Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 241. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Is there a way to disable mining but leave the fan running to cool the unit down?

I need to do some maintenance today, which will mean powering off my S7s briefly. With the glued on heat sinks I'm concerned about residual heat causing problems.

I've looked at the admin app, but there doesn't seem to be an option to disable mining like there is with Spondoolies products. I guess I could clear out the pool URLs, but that doesn't seem worth the effort.

I've done the firmware update, so it should be safe to pull the Ethernet cables and the fans should stay on. Maybe that bug fix can be used as a cool down technique.

Does anyone else out there do anything special when powering down your S7s, or do you just cut the power and hope for the best?
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Ufo, have you tried m'sminermonitor? Everything at a glance, free. Nice to monitor 40 at a glance.
I like it because when a miner craps out it leaves all the stats  for that miner frozen for you to check.

I use CryptoGlance, but I still have tabs open to keep track of them individually as well. Smiley

Ufo
Have to give cryptoglance a spin.
Does it ever crash? When I run multiminer for a few days/weeks it can crash.
M'sminermonitor has never crashed for me running 24/7.
legendary
Angry Angry Angry

UUGH .... Now what ....

When I tracked my FedEx package ....

---------------------------------
Clearance Delay
Shipment requires importer's registration/identification number for clearance. (Examples include EIN, SSN, VAT, GST, RFC, etc.)
Recommended action:
Importer must provide the required registration/ identification number.

Yet there is no button to push, no form to fill out, no option to fix.... nothing.

Not even an E-Mail from FedEx notifying me of a problem....

I called FedEx, I barely could understand the guy with his very heavy Indian accent, who said, after placing me on hold for 5 minutes...  someone will call me back.

Well, that's nice....  WTF!

At least the S7's made it to Wisconsin .... they are sitting 60 miles from me. 

Are there two or more units in your order? If so, the total dollar figure is probably high enough that it's been flagged in customs.

This happened to me with my second order of two units. I had to tell them what a miner was, and had to clarify that they are for personal use not business. This is true for me because it's a hobby.

They provided a form and detailed instructions. It was easy to fill out and email it to them. The process was actually much more efficient than I thought it would be. It was very irritating, but in the end it only added a few days of delay to the delivery.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I can't imagine the controller taking up even a fraction of what 1 fan draws, but I think it's good for redundancy (less points of failure, extra for back-up).  Plus easier to manage/monitor, and takes up less network addresses if it's on a shared LAN.

Edit: each fan draws something like 2A or 24W, a BBB board draws up to 2W.

yeah  once you pull the fan load out the controller is not doing much power draw.

but  the wiring and monitoring is easy.  and of course if you have the batch one firmware you can triple up and run nine boards.

Activity: 277
Merit: 250
 Angry Angry Angry

UUGH .... Now what ....

When I tracked my FedEx package ....

Clearance Delay
Shipment requires importer's registration/identification number for clearance. (Examples include EIN, SSN, VAT, GST, RFC, etc.)
Recommended action:
Importer must provide the required registration/ identification number.

Yet there is no button to push, no form to fill out, no option to fix.... nothing.

Not even an E-Mail from FedEx notifying me of a problem....

I called FedEx, I barely could understand the guy with his very heavy Indian accent, who said, after placing me on hold for 5 minutes...  someone will call me back.

Well, that's nice....  WTF!

At least the S7's made it to Wisconsin .... they are sitting 60 miles from me. 
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
I can't imagine the controller taking up even a fraction of what 1 fan draws, but I think it's good for redundancy (less points of failure, extra for back-up).  Plus easier to manage/monitor, and takes up less network addresses if it's on a shared LAN.

Edit: each fan draws something like 2A or 24W, a BBB board draws up to 2W.
legendary
0.0100%  or less and you get close to the advertised hash
0.0300% or more and you get a lot less then the advertised hash

What cables did you link that I could use to run two s7's off of one controller? I am doing some housekeeping and that would clean up some of the wiring.

Thanks in advance!

Ufo

I have heard this many times, running 2 S7s on one controller.  Other than the cost savings of 1 less ethernet cable which would be offset by the cost of new longer 18 pin cables; What is the reason/savings in doing something like this?

it also means less switches
 if you have a   5 port ethernet switch  1 in 4 out  you can run 8  s-7's instead of 4
 if you have an 8 port ethernet switch  1 in 7 out  you can run 14 s-7's instead of 7
 if you have a 16 port ethernet switch 1 in 15 out you can run 30 s-7's instead of 15

so a guy that went big  say 20 s-7's  only needs one 16 port switch   

he also has a lot of spare controllers 10 if he doubles up  at 20 units.

and one last thing power saved due to 10 controllers not running.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Ufo, have you tried m'sminermonitor? Everything at a glance, free. Nice to monitor 40 at a glance.
I like it because when a miner craps out it leaves all the stats  for that miner frozen for you to check.

I use CryptoGlance, but I still have tabs open to keep track of them individually as well. Smiley

Ufo
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
I have heard this many times, running 2 S7s on one controller.  Other than the cost savings of 1 less ethernet cable which would be offset by the cost of new longer 18 pin cables; What is the reason/savings in doing something like this?

Spare controllers since I have nine and plan on getting some more, also fewer tabs to monitor. Smiley

Ufo
I have heard this many times, running 2 S7s on one controller.  Other than the cost savings of 1 less ethernet cable which would be offset by the cost of new longer 18 pin cables; What is the reason/savings in doing something like this?

Spare controllers since I have nine and plan on getting some more, also fewer tabs to monitor. Smiley

Ufo
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
0.0100%  or less and you get close to the advertised hash

What cables did you link that I could use to run two s7's off of one controller? I am doing some housekeeping and that would clean up some of the wiring.

Thanks in advance!

Ufo

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
What is the optimal temperature the boards should run at ? mine are at 64-65 C is this ok ?
thank you
legendary
only place I know is https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12359304

J4bberwock  has them made custom  so pm him.
0.0100%  or less and you get close to the advertised hash

Thanks in advance!

Ufo
legendary
What HW error percentage do people think is reasonable?

0.0100%  or less and you get close to the advertised hash

legendary
What HW error percentage do people think is reasonable?
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
F-d by UPS.
changed the delivery to UPS store and they pushed the delivery to Monday.
I called in and they said that changing to local store changes delivery by one business day.
Is this for real or what? anybody else had the same experience?
bummer...

Did you call or do it on the website using My Choice? On the website it's quite clear that it changes the day as they force you to agree to that when making the change.. If you called it's frustrating if they didn't tell you..

thanks.
basically, i did not want to waste part of the day waiting for it.
AFTER i made the change (maybe i did not notice the stuff re date as it was not explicit in any way) for the WHOLE day the web site said delivery estimate-FRIDAY, then I called and they were feeding me the same line ("Customer service says that it will be delivered today").
If the first person firmly said that it will be delivered on monday and if you want it today, we can arrange it to go to the hub, then i would be fine with it.

Bottom line, i am out of maybe 0.1 BTC, no biggie, it just felt unfair, but I'm over it already.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
https://www.bitworks.io
F-d by UPS.
I called in and they said that changing to local store changes delivery by one business day.
bummer...

Did you call or do it on the website using My Choice? On the website it's quite clear that it changes the day as they force you to agree to that when making the change.. If you called it's frustrating if they didn't tell you..
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Shipping Wise, you may want to try out each carrier and find out which one works the best for you.

UPS definitely does great job on most part but depends on the area, it may not be the perfect option.

Some area, DHL does super great and some area FedEx can do better than others and EMS works on some over any other carriers.

Even tho UPS can do good job, they did this as well... so its all depends on your country, area, drivers and etc  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvAak4MAnqk

Changing the delivery date, or delivery destination can work for  you but often time cause 1 extra business day of delay or more or mis-hap with the packages.  (if you plan it well, it works great, too or in an emergency, it can work well, but please be careful of making any change request)

S7 Firmware
https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720151023101739550pOBiK5sO06A0

If you encounter this

F-d by UPS.
bummer...
Jump to: