Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 284. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
regardless of all this, it seems that something was unplugged today, so hopefully, shipping of 2/3 will commence shortly.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
So happy so far with my Batch-1 s7 so I ordered a B2 one today. Wonder how long this one will take?  Wink
Also - why are the batch3's a tad more expensive than the batch-2's?

Batch 3 is 4.86 TH/s @ 600 MHz and Batch 2 is 4.66 TH/s @ 575 MHz.  200 GH/s difference and 1160 watts for Batch 2 verses 1210 watts for Batch 1 and 3.  They are both still 0.25 watts per GH
Interesting. My batch-1 s7 came with factory setting of 600mHz and is humming along perfectly at over 4.86 as reported by my pool. Guess I'll just have to goose the coming batch-2 one to the same and see how it does.

I believe the batch 2 are batch 1 rejects.  They were not mining to specifications they laid out for Batch 1.  However, they should work fine at 575 MHz instead of the 600 MHz originally quoted for Batch 1.

If it was so, then it is not clear why batch 2 was not sent at the same time as the remainder of batch 1.
Just policy?

I would think they would want to give everyone who ordered batch 1 [Expecting 4.86 TH/s] priority by shipping [As soon as possible] new rigs coming off the assembly line that were quality control checked to a total of 4.8+ TH/s.  Batch 1 held priority for shipping.  There hands were full with testing boards [Separating 4.8 from 4.6] and shipping out the 4.8 batch 1's first without having to compensate not only for being late but also for not being up to stated specs.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
So happy so far with my Batch-1 s7 so I ordered a B2 one today. Wonder how long this one will take?  Wink

Batch 3 is 4.86 TH/s @ 600 MHz and Batch 2 is 4.66 TH/s @ 575 MHz.  200 GH/s difference and 1160 watts for Batch 2 verses 1210 watts for Batch 1 and 3.  They are both still 0.25 watts per GH
Interesting. My batch-1 s7 came with factory setting of 600mHz and is humming along perfectly at over 4.86 as reported by my pool. Guess I'll just have to goose the coming batch-2 one to the same and see how it does.

I believe the batch 2 are batch 1 rejects.  They were not mining to specifications they laid out for Batch 1.  However, they should work fine at 575 MHz instead of the 600 MHz originally quoted for Batch 1.

If it was so, then it is not clear why batch 2 was not sent at the same time as the remainder of batch 1.
Just policy?

It would make sense to put all resources towards packing and shipping Batch 1 (to minimize compensation payouts) and keep "testing" Batch 2 in the meantime.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

Just policy?
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Bitmain sold today 1600BTC worth of S7s  Shocked

Part of that was me ..... I just purchased some S7's.

My very first NEW mining equipment purchase... I drooling, I'm pacing around, I doubt I'll be sleeping tonight or for the next week.... That was a hefty hunk of change I forked out.

Awesome.
Have been pacing for 7 weeks.
I think a pile just showed up stateside.
They are pricey.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Playing with under clocking and running at 500Mhz @4TH with 0.000% error rates, using 1067watts.

Not bad at all.
Activity: 277
Merit: 250

Part of that was me ..... I just purchased some S7's.

My very first NEW mining equipment purchase... I drooling, I'm pacing around, I doubt I'll be sleeping tonight or for the next week.... That was a hefty hunk of change I forked out.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
My first Batch 1 unit seems to be working ok. 4.83 TH/s avg at 600 MHz over 6 hours, and showing 4.8+ poolside as well. Error rate 0.002%.

I'm testing another one at 625 MHz, doesn't appear to be giving me the expected ~4% gain. Barely reaching 4.95 TH/s (~2%). Error rate 0.004%.

That still isn't bad.  Overall, I'm impressed with the quality of the build and the performance.  All of my S7's continue to mine at 4.8+ TH/s with a very low HWE rate.  It may be that we will see that 4% gain as expected [When over clocking] with future batches.  Only time will tell.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
My first Batch 1 unit seems to be working ok. 4.83 TH/s avg at 600 MHz over 6 hours, and showing 4.8+ poolside as well. Error rate 0.002%.

I'm testing another one at 625 MHz, doesn't appear to be giving me the expected ~4% gain. Barely reaching 4.95 TH/s (~2%). Error rate 0.004%.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!

Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Order Date: 9/16
Ship Date: 10/16

I was not home to receive the package but it did arrive today.

Great!

And did you get a shipping notice from Bitmain?

I hope they'll send one for me because I have to be there to receive the package...

Sign up for my UPS if you selected UPS, UPS will text or email you when something is on your way. That's how I found about mine.
If it is valued under $1000 by the shipper you can waive the signature over you have to be there in person or have it redirected to a ups store
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Activity: 895
Merit: 504

Great!

I hope they'll send one for me because I have to be there to receive the package...

Sign up for my UPS if you selected UPS, UPS will text or email you when something is on your way. That's how I found about mine.
Activity: 175
Merit: 101
cryptominer.ca

Great!

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
I just received two orders yesterday and conducted some testing.  Both came in at 600, but the packaging was totally different.  Results were the same 4.2th/s and 3.9th/s.  I took them down to 575 and they both ran at 4.4th/s.  I then noticed the temps at an ave of 47-49C.  I lowered the fans down to 30% running about 2520rpm.  This changed the temp to an ave of 58-61 and hw went from .1 down to .005 and all of them are now running 4.6th/s.  

Thanks to the people out there on this forum that suggested that if they run a little warmer they run a lot more efficient!  Oh yeah, the noise is dramatically reduced.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
You are able to run twice as much hardware with 240 Volt verses 120 Volt.

The quantity of hardware you can run is based on the circuit's amperage, not voltage.  Always double check that your circuit can supply enough amperage to support the attached devices, Watts = Amps x Volts.

Very true.  I was once an electrician.  I was on my way to certification but never did get certified.  I quit just short of taking my test for my Journeyman's License.

I, by no means, am suggesting to turn a 15 amp (14 AWG) circuit into a 240 Volt 20/30/40 Amp Circuit.  Is that what you took from my statements?  I don't see this implication in my statements.  If your statement was simply to inform them they cannot do what I just stated, then ignore my question wondering if that is what you gathered from my previous post.  I was prepared to assist in letting them know what to do if they wish to hook up their rigs to 240 Volts.  One can have 240 Volts on 20/30/40/50/60 Amp circuits.  One could also have 240 Volt/15 Amp one poll breakers but that depends on the supplied voltage for each bar in the Main Panel.  You and I both KNOW they do not have 240 Volt on one bar in their main panel at their house if they live in the U.S.

I was going to suggest Tandem breakers to make room for 2 poll 240 Volt breakers if they have no room in their Main Panel.  Their Main Panel might be in a garage.  If not, they might have an attic to run the proper wiring.  It depends on the amperage they want or the length of the run, which would determine what gauge wire they would use.  They may want PDU(s).  They may prefer to make whips.  Who knows?

I just don't know their situation.  Hell, they might be in an apartment on the lower floor of a tall building.  There was simply no need for me to go into details if they have no desire to gain access to 240 Volts.  Some are just fearful of doing any electrical work at all.  I've helped several in this thread [With no experience at all] via PM's to get going with 240 Volts for their rigs.

If your wiring is running through walls, you are not to exceed 70% to 80% of the circuits amperage.  If your wiring is outside of walls and laying on a concrete slab with whips, you would be safe to run the circuit up to full amperage with the proper gauge wire.  No where in the electrical code will you see a limit on how much you can run your main panel.  If your main panel is a 200 Amp main panel, that is its limit (200 Amps).  The limitation is placed on each individual circuit inside of walls or small conduit, not the main panel.  Hence, the reason there are limits on how many circuits [Depending on the gauge(s)] can be in a particular diameter pipe and the material the pipe is made of [Rigid, PVC, Galvanized Steel, etc...].  There are just so many variables.

To clarify, there are limits on the panel and the service.  There are definitely limits on how much you can run through your main panel.  In addition, you can not run more through your main panel than your service is rated for.  That will melt your service entrance wires, blow up transformers, etc.  normally there are something like 600 amp disconnects on the pole, but at that point all hell has broken loose and the utility is just trying to save the distribution network at that point.  

A houses main should shut down hopefully before anything like 600 amp.  If you take a hit at 600 amp it would be bad to say the least.

It is pretty easy to see amp limit on main.  But if you are not use to electricity don't do it.  If you open up the main breaker box it should have a breaker at top with number of amp's on it.   100 or 200 is pretty common depending.   If you are in a apartment might be less.

If you know nothing if you call a electrician and say you want to put in a 240 and check price.  Likely they will tell you a lot about your setup if you don't already know it, and are not familiar with electricity.
Jump to: