Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 240. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
I know this is a bit off topic:

Does anyone have a recommendation for an exchange of some sorts to exchange bitcoin for actual physical gold in your hand [Not paper gold] in the United States?

maybe
https://www.vaultoro.com

never used, though
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
I know this is a bit off topic:

Does anyone have a recommendation for an exchange of some sorts to exchange bitcoin for actual physical gold in your hand [Not paper gold] in the United States?
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Anybody buying S7 on hashnest? Price is $1923, deployment in 12 days at $.0976/kWH.
legendary
Think they will be sending the refunds next year? Or after they crash BTC prices again due to them cashing out their income from selling the Miners?  Cheesy

won't crash anything as they only have 3358 BTC in their wallet and been cashing out systematically in 480-2.7K chunks on a regular basis.
https://blockchain.info/address/1KwA4fS4uVuCNjCtMivE7m5ATbv93UZg8V
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Think they will be sending the refunds next year? Or after they crash BTC prices again due to them cashing out their income from selling the Miners?  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
It seems to me that Bitmain has had time to get things caught up...so I am wondering when the compensation for Batch 1 will start to get taken care of? The longer they wait the higher the BTC they own us is worth.  Shocked

everything is priced in USD... if bitmain owes any moneys, it will be the USD amount..   correct me if I am wrong..

Dear loyal customers,

We're sorry to inform you that we didn't make the shipment of some orders today as promised. When we did the last spot check, we found some issues which cannot be delivered to you directly, engineers are working on it now and shipment should be arranged before end of next week.

Due to this trouble, we'd like to offer you the compensation following 97.5%*PPS payment according to the total hash rate of miners in order, starting from Oct. 11 Hong Kong Time, till the real shipping out date(which is not included), with electricity cost deducted at the price of $0.098/KWH.

The accounting unit is Bitcoin in the calculating, while USD is considered as a foreign currency. The day to day exchange rate will be get from Bitstamp daily average.

The final payment will be after we have collected your payment address, and we will inform you the way to confirm your receiving address with us.

After collect all the necessary info, we'll process the refund by batches, please wait for update patiently.

Apologize again!

NICE!   I almost wish my batch was delayed a week and get a months worth of hashing out of the deal!
legendary
Activity: 1232
It seems to me that Bitmain has had time to get things caught up...so I am wondering when the compensation for Batch 1 will start to get taken care of? The longer they wait the higher the BTC they own us is worth.  Shocked

everything is priced in USD... if bitmain owes any moneys, it will be the USD amount..   correct me if I am wrong..

Dear loyal customers,

We're sorry to inform you that we didn't make the shipment of some orders today as promised. When we did the last spot check, we found some issues which cannot be delivered to you directly, engineers are working on it now and shipment should be arranged before end of next week.

Due to this trouble, we'd like to offer you the compensation following 97.5%*PPS payment according to the total hash rate of miners in order, starting from Oct. 11 Hong Kong Time, till the real shipping out date(which is not included), with electricity cost deducted at the price of $0.098/KWH.

The accounting unit is Bitcoin in the calculating, while USD is considered as a foreign currency. The day to day exchange rate will be get from Bitstamp daily average.

The final payment will be after we have collected your payment address, and we will inform you the way to confirm your receiving address with us.

After collect all the necessary info, we'll process the refund by batches, please wait for update patiently.

Apologize again!

legendary
One of the rear fans stopped on one s7 rpm to zero.
Antminer just stopped hashing. Very good.
Replaced with an s5 fan (same fan), asked for a fan replacement.
Everthing back to normal.
Whew!

could it be that it was simply fried by your heat tornado at colo?
legendary
My orders from
2015-10-23
2015-10-24
2015-10-25

are shipped.

not shipped  only order from 2015-09-29  paid with USD 2015-10-20 confirmed 2015-10-22  and it's weird.

this shipping probably means they are about to price batch 4 or introduce lite.
I expect by late tomorrow as being most likely (US time)
legendary
Activity: 1876
It seems to me that Bitmain has had time to get things caught up...so I am wondering when the compensation for Batch 1 will start to get taken care of? The longer they wait the higher the BTC they own us is worth.  Shocked

everything is priced in USD... if bitmain owes any moneys, it will be the USD amount..   correct me if I am wrong..
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
My orders from
2015-10-23
2015-10-24
2015-10-25

are shipped.

not shipped  only order from 2015-09-29  paid with USD 2015-10-20 confirmed 2015-10-22  and it's weird.

legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
Whew!
Lucky guy Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Whew!
legendary
It seems to me that Bitmain has had time to get things caught up...so I am wondering when the compensation for Batch 1 will start to get taken care of? The longer they wait the higher the BTC they own us is worth.  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Is there a way to disable mining but leave the fan running to cool the unit down?

I need to do some maintenance today, which will mean powering off my S7s briefly. With the glued on heat sinks I'm concerned about residual heat causing problems.

I've looked at the admin app, but there doesn't seem to be an option to disable mining like there is with Spondoolies products. I guess I could clear out the pool URLs, but that doesn't seem worth the effort.

I've done the firmware update, so it should be safe to pull the Ethernet cables and the fans should stay on. Maybe that bug fix can be used as a cool down technique.

Does anyone else out there do anything special when powering down your S7s, or do you just cut the power and hope for the best?

If I were to do what you ask I would power off fully and attach the fans to something like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111680277912?

then this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MW-Mean-Well-12V-AC-DC-PSU-UI-Switching-Power-Supply-100W-UL-120V-LED-Driver-/231485855265?

Thanks for the links Phil.

That looks like a "cool" solution Wink
legendary
F-d by UPS.
changed the delivery to UPS store and they pushed the delivery to Monday.
I called in and they said that changing to local store changes delivery by one business day.
Is this for real or what? anybody else had the same experience?
bummer...

Did you call or do it on the website using My Choice? On the website it's quite clear that it changes the day as they force you to agree to that when making the change.. If you called it's frustrating if they didn't tell you..

thanks.
basically, i did not want to waste part of the day waiting for it.
AFTER i made the change (maybe i did not notice the stuff re date as it was not explicit in any way) for the WHOLE day the web site said delivery estimate-FRIDAY, then I called and they were feeding me the same line ("Customer service says that it will be delivered today").
If the first person firmly said that it will be delivered on monday and if you want it today, we can arrange it to go to the hub, then i would be fine with it.

Bottom line, i am out of maybe 0.1 BTC, no biggie, it just felt unfair, but I'm over it already.

I have redirected the last 4 miners I have ordered. I have a UPS store in town about 2 miles from my house and have experienced no delay due to it. I have always changed the redirect as soon as I knew the package was in the system so I am talking a couple days at least. I can see how it might add a day if you waited to long or if the redirect is way out of the way or a different UPS distribution area. There use to be a $5 cost to have it dropped off at a UPS Store but UPS does not allow the stores to collect it anymore. I am very happy with the service UPS has given me.   
legendary
Angry Angry Angry

UUGH .... Now what ....

When I tracked my FedEx package ....

---------------------------------
Clearance Delay
Shipment requires importer's registration/identification number for clearance. (Examples include EIN, SSN, VAT, GST, RFC, etc.)
Recommended action:
Importer must provide the required registration/ identification number.

Yet there is no button to push, no form to fill out, no option to fix.... nothing.

Not even an E-Mail from FedEx notifying me of a problem....

I called FedEx, I barely could understand the guy with his very heavy Indian accent, who said, after placing me on hold for 5 minutes...  someone will call me back.

Well, that's nice....  WTF!

At least the S7's made it to Wisconsin .... they are sitting 60 miles from me.  

It is strange that they did not call you. Typically, they do, so it is important to provide a phone # to bitmain at which you are always accessible, like a cell phone.  You talk to DHS/customs, then they send you an importer form by email, you fill the form and send it back. Should take 24-48 hours total.

legendary
Activity: 910
Any info on when gear will be available again? I'm ready to buy :-)
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Angry Angry Angry

UUGH .... Now what ....

When I tracked my FedEx package ....

Clearance Delay
Shipment requires importer's registration/identification number for clearance. (Examples include EIN, SSN, VAT, GST, RFC, etc.)
Recommended action:
Importer must provide the required registration/ identification number.

Yet there is no button to push, no form to fill out, no option to fix.... nothing.

Not even an E-Mail from FedEx notifying me of a problem....

I called FedEx, I barely could understand the guy with his very heavy Indian accent, who said, after placing me on hold for 5 minutes...  someone will call me back.

Well, that's nice....  WTF!

At least the S7's made it to Wisconsin .... they are sitting 60 miles from me. 

Should've used UPS if that's an option.  I have never had an issue with all my bitmain orders using UPS.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Is there a way to disable mining but leave the fan running to cool the unit down?

I need to do some maintenance today, which will mean powering off my S7s briefly. With the glued on heat sinks I'm concerned about residual heat causing problems.

I've looked at the admin app, but there doesn't seem to be an option to disable mining like there is with Spondoolies products. I guess I could clear out the pool URLs, but that doesn't seem worth the effort.

I've done the firmware update, so it should be safe to pull the Ethernet cables and the fans should stay on. Maybe that bug fix can be used as a cool down technique.

Does anyone else out there do anything special when powering down your S7s, or do you just cut the power and hope for the best?

If I were to do what you ask I would power off fully and attach the fans to something like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111680277912?

then this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MW-Mean-Well-12V-AC-DC-PSU-UI-Switching-Power-Supply-100W-UL-120V-LED-Driver-/231485855265?
Jump to: