Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 182. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
My first 3 x S7s are very hashing well - except for one unit with a "woooo...wooo..." sound coming from the intake fan.

Did you try easing the screw(s) just a little-this seemed to help many. I would look at it and see first if they are so overtightened that fan plastic is a bit distorted (I have seen it), then would start with just one screw at first (quarter of a turn or even less), then do the direct opposite, then proceed with other 1-2 if needed. I had to ease just one fan screw on B1 for it to stop making a similar sound.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
I got an email from BITMAIN that my order is paid and preparing for shipment.

Its Batch 8 :-( but I paid 1557.55 for it (excluding DHL 44$)

This batch is the worst in terms of efficiency... 700mhz with 135 chips

My first 3 x S7s are very hashing well - except for one unit with a "woooo...wooo..." sound coming from the intake fan.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be

Coupons were offered to customers who bought S7 Batch 8 and the order has been paid till Nov. 30, 19:00 of Beijing time.
Please kindly check your account if you've already had Batch 8 order  Wink

checking...coupon is there !  150usd coupon.  Well thanks Bitmain.  But i'm a bit confused.  I paid 4.73btc - which was around 1500usd at the time, or 1550usd I forget - now the price is 4.45btc, but around 1650usd.  Now I know we can argue btc = btc, but if I were to buy an additionnal s7, it would be with fiat so the cost for me would be 1650usd.  minus coupon, 1500.  and these are shipped at the same time ?  Maybe i'll wait...if btc price goes back down 50$ then the coupon would be a good deal  └(°ᴥ°)┘

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Coupons were offered to customers who bought S7 Batch 8 and the order has been paid till Nov. 30, 19:00 of Beijing time.
Please kindly check your account if you've already had Batch 8 order  Wink

So I purchased  Batch 1  and one machine consistently runs under spec where is my coupon?
Activity: 13
Merit: 0

Batch 1 compensation?
Havnt heard anything yet
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

Batch 1 compensation?
legendary
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Batch 8 is for sale again.  Looks like a lower price.

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 8
Speed:    4.73TH/S
Weight:    4.5 kg
Price:       1650 USD
               ( 4.368 BTC )
legendary
Mine for a Bit

I am sure to those that bought Batch 8 the coupon is appreciated, but there was to be some compensation for late orders on Batch1 along with the low hash rates of some of the Batch 1.  Is this coming soon?
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
Batch 7 is gone & sold out so forget about it.

batch 8 the least efficient just sold out too.

now wait for next batch.

pay upfront & wait for delivery.
legendary
Mine for a Bit
Batch 8 is greyed out - NOT FOR SALE.
legendary
Mine for a Bit
Batch 8

Price:       4.73 BTC  ( 1792.2 USD )

Batch  7 Speed:    5.06TH/S
Price:       5.06 BTC
               ( 1917.23 USD )

So am I right in thinking all doing to get better results is tweak the clock speeds however how did they produce 5TH in Batch 7? and now looking at batch 8 is faster memery speed used but less hash output that dont make sense.

Would like to buy but still at the prices maybe S8 will be less in cost or will have a better ratio at power used.

Thanks for posting.  Do we happen to have the price info as far as BTC price of miner?  I would love to see like average BTC price or the BTC price when batch ended.

I just think some are getting a much better deal with swings on BTC.  I know that one time where we saw 500ish... they came out like bandits.  Kinda a weird miner with price varying so much, and no other miner is like S7 on speed swings... crazy amount of speed swings.

I think we were getting close to a price change, but instead we got a bump in BTC value.  Which I won't complain about.  I am happy to see Bitmain did not raise prices to.

Just think about it:

Batch 1 uses 1210 W to get 4.86 TH/s = Actual Efficiency: 0.2490 J/GH
Batch 2 uses 1160 W to get 4.66 TH/s = Actual Efficiency: 0.2489 J/GH
Batch 3 uses 1210 W to get 4.86 TH/s = Actual Efficiency: 0.2490 J/GH
Batch 4 uses 1160 W to get 4.66 TH/s = Actual Efficiency: 0.2489 J/GH
Batch 5 uses 1210 W to get 4.86 TH/s = Actual Efficiency: 0.2490 J/GH
Batch 6 uses 1042 W to get 4.05 TH/s = Actual Efficiency: 0.2572 J/GH
Batch 7 uses 1278 W to get 5.06 TH/s = Actual Efficiency: 0.2573 J/GH
Batch 8 uses 1293 W to get 4.73 TH/s = Actual Efficiency: 0.2734 J/GH

It is all about efficiency 24 hours a day! 

Looks to me that the Efficiency is going down.  Batch 7 may be a better buy over the long run.
Activity: 338
Merit: 251
Would like to buy but still at the prices maybe S8 will be less in cost or will have a better ratio at power used.

You could say that about any batch.  At some point you've got to buy or you're always going to be waiting.

While I totally agree with this, sometimes its better to wait it out a little. It does seem like the batch 8 use less chips and squeeze more out of the chips, potentially leaving less headroom for overclocking/underclocking and such. I think Bitmain will lower the BTC to Ghs cost ratio soon because of relentless diff increases and the halving.

Its always gonna be a gamble either way.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Batch 8

( 1917.23 USD )

So am I right in thinking all doing to get better results is tweak the clock speeds however how did they produce 5TH in Batch 7? and now looking at batch 8 is faster memery speed used but less hash output that dont make sense.

Thanks for posting.  Do we happen to have the price info as far as BTC price of miner?  I would love to see like average BTC price or the BTC price when batch ended.

I just think some are getting a much better deal with swings on BTC.  I know that one time where we saw 500ish... they came out like bandits.  Kinda a weird miner with price varying so much, and no other miner is like S7 on speed swings... crazy amount of speed swings.

I think we were getting close to a price change, but instead we got a bump in BTC value.  Which I won't complain about.  I am happy to see Bitmain did not raise prices to.
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
Batch 8
Speed:    4.73TH/S
Weight:    4.5 kg
Price:       4.73 BTC  ( 1792.2 USD )

Bitmain's price on these will (have to) drop significantly over the next few months; both the USD price and the BTC price. There're only 8 months left before the block reward halving and the value of an S7 continuously drops as the weeks pass. We already know that pcfli is ordering S7's for $1150USD for January 20 delivery which is a good clue where to expect the near-term public price to head.

With the recent run up on BTC exchange, the current Batch 8 pricing is unattractive, compounded by it being one of the less energy efficient S7 batches.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

You could say that about any batch.  At some point you've got to buy or you're always going to be waiting.

Already have done in the past and I don't see any point buying right now with the current prices and current price I pay per KWh as already calculated figures and buying such machine with use of power to mining and generating coin wont make RIO for me. Prices in UK for kwh is shocking. £0.12 to £0.15 pkwh is shocking so to make any profit would take years without difficulty increase. 1s 7 right now for me would take 275 days to brake even and that is not factoring any price drops or so with bitocin then within that you got the half of block reward so would be impossible to brake even. Already bought in the past didnt see any rewards other than braking even and sold equipment so maybe made 1BTC if that. I will continue to wait and watch and see what happens. If prices come down on units then I might look to buying but right now its a waste for me. I d rather watch and wait to by at right time than to buy now and be out of pocket.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Batch 8

( 1917.23 USD )

Activity: 233
Merit: 10
umm Is Batch 8 not selling well?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

ysl, I am in SG

what PSUs compatible? OEM ones?

whats the safe power cord to use for the 1600w 240v PSUs?

I couldn't find a reliable supplier for bulk purchase.

1600W at 230V = 6.96A

I buy mormal PC PSU power cords, which is rated -16A
More recently, produced by the company LINDY

www.LINDY.com

The same company 16A rated power cords I also  use with DPS-2000 BB   2000W server PSUs. 

200W at 230V =  8,7A

Thanks Tupsu - that Lindy.com website is great - yes, 16A power cords, got it. I will study the DPS-2000's for my rigs for my small mining farm.
Jump to: