Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 213. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

I was told my Bitmain to troubleshoot the issue on my 2 bad miners not hashing.  I tried changing fan settings and putting new fans on with no change.  One step was to take a good controller card from another miner and put it onto the bad miner to see if it is the controller card that is bad.  It showed the same results on the bad miner as the old controller did.   BUT when I returned the good controller, it too was now showing 48 ASICS and is now not hashing.  I now have 3 bad miners.  I have sent pics and all of this information back to Bitmain. I have asked to have 3 new machines sent to me.  I am wondering what they will determine.

Read the warranty policy.

https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020150827084021471OHYdwd9D06A0

4. Customer must return the defective parts at own expense after opening a support ticket and troubleshooting with Bitmain's instructions.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
I has a simular problem with a S5, it to wasn;t hashing at all, i reflashed it, and it came back to life..
legendary
You have a broken miner.

Is it just me, or does it seems like the S7's are one of the most problematic Bitmain products ever ?

Sad

It only seems to you.

3 broken blades from 99 is not to much.

This situation arose for me from one PSU and two times.

I have using this setup.
1 x Corsair RM 850 with controller and 1 board
Corsair RM1000 with another 2 boards.

Corsair RM850 turned itself out and another 2 boards are  powered for some hours.

If I restarted miner from PSU switches, came from miner hot air and the smell of burnt.

I put in there the other miner, with the same PSU-s, and after day was the same with 1 board with another miner.

Always the blade(s), which was powered with RM1000 and after that, when RM850 Switch off for some mysterious reason.

This RM850 works for me today with 3x Antminer S5 blades water cooled , so
perhaps it is not the fault of the PSU He bears the load about 850-885 W

However, the conclusion is, use only 1 PSU per miner.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
to biodom and ariesIV10  how do you set fans?

manual or auto?

hint manual should stop issue.

try 60% or s0

and 60% is not that slow.  about 4000rpm

I normally leave mine blank (100% and Auto).  I did try setting the fans to 60%, 50%, 40% with no change-----No Hashing.  I also tried hard/soft reboots with no change----No Hashing.  I do have them separated from the group so that I can work with them.

https://i.imgur.com/nqtRlyq.png
Are you running oct 23 firmware?
Do you have static or dynamic ip addresses?
Looks like the Dns is working, all pools alive.

Are you running oct 23 firmware?---Latest Firmware
Do you have static or dynamic ip addresses?---Dynamic
Looks like the Dns is working, all pools alive.---Yup, all alive except No Hash

Did you try the router trick? Besides, if you have some bridge, like airport express, you need to replug it as well.
This worked for me in an identical situation.

I just reset my modem and router, unplugged all of my devices and restarted with no change.

bummer...maybe try to reflash the operating system image again, don't remember if you did this already or not. sometimes I also just touch/push on connectors, but it might be futile...i was probably just lucky that it came back from a similar situation (a random event).
EDIT: bad miner messed up formely good controller? Wow. You are not wearing a sweater by any chance (ESD?)
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Why is it only showing 48 ASICS per board instead of 54? Did you use the wrong firmware by chance?

This is S7 software but with broken boards and  temp 0 yssue He sees only  48 chips

I normally leave mine blank (100% and Auto).  I did try setting the fans to 60%, 50%, 40% with no change-----No Hashing.  I also tried hard/soft reboots with no change----No Hashing.  I do have them separated from the group so that I can work with them.

You have a broken miner.

You need to contact with [email protected]

I had three blades with the same issue  from 2 different miners, which showed only 48 chips and temp 0 and they are now back in China.

Did you try the router trick? Besides, if you have some bridge, like airport express, you need to replug it as well.

identical situation - only 48 chip ant temp 0 ?

Yes still showing 48 ASICS on each one of the bad miners. 

----VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION----

I was told my Bitmain to troubleshoot the issue on my 2 bad miners not hashing.  I tried changing fan settings and putting new fans on with no change.  One step was to take a good controller card from another miner and put it onto the bad miner to see if it is the controller card that is bad.  It showed the same results on the bad miner as the old controller did.   BUT when I returned the good controller, it too was now showing 48 ASICS and is now not hashing.  I now have 3 bad miners.  I have sent pics and all of this information back to Bitmain.  I have asked to have 3 new machines sent to me.  I am wondering what they will determine.

legendary
Mine for a Bit

manual or auto?

try 60% or s0

I just reset my modem and router, unplugged all of my devices and restarted with no change.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
You have a broken miner.

Is it just me, or does it seems like the S7's are one of the most problematic Bitmain products ever ?

Sad
legendary
Mine for a Bit
Why is it only showing 48 ASICS per board instead of 54? Did you use the wrong firmware by chance?

I did notice that the control shows 48 ASICS too.  It shows the most recent Oct firmware in the control panel.
legendary
Activity: 1022
I had a single "o" disappear one time from image and count #, and was down on hashrate.  Soft reboot and it was back to normal.
legendary

This is S7 software but with broken boards and  temp 0 yssue He sees only  48 chips

You have a broken miner.

I had three blades with the same issue  from 2 different miners, which showed only 48 chips and temp 0 and they are now back in China.

sorry, did not count chips, but vaguely remember that rows of "o" were uneven vs usual, but could be wrong about it.
not sure if i looked at temp..
legendary

You have a broken miner.

legendary

manual or auto?

try 60% or s0

legendary
Activity: 1022
legendary
Mine for a Bit

manual or auto?

try 60% or s0

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

manual or auto?

try 60% or s0

legendary

show us some s7 p-o-r-n pix !!!

A dream, which  Bitmain broke...

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

I hope,  that someone will be able to connect S5+ software with S7 software .
Take from S5 + software 9 blade control option and putting it to S7 software (back?)
legendary
Mine for a Bit
to biodom and ariesIV10  how do you set fans?

manual or auto?

try 60% or s0

and 60% is not that slow.  about 4000rpm

I normally leave mine blank (100% and Auto).  I did try setting the fans to 60%, 50%, 40% with no change-----No Hashing.  I also tried hard/soft reboots with no change----No Hashing.  I do have them separated from the group so that I can work with them.

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
Dear customer,

All miners are sold out! Please wait for a new batch! Still no exact dates for new batch release. It will be published on webpage soon.

This means we will have a batch 7 soon !
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Wait, you don't have a fire suppression system with that setup? When there's that much invested you want to protect it. If you've never experienced a fire you'd think real hard about making some changes. And I'm not talking about a little stove fire from burnt butter. I'm talking about burn the house down fire.

Detached garage with no cars in the garage...

Ufo
legendary
to biodom and ariesIV10  how do you set fans?

manual or auto?

try 60% or s0

and 60% is not that slow.  about 4000rpm

why do you think that this is fans issue? overheating of the controller?
it could be, but that miner fan never drops below 4200 anyway.
Jump to: