Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 249. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Scammed no.
Screwed  yes.

Scammed  would mean they never sent a thing or none of it worked.

Some worked  some did not.  And we all know that they do not have good rma.  So I would say your were shortchanged or overcharged but not scammed.

I am disappointed with my batch 2 delivery of the s-7  and I feel I along with quite a few others have been overcharged or shortchanged.  About 1 btc.  Most likely it is lost.  My best hope is Avalon has a decent model 6.  Or hell coins go to 1000 and I sell off some.

I still feel scammed,  because last miner  "old first model" with galvanized metal housing  arrived DOA , with broken fan and damaged boards.

They refused to send me a UPS shipping label so I paid total 300 euro for shipping blades back (total 3 times)
They refused to give me S7 coupons to compensate for the cost of shipping.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I don't know why, but my post got deleted...  Maybe because it said something about various pool luck?!

Anyways

Updated all miners to the new firmware and am happy to report all running perfectly, with perhaps slightly less variance in reported hash rate over the last 48 hours...  All hashing at 4.86 or better

And, one of these is a rockstar...

HW   0.0009%

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
I hope someday jumps off a serious company, which has for its product at least 1 year warranty, that the material they use to build miner will be made of a material good, good customer service, to assist RMA, which steal their customers, so as to wipe off the market bitmain.servizio poor, high prices miner, high shipping prices, poor material, customer service is slow insodisfacente, material guarantee 90 days (too short).
in short, I am now aware of the criticisms of many people who lick the ass bitmain, but I do not care that much, this is my thought on bitmain.
especially the service charge, if a user pays in bitcoin, bitmain has a duty to save the end user on the shipping and customs charges Angry Angry

Spoken like a TRUE round brown who has power cost of 38 cents per kWH and a government who taxes out the ass for an S7.  You're just jealous of everyone else buying hardware from BTM and trying to mess it up for everyone else out of pure jealousy.  

Sure, you can TRY to screw it up for everyone else with your crying and bitching cause you cannot afford to mine with your high power costs and taxes.  If you want to bitch about being priced out of it, you're bitching in the wrong direction.  You need to bitch at your power company and your government for pricing you out of the playing field instead of licking their round brown.

I don't know of any manufacturer who ever gave a 1 year warranty.  Hell, back in the day, your setup was fortunate to last a year without the difficulty forcing you to upgrade.

There are plenty on here who support BTM simply by the very fact they have purchased their rigs and continue to purchase.  You are basically implying that everyone here who buys a rig from bitmain is licking their round brown.  You're just a little squirrel in the world trying to get a nut off of messing it up for everyone else out of jealousy.

Just letting you know... It's not working here, squirrel.

You read my post and THOUGHT you found an opportunity to take a poke at BITMAIN to TRY to tear them down while also TRYING to tear down a business relationship many of us have with BITMAIN by continuing to buy their equipment.  Yet the only thing you accomplished by your crying and bitching about BMT is revealing your true self.  If you want to take a poke at someone, why not take a poke at your tyrannical government who is taxing you out the game?

You also said, "...bitmain has a duty to save the end user on the shipping and customs charges."  Spoken like a true progressive.  You have gotten so used to a government taking care of your ass that you now want someone else to take care of you.  Having a government take care of you can get expensive as hell, can't it?  Those type of policies are what's bankrupting the world and why so many are beginning to flock to gold, silver and bitcoin.

If you want free shipping, BTM or anyone else can simply include the shipping in the price and say "free shipping."  The real issue is your progressive government making you pay $366 in taxes and customs; as well as your power company charging you $0.38 cents per kWH because their government regulates the hell out of them and passes the cost down to you.  Go bitch at them instead of BTM.

Below is an example of why you should point your bitching towards your power company:

I made calculations, $ 1,658 + $ 54 shipping + $ 366 taxes customs Italy
Total = $ 2,078
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm talking about only one miner S7

That $366 tax in customs is possibly a deal breaker.  I'm curious, how much is your power costs converted into U.S. Dollars (USD)?

Italian electricity and 38 cents kW

This next one is why you should point your bitching towards your government:

I made calculations, $ 1,658 + $ 54 shipping + $ 366 taxes customs Italy
Total = $ 2,078
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm talking about only one miner S7
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I hope someday jumps off a serious company, which has for its product at least 1 year warranty, that the material they use to build miner will be made of a material good, good customer service, to assist RMA, which steal their customers, so as to wipe off the market bitmain.servizio poor, high prices miner, high shipping prices, poor material, customer service is slow insodisfacente, material guarantee 90 days (too short).
in short, I am now aware of the criticisms of many people who lick the ass bitmain, but I do not care that much, this is my thought on bitmain.
especially the service charge, if a user pays in bitcoin, bitmain has a duty to save the end user on the shipping and customs charges Angry Angry
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Hello.

I'm a newbie here. I have been trying to learn a lot on the bitcoin mining world. I wanted to buy miner since GPU times, but never did. I have been following bitmaintech's products but never bought one until S7 B2.

Yes, I finally bought an S7 B2 from BMT and I wanted to add my two cents by saying it was shipped today.

My order was made on Oct 15th with a confirmed payment just less than an hour after my order was placed. And I received an email today from them (say 10h ago) saying my order was shipped with tracking number. I logged in on my BMT account and my order was updated with tracking # and I can check tracking # on dhl website. Everything seems to be right so far. As a note, they shipped two packages as they updated my shipping info with two tracking numbers. I ordered an S7 B2 and one 1600W PSU from them. That's all I ordered and this is my very first time buying bitcoin miners.

Main outlet voltage here is 120V but I can get 240V from the two 120V phases. I think I can do it with an electrician and also thanks to all the help a lot of you have been providing on this thread. Thank you so much!!!

I will be reading dogie guides to make the proper setup to the miner but if I have any question I'll let you know as this is my first time doing this.

Thank you again.

It's good to hear you had a pleasant experience with BMT.  I ordered Batch #1 on September 3, 2015 and received it on October 16, 2015.  It was 4 days past the deadline.  You just happen to order at a good time. 

As for my order; yes, it was late.  Do I feel it was a scam?  HELL NO!!!  Do I feel like I was treated fairly?  Yes!  Do I feel like the compensation to come is fair?  Yes!  Others with less power cost or no power cost may not agree.  So, BMT did an "average" for compensation.  Was it a scam?  HELL NO!!! 

Have some received equipment with heatsinks out of position and actually causing some rigs to burn up?  Yes.  Did they get satisfactory response to resolve the issue?  I would say more than likely, YES!!!  Is this a perfect world with perfect people and perfect government with perfect corporations?  No!  Do some governments and corporations take advantage of people?  Yes.  Do I think BMT took advantage of those it sold S7's to?  HELL NO!!!

Do I think BMT learned from the issues that developed during this episode with the S7's?  Yes.  Will they learn from this episode?  Yes.  Will something like this happen again?  Probably not.  Will something else come up in the future with other models yet to come on the market?  Possibly... It's not a perfect world.  Will they offer a means of correcting a potential issue in the future?  I would say, YES!!!

BMT has been a good company and just as loyal to the home/small farm/large farm miner than any other manufacturer out there.  I believe you were in good hands when you placed your order with them.  I'm happy this forum has been informative to you and I want to welcome you to the fold.

Happy mining, reinaldo, and may the blocks be with you!

David

Thanks for welcoming me!

Yes, I also thought I made the order at a good time. Luck for me!!!

I've heard BMT is a good company and at this moment I better buy from them. Too bad B1 was delayed a lot of time, but as you said, it's not a perfect world. Yet I have to accept if that would have happened to me I would be very disappointed and pissed off, so I think I can understand a lot of people frustration about this.

As you said... I hope they learn from this and try to prevent these situations.

I'm not taking my shipment as a complete winning yet. I know I also need to wait for the miner to hash at the rate is supposed to, so I need to be wished good luck yet.

Anyway, thanks for replying and may the blocks be with you LOL ( I loved that saying when I read it from you several days ago here, LOL)

Bye

Reinaldo.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Do you review BMT products or have any association with BMT? I have lurked here for a long time and have noticed a shill like stance you take with regards to BMT in general on any response regarding BMT "the company". I know that BMT is the only real game in town at this point, but some of your perspectives and comments almost have a "customer service" feel to them.

There are examples of s7's catching on fire, late shipping, poor communication and generally a really bad experience for a HUGE!!! (see what I did there) portion of the community with BMT, but you always seem to find a positive spin.

I have nine s7's online and have been involved in bitcoin since 2010, granted I am a lurker. So I apologize if my query comes across as jaded, but no one I know IRL would defend BMT in this manner that wasn't being paid by them.

Ufo

edit: Am I the only person that has noticed this?

Hi UfoRia,

LOL...

No, I'm not a reviewer of BMT products.  I'm not a reviewer of any products except for two manufacturers of meters designed for technicians in the telephone industry.  I'm just a simple business man from Alabama.  ROLL TIDE.

Yes, BMT has messed up.  However, does beating them over the head actually "solve" anything?  Seriously... Does it?  BMT, messed up and trust me... they KNOW they messed up; period.  But all of this disrespectful tone does not build business relationships.  It only breaks them down.  It only potentially damages future business.  If some wish to write them off, discontinue mining and speak ill of them knowing they will never do business with them again, so be it.  Does that type of behavior potentially harm possible amends in a business relationship with BMT for the rest of us in the future?  YES, IT DOES!  And I don't appreciate it!

I'm a business man.  I own my own business training telephone technicians.  If a manufacturer of a meter messed up with the shipment of a meter to a customer of mine and the meter was full of software bugs [This actually happened twice with two different companies]; the meters were also shipped late on top of that; this disappointed me.  This didn't wear well on my reputation with the telephone companies when I told them what meter I would buy personally.  Instead of cursing out the manufacturer and potentially end the relationship we had FOR BOTH OF US TO MAKE MONEY, I simply told them the software bugs that needed to be fixed and they gave the telephone companies a discount off of the order as well as a discount off a future order of the same quantity with no expiration date.

I'm all about making money and building business relationships.  That's just me.  Would you want someone to curse you out and try to make a public mockery of your name if you had messed up?  OR  Would you want them to be patient, respectful and potentially help you get out of the mess up you created.  Basically, try to be the better person in all dealings with people and/or with businesses.  You gain more respect and it encourages partnerships that can last.  There has been too much tearing down lately.  I want to see some lifting up.

If I'm to be ridiculed or disrespected because of my "opinion," so be it.  I'm not saying you are being this way because you are not.  I just know how I do business and handle business cause I've learned from doing business since 1997.  If someone wants to say, "you're just kissing ass."  So be it, that's their opinion.  However, I think it's dishonorable and shameful if someone were to say that.  

I look at this as a business and I'm all about making money.  It's that simple.  I just don't think it's profitable to either party for one to ridicule the other publicly.  It's that simple.  If there are complaints and one wants to display the complaint to inform others, I think they can do so without the public humiliation.  It just doesn't solve anything.  It does not build business relationships and it certainly does not profit either party.

Again, all of this was my opinion.  Anyone can take it how they like.  People can write me off if they don't like my opinion.  [It's a shame if they do.]  Why?  Because it discourages reasoning among one another in an effort to build relationships that benefit both parties.

Cheers,

David
legendary
Activity: 1596
Stockholm syndrome. 
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Tested the higher fan less error theory and is 100% true!

Standard operation: ~4.810gh, errors around 0.01%, temps up to ~50
Low fan operation: ~4890gh, error ~0.005%, temps up to 70

Now i'm around 65C with 4840gh Grin
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
It's good to hear you had a pleasant experience with BMT.  I ordered Batch #1 on September 3, 2015 and received it on October 16, 2015.  It was 4 days past the deadline.  You just happen to order at a good time.  

As for my order; yes, it was late.  Do I feel it was a scam?  HELL NO!!!  Do I feel like I was treated fairly?  Yes!  Do I feel like the compensation to come is fair?  Yes!  Others with less power cost or no power cost may not agree.  So, BMT did an "average" for compensation.  Was it a scam?  HELL NO!!!  

Have some received equipment with heatsinks out of position and actually causing some rigs to burn up?  Yes.  Did they get satisfactory response to resolve the issue?  I would say more than likely, YES!!!  Is this a perfect world with perfect people and perfect government with perfect corporations?  No!  Do some governments and corporations take advantage of people?  Yes.  Do I think BMT took advantage of those it sold S7's to?  HELL NO!!!

Do I think BMT learned from the issues that developed during this episode with the S7's?  Yes.  Will they learn from this episode?  Yes.  Will something like this happen again?  Probably not.  Will something else come up in the future with other models yet to come on the market?  Possibly... It's not a perfect world.  Will they offer a means of correcting a potential issue in the future?  I would say, YES!!!

BMT has been a good company and just as loyal to the home/small farm/large farm miner than any other manufacturer out there.  I believe you were in good hands when you placed your order with them.  I'm happy this forum has been informative to you and I want to welcome you to the fold.

David

Do you review BMT products or have any association with BMT? I have lurked here for a long time and have noticed a shill like stance you take with regards to BMT in general on any response regarding BMT "the company". I know that BMT is the only real game in town at this point, but some of your perspectives and comments almost have a "customer service" feel to them.

There are examples of s7's catching on fire, late shipping, poor communication and generally a really bad experience for a HUGE!!! (see what I did there) portion of the community with BMT, but you always seem to find a positive spin.

I have nine s7's online and have been involved in bitcoin since 2010, granted I am a lurker. So I apologize if my query comes across as jaded, but no one I know IRL would defend BMT in this manner that wasn't being paid by them.

Ufo

edit: Am I the only person that has noticed this?
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Hello.

I'm a newbie here. I have been trying to learn a lot on the bitcoin mining world. I wanted to buy miner since GPU times, but never did. I have been following bitmaintech's products but never bought one until S7 B2.

Yes, I finally bought an S7 B2 from BMT and I wanted to add my two cents by saying it was shipped today.

My order was made on Oct 15th with a confirmed payment just less than an hour after my order was placed. And I received an email today from them (say 10h ago) saying my order was shipped with tracking number. I logged in on my BMT account and my order was updated with tracking # and I can check tracking # on dhl website. Everything seems to be right so far. As a note, they shipped two packages as they updated my shipping info with two tracking numbers. I ordered an S7 B2 and one 1600W PSU from them. That's all I ordered and this is my very first time buying bitcoin miners.

Main outlet voltage here is 120V but I can get 240V from the two 120V phases. I think I can do it with an electrician and also thanks to all the help a lot of you have been providing on this thread. Thank you so much!!!

I will be reading dogie guides to make the proper setup to the miner but if I have any question I'll let you know as this is my first time doing this.

Thank you again.

It's good to hear you had a pleasant experience with BMT.  I ordered Batch #1 on September 3, 2015 and received it on October 16, 2015.  It was 4 days past the deadline.  You just happen to order at a good time. 

As for my order; yes, it was late.  Do I feel it was a scam?  HELL NO!!!  Do I feel like I was treated fairly?  Yes!  Do I feel like the compensation to come is fair?  Yes!  Others with less power cost or no power cost may not agree.  So, BMT did an "average" for compensation.  Was it a scam?  HELL NO!!! 

Have some received equipment with heatsinks out of position and actually causing some rigs to burn up?  Yes.  Did they get satisfactory response to resolve the issue?  I would say more than likely, YES!!!  Is this a perfect world with perfect people and perfect government with perfect corporations?  No!  Do some governments and corporations take advantage of people?  Yes.  Do I think BMT took advantage of those it sold S7's to?  HELL NO!!!

Do I think BMT learned from the issues that developed during this episode with the S7's?  Yes.  Will they learn from this episode?  Yes.  Will something like this happen again?  Probably not.  Will something else come up in the future with other models yet to come on the market?  Possibly... It's not a perfect world.  Will they offer a means of correcting a potential issue in the future?  I would say, YES!!!

BMT has been a good company and just as loyal to the home/small farm/large farm miner than any other manufacturer out there.  I believe you were in good hands when you placed your order with them.  I'm happy this forum has been informative to you and I want to welcome you to the fold.

David

legendary
Activity: 1456
I like your optimism in ordering ~10 S7 or ~20K worth in one "gulp".
Apart from it being a business, i don't see the need.  
I can always buy the coin and for fun 1,2 machines are just fine.

S7 gets better every time and with every shipping.

My first two were underperformed, with high HV rate. (Pictures sent for warranty)
Two weeks after this  two , I had a more better 2 x S7 with 600 stickers.

After that 8 x S7 and all are 4,8TH/s or better. No stickers.
11 are already on the way.
8 not shipped yet.
  So I am optimistic,  but still not satisfied with S5+ boards  build quality. Only one out of three is not needed for repairs.
I still think that with S5+ I got scammed with Bitmain China poor Guarantee service.

Scammed no.
Screwed  yes.

Some worked  some did not.  And we all know that they do not have good rma.  So I would say your were shortchanged or overcharged but not scammed.

I am disappointed with my batch 2 delivery of the s-7  and I feel I along with quite a few others have been overcharged or shortchanged.  About 1 btc.  Most likely it is lost.  My best hope is Avalon has a decent model 6.  Or hell coins go to 1000 and I sell off some.

Part of it is luck to.   Like Tupsu had a horrible experience with S5+ .  I have documented my journy with mine and could not be happier - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hands-on-bitmain-antminer-s5-notlist3d-1157426

Same comes to shipping on this some seem to be much luckier on S7 shipping then others.   Is that right.... no not really.  But is it a scam... I would agree no.

Just like compensation was so low right.... no.  But was it well within their judgement right to make... yes.  So some things are done right but results are not fun for customer.
Activity: 15
Hello.

Thank you again.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
S5 is really not stable and easily damaged.
8 pcs of mmy S5 only 4.5 pcs alive now.

My first two were underperformed, with high HV rate. (Pictures sent for warranty)

8 not shipped yet.
  So I am optimistic,  but still not satisfied with S5+ boards  build quality. Only one out of three is not needed for repairs.
I still think that with S5+ I got scammed with Bitmain China poor Guarantee service.

Activity: 429
Merit: 250
have 2 S7s working fine with pcfli. Got my S7 batch 2 today set at 575. Been hashing away for last 4 hours at 4.7 consistently. Pretty happy so far!
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

8 not shipped yet.

Scammed no.
Screwed  yes.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Second thought about temperature and hashrate:

Seems day/night doesn't really matter, at least not yet.
legendary
Activity: 1456
OK, another stupid question from someone who is getting his S7 delivered tomorrow.  Since I will be using separate power supplies for the hash boards, is there any concern about overheating while turning them on one at a time with the control board psu being the last one to turn on?

I'm just curious since the worry about 'internet connection' issues and fans not cooling, when they're initially powered up is that any concern?

not a concern re overheating initially as it would take it a minute or so to situate itself on your network and then hashing will build up slowly (don't expect it to jump to to 4.86 in few seconds). Wait at least 1 hr before reaching any conclusion where your miner is operating as far as speed is concerned and if high errors is seen, try soft reboot in gui (I believe that it is in system pane).

I think that you are precisely correct when you say, "turning them on one at a time with the control board psu being the last one to turn on."  I have quite a few S7s now and have several powered by 3 power supplies and followed the power on procedure that you noted without any problems.

How many watt PSU per board do you use - all 3 the same or more on the controller board?

They made a huge deal about hashing board's first.  The biggest one was on S5+ they shipped me letter even with it among a ton of other warnings.

I have lost power just a few times and every time it comes back on no issues.  I am using bitmain PSU's on it.  But I think they were over cautious on this to do that.  They have warranty so tight if you do anything it voids warranty. I suspect it was for voiding warranty's on added items.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
OK, another stupid question from someone who is getting his S7 delivered tomorrow.  Since I will be using separate power supplies for the hash boards, is there any concern about overheating while turning them on one at a time with the control board psu being the last one to turn on?

I'm just curious since the worry about 'internet connection' issues and fans not cooling, when they're initially powered up is that any concern?

not a concern re overheating initially as it would take it a minute or so to situate itself on your network and then hashing will build up slowly (don't expect it to jump to to 4.86 in few seconds). Wait at least 1 hr before reaching any conclusion where your miner is operating as far as speed is concerned and if high errors is seen, try soft reboot in gui (I believe that it is in system pane).

I think that you are precisely correct when you say, "turning them on one at a time with the control board psu being the last one to turn on."  I have quite a few S7s now and have several powered by 3 power supplies and followed the power on procedure that you noted without any problems.

How many watt PSU per board do you use - all 3 the same or more on the controller board?

Each blade [Or board] is approximately 377 watts per board at 600 MHz clocking.  I could be wrong but I believe this is correct.  The Controller is approximately 40 watts.

Don't forget the fans at 15 watts to 25 watts each {depending on the RPM's}.  This is based on 93% efficiency at the wall.
Activity: 4

I think that you are precisely correct when you say, "turning them on one at a time with the control board psu being the last one to turn on."  I have quite a few S7s now and have several powered by 3 power supplies and followed the power on procedure that you noted without any problems.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

8 not shipped yet.
Jump to: