Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 183. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
anyone tried 12.5V n up ?

@finsky , @tupsu ?

results ?

@citronick , where in asia ? i have some psu's available next week.

ysl, I am in SG

what PSUs compatible? OEM ones?

whats the safe power cord to use for the 1600w 240v PSUs?

I couldn't find a reliable supplier for bulk purchase.

hey i'm just across the causeway but a little further up but below genting lol.

u can try server psu's like the one tupsu uses, i use them too. lots of power + adjustable voltage. the only issue is cooling it for most people.

2 x 2 2000bb's can power 3 x s7 comfortably with or without a breakout board or not.

power is TOO expensive in sg mate ... no point mining in sg, you will not even make roi imo.

please use good quality pcie cables. most of us are using custom made ones. try to find 16 awg cables. if you can't find them i have some spares. i have some spare server psu's too.

@ tupsu, i got mine at 12.5V with load. much better than stock voltage. less or no hw error, stales, dupes, RUBBISH. thx for the info mate. i might up it a little according to BMT suggested : 12V + 5% = 12.6V with load plugged in when miner is mining.

i'm waiting to see when the 90 day period ends & there must be some crazy people out there.

YSL,

The mining project is just small passion of mine with objective of long term accumulation of BTCs
and the occasional online shopping with BTCs.

Yes, SG power is expensive (about 175$ per S7 per month), but I have a few miners across the causeway too.

I still make some small profit after paying for electricity but ROI is faster across the causeway.

I plan to centralise all miners in JB, so I am looking for a good DC provider - any recommendations?

TMT
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Their site is back up, looks like the prices stayed the same. By pegging the price to bitcoin I don't think they will do much adjusting anytime soon. Either you want one in a month for 4.7BTC or you don't. I don't think there will be a batch 9 or price adjustment announced anytime soon. Not till January.

Interesting that they kept the same price.  I like being wrong in this case. 

This one does not ship till: Batch 8 scheduled shipping date is in Dec. 18~Dec. 28. If shipping out 5 days later than the scheduled one, it won't be considered as delay.

So they really could use this batch for a while and not lower price.   If price goes up sales should go up to, so they chances are don't need to lower or change unless they finnaly change price (higher or lower) or need to change specs.  They have changed specs a crazy amount of times.
Activity: 338
Merit: 251
Their site is back up, looks like the prices stayed the same. By pegging the price to bitcoin I don't think they will do much adjusting anytime soon. Either you want one in a month for 4.7BTC or you don't. I don't think there will be a batch 9 or price adjustment announced anytime soon. Not till January.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
1150$ in 60 days...Comes out to a bit pricier than the current price adjusted for mining reward/diff increase/etc ?  can someone chip in on this.  And the big question is - at what point does the halving come into bitmain's price point ?  4 months before ? One thing is for sure, things are going to get interesting...btc still going up
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
So......................bitcoin price is up, which makes the batch 8 (maybe the final form of the s7) quite expensive. over 1700usd.  any regrets not ordering ?  I got one at around 1500usd.  In any case bitmaintech site is down.  Hopefully they will start shipping batch 8 in advance like batch 7. 

When the site goes down, a lot of times this means they are editing and/or adding something new.  We'll see...

Wooohooo!  I am excited....What could it possibly Be?

It could possibly be a raise in price... it was pulled down I think early work day in China.  Which indicates the China team is doing it.

But with BTC at 370... chances are they raised prices of machines.   We will know in a few hours most likely I hope I'm wrong but I doubt I am.

Hopefully, it's a price drop.

The miner is new [email protected], 1300w. The price is 1150$ for each unit plus another 100$ for a 1300w golden psu. The customer need pay 20% pre-order fee(230$) before 10th Dec 2015 and pay the rest 80% miner fee (920$) and 100$ psu fee(total 1020$) on 18th-20th Jan 2016. The miner will be online on 27th Jan 2016.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
So......................bitcoin price is up, which makes the batch 8 (maybe the final form of the s7) quite expensive. over 1700usd.  any regrets not ordering ?  I got one at around 1500usd.  In any case bitmaintech site is down.  Hopefully they will start shipping batch 8 in advance like batch 7. 

When the site goes down, a lot of times this means they are editing and/or adding something new.  We'll see...

It could possibly be a raise in price... it was pulled down I think early work day in China.  Which indicates the China team is doing it.

But with BTC at 370... chances are they raised prices of machines.   We will know in a few hours most likely I hope I'm wrong but I doubt I am.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
impressive news! hope to see another miner out there for a good price fight  Grin
Good!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine

@finsky , @tupsu ?

results ?

ysl, I am in SG

hey i'm just across the causeway but a little further up but below genting lol.

u can try server psu's like the one tupsu uses, i use them too. lots of power + adjustable voltage. the only issue is cooling it for most people.

2 x 2 2000bb's can power 3 x s7 comfortably with or without a breakout board or not.

power is TOO expensive in sg mate ... no point mining in sg, you will not even make roi imo.

please use good quality pcie cables. most of us are using custom made ones. try to find 16 awg cables. if you can't find them i have some spares. i have some spare server psu's too.

@ tupsu, i got mine at 12.5V with load. much better than stock voltage. less or no hw error, stales, dupes, RUBBISH. thx for the info mate. i might up it a little according to BMT suggested : 12V + 5% = 12.6V with load plugged in when miner is mining.

i'm waiting to see when the 90 day period ends & there must be some crazy people out there.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

ysl, I am in SG

1600W at 230V = 6.96A

I buy mormal PC PSU power cords, which is rated -16A
More recently, produced by the company LINDY

www.LINDY.com

The same company 16A rated power cords I also  use with DPS-2000 BB   2000W server PSUs. 

200W at 230V =  8,7A
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

@finsky , @tupsu ?

results ?

ysl, I am in SG

legendary
Activity: 1218

@finsky , @tupsu ?

results ?

I got twice this result and no longer try

Click to enlarge

With 2x DPS-2000 BB  and J4bberwock breakout board  12,7V

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12996653
legendary
Activity: 1500
Mine Mine Mine

@finsky , @tupsu ?

results ?

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

100 x S7 = 120 kW !

How many seconds are time to ignites fire, when the fan stops ?

Do you actually think your negative connotations are getting you anywhere?  

Can one not have the means for power to shut off if smoke or fire is detected by a smoke/fire detector similar to a data center and fire extinguisher system installed that does not use water but smothers the fire with CO2 that leaves no white residue behind to ruin the rigs?  The same thing is used in a mobile data center.

What the hell does 120 kW have to do with the amount of time it takes for a fire to start?  If done safely, there does not have to be a fire at all.

EDIT:  My feeder cable supplying power to my house is only capable of providing 500 amps to the house.  I would have to spend another $5,200 to upgrade my feeder cable to the house to have enough power for  120 x S7's.  I'm NOT doing that.  I would rent/lease at another location before I spent that kind of money to upgrade my power here at the house.  400 amps of 500 amps would be used for mining in my home.  The other 100 amps would power my AC, dryer, stove, fridge, LED lights, etc.  That leaves me 96,000 watts for mining.  Which would be 74 x Batch 8 S7's at 1,290 watts each OR 76 x Batch 5's at 1220 watts each.  Who's to say we don't have a more power efficient rig in the future to allow me to have as many as 90 to 120 rigs instead of 74 rigs?

Guys,

How many S7 can I safely run on a 120amp setup ?

Btw, since BITMAIN sell the PSUs without power cables do you all customised the PSU power cables or get them online?

120 amp what? 110/120/240v? are plugging directly to a box?

I am in Asia using 220-240v

read what finsky wrote. I just ordered some PSUs from him and has been very helpful with information on adpaters for plugs and such. I highly recommend contacting him. Also, way cheaper than the bitmain PSUs
legendary
Activity: 1694
Go Big or Go Home.....

Dear loyal customers,

We're sorry to inform you that we didn't make the shipment of some orders today as promised. When we did the last spot check, we found some issues which cannot be delivered to you directly, engineers are working on it now and shipment should be arranged before end of next week.

Due to this trouble, we'd like to offer you the compensation following 97.5%*PPS payment according to the total hash rate of miners in order, starting from Oct. 11 Hong Kong Time, till the real shipping out date(which is not included), with electricity cost deducted at the price of $0.098/KWH.

The accounting unit is Bitcoin in the calculating, while USD is considered as a foreign currency. The day to day exchange rate will be get from Bitstamp daily average.

The final payment will be after we have collected your payment address, and we will inform you the way to confirm your receiving address with us.

After collect all the necessary info, we'll process the refund by batches, please wait for update patiently.

Apologize again!

Dear loyal customers,

We are sorry that the deliver of some of our orders has been delayed. We will give a form notice here regarding to this issue tomorrow morning, Hong Kong Time.

It's been more than a month now still haven't received any compensation!

Nobody has.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

100 x S7 = 120 kW !

Can one not have the means for power to shut off if smoke or fire is detected by a smoke/fire detector similar to a data center and fire extinguisher system installed that does not use water but smothers the fire with CO2 that leaves no white residue behind to ruin the rigs?  The same thing is used in a mobile data center.

What the hell does 120 kW have to do with the amount of time it takes for a fire to start?  If done safely, there does not have to be a fire at all.

EDIT:  My feeder cable supplying power to my house is only capable of providing 500 amps to the house.  I would have to spend another $5,200 to upgrade my feeder cable to the house to have enough power for  120 x S7's.  I'm NOT doing that.  I would rent/lease at another location before I spent that kind of money to upgrade my power here at the house.  400 amps of 500 amps would be used for mining in my home.  The other 100 amps would power my AC, dryer, stove, fridge, LED lights, etc.  That leaves me 96,000 watts for mining.  Which would be 74 x Batch 8 S7's at 1,290 watts each OR 76 x Batch 5's at 1220 watts each.  Who's to say we don't have a more power efficient rig in the future to allow me to have as many as 90 to 120 rigs instead of 74 rigs?

Guys,

Btw, since BITMAIN sell the PSUs without power cables do you all customised the PSU power cables or get them online?

I am in Asia using 220-240v
Activity: 429
Merit: 250

100 x S7 = 120 kW !

Guys,

legendary
Activity: 1022
120A if 240V = 28,800 Watts.  80% of that for code/safety margin is 23,040 W, or 18-19 Antminer S7's depending on model and clock.

For PSU's, I find Bitmain's over-priced for what you get. I am, however, biased towards the ones I sell.
Jump to: