Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 269. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Anyone get any of their generous 'Compensation' yet?

Nope not yet. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Anyone get any of their generous 'Compensation' yet?
legendary
Activity: 840
I havent seen any discount coupon recently, are they still giving free?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
How long does it take to buy BTC on coinbase?
Looked like a week.

I have a 1000 usd instant purchase

and a 50000 usd 3 business day wait

so I buy the 1000 instant and then buy   the slower coin.  The 1000 instant once used rebuilds from 0 to 1000 in 7 days.

I have been with coinbase for 20 months maybe 22 months

they have wicked rules...instead of giving you $1000 worth instant when you place a bigger order, they dump it all in a slow lane.
I also do things like you, but it adds to expenses since you have to place two orders instead of one.
I think that it is $5-10/for ea order if I remember correctly (plus 1%, of course); also 22-23 mo w/coinbase.

Can someone spell out the total cost of say buying $1000 of BTC on Coinbase?

From the UK I can buy small amounts on credit card with a 3% charge, but I think no additional charge by Coinbase?

I can then I think do a Bank Transfer for larger amounts but have not yet verified as there is a $30 bank charge per transfer, which is quite high for small amounts. However is there then an additional Coinbase fee?

Many Thanks

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
the products are still sold out?
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
How long does it take to buy BTC on coinbase?
Looked like a week.

I have a 1000 usd instant purchase

and a 50000 usd 3 business day wait

so I buy the 1000 instant and then buy   the slower coin.  The 1000 instant once used rebuilds from 0 to 1000 in 7 days.

I have been with coinbase for 20 months maybe 22 months

they have wicked rules...instead of giving you $1000 worth instant when you place a bigger order, they dump it all in a slow lane.
I also do things like you, but it adds to expenses since you have to place two orders instead of one.
I think that it is $5-10/for ea order if I remember correctly (plus 1%, of course); also 22-23 mo w/coinbase.
Activity: 129
Merit: 1
Dang.  These are the miners I want. 
Activity: 798
do not forget the customs fees
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Guys, what is the price (USD) on the invoice of S7?

the invoice is strange. It has $ numbers for miner (whatever was on their website), also bitcoin # for miner, then shippping only in bitcoin  and then total only in bitcoin.
So, to US for batch 3 is was something like 6.09 BTC

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 3 × 1   1658 USD ( 5.912 BTC )
Shipping  (UPS)                           0.184 BTC
Order Total:                           6.096 BTC
Activity: 106
Merit: 10

I hardly ever update Bitmain gear.  It has to be a huge feature or flaw huge for me to do it.  Ever since I bricked a S3 controller I was not a fan.

I kinda turned into the mindset if it is mining good... i leave it alone.

My thoughts exactly. If anything, I've found that updating bitmain firmware actually creates more problems than it fixes, if it even fixes any at all  Tongue

In my experience Bitmain Firmware updates have been advantageous.
S3 ability to upclock to s3+ for example.
S4 firmwares reduced hardware errors and stabilized peak hashrates.
S5 firmware - reduced HW errors, fan speed reduction firmware - also gives the added ability of chaining s5's at full hashrate.
legendary

the invoice is strange. It has $ numbers for miner (whatever was on their website), also bitcoin # for miner, then shippping only in bitcoin  and then total only in bitcoin.
So, to US for batch 3 is was something like 6.09 BTC
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1596
Just got an order in for 1 batch 3 also. Wonder why they're going in and out of stock like that.

Can someone who has updated to the new S7 firmware verify if overclocking is still available in the frequency selection please?

I suspect they have a certain amount set to sell.  And either they are counting ones in cart's or possibly ones that did not get paid in time might go back up.  As it's kinda common to see a few people show as unpaid even though they pay just don't get the confirmations.

That is my guess's on why.

Makes sense to me. Have you updated any of your S7s?

I hardly ever update Bitmain gear.  It has to be a huge feature or flaw huge for me to do it.  Ever since I bricked a S3 controller I was not a fan.

Yeah, I hear ya. Never had an update go bad, but I've regretted bitmain updates. I'll stick to the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" reasoning with bitmain from now on.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

My thoughts exactly. If anything, I've found that updating bitmain firmware actually creates more problems than it fixes, if it even fixes any at all  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1456
Just got an order in for 1 batch 3 also. Wonder why they're going in and out of stock like that.

Can someone who has updated to the new S7 firmware verify if overclocking is still available in the frequency selection please?

I suspect they have a certain amount set to sell.  And either they are counting ones in cart's or possibly ones that did not get paid in time might go back up.  As it's kinda common to see a few people show as unpaid even though they pay just don't get the confirmations.

legendary
Batch 3 is back up.

Thanks. After your posts I bought today  2x S7 for 11.838 BTC + shipping

At the moment,  S7 is once again sold out.

Europe and "owls" have the advantage as it was happening at 2am US central or something.
whatever...maybe this was intended  mostly for FOF
legendary

Looks like all frequencies are there

Cool, thanks. I'm leery of bitmain updates now since they have a tendency of removing features in the past. Last time I updated my S4+ they lost their OCing options. S4 had its voltage control removed.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

Does anyone have the details of the updated firmware? 

What are the updates over the stock firmware?
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Quote from: Prelude link=topic=1165628.msg12773034#msg12773034 date=14456

Upgraded all 15 to 600 version, running 12 hours , hashrate stable and a bit higher.
I always download all versions in case they disappear.
Wish they would have put the stock one up so you don't have to set the reset button.
A little blurb on each version would be cool.
I have one "works better"
legendary

Jump to: