Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 267. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
I am disappointed with the lack of respect shown to me in this case.

Really? Bitmain has generally shown a lack of respect to everyone. Why would you expect your experience to be different?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Wolfen, your rig found 15 altcoin blocks on nicehash, not bitcoin blocks.

I managed to sneak an order in yesterday while B3 was going in and out of stock for a while. This morning I took a look, and the order status is "Expired". Has this happened to anyone else? I Just sent bitmain an email so they can look into it.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

Your mistake was thinking Bitmain gives a shit about small-time people like you and I Sad

They've gone into full-on profiteering mode, and fuck you if you're the little guy.

Nice folks over there.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Has anyone received any B2 yet? Oct 25 is the end of the shipping window.(today)
Another ten days and we are at November 5. Then the B2/B3 comp starts.
Activity: 407
Merit: 255
Weird. The S7 I order later is arriving earlier according to FedEx. The S7 I order earlier is arriving later.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
dmwardjr,
what is your pool(s) of choice sir?
For me nicehash, f2pool, antpool

My apologies for the delay.  I've been chatting on tradingview.com

I have mine set up in the following order:

Slush
Kano
Antpool

I know Kano pool is not the best choice with it being N500 for the occasional drop in if Slush drops.  But something is better than nothing.  Also, antpool's luck has been terrible as of late.

I would have Kano first if more miners would point there rigs over there.  But, it's not happening for whatever reason.  With it being at N500 may very well be the reason.  Not quite sure.

Slush stats:

114% for the Day (last 24 hours) [8 blocks thus far today]

105% for the Week

101% for the Month
Thanks for the info.
Have not tried Kano yet. Will probably give it a spin.
I have one miner that has found 15 blocks in 1d 9h going against nicehash. Too bad have to share.

Mine currently are
Nicehash USA
Nicehash Europe
F2pool

That miner is officially a super miner.

I've been up ALL NIGHT...  It is now 8:26am Central Time..  I must get some shut eye.  Probably will not get up until later this afternoon.

Have a good day, all...
dmwardjr,

Slush
Kano
Antpool

I know Kano pool is not the best choice with it being N500 for the occasional drop in if Slush drops.  But something is better than nothing.  Also, antpool's luck has been terrible as of late.

I would have Kano first if more miners would point there rigs over there.  But, it's not happening for whatever reason.  With it being at N500 may very well be the reason.  Not quite sure.

Slush stats:

105% for the Week

101% for the Month
Thanks for the info.
Have not tried Kano yet. Will probably give it a spin.
I have one miner that has found 15 blocks in 1d 9h going against nicehash. Too bad have to share.

Mine currently are
Nicehash USA
Nicehash Europe
F2pool
Activity: 798
dmwardjr,

Slush
Kano
Antpool

I would have Kano first if more miners would point there rigs over there.  But, it's not happening for whatever reason.

the fault is ours, which all go swimming on Chinese as antpool, f2pool, just us we give the power to them, everyone should change pool
Still waiting on my order.

Put in a batch 2 order on the 29th of sept  

I got pillaged by them on this.

I had 2 batch ones and they went from 4850 to 4400.  So I delayed the batch 2 order.

I spent 2 days fixing the error.  Posted a detailed fix on site that helped dozens of miners with the issue.

I asked them to give me back my coupon on the batch 2 as the order was not paid.  I wanted to switch to batch three.

They said no they won't issue a new coupon.

But that I could buy the batch 2.

I did.  They have not shipped the batch 2 and have shipped dozens of batch 3's out.

To make things worse coins shifted.  So I could have had a batch 3 cheaper then I paid the batch 2.

So I lost over .9btc on the price shift  and  they have yet to ship.

All because I spent the time to fix my gear and post a how to.

For the rest of us.  I don't mind the price shift it happens.  I do mind they refused to issue a replacement coupon that would have allow me to switch to batch three.

Now to be fair they did give me a review s-5 last year. So I  guess its a push.

bitmain thinks only his business, I do not like his politics with clients, if I pay in bitcoin not have to pay shipping, and must declare the price lower customs.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
dmwardjr,

Slush
Kano
Antpool

Slush stats:

105% for the Week

101% for the Month
I have to find a way to pay much less tax customs
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Still waiting on my order.

Put in a batch 2 order on the 29th of sept  

I got pillaged by them on this.

I had 2 batch ones and they went from 4850 to 4400.  So I delayed the batch 2 order.

I spent 2 days fixing the error.  Posted a detailed fix on site that helped dozens of miners with the issue.

I asked them to give me back my coupon on the batch 2 as the order was not paid.  I wanted to switch to batch three.

They said no they won't issue a new coupon.

But that I could buy the batch 2.

I did.  They have not shipped the batch 2 and have shipped dozens of batch 3's out.

To make things worse coins shifted.  So I could have had a batch 3 cheaper then I paid the batch 2.

So I lost over .9btc on the price shift  and  they have yet to ship.

All because I spent the time to fix my gear and post a how to.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/my-bitmaintech-s-7-underpreforms-at-freq-600-freq-550-not-freq-500-fixed-1196671

For the rest of us.  I don't mind the price shift it happens.  I do mind they refused to issue a replacement coupon that would have allow me to switch to batch three.

Now to be fair they did give me a review s-5 last year. So I  guess its a push.

luckily my brain is always working, and electricity do not pay
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Italy a beautiful country? jajajajaja Italy and a shit country
legendary
Activity: 1456
I made calculations, $ 1,658 + $ 54 shipping + $ 366 taxes customs Italy
Total = $ 2,078
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm talking about only one miner S7

That $366 tax in customs is possibly a deal breaker.  I'm curious, how much is your power costs converted into U.S. Dollars (USD)?

Italian electricity and 38 cents kW

That is really high.  As some have said not all places are meant for bitcoin mining the electricity price alone kills mining.

You could pick a datacenter but I know that is not as fun.  But you do have a beautiful country... so not all bad.
Total = $ 2,078

That $366 tax in customs is possibly a deal breaker.  I'm curious, how much is your power costs converted into U.S. Dollars (USD)?

Italian electricity and 38 cents kW
dmwardjr,
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Total = $ 2,078

Total = $ 2,078

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Sounds like they may be releasing it to compete with the Avalon6 that is suppose to come in at 3.5 Th and $310/Th.  Specs can be found here:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon6

3.65@1100w at the wall?

I'll take the S7's 4.86@1185w measured at my wall

If we do the math at 1100 watts divided by 3500 GH/s [It did say +/- 10%], that comes to 0.314 watts per GH/s verses the 0.25 watts per GH/s of the S7.

I plugged in the numbers at $0.1/kwh and the numbers are almost identical between Batch3 and this one (289 vs 283days to profitability), so it is a coin toss, but BMT might jump ahead in profitability with batch 4 (if it is 3.5TH, 900W and $1000 before shipping)

I personally believe more "true" S7's we become available soon.  They have no problem at all selling them.  The S7 is a prime piece of hardware!  They might also create another one with lower hash rate.  However, I believe the S7 is here to stay for a while.  It may very well go into 20 batches at a minimum.

Agreed, and even the BW offering, WERE it available, is not super compelling given the likely timeframe for delivery.  The pre-order is $80k and that's a little rich when dealing with an unknown company.  I had high hopes for the SP50 when announced, but no further information to us 'home' miners.

With all due respect to those in the thread who are either still waiting on miners, or having problems, these are excellent machines, and I wish we had purchased enough to replace all units in our farms on day one instead of waiting on delayed shipments and now uncertain if more true S7's will become available for sale.

well, apparently, we had a word from a hosting fella who just put an order for 3ph worth of competitor's machines, which is a nice chunk of change.
however, i am sure that BMT will have a nice comeback, but they WILL have to cut the premium on prices somewhat hence the 3.5Th/~$1000 prediction.
Maybe they will make MOQ of two then. It would suit me just fine.
Jump to: