Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 242. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
F-d by UPS.

My local UPS if they skip you or for some reason you miss it you can go to the local distribution hub and pick it up if the truck is back and they are open.  You might go there in person.

I've had better luck showing up saying I missed package then if I called ahead.  They can look up what truck it's on so it takes 5-10 minutes.  But all depends on if you have a nice person at front desk.  Some are much easier to work with then others.

well, usually this is the case when they missed you, but i myself moved it to ups store.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
F-d by UPS.
change the delivery to lUPS store and they chabge the delivery to Monday.
I called and they said that changing to local store changes delivery by one day.
Is this for real or what? anybody else had the same

My local UPS if they skip you or for some reason you miss it you can go to the local distribution hub and pick it up if the truck is back and they are open.  You might go there in person.

I've had better luck showing up saying I missed package then if I called ahead.  They can look up what truck it's on so it takes 5-10 minutes.  But all depends on if you have a nice person at front desk.  Some are much easier to work with then others.
legendary
F-d by UPS.
changed the delivery to UPS store and they pushed the delivery to Monday.
I called in and they said that changing to local store changes delivery by one business day.
Is this for real or what? anybody else had the same experience?
bummer...
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
When I stand behind the 42u rack with 12 s7's in it it feels like a furnace. Four 30 amp circuits, 3 s7's per circuit, datacenter only allows 21.6 amps to be used  for each circuit.

hmmm....  3s7's are only about 16 amps.

4 is less then 22amps

at 80% is 24 amps.. find another datacenter Smiley
at 208v 3 s7's are 18amps.
$1000 per rack all inclusive 2 miles from my house. I think I'll stay.
Only $750 after tax deduction.

mine are 220, hence the discrepancy.  how many 30 amp circuits will they allow you to use on one rack?
Don't have enough miners to find out. I think they would install another whip (2 30 amp circuits)
 Have the space for another six but for me heat seems a bit intense for one rack.
They would probably charge more per month. Haven't popped the question.
It is a tier 4 datacenter, I don't use the power redundancy, I use both circuits on a whip to run different miners, not one main circuit and one backup.
The amperage threw me off when I went from 240v at home to the datacenter 208v.
I started out with two circuits and it turned out that I didn't have enough amps to run all
the  miners I brought from home so I had to have another whip pulled.
Ok, for some reason I can't flash my miner.  I browse to the file, attempt to flash it, wait for it, the screen times out, then I refresh and get this error:

System Upgrade Failed

tar: invalid magic tar: short read

So something just ain't right with it.

I'm using the SD-S7-20151023-600M.tar file downloaded directly from bitmaintech's support site.  Anyone else having this issue?

i would just delete the file, then re-download (don't untar!) and try again.
the file was good before

Weird, still not working, I dl'd it again, left it as the .tar.gz file and tried the upgrade.  Again, connection gets reset after about 10-15 seconds, I try to refresh and get the same error.

what connection? your computer/laptop to miner?
maybe leave it alone and do something with laptop:on a mac i would say repair permissions, but on windows? is there some kind of desktop or C drive repair program?
V
It's from my PC over the network to the miner.  I'm going to go out on a limb and highly doubt it's a permissions thing when other people do not have a problem whatsoever transferring it over and installing it.  

Argh!

Ok guys, thanks for the assist, but I figured it out.  Rule #1, use IE to install the flash upgrade, not Firefox...I didn't think of that earlier, but damn you Firefox!
Excellent.
I use chrome, seems to work well.
Good to know Firefox does not.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Ok, for some reason I can't flash my miner.  I browse to the file, attempt to flash it, wait for it, the screen times out, then I refresh and get this error:

System Upgrade Failed

I'm using the SD-S7-20151023-600M.tar file downloaded directly from bitmaintech's support site.  Anyone else having this issue?

the file was good before

Weird, still not working, I dl'd it again, left it as the .tar.gz file and tried the upgrade.  Again, connection gets reset after about 10-15 seconds, I try to refresh and get the same error.

maybe leave it alone and do something with laptop:on a mac i would say repair permissions, but on windows? is there some kind of desktop or C drive repair program?

It's from my PC over the network to the miner.  I'm going to go out on a limb and highly doubt it's a permissions thing when other people do not have a problem whatsoever transferring it over and installing it. 

Argh!

Ok guys, thanks for the assist, but I figured it out.  Rule #1, use IE to install the flash upgrade, not Firefox...I didn't think of that earlier, but damn you Firefox!
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

System Upgrade Failed

the file was good before

Weird, still not working, I dl'd it again, left it as the .tar.gz file and tried the upgrade.  Again, connection gets reset after about 10-15 seconds, I try to refresh and get the same error.

It's from my PC over the network to the miner.  I'm going to go out on a limb and highly doubt it's a permissions thing when other people do not have a problem whatsoever transferring it over and installing it. 
legendary

System Upgrade Failed

the file was good before

System Upgrade Failed

the file was good before

legendary

System Upgrade Failed

the file was good before
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Ok, for some reason I can't flash my miner.  I browse to the file, attempt to flash it, wait for it, the screen times out, then I refresh and get this error:

System Upgrade Failed

I'm using the SD-S7-20151023-600M.tar file downloaded directly from bitmaintech's support site.  Anyone else having this issue?

Are you targeting the .tar or the image file inside? Just to be sure; you need to target the .tar file, still compressed. When i uncompressed the .tar is the only time i saw that error. If not redownload the .tar, it could be incomplete archive.

You could try to uncompress it just to see if its valid, though.
Ok, for some reason I can't flash my miner.  I browse to the file, attempt to flash it, wait for it, the screen times out, then I refresh and get this error:

System Upgrade Failed

I'm using the SD-S7-20151023-600M.tar file downloaded directly from bitmaintech's support site.  Anyone else having this issue?
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
When I stand behind the 42u rack with 12 s7's in it it...

LOL!   The problem with that .gif .... he'd be sweating his nards off in the hot airflow ..... need to mount the S7 rack to a wind surfing board and have a dude in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt riding the bitcoin wave.... lol
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
Yea, nothing more fun than making the HVAC guy deaf while he's working on the furnace!

Why do you need a furnace? You have miners for heat.   Grin

36 degrees F. outside last night with 2 windows open to allow fresh air in ( I have 5 farting dogs ... kinda need fresh air ).... with the miners running, it was a nice 79 degrees F. in the house.

Yea that's a good point, I have to see if I have a return duct in my basement so I can push that air through the house.

I extended a return duct so that its over my mining rack. Heat rises so not only is the basement nice and warm ( warm hardwood floors ) but the warm air gets sucked up by the return duct.

Right now I just flip the furnace fan on and off depending on if the upstairs is warn or cold, but soon, I'll be getting a thermostat that has a RECIRCULATE function. That thermostat then will turn on the furnace fan for 5-20 minutes every hour to move some air, equalize the temperature in the rooms, and if you have a fresh air intake on the furnace, it'll inject some fresh air in the house ( plus operate whole house humidifier, the UV-C air sterilizer and electronic ~ozone~ air filter)... if heat was not called for by the thermostat within the last hour.

The more upper end thermostats ($100+) that you find at the big box stores usually have the recirculate feature... or you can look for a Braeburn 5000 thermostat on Amazon... usually around $65-$70 ... its a "commercial" grade thermostat, not really found in the retail market but its a nice thermostat that actually can be powered by the furnace itself... no mo batteries and has a lot of nifty automatic stuffz.... and no wifi that can be hacked.
legendary
Activity: 1876
When I stand behind the 42u rack with 12 s7's in it it feels like a furnace. Four 30 amp circuits, 3 s7's per circuit, datacenter only allows 21.6 amps to be used  for each circuit.

4 is less then 22amps

mine are 220, hence the discrepancy.  how many 30 amp circuits will they allow you to use on one rack?
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
When I stand behind the 42u rack with 12 s7's in it it...

4 is less then 22amps

legendary
Activity: 1876

4 is less then 22amps

When I stand behind the 42u rack with 12 s7's in it it feels like a furnace. Four 30 amp circuits, 3 s7's per circuit, datacenter only allows 21.6 amps to be used  for each circuit.
Jump to: