Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 244. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
I have found a solution to soundproof.

Home Depot sells  hvac venting about one hundred bucks will do three or four units.

I will post photos

Awesome! Curious as well, if it works well I just might order some S7-lite's (if they create less noise/dB) to have at home.
The regular S7 is just too loud to have in an apartment.

You definitely need 2 floors between you and the miner.  Mine's in the basement...the back room of the basement and I can hear it all over my first floor, but not on the second floor.

I have my miner rack in the basement... 4 Antminer S2's and 2 Antminer S5's, plus a few Dell servers and whatnot, I do not hear them upstairs except through the intake HVAC ductwork on that leg of the system which is only the kitchen. ( I have the ductwork - 16" x 10" - wide open above the miners to recirculate the heat from the miners throughout the house, therefore it grabs some of the fan noise).

It all depends on the material used in your house. My house was built with quality materials from the late 50's.

I discovered the best sound proofing set-up ever devised about 10 months ago.  I get 0 decibels with this system.  I have all of my miners hosted at data centers.  The fees are less than my electrical costs, there is no heat build-up to deal with, and no matter how hard I try I can't hear a peep out of my S7s!  I also have full control just like I did when I ran my S5s in my garage.

https://i.imgur.com/375dHGh.jpg

EDIT:  Usually whenever I post things like this I hear a gasp, all heads spin towards me, and then silence.  It's like I'm an alien offering a hover car and everyone is thinking "how do I use a hover car on our existing road infrastructure...and he's an alien!"
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

Judging by a huge recent jump in hashing speed, BMT already produced new miners and now connected them to "test".

What "huge recent jump" are you referring to?  You have to go all the way back to April to see a difficulty adjustment higher than 5% and the very next adjustment after that was negative.  You have to go all the way back to November 2014 to see one above 10%.

I was referring just to the last few days: first it declined into adjustment and now climbing very fast.
there was some correlation with known pattern of bitmain shipping.
yes, it is nothing in comparison with 10-20% then.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100

any word on batch2 or batch3 being shipped..

also, any word on a new batch??

Batch 3 has been shipping.  Mine went online last night.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504

There is a pre-sale announcement on hashnest "From Nov. 3rd,Hashnest will open sales of 500 units of S7 hashing contracts", other than that nothing.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Judging by a huge recent jump in hashing speed, BMT already produced new miners and now connected them to "test".

What "huge recent jump" are you referring to?  You have to go all the way back to April to see a difficulty adjustment higher than 5% and the very next adjustment after that was negative.  You have to go all the way back to November 2014 to see one above 10%.
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
I am a little bit worried about S7 heatsink issue in case it fell off my s7 will burn!

I highly doubt that the glue which is holding the heatsinks in place will survive several years of nonstop mining
temperature will affect the glue for sure.
Proof me wrong please Sad

These machines aren't designed to last that long, hence the 90 day warranty, but I like the 2 working ones I got waiting for replacement board information from BM for the one that lost some chips/heatsinks.

Exactly my concern.

I run miners till I cannot extract a profit any more. My S2's for example... still mining.

Adhesive mounting will always fail. Looking at the board pictures, it wouldn't have been very difficult to make the heatsinks long strips then have several thru-hole screws sandwiching both sides of heatsinks together.

I'll probably wait for my 90 day warentee to expire then I'll take some heatsink extrusions I have and mill them to size for a retrofit to keep these running.
Activity: 277
Merit: 250

Home Depot sells  hvac venting about one hundred bucks will do three or four units.

I will post photos

Awesome! Curious as well, if it works well I just might order some S7-lite's (if they create less noise/dB) to have at home.

You definitely need 2 floors between you and the miner.  Mine's in the basement...the back room of the basement and I can hear it all over my first floor, but not on the second floor.

I have my miner rack in the basement... 4 Antminer S2's and 2 Antminer S5's, plus a few Dell servers and whatnot, I do not hear them upstairs except through the intake HVAC ductwork on that leg of the system which is only the kitchen. ( I have the ductwork - 16" x 10" - wide open above the miners to recirculate the heat from the miners throughout the house, therefore it grabs some of the fan noise).

It all depends on the material used in your house. My house was built with quality materials from the late 50's.

Activity: 895
Merit: 504
I am a little bit worried about S7 heatsink issue in case it fell off my s7 will burn!

I highly doubt that the glue which is holding the heatsinks in place will survive several years of nonstop mining

These machines aren't designed to last that long, hence the 90 day warranty, but I like the 2 working ones I got waiting for replacement board information from BM for the one that lost some chips/heatsinks.
legendary

Home Depot sells  hvac venting about one hundred bucks will do three or four units.

I will post photos

fans are on 4000 rpm   see link

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12831638

So it's basically insulated duct work on the ingress/egress fans to lower the decibels?  I wish I had a meter to see the dB of what my miner is.  It's crazy loud compared to my S5's.

Use a manual fan speed.

You should have no problems with 50%, you can probably go lower ( I use 30% on most of mine).  S7's run best at ~62C.  

Running at full speed your probably going to shake heatsinks off.

generally speaking, yes, but when I tried to lower to 50%, temp of the boards was OK (57-58C) and speed was great, but somehow controller lost its marbles and required a reboot.
it also seems that after software update S7 is maintaining ~55C of the boards automatically, so I just let it be for now. It is a bit scary to repeat going to 50% and see if it was just one off. In addition, maybe ambient matters as well, as I have 28C, which is a bit higher than probably most cases.

Hmm, how can it be proven when they haven't been around for several years?
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

I will post photos

So it's basically insulated duct work on the ingress/egress fans to lower the decibels?  I wish I had a meter to see the dB of what my miner is.  It's crazy loud compared to my S5's.

Use a manual fan speed.

You should have no problems with 50%, you can probably go lower ( I use 30% on most of mine).  S7's run best at ~62C. 

I currently have them set to 80%.  I haven't had a lot of time to play with the speed and watch the heat since I just got it last night.  I'll move it down to 60% to see how it fares next.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
Unfortunately i am missing all the ascii miners of bitmain after s3.. Hope it arrives soon in india too Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

I will post photos

So it's basically insulated duct work on the ingress/egress fans to lower the decibels?  I wish I had a meter to see the dB of what my miner is.  It's crazy loud compared to my S5's.

Use a manual fan speed.

You should have no problems with 50%, you can probably go lower ( I use 30% on most of mine).  S7's run best at ~62C. 

I will post photos

legendary
Just curious.. Bought an S7 marked "paid for" on Monday. When should I expect shipment?

Maybe 10 days. No one knows for sure.  Batch 2 or 3?

B3 .. and it looks like none have been available for sale since..

Did anybody get a shipping notification for a miner (b2/B3) that was ordered on or after 10/20?
Activity: 668
Merit: 257
Just curious.. Bought an S7 marked "paid for" on Monday. When should I expect shipment?

Maybe 10 days. No one knows for sure.  Batch 2 or 3?

B3 .. and it looks like none have been available for sale since..
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

I will post photos

Home Depot sells  hvac venting about one hundred bucks will do three or four units.

I will post photos

You definitely need 2 floors between you and the miner.  Mine's in the basement...the back room of the basement and I can hear it all over my first floor, but not on the second floor.
Jump to: