Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 166. (Read 527808 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
So, first 5 days or so payouts will be significantly less than other PPLNS pool. I received a payout of .00333 today from Kano. How about after 5 days, will payouts be about the same as other PPLNS pool such as Antpool or better? If it is the same, I don't see any benefit in mining at Kano, other than supporting lesser hash rate pools. Since I have to pay hosting fees no matter what, I am just trying to maximize gain for 3-4 months.

You can expect a little bit more per day than other pools as long as kano.is continues to find an average of 1 block each day at present hash rate.  According to wisdom, the present hash rate of kano.is (4,717 TH/s) should mine 28.08 BTC per day.  That's a little over 1 block each day.  If kano.is can maintain that one block per day average, you should see nicer payouts than what you would normally receive on other PPLNS pools.  If kano.is maintains 1 block average per day and adds another block on top of that one block or even two blocks over that one block average during one particular day, you will absolutely LOVE the payout for that one day.

As the hash rate increases on kano.is, the number of hours it takes to reach 500N should get less and the number of blocks should increase of course.  The advantage during times of good luck on a small pool like kano.is is at present is the day 2 or more blocks are found after maintaining the average blocks found for overall pool hash rate.

The dates you see a significant number of days between blocks are days in which the pool had well under 2,500 GH/s most of the time.  At that hash rate, it would be normal for the pool to find one block every 1.5 days.  The payout would still be a little better than other pools each day on average as long as the pool found at least one block every 1.5 days at that 2,500 GH/s hash rate.  The days in which kano.is finds more than the average estimated blocks [While maintaining average blocks found] are the days you find it worth staying there.

EDIT:  Yes, you will continue to receive payouts after you left kano.is IF you decided to leave. If kano.is was to maintain 4,700 GH/s at present while you were gone, you would continue to receive diminishing payouts over the next 5 days as blocks are found.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
First there is a pool section. => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=41.0

Second, current luck doesn't represent the future

Third, thanks but no thanks

I understand there is a "pool section."

I'll take it down in a few.

As for luck...  They had only 1.1 PH/s a few days ago.  Now they are over 4.6 PH/s.  They've recently had a couple of decent size farms add some hash in the last couple of days to make it where the variance is more manageable.  Hence, the rise in luck with better variance.

Trust me on that : current luck doesn't represent the future whatever variable/formula you want to put into your reflection

I'm aware of that.  I'm mainly referring to "variance."  The variance is more manageable with a higher hash rate on a pool operated by top notch staff when "luck" is low.

Totally opposite on Slush Pool.  They have a hell of a lot of hash but staff that doesn't know what they are doing.  Look at the orphans they have...

I would be willing to bet if you saw all of the hash rate you see at Slush on CK/Kano Pool, you would not see all of those orphans.

Pointed my 4 S7s and Avalon 6 to Kano right after your post, hopefully, you are right. 21 hrs no block yet, missed 2 payments ~$65 each from antpool already. I will continue to run at Kano a few more days to see if I get comparable payment.

You have to mine at kano for a little over 5 days to start getting full payouts.  Look at your shifts page.  When your shifts get to the red line then you are getting the full payout.  So your first payouts will be less than later ones assuming there are blocks found in the next 5 days (which there definitely should be).

Also, S7's under 4 BTC now on bitmain's website.

So, first 5 days or so payouts will be significantly less than other PPLNS pool. I received a payout of .00333 today from Kano. How about after 5 days, will payouts be about the same as other PPLNS pool such as Antpool or better? If it is the same, I don't see any benefit in mining at Kano, other than supporting lesser hash rate pools. Since I have to pay hosting fees no matter what, I am just trying to maximize gain for 3-4 months.

As for luck...  They had only 1.1 PH/s a few days ago.  Now they are over 4.6 PH/s.  They've recently had a couple of decent size farms add some hash in the last couple of days to make it where the variance is more manageable.  Hence, the rise in luck with better variance.

Trust me on that : current luck doesn't represent the future whatever variable/formula you want to put into your reflection

I'm aware of that.  I'm mainly referring to "variance."  The variance is more manageable with a higher hash rate on a pool operated by top notch staff when "luck" is low.

Totally opposite on Slush Pool.  They have a hell of a lot of hash but staff that doesn't know what they are doing.  Look at the orphans they have...

I would be willing to bet if you saw all of the hash rate you see at Slush on CK/Kano Pool, you would not see all of those orphans.

Pointed my 4 S7s and Avalon 6 to Kano right after your post, hopefully, you are right. 21 hrs no block yet, missed 2 payments ~$65 each from antpool already. I will continue to run at Kano a few more days to see if I get comparable payment.

You have to mine at kano for a little over 5 days to start getting full payouts.  Look at your shifts page.  When your shifts get to the red line then you are getting the full payout.  So your first payouts will be less than later ones assuming there are blocks found in the next 5 days (which there definitely should be).

So, first 5 days or so payouts will be significantly less than other PPLNS pool. I received a payout of .00333 today from Kano. How about after 5 days, will payouts be about the same as other PPLNS pool such as Antpool or better? If it is the same, I don't see any benefit in mining at Kano, other than supporting lesser hash rate pools.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
So what you are saying is if my file system version on an B3 is 9/15/2015, i should not upgrade to the 10/23 version on their website.  Its working just fine with very minimal hardware errors

exactly  if it ain't broke don't fix it.

use manual fan settings of 50%

to achieve fan speeds of 3600 rpm to 3600 rpm

this will prevent unit over heating  if you drop internet.

Of course if  you want you can go to 60% or 70%

once you set  fans  at 70%      you are basically the same as 100%.  

most of us have found that manual and auto tops out at 4400 rpm.   And the high settings of 70 to 100  are all just about the same.

Here is my batch 2 ------------- I leave it alone as I don't except to do better then this: 

60% fan setting

50% fan setting

legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Yeah, very weird. I wonder what Bitmain has to say about that.

I'm sure because although I received both miners at the same time, I had only the left one turned on until I get my 2nd PSU for the right one, and it has been always running with these RPM.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
So I started to notice a big difference of temperature between my two S7 batch 6 units. One is running at 58 C and the other 66 C. 8 degrees lower than the other, with the same PSU, in the same room in the same conditions!? So I looked at the front fans and also notice they are different!

The fan on the right miner runs faster and obviously cools down better the miner overall. I've set both to 24% fan speed.

Right miner: @ avg 58 C
Speed (r/min)    2,400    0    2,400

Left miner: @ avg 66 C
Speed (r/min)    2,520    0    1,920

I've seen the post from Prelude and looks like his fans are the slower one. Anyone else got a miner with the better fans? I thinking about changing the slower fan for the same model as the fast one in the other unit.

Hmm, that's really weird. Looks like the old fan they used on the S1 and S3. Are you sure the one on the right isn't the 1920RPM one? The 3 running 24-2500RPM are like the one pictured on the left, no? The fan on the left is the standard bitmain fan since S4.
Activity: 69
So I started to notice a big difference of temperature between my two S7 batch 6 units. One is running at 58 C and the other 66 C. 8 degrees lower than the other, with the same PSU, in the same room in the same conditions!? So I looked at the front fans and also notice they are different!

The fan on the right miner runs faster and obviously cools down better the miner overall. I've set both to 24% fan speed.

Right miner: @ avg 58 C
Speed (r/min)    2,400    0    2,400

Left miner: @ avg 66 C
Speed (r/min)    2,520    0    1,920

I've seen the post from Prelude and looks like his fans are the slower one. Anyone else got a miner with the better fans? I thinking about changing the slower fan for the same model as the fast one in the other unit.
legendary
Activity: 1456
So what you are saying is if my file system version on an B3 is 9/15/2015, i should not upgrade to the 10/23 version on their website.  Its working just fine with very minimal hardware errors

If it's working fine with little errors my feelings is why update?  I have to be given a good reason or good feature to make me update.  I just don't like flashing a special controller when I don't have to.  A reason would be like S3's that reset button did nothing... that is great reason to update.  But not all updates are like that.

So for the most part with bitmain gear I did not flash updates to often.  The exceptions were S4 and C1's with sd cards I flashed them quite a bit.  But others if it's working I don't see big reason to flash.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
So what you are saying is if my file system version on an B3 is 9/15/2015, i should not upgrade to the 10/23 version on their website.  Its working just fine with very minimal hardware errors
Activity: 72
c'mon, enuff of ebay stories. anything new abt the s7 to share ?

Agreed short story is don't sell on ebay hahahah unless your willing to be scammed
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
c'mon, enuff of ebay stories. anything new abt the s7 to share ?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Why is Ebay and Amazon sellers selling these S7 for $2300-3300 when BitMain is selling it for $1650 plus cheap shipping cost?  Is it due to trust issues with wiring that people are willing to pay 50-100% more?

people charge more on ebay because they price in certain % of scammy buyers.
I don't know why honest buyers agree to pay significant (above 13%) premium, though.
I would never try to sell one on ebay until it costs $400-500, and even then maybe only with PSU that I know will work.

Only reason I can think of on honest buyers is paypal.  They feel protected on purchase (which they are very much) and they can buy it on ebay vs buying with bitcoin.  Someone who is new  might be a little afraid of sending payment for decent sized miner knowing btc has no back or reverse if it goes wrong.  (With it being bitmain they do fix if issues though, but new person might not know that).

I know my first big asic was a A1 I used paypal on it through forum.  I paid more as I felt safe.   So I can understand it when being new.  But sadly scammers do kinda ruin it on big items. 
As long as the hashboards are build to a decent spec id say its worth pushing them to their limits for the life span of the unit if it breaks merge spare parts from others. especially considering you have a 90 day warrenty
Decided to "make a thing" to power my S7s Grin. Hope some of you will appreciate this!

http://s21.postimg.org/i14qn4io7/20151205_204003_Copy.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/t1zvs5ax3/20151206_034606_Copy.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/pslglomtj/20151206_043944_Copy2.jpg

2X 2000w server PSUs sharing the load of the 3 S7s. Will shortly be replacing the PSUs with the 2500w versions since I'm actually pulling 4400w DC from them right now, which is 200w over their rating on each.

I've adjusted the voltage output to 12.6v on the PSUs.

Sweet any plans to sell your creation? hows the over volting working for you do you notice any substantial hashing gains?

Don't think so, it was incredibly labour intensive. Don't think it would be worth my time.

Over volting allowed me to set much higher frequencies:

I don't recommend overclocking this much, though. Can probably end up killing them.

PS mindtrip, could you please remove the [ img ] [/ img ] tags from your post so my pictures aren't repeated? They take up a lot of room in my post as it is, no need to have them copied below. Smiley

What batch s7 in this>?
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Why is Ebay and Amazon sellers selling these S7 for $2300-3300 when BitMain is selling it for $1650 plus cheap shipping cost?  Is it due to trust issues with wiring that people are willing to pay 50-100% more?

people charge more on ebay because they price in certain % of scammy buyers.
I don't know why honest buyers agree to pay significant (above 13%) premium, though.
I would never try to sell one on ebay until it costs $400-500, and even then maybe only with PSU that I know will work.
Activity: 429
Merit: 250

Look at the S7s that sold on ebay (under history). Who wouldn't want to sell their S7 for $3200 and have the ability to buy 2xS7s or just sell one and pocket the rest? If people are willing to buy why not?
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Just confirmed my front fan did not spin up.f2pool had a ddos and froze one of my s7's.
When I cycled the power on the pair the other one's fan did not spin up so it would not start
and started beeping.
Cycled the power again and it spun up and started hashing. Will replace that fan.
Also, after installing another s7 one of the little ground pigtails on the power cable was stuck in the rear fan.
At power up the fan did not spin up because it was blocked so it started beeping as well.
Removed blockage , cycled power and it started to hash.

Running October 23 firmware on all miners.
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
because people on ebay always over charge also the B8 miners wont ship for a few weeks so they think they can charge more for delivering promptly and buying from a trusted person in the US but anyone who know and or has bitcoin buys directly from the manufacturers. Or maybe they think they can take advantage of the people who don't have BTC and want it now. But historically ebay is always about 20% more then a deal you can work here on the forum
Jump to: