free to drop by the pool forum if you haven't already:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.5660
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Well said, gents!

S7's [And most any other rigs for that matter] will have more stable hash rates at Kano.is than any other pool.  I let the pool determine the diff for my rigs rather than manually setting the diff.  You have that choice as a miner; which is great.

We found two more blocks [When the present hash rate requires only 1 block per day to maintain average or very close to 100% daily].  Which see:

I'll take down the screenshot in a few:
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
back to the topic of s7.

did you guys noticed that s7 produces quite a bit of rejected shares ? especially if you are oc'ed ! it's quite alot mining even at antpool the creator of antminers. you DO NOT get paid for reject shares even if you are at a high hashrate ! so that means lower hashrate will earn you more btc compared to highers hashrate *ie oc'ing the s7 too much* & also saves you power & probably other costs or wear & tear of running the miner.

if you can, please try with stock clock & overclocked mining at the same pool same s7 miner for couple of hours & compare the results. i can be very wrong but i don't think that i am.

i moved my miners roughly 80ths +/- 5% to K's pool & the miner stats page is accurate not like ant going all over the place for the past week. yes the payout sucks initially for couple of days but it will ramp up. be PATIENT ! if you do the math & *IF* K pool does perform on the avg, yes you will be paid more than other pool atm. just a little like p2pool, u need time to ramp up the hashrates & payouts. so far the s7 stats on miner side & K pool is very close & lesser rejected shares compared mining at antpool.

miners should support smaller pools which are doing the right thing especially with good support & community. do NOT support larger pools which are NOT doing the right thing for the bitcoin community.

Amen Brother!. I've tried them all, and been at Kano since early June. Fantastic results and awesome support, Kano answers every inquiry on the form, does the right thing for BTC and has the best back-end mining code on the network. Just last week, people are finally starting to see that and we are at almost 5PH. Keep spreading the word and be at 20PH soon. Very happy here and payouts are the best once you hit 5N, which is getting shorter with higher hash rates.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Since we are on the topic of where to point the s7 to hash (still relevant...) - does anyone have an informed opinion on antpool PPS vs F2pool pps.  I'm sure Kano pool is better though, over the course of 6 months lets say.  what is it 0.9% fees vs 2.5 or 4 with pps.  On another note, Can the S7 do load sharing ?  And if so, has anyone tried it ?

I suspect it can but via ssh not the gui.

As for pps I use F2pool never tried antpool pps
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Since we are on the topic of where to point the s7 to hash (still relevant...) - does anyone have an informed opinion on antpool PPS vs F2pool pps.  I'm sure Kano pool is better though, over the course of 6 months lets say.  what is it 0.9% fees vs 2.5 or 4 with pps.  On another note, Can the S7 do load sharing ?  And if so, has anyone tried it ?
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
back to the topic of s7.

did you guys noticed that s7 produces quite a bit of rejected shares ? especially if you are oc'ed ! it's quite alot mining even at antpool the creator of antminers. you DO NOT get paid for reject shares even if you are at a high hashrate ! so that means lower hashrate will earn you more btc compared to highers hashrate *ie oc'ing the s7 too much* & also saves you power & probably other costs or wear & tear of running the miner.

if you can, please try with stock clock & overclocked mining at the same pool same s7 miner for couple of hours & compare the results. i can be very wrong but i don't think that i am.

i moved my miners roughly 80ths +/- 5% to K's pool & the miner stats page is accurate not like ant going all over the place for the past week. yes the payout sucks initially for couple of days but it will ramp up. be PATIENT ! if you do the math & *IF* K pool does perform on the avg, yes you will be paid more than other pool atm. just a little like p2pool, u need time to ramp up the hashrates & payouts. so far the s7 stats on miner side & K pool is very close & lesser rejected shares compared mining at antpool.

miners should support smaller pools which are doing the right thing especially with good support & community. do NOT support larger pools which are NOT doing the right thing for the bitcoin community.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

Later edit: I want to buy 3 S7 Batch 8 150 $ coupons, anyone has for sale ?

Thank you

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13144617

I have PMed the thread starter, it was SOLD

Anyone else has B8 coupons for sale ?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Thank you

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13144617
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
does Batch 8 have shipping included this time ?
When I click shipping with DHL it shows me 0 BTC for shipping.
Is it possible ?

Nevermind, shipping price got updated Tongue
(it was a nice dream tho)

Thank you
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
So, first 5 days or so payouts will be significantly less than other PPLNS pool. I received a payout of .00333 today from Kano. How about after 5 days, will payouts be about the same as other PPLNS pool such as Antpool or better? If it is the same, I don't see any benefit in mining at Kano, other than supporting lesser hash rate pools. Since I have to pay hosting fees no matter what, I am just trying to maximize gain for 3-4 months.

You can expect a little bit more per day than other pools as long as kano.is continues to find an average of 1 block each day at present hash rate.  According to wisdom, the present hash rate of kano.is (4,717 TH/s) should mine 28.08 BTC per day.  That's a little over 1 block each day.  If kano.is can maintain that one block per day average, you should see nicer payouts than what you would normally receive on other PPLNS pools.  If kano.is maintains 1 block average per day and adds another block on top of that one block or even two blocks over that one block average during one particular day, you will absolutely LOVE the payout for that one day.

As the hash rate increases on kano.is, the number of hours it takes to reach 500N should get less and the number of blocks should increase of course.  The advantage during times of good luck on a small pool like kano.is is at present is the day 2 or more blocks are found after maintaining the average blocks found for overall pool hash rate.

The dates you see a significant number of days between blocks are days in which the pool had well under 2,500 GH/s most of the time.  At that hash rate, it would be normal for the pool to find one block every 1.5 days.  The payout would still be a little better than other pools each day on average as long as the pool found at least one block every 1.5 days at that 2,500 GH/s hash rate.  The days in which kano.is finds more than the average estimated blocks [While maintaining average blocks found] are the days you find it worth staying there.

EDIT:  Yes, you will continue to receive payouts after you left kano.is IF you decided to leave. If kano.is was to maintain 4,700 GH/s at present while you were gone, you would continue to receive diminishing payouts over the next 5 days as blocks are found.

What's important to understand is that your 5 days of building up shares isn't lost. When you stop mining there, you'll continue receiving full payments on each block for the next 5 days, even though your miners aren't mining at kano.is anymore.

Give it time, you'll love it. You'll make more than at antpool.

Got it, that's what I wanted to confirm. I will stick with Kano, probably point 2 more S7s too.

Thanks.

I think a reason for it growing is some like to support ckpool which is not a bad thing at all.  The pool forum has been kinda interesting to say the least.

You can read kano on SPV Mining: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/spv-mining-and-how-to-slow-it-down-if-you-care-to-1274066   Normally the pool forum is not nearly this interesting.  To see him care about bitcoin I think is gaining him support as far as more pointing machines there.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Atta-boy! Welcome to an honest and transparent pool. I know you'll enjoy your stay. Cool
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
So, first 5 days or so payouts will be significantly less than other PPLNS pool. I received a payout of .00333 today from Kano. How about after 5 days, will payouts be about the same as other PPLNS pool such as Antpool or better? If it is the same, I don't see any benefit in mining at Kano, other than supporting lesser hash rate pools. Since I have to pay hosting fees no matter what, I am just trying to maximize gain for 3-4 months.

You can expect a little bit more per day than other pools as long as kano.is continues to find an average of 1 block each day at present hash rate.  According to wisdom, the present hash rate of kano.is (4,717 TH/s) should mine 28.08 BTC per day.  That's a little over 1 block each day.  If kano.is can maintain that one block per day average, you should see nicer payouts than what you would normally receive on other PPLNS pools.  If kano.is maintains 1 block average per day and adds another block on top of that one block or even two blocks over that one block average during one particular day, you will absolutely LOVE the payout for that one day.

As the hash rate increases on kano.is, the number of hours it takes to reach 500N should get less and the number of blocks should increase of course.  The advantage during times of good luck on a small pool like kano.is is at present is the day 2 or more blocks are found after maintaining the average blocks found for overall pool hash rate.

The dates you see a significant number of days between blocks are days in which the pool had well under 2,500 GH/s most of the time.  At that hash rate, it would be normal for the pool to find one block every 1.5 days.  The payout would still be a little better than other pools each day on average as long as the pool found at least one block every 1.5 days at that 2,500 GH/s hash rate.  The days in which kano.is finds more than the average estimated blocks [While maintaining average blocks found] are the days you find it worth staying there.

EDIT:  Yes, you will continue to receive payouts after you left kano.is IF you decided to leave. If kano.is was to maintain 4,700 GH/s at present while you were gone, you would continue to receive diminishing payouts over the next 5 days as blocks are found.

What's important to understand is that your 5 days of building up shares isn't lost. When you stop mining there, you'll continue receiving full payments on each block for the next 5 days, even though your miners aren't mining at kano.is anymore.

Got it, that's what I wanted to confirm. I will stick with Kano, probably point 2 more S7s too.

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1596
First there is a pool section. => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=41.0

Second, current luck doesn't represent the future

Third, thanks but no thanks

I understand there is a "pool section."

I'll take it down in a few.

As for luck...  They had only 1.1 PH/s a few days ago.  Now they are over 4.6 PH/s.  They've recently had a couple of decent size farms add some hash in the last couple of days to make it where the variance is more manageable.  Hence, the rise in luck with better variance.

Trust me on that : current luck doesn't represent the future whatever variable/formula you want to put into your reflection

I'm aware of that.  I'm mainly referring to "variance."  The variance is more manageable with a higher hash rate on a pool operated by top notch staff when "luck" is low.

Totally opposite on Slush Pool.  They have a hell of a lot of hash but staff that doesn't know what they are doing.  Look at the orphans they have...

I would be willing to bet if you saw all of the hash rate you see at Slush on CK/Kano Pool, you would not see all of those orphans.

Pointed my 4 S7s and Avalon 6 to Kano right after your post, hopefully, you are right. 21 hrs no block yet, missed 2 payments ~$65 each from antpool already. I will continue to run at Kano a few more days to see if I get comparable payment.

You have to mine at kano for a little over 5 days to start getting full payouts.  Look at your shifts page.  When your shifts get to the red line then you are getting the full payout.  So your first payouts will be less than later ones assuming there are blocks found in the next 5 days (which there definitely should be).

Also, S7's under 4 BTC now on bitmain's website.

Jump to: