Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 247. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I know some of you may say shut up....

but lets share some S7 experience here!!!  (yes good or bad or may be some secret tweaks you made with S7?!?)  Yes, frequency changes, vertically deployed, any customs tools you made for S7, some bug finds, etc (frequency outside of the stock condition will void the warranty)

*Any physical modification may voids the warranty.  (If you are going to break the warranty seal, please ask permission from [email protected] before doing so to avoid the loss of warranty coverage.

*this is not an endorsement to authorize overclocking or underclocking or modified use of S7 to retain warranty.  Any conditions that are listed in the letter included in your package remain in full force...

the policy used by our customers is really painful,
the warranty period of 90 days is too painful.
if hardware is fully functional it does not need all those frequencies and then not use them because they will void your warranty.
the miners who produce are scaresa quality for this date only 90 days warranty.
Sieto only attached to money.
another thing, if a user pays you in BTC have the right to do it to save as much as possible, both in the shipment, especially the customs fees.
what game you're playing?
it seems that people are stupid?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Does the warranty remains If you use one controller multi-S7 unit with long data cables from S5+?

Surely there is a practical side to the Warranty issue? If there is a visible trace to something being done that will void your Warranty. Broken Warranty Seal, then you have voided your Warranty.  Sad

If you have done something that is not visible. Run multiple S7 on a single controller or upped the Frequency and then set it back, you may have voided it but how would Bitmain know?   Lips sealed

That is unless actions are logged like on my GT-R and can then be later examined by Bitmain?

Rich
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Got my two s7's  just now. B3
All configured and running 4.8
Just wanted to note, the middle hash board gas a little bit of looseness in the chassis slot, both of these.
Two outside boards snug.
I believe that was the case with my others.
If you hold the middle board snug and flip over a few times you should be able to detect loose heatsinks.
Off to the datacenter.

Do you immediately install the latest firmware as part of staging?
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Got my two s7's  just now. B3
All configured and running 4.8
Just wanted to note, the middle hash board gas a little bit of looseness in the chassis slot, both of these.
Two outside boards snug.
I believe that was the case with my others.
If you hold the middle board snug and flip over a few times you should be able to detect loose heatsinks.
Off to the datacenter.
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
Well well wellllll ....

It seems that I have a FedEx tracking number for my S7's

Whoot!

Grin
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
typical corporate stuff...do things that are impossible to reconcile (do it/don't do it, discuss, void/not void)..sigh

in video form-I got a few laughs ( although it is a bit long):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

*Any physical modification may voids the warranty.  (If you are going to break the warranty seal, please ask permission from [email protected] before doing so to avoid the loss of warranty coverage.

*this is not an endorsement to authorize overclocking or underclocking or modified use of S7 to retain warranty.  Any conditions that are listed in the letter included in your package remain in full force...

Does the warranty remains If you use one controller multi-S7 unit with long data cables from S5+?

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
at the moment, many are interested in what some brave members have done to S7.  Also, experience so far without modifications.

So you're looking for people to post information about how they have voided their warranties, so other people can void their warranties, forcing them to buy more Bitmain product if something goes wrong.

Got it.
legendary
Activity: 1456
but lets share some S7 experience here!!!  (yes good or bad or may be some secret tweaks you made with S7?!?)  Yes, frequency changes, vertically deployed, any customs tools you made for S7, some bug finds, etc (frequency outside of the stock condition will void the warranty)

Got it. So you're looking to hear back from people that have voided their warranties already...

I'm so glad I quit you, Bitmain.

That is why I asked more questions.  It seemed like a lot the ideas that void warranty. I find it very weird to throw out idea's that some would take voiding warranty.  Tell people tell us how it goes with voiding warranty.... but this is not permission.   Makes 0 sense.

Just like vertical which seems simple.  This was done in most cases with fan screws holding the legs... but we are not suppose to unscrew fan.  Change frequency... but if you over or underclock it voids warranty.  I do not follow the post I hope they remove it personally.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
at the moment, many are interested in what some brave members have done to S7.  Also, experience so far without modifications.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

Got it. So you're looking to hear back from people that have voided their warranties already...

I'm so glad I quit you, Bitmain.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
s7 batch 3 not respond to setting of speeds fan.  brand new...
set to 60% and then confirm when S7 boots up, and the fan runs at 4000 and 3800 rpm. I also tried a restart switched off.
temp is 54 and 52, hash is 4,900 +/-

yes, maybe it is different in batch 3, but my B1 S7 also does not change speed anywhere between 100 and 65%, 60% also not much change, but it starts to relatively rapidly decrease speed starting at 55%. It is not like 65% means 65% of speed. The meaning of these % is not very clear, but it is similar to the fan % on SP20 where 10% does not mean 10% of fan speed.

Here is some information that I have gathered:

Fan Speed             My Findings
                          S5          S7
65% = 4200   
40% = 3600         3000      3120
35% = 3200         2760      2760
30% = 2800                     2520
25% = 2500
20% = 2000
legendary
set to 60% and then confirm when S7 boots up, and the fan runs at 4000 and 3800 rpm. I also tried a restart switched off.

yes, maybe it is different in batch 3, but my B1 S7 also does not change speed anywhere between 100 and 65%, 60% also not much change, but it starts to relatively rapidly decrease speed starting at 55%. It is not like 65% means 65% of speed. The meaning of these % is not very clear, but it is similar to the fan % on SP20 where 10% does not mean 10% of fan speed.
legendary
Activity: 1456

Can you go deeper on what is allowed on frequency change without loosing warranty?  Just want a full explanation here.

A lot of vertical designs on S5 used the fan screws to secure the legs used to hold the miner vertically, are you giving permission to unscrew fan to attach  legs to do vertical mining?
legendary

well, people talk about what is current for them even if it looks like distraction.
BTW, strict warranty conditions are probably censoring posted opinions.

I have a few points:

1. I upgraded the software, but in the end it never went to a page described in the manual. Instead, it went to the system overview page. i thought that it is done, hit reboot, THEN miner disconnected from the gui completely and I feared the worse, but it recovered and reconnected on its own.
Bottom line: update was successful, but did not go as described in the manual
2. after software update it looks like speed is more stable, but approximately 30Gh less on average (after only 2.5 hours) with everything else being equal.

finally, B2 order placed on 10/16 is on the way, but 10/22 order is not yet.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504

I like the built quality, performance and lightness of the later S7s; however, my early B1 was a different story (order date Aug 30). Housing was different, and two of the boards had loose chips that I didn't know. Out of the box only 1 board worked. info@bitmain was quick to respond with my warranty claim, it usually took 24 hours for them to respond. After 3 days of communication I was expecting an email last night about replacement but no email received, so I guess I won't be hashing with three boards any time soon  Sad
Activity: 293
Merit: 250
Activity: 770
Merit: 523

but lets share some S7 experience here!!!  (yes good or bad or may be some secret tweaks you made with S7?!?)  Yes, frequency change (frequency outside of the stock condition will void the warranty)

I'm looking forward to seeing the UPS man today and hooking up my first S7!  That's my experience so far...
upgrade the firmware first thing after you are running.
I have two that will be here in a hour.
After I configure them in my kitchen they are off to the datacenter down the street.
Once they start hashing these babies are loud.
Before I plug anything in
I always flip them over a few times , some of the boards may rattle in the slots and that is ok.
I have never had a loose heatsink so not exactly sure what that sounds like but I'm sure it is
different than a board rattle in a slot of the chassis.
Have had 15 and no problem but I do check and I'm very careful with them like a carton of eggs.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100

but lets share some S7 experience here!!!  (yes good or bad or may be some secret tweaks you made with S7?!?)  Yes, frequency change (frequency outside of the stock condition will void the warranty)

I'm looking forward to seeing the UPS man today and hooking up my first S7!  That's my experience so far...
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510

*Any physical modification may voids the warranty.  (If you are going to break the warranty seal, please ask permission from [email protected] before doing so to avoid the loss of warranty coverage.

Jump to: