Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 245. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I have found a solution to soundproof.

Home Depot sells  hvac venting about one hundred bucks will do three or four units.

I will post photos

Awesome! Curious as well, if it works well I just might order some S7-lite's (if they create less noise/dB) to have at home.
The regular S7 is just too loud to have in an apartment.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Just curious.. Bought an S7 marked "paid for" on Monday. When should I expect shipment?

Maybe 10 days. No one knows for sure.  Batch 2 or 3?

Activity: 668
Merit: 257
Just curious.. Bought an S7 marked "paid for" on Monday. When should I expect shipment?
Activity: 180

Home Depot sells  hvac venting about one hundred bucks will do three or four units.

I will post photos

I'm curious to see your solution.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Home Depot sells  hvac venting about one hundred bucks will do three or four units.

I will post photos :  photos are on my soundproof thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12831638
And now a question about flashing the new firmware.  I have to be honest, I don't think I've done this since the S1 days which was a simple .bin file to flash them with.  But the new file is a tarball with multiple files in it.  I have tried linking the tar.gz file and it wouldn't take it, then I just untar'd it and tried, still nothing.  The fully uncompressed file has several files in it, so I didn't want to risk just flashing with the .bin file since there's also a script file and a couple of others...

TL:DR - What's the process to flash my S7 with the 600 MHz firmware upgrade?
There is an upgrade tab on n the system section on the web gui.
You browse for file , select it an click flash
I down load the file to my pc first
Very easy.

Ok, yes, I know where the upgrade tab is in the gui, but do I just use the tar.gz file to perform the upgrade?  Maybe the file was corrupted when I downloaded it so it wasn't working.  I'll have to try again when I get home tonight.
Yes just download it from the website with a browser. Tar.gz is the file it uses. Confused me at first too back in the day.
I have a laptop running at the datacenter that I download it to.
Then I can flash them all from the same file.
I use teamviewer to remote control the laptop, very slick product, free for personal use.

Ok, must've been a corrupt file when I downloaded it or didn't give the device enough time to perform the upgrade.  I'll just try it again tonight and leave it alone for 10 minutes to see if the process worked.  But I do have to say these things are freakin' loud!  Like a jet turbine running in my basement!  Happy with the hashrate though and the ability to use Extranonce.subscribe.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
And now a question about flashing the new firmware.  I have to be honest, I don't think I've done this since the S1 days which was a simple .bin file to flash them with.  But the new file is a tarball with multiple files in it.  I have tried linking the tar.gz file and it wouldn't take it, then I just untar'd it and tried, still nothing.  The fully uncompressed file has several files in it, so I didn't want to risk just flashing with the .bin file since there's also a script file and a couple of others...

Very easy.

Ok, yes, I know where the upgrade tab is in the gui, but do I just use the tar.gz file to perform the upgrade?  Maybe the file was corrupted when I downloaded it so it wasn't working.  I'll have to try again when I get home tonight.
Yes just download it from the website with a browser. Tar.gz is the file it uses. Confused me at first too back in the day.
I use teamviewer to remote control the laptop, very slick product, free for personal use.

I have used TeamViewer since my USB miner days, seeing that I would have to do a hard reboot of my computer everyday and it works slick. I also use it while on vacation so I can check on web cam at home to make sure it's all good.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523

Very easy.

Very easy.

Ok, yes, I know where the upgrade tab is in the gui, but do I just use the tar.gz file to perform the upgrade?  Maybe the file was corrupted when I downloaded it so it wasn't working.  I'll have to try again when I get home tonight.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523

Very easy.
And now a question about flashing the new firmware.  I have to be honest, I don't think I've done this since the S1 days which was a simple .bin file to flash them with.  But the new file is a tarball with multiple files in it.  I have tried linking the tar.gz file and it wouldn't take it, then I just untar'd it and tried, still nothing.  The fully uncompressed file has several files in it, so I didn't want to risk just flashing with the .bin file since there's also a script file and a couple of others...

I do not think that now we will see lot of other S7

Well I definitely plan on picking up one more S7 when they have more available.  I want to replace my last S5 and my S3+.
Activity: 798
I do not think that now we will see lot of other S7
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

Interesting read  Wink

At least Mt Gox ain't here to screw the BTC rise...again  Grin

Very true.

Right now the Chinese are hedging before their currency devalues.  It's kind of panic over there at the moment.  So much so, that some are even buying LTC too.  Look at the charts for LTC.

The S7 batch 4 might be a higher price when it comes back out.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
huh ... the bitmain site is down....  They are hashing so hard with our miners that they popped the internet fuse.

Seems to be up to me just tried it.  Although they are out of most of the things on site.  Intersting thing is it shows 330 on BTC price... which is kinda a big deal once they do have a big miner again.

Those who bought at 230 per BTC compared to 330 BTC value.... that is going to make a group of people who ROI much faster as long as they dont raise the prices..

I was actually anticipating quite the rise in bitcoin price.  Hence my reason to buy S7's while they are cheap because I anticipate the price of the rigs remaining the same or up a little in price the next time they come available.

Interesting news regarding the reasoning of price going up even more.  Which can make the price of rigs go up even more or remain the same:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-27/china-margin-debt-hits-8-week-high-japan-pumpsndumps-kyle-bass-fears-looming-em-bank  [You will love these charts for comparison]

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-25/bitcoin-bullion-soar-chinas-creeping-capital-controls-loom

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115462/chinese-policy-makers-are-starting-to-study-and-rediscover-the-bitcoin-industry-huobi?ref=8

Interesting read  Wink

At least Mt Gox ain't here to screw the BTC rise...again  Grin
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
huh ... the bitmain site is down....  They are hashing so hard with our miners that they popped the internet fuse.

Seems to be up to me just tried it.  Although they are out of most of the things on site.  Intersting thing is it shows 330 on BTC price... which is kinda a big deal once they do have a big miner again.

Those who bought at 230 per BTC compared to 330 BTC value.... that is going to make a group of people who ROI much faster as long as they dont raise the prices..

I was actually anticipating quite the rise in bitcoin price.  Hence my reason to buy S7's while they are cheap because I anticipate the price of the rigs remaining the same or up a little in price the next time they come available.

Interesting news regarding the reasoning of price going up even more.  Which can make the price of rigs go up even more or remain the same:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-27/china-margin-debt-hits-8-week-high-japan-pumpsndumps-kyle-bass-fears-looming-em-bank  [You will love these charts for comparison]

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-25/bitcoin-bullion-soar-chinas-creeping-capital-controls-loom

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115462/chinese-policy-makers-are-starting-to-study-and-rediscover-the-bitcoin-industry-huobi?ref=8
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
huh ... the bitmain site is down....  They are hashing so hard with our miners that they popped the internet fuse.

It's working at the moment.  It may have been down earlier for whatever reason but it's up now.
legendary
Activity: 1456
huh ... the bitmain site is down....  They are hashing so hard with our miners that they popped the internet fuse.

Seems to be up to me just tried it.  Although they are out of most of the things on site.  Intersting thing is it shows 330 on BTC price... which is kinda a big deal once they do have a big miner again.

Activity: 277
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
sorry for the question but you feel all honest? bitmain really think that is honest? What you have before your eyes steaks? Who says it can not declare a lower price? so if the value of the miner drops, bitmain keeps the price to $ 1,658 because the customs are that price? do not make me laugh, paying bitcoin can declare just fine $ 350, and second-hand and sell it for the price I want. sure that you are very cute, congratulations, you see that you like you scrub the money,.
certainly when you send him an RMA for a defective part, he tells you to declare $ 15 right? so that bitmain pays nothing.
Wake up and open your eyes,.

I wish I cared for something as much as you care about Bitmain's practice of following export laws. Why are you even posting in this thread? Go find a bridge to crawl under.
Jump to: