Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 282. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Not sure, there were multiples starting oct 3 I think. Ordered and paid.
Was selling s5's to get cash for s7's. Bought all batch two starting october after buying batch ones beginning of sept, they are sending batch 3 for 3 batch twos so far.

Are you saying that you purchased Batch 2 miners and Bitmain is shipping you Batch 3 miners instead? How do you know they're Batch 3 miners?
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
A friend of mine is just getting started in bitcoin mining... thanks to me, I got him hooked ;-)

He raised a question that I have no answer to... The question is:::

When would bitmain receive the funds if he wired money?

He's asking because he wired funds yesterday, Oct 20 for a couple S7 batch 3's and his order still says UNPAID as of 8am CST Oct 21
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
And as I am getting ready to crash for the night I ask again.

Has anyone received an active shipping notice for batch 2 and or 3?

A notice that ups or fedex or dhl shows as the unit or units in motion?

Nothing so far for me, B3 order date:

2015-09-29 17:24:30

yeah  as of this morning the 21st no one has said they have confirmed tracking for Batch 2 or 3.

the clock starts ticking on the 25th of oct when it comes to these batches. My guess is they will not ship any earlier then the 23rd.

Back to batch 1 does anyone have a batch date on the 20th of sept or 21st of sept?  If you do have you got any 'real' shipping info?

I do believe they were up to the  Sept 19th dates on batch 1

three batch 3 coming tomorrow ups
coming with 3 batch one, hope I can tell the difference.
so you are the first to report a batch two or batch three shipped
yes sir. delivery tomorrow ups
i'll post any visual observations

What are your order dates?
Not sure, there were multiples starting oct 3 I think. Ordered and paid.
Was selling s5's to get cash for s7's. Bought all batch two starting october after buying batch ones beginning of sept, they are sending three batch 3 instead of three batch 2 so far.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504

yeah  as of this morning the 21st no one has said they have confirmed tracking for Batch 2 or 3.

the clock starts ticking on the 25th of oct when it comes to these batches. My guess is they will not ship any earlier then the 23rd.

Back to batch 1 does anyone have a batch date on the 20th of sept or 21st of sept?  If you do have you got any 'real' shipping info?

What are your order dates?

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!

And anyone know why a transformer can only handle half the load at 240v???
Define 'half the load".

Wattage rating for power flowing through a transformer is the same regardless of voltage.
Now the voltage or current ratings - THAT is what changes. Watts = Volts x Amps. When providing the same wattage, double the voltage and the current side is cut by 1/2 or conversely cut voltage by 1/2 and available current doubles.,
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
I received my first B1 09-09-15 order on Monday and it has been running 4850 since I connected and booted up. That is good.
I am not complaining by any means, but it would have been nice for Bitmain to share what the issue was which held off shipping.

.0021 HW error in a bit over 48 hours.
Temps at 54 - 60
power at the miner connection is 12.17 using a single 2880 to power the S7, along with an S5.

I am eager to see what an S7+ brings to the table along with other competition.
I do believe we will see other miners available, and I would like to see a 16 - 20 TH miner from someone with either prior successful sales to members we all know on this forum.  Say Phil for example. OR, they better begin building trust through transparency ala sidehack and novac.

I hope everyone see's their B1 S7 units ship by the end of this week so bitmain begins shipping the other batches.

While Bitmain lost serious points with many people for handling this situation the way they did, of course many will run to buy anything they sell. Personally it was a big relief to see my 3 kg shipment heading to the USA. I felt a bit taken advantage of, but they did ship me what they said they would.

I also feel like mainstream reviewers are scared of bitmain. When you tell the story of a product, tell it all. This was a serious example of a major fuckup in business.

The saving grace, and this has been their saving grace many times, is they do eventually deliver running systems. Even if you do not like bitmain for many other reasons, the majority of the hardware runs.

Maybe that is the approach of the mainstream reviewer. They do not want to say anything negative about a company, especially bitmain. So, they keep the review strictly hardware related.

In that sense I have to give bitmain great marks on the S7 for some simple things.

They sent a  quick start / rma guide, and while there were a few typos which are unfortunately common with that many words in a doc coming from certain parts of the world, it is a big step for newer and older miners alike. More so for newer.

They have a safety label on the machine, which in turn also makes it look more pro.
Most of us probably have safety information memorized and realized, but it never hurts to have that reminder in your face. I believe this is a big improvement.

The Aluminum chassis is awesome. I am worried about damage to the corner of the hash boards for those of us who enjoy different configurations and prodding. (once out of warranty of course)
They are closer to having a modular miner imo.

The used market will be a mess with speeds ranging from everything which has been posted in this thread.

What do you think is the best and worst about the S7?

Best: I like being able to adjust the fan speed. I turned it down so it's no louder than the S5 now and working fine.  The biggest is the electric savings over the S5.

Worst: the ROI
legendary
Activity: 1232
I wonder how they distinguish between batch one,two,three?

In regards to shipping or in regards to testing each board for its quality?  Batch 1 & 3 are the same in specifications with different price and shipping dates.
I got a batch one clocked at 575.
Is there a label on it to specify?
If/when I sell how will the new owner know?

It's quite easy...

All 44 of my S3's, S4's, SP20's and S5's were sold on eBay.  I posted screenshots of the "Miner Status" page for each rig AND the "Network Settings" page for each rig.  This way, they new by the MAC IP ADDRESS assigned to each rig by bitmain on the assembly line is the actual rig they will receive.  It's like an SSN for each rig to identify it.  They also see several days of the rig mining consistently at 4.8+ TH/s at 600 MHz with low HWE's.

I also let them know since this rig is running super as proved by screenshots, that also shows the date the screenshot was taken, there will be no returns for the rig(s) they purchase from me.  I did all 44 of my various models of mining rigs this way without a hiccup.

I also sold all my equipment on EBay starting with my USB miners then BFL and all the Antminers as well. I have over 1200+ feedback as a EBay seller and made sure I did not take any bids from newbie buyers and had no problems at all.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
I received my first B1 09-09-15 order on Monday and it has been running 4850 since I connected and booted up. That is good.
I am not complaining by any means, but it would have been nice for Bitmain to share what the issue was which held off shipping.

.0021 HW error in a bit over 48 hours.
Temps at 54 - 60
power at the miner connection is 12.17 using a single 2880 to power the S7, along with an S5.

I am eager to see what an S7+ brings to the table along with other competition.
I do believe we will see other miners available, and I would like to see a 16 - 20 TH miner from someone with either prior successful sales to members we all know on this forum.  Say Phil for example. OR, they better begin building trust through transparency ala sidehack and novac.

I hope everyone see's their B1 S7 units ship by the end of this week so bitmain begins shipping the other batches.

While Bitmain lost serious points with many people for handling this situation the way they did, of course many will run to buy anything they sell. Personally it was a big relief to see my 3 kg shipment heading to the USA. I felt a bit taken advantage of, but they did ship me what they said they would.

I also feel like mainstream reviewers are scared of bitmain. When you tell the story of a product, tell it all. This was a serious example of a major fuckup in business.

The saving grace, and this has been their saving grace many times, is they do eventually deliver running systems. Even if you do not like bitmain for many other reasons, the majority of the hardware runs.

Maybe that is the approach of the mainstream reviewer. They do not want to say anything negative about a company, especially bitmain. So, they keep the review strictly hardware related.

In that sense I have to give bitmain great marks on the S7 for some simple things.

They sent a  quick start / rma guide, and while there were a few typos which are unfortunately common with that many words in a doc coming from certain parts of the world, it is a big step for newer and older miners alike. More so for newer.

They have a safety label on the machine, which in turn also makes it look more pro.
Most of us probably have safety information memorized and realized, but it never hurts to have that reminder in your face. I believe this is a big improvement.

The Aluminum chassis is awesome. I am worried about damage to the corner of the hash boards for those of us who enjoy different configurations and prodding. (once out of warranty of course)
They are closer to having a modular miner imo.

The used market will be a mess with speeds ranging from everything which has been posted in this thread.

What do you think is the best and worst about the S7?

legendary
Activity: 1456

yeah  as of this morning the 21st no one has said they have confirmed tracking for Batch 2 or 3.

Back to batch 1 does anyone have a batch date on the 20th of sept or 21st of sept?  If you do have you got any 'real' shipping info?

I do believe they were up to the  Sept 19th dates on batch 1

Really with the compensation they announced they don't have a huge incentive to ship it out in time.  PPS till day it ships I believe it was.

So I hope they do not ship late on the batches.  But i don't see them working workers overtime or anything to avoid the small compensation.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

yeah  as of this morning the 21st no one has said they have confirmed tracking for Batch 2 or 3.

Back to batch 1 does anyone have a batch date on the 20th of sept or 21st of sept?  If you do have you got any 'real' shipping info?

I do believe they were up to the  Sept 19th dates on batch 1
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
Definitely go 220-240.

There are many pretend electricians around here and you will hear all sorts of things which may even make sense or sound true but it is someone you don't know who has an interpretation of the way things should be.
The only type of person to trust is someone who isn't afraid to backup what they claim with facts, pictures, and easily verifiable information. Items which can be verified through multiple sources.

We are talking about something which can burn down your house or business. When someone claims to have a training gig, or they know something because of something someone else taught them, bah, ask for a reference, but better yet, ask an electrician who actually has a license.

There are also electrician forums where those guys hang out and are happy to answer questions with references to back them up.
Be wary of someone who in an argument continues to claim they are right because they have previous experience in that area. To me, that is akin to claiming I am a fireman because I lived through a fire. Not quite the same is it?
The lower amount of amps keeps the wires cooler for the same wattage on 240v
Activity: 32
Merit: 0

Have batch one and batch 3 for delivery tomorrow ups
Ordered b1 and b2 they replaced b2 with b3 for some reason but I am not complaining.
So it appears some b3 are stateside.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
So after reading others success regarding fan % and warmer chips resulting in better performance I am testing my two units at 30%

Antpool is already showing a significant jump in poolside hashrate

Orig temps were roughly 44c, now with 30% fan temps are 58-60c

Letting it run overnight and will check results tomorrow

If you want better testing conditions, set a lower difficulty. 1/4 difficulty = 4x the test data in the same time as long as the controller can take it.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
I know of people that have skipped an AC or a garage from the meter, but no one that would exceed the amp delivery drop from the electric company.

Ufo

All I know is ..if I was back in the Univ and in the dorms.....I would be soooo mining something for the free elec (hey it was like 10x less to go to univ when I went...I can't figure out why  the parents and the kids have not rioted) er I mean really Smiley Get something back out of getting ripped off imho. It might have been something small..but it woulda been running Smiley
Activity: 895
Merit: 504

Jump to: