Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 248. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
I don't understand why people are bashing BMT so much.  I have been using them since the days of S1.  Bought my S1's, S3's, my upgrade parts for my S1's, S5's, and now my S7.

I have never had issues with them.  One of my S3's stopped working and starting with an email to customer service on a Monday, I received a new replacement by Friday from their Colorado location.  My S1 that was upgraded with their new boards is OC'd and pushing 500 GH/s.

Sucks to be in a country that rapes you with fees to import, since the US doesn't have that.  But I am one of the lucky ones who received hardware with no issues.  If you have issues, they fix it.

A bad experience for a huge portion of the community?  Why would someone say this.  How many people order from them and are pleased?  Again you only see people bitching, you never see people posting that they received their orders and are happy.  5 people bitching about them is not a HUGE part of the community.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Most of the s7 delays are because there are $500k+ customers that vacuumed up all the inventory.
Hard to ship if you don't have product.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
edit: Am I the only person that has noticed this?
This dude's living depends on mining and there is only one hardware provider on the market so he is eager to stick his tongue in BMT's ass as deep as he could as long as they are ready to sell him equipment.
Put him on ignore, anyway there is no useful posts from him.

A bit  of a rude to phrase it.

But this is a problem that has happened to many here live off BTC.  I don't So I can afford to complain.  I did pretty good with Bitmaintech many purchases.  Some good deals.

They are not scammers and in general they are the best there is.

They still do wrong.  They sent me a dead s-1 when s-1's cost 1000 bucks and the photos I posted showed damage 10 minutes after ups delivered it.

They would not cross ship.  I got a replacement from a bigger miner that had 100 on hand.

They also did wrong on the batch 2's with the s-7's
They also did wrong on the batch 1's with the s-3's

But for me they sold me a total of 35 pieces of gear.  1 dud

My batch 1 s-3's still mine at a profit just underclocked a bit.
My batch 1 s-7's came fast.
They sent me a free demo s-5

That is a lot of plus marks.

Am I annoyed over the slow batch 2 s-7 costing me a coin yes.
was I annoyed over the dud s-1  they did not offer a good fix and I was bailed out by minersource-dz co-op.  yes that was bad.
did the slow s-3 batch 1 piss me off yes.

so they made 3 mistakes with me they gave good compensation with the s-3 and the s-3's are making money for me as I type. They are the longest running gear I ever owned.

they never did help me with the s-1

and maybe they will shoot a coupon on the s-7 batch 2

But here is the deal  they  are the best seller for the small guy.  

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
This dude's living depends on mining and there is only one hardware provider on the market so he is eager to stick his tongue in BMT's ass as deep as he could as long as they are ready to sell him equipment.

I do not agree with you.

I also believe that,

Dmwardjr is a decent intelligent man that has helped many folks in this forum.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
It's good to hear you had a pleasant experience with BMT.  I ordered Batch #1 on September 3, 2015 and received it on October 16, 2015.  It was 4 days past the deadline.  You just happen to order at a good time.  

As for my order; yes, it was late.  Do I feel it was a scam?  HELL NO!!!  Do I feel like I was treated fairly?  Yes!  Do I feel like the compensation to come is fair?  Yes!  Others with less power cost or no power cost may not agree.  So, BMT did an "average" for compensation.  Was it a scam?  HELL NO!!!  

Have some received equipment with heatsinks out of position and actually causing some rigs to burn up?  Yes.  Did they get satisfactory response to resolve the issue?  I would say more than likely, YES!!!  Is this a perfect world with perfect people and perfect government with perfect corporations?  No!  Do some governments and corporations take advantage of people?  Yes.  Do I think BMT took advantage of those it sold S7's to?  HELL NO!!!

Do I think BMT learned from the issues that developed during this episode with the S7's?  Yes.  Will they learn from this episode?  Yes.  Will something like this happen again?  Probably not.  Will something else come up in the future with other models yet to come on the market?  Possibly... It's not a perfect world.  Will they offer a means of correcting a potential issue in the future?  I would say, YES!!!

BMT has been a good company and just as loyal to the home/small farm/large farm miner than any other manufacturer out there.  I believe you were in good hands when you placed your order with them.  I'm happy this forum has been informative to you and I want to welcome you to the fold.

Happy mining, reinaldo, and may the blocks be with you!

David

Do you review BMT products or have any association with BMT? I have lurked here for a long time and have noticed a shill like stance you take with regards to BMT in general on any response regarding BMT "the company". I know that BMT is the only real game in town at this point, but some of your perspectives and comments almost have a "customer service" feel to them.

There are examples of s7's catching on fire, late shipping, poor communication and generally a really bad experience for a HUGE!!! (see what I did there) portion of the community with BMT, but you always seem to find a positive spin.

I have nine s7's online and have been involved in bitcoin since 2010, granted I am a lurker. So I apologize if my query comes across as jaded, but no one I know IRL would defend BMT in this manner that wasn't being paid by them.

Ufo

Dmwardjr is a decent intelligent man that has helped many folks in this forum.
I am privileged to call him my friend.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Could someone with proper english skills create a new thread for "S7 tweaking/settings"?
This thread is flooded and hard to follow!

Thanks <3

MY english is meh but I have three threads that have good info.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/my-bitmaintech-s-7-underpreforms-at-freq-600-freq-550-not-freq-500-fixed-1196671

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/s7-controller-has-nine-18-pin-jacks-so-what-can-we-do-with-it-1173573

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-sound-proof-a-pair-of-s-7-miners-1188217

two units on one controller fans at 55% freq at 568  power used is 9.9amps at 240volts

legendary
Take a poll

How many pages would this thread really be if all posts were on topic?

Im guilty too.  Cheesy

It should start with the corrections  of the thread title .

ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH

is not available, sold out.
Activity: 751
Merit: 253
Take a poll

How many pages would this thread really be if all posts were on topic?

Im guilty too.  Cheesy
Activity: 140
Could someone with proper english skills create a new thread for "S7 tweaking/settings"?
This thread is flooded and hard to follow!

Thanks <3
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Take a POLL who knows what a 'pole' is, ask if 2 or 3 are better... Wink  think about hiring a licensed electrician.

I had this drama with the lady I was talking to from the energy company the other week when we lost one of the phases to our house. She thought I was talking about power line poles... It took a while.
Activity: 751
Merit: 253
wooo hoooo
oct 21 order shipped (batch 3),  Thank You

When can I order more?

You also said, "...bitmain has a duty to save the end user on the shipping and customs charges."  Spoken like a true progressive.  You have gotten so used to a government taking care of your ass that you now want someone else to take care of you.  Having a government take care of you can get expensive as hell, can't it?  Those type of policies are what's bankrupting the world and why so many are beginning to flock to gold, silver and bitcoin.

Thank you.

You and I will get along just fine.
Activity: 140
It's good and in some ways handy that you can achieve a higher hash rate with a higher temperature. However it's counter intuitive and usually I would expect an electronic component to perform better at a lower temperature. Have we seen this phenomenon before or does anyone have a theory as to why it is happening?

Rich
No theory on how/why, but its the same with the S1's IMO.
legendary
S5 is really not stable and easily damaged.
8 pcs of mmy S5 only 4.5 pcs alive now.

I wrote from S5+ , not S5

9 blade, 7,7TH/s Three separate housing with one controller.

My S5 are all repaired with warranty time.
ANTMINER S5 BATCH 1 × 12
ANTMINER S5 BATCH 4 × 3
ANTMINER S5 BATCH 5 × 20

Total exchanged with warranty 7x S5 different parts.
2 not working  hashing boards  , 1 x temp 0  working board
some controller with not working leds...

From 35 x  S5 miner is not bad result
Hello to you all.
Received my ANT7 Batch 1 yesterday.
Also received the PSU from Bitmain.

Yesterday i pluged everything, configured and "voilá"... it was mining...

Everything OK by 2 hours... after that the unit started to beep.. i needed to poert it off.
Connected again... and once again it was mining.

After 2 hours the some problem... the mining decrese to almost 0, the unit started gain to beeb.
Power off and power down again
The unit beeps again and again... works for 3 to 4 minuts until it stops mining

From 21PM yesterday the unit is producing ZERO... its beeping almost shure (i'm in home, and the unit in in my office).
The ANT7 is connected to a swhitch and then the switch is connected to a router.

Im a newbie, and i thought this was power on and let go... i see its more complicated for a 2500€ machine. Angry
Is there any troubleshotting guide?
Help is needed.

I had a similar problem. I made sure that I powered the hashing boards first, then controller... then did a manual reboot in the system settings.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
It's good and in some ways handy that you can achieve a higher hash rate with a higher temperature. However it's counter intuitive and usually I would expect an electronic component to perform better at a lower temperature. Have we seen this phenomenon before or does anyone have a theory as to why it is happening?

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
Tested the higher fan less error theory and is 100% true!

Standard operation: ~4.810gh, errors around 0.01%, temps up to ~50
Low fan operation: ~4890gh, error ~0.005%, temps up to 70

Now i'm around 65C with 4840gh Grin

Eventually everyone will give in and try the lower fan settings and higher temp; then curse themselves for not trying it sooner.   Grin
Activity: 71
Hi
   Any one know when bitmain will sell S7 again?
I need more~
Activity: 71
A few other notes to the somewhat topical posts on the thread.

trying not to tl:dr

No disrespect to those trying to share information, but things become clouded.

Bitmain sells us hardware.  This is currently the best and most power efficient hardware 'available'.
They are shipping units, they had some hicccups, communication is poor, however they have NOT shut us out like ALL other HW manufacturers at this time, I look forward to Avalon offerings and whatever SP might allow us access to...

-----

YES, 220v/240v is better IF you have SAFE and ECONOMICAL access to it.

YES, most domestic U.S. houses are 'split phase' with two 'legs' of 110v/120v power on each LEG, and can achieve 220v/240v power by utilizing both legs.

Take a POLL who knows what a 'pole' is, ask if 2 or 3 are better... Wink  think about hiring a licensed electrician.

110v/120v will wake you up and make you think twice about what you're wiring.
220v/240v can KILL you and you will NOT wake up.

TOO many posts with conflict over confused information regarding electrical

PLEASE, PLEASE do NOT try to run 220/240 equipment by bonding two 120v circuits at the remote end!  I saw this suggested and elaborated upon.  Your overcurrent devices (breakers) need to be tied in order for this to even be remotely safe, and if you do not understand this, I will reiterate:

Hire a licensed electrician if you must get more power to your mining location.

I do not want to see any of our mining brethren pass away from avoidable mistakes!

A few satoshi is not worth anyone's life!

Jump to: