Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 300. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 470
Merit: 250
Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

How much do you pay per kWh at your data center? I am guessing even with my 7.65 kW solar system Edison's Tier 4 rate of $.31 will kill any hope of ROI if I run these in my garage.

At $0.0535 kWh ROI is VERY questionable.  I'd never even try at the $0.12 kWh cost out at our farm, much less at $.31.  Now if you have excess solar and are not grid tied with power credits, then maybe, since you have already paid the solar cost.  But chances are you would only be able to run for hours a day, not 7x24, so much less likely.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Mine has changed to "Unshipped" also...I guess it's to fix that little snafu.  I am concerned about hearing that 9/8 orders are being shipped and my 9/6 order is still silent.

Which shipper is yours coming?

These are slated for UPS...but they are going directly to Toomim Bros for hosting so I can't look for items being shipped to my address under MyUPS.

I stand corrected; they were SUPPOSED to be shipped directly to Toomim.  I just found all 4 packages scheduled to be shipped directly to me by the 19th.  My order/confirm date was 2015-09-06 22:25:04.  Now I know.

can't you redirect them?

Hopefully I can.  I have many options now that I'm not completly in the dark.

Okay, I tried to redirect the 4 packages to Toomim Bros located in Washington State and the UPS says "The address is not in close proximity with the original address."  Of course, I'm in Virginia which is on the east coast and Washington is on the west coast so that is about as far in proximity as you can get.

So, my 4 S7s will travel from China up through Alaska, down through Washington and east across the continental USA to Virginia.  Then I have to turn around and send them west across the continental USA back to Washington where the Toomim Bros data center is.  I must have done something wrong when I put Toomim's address on this order.  But hey, it will arrive 43 days after I placed the order and at some point in this process I almost gave up hope that I would ever see anything.  I feel relieved!

Dude I'm in virginia too.
Maybe I could hook you up at my datacenter. You already have stuff at toomim?

How much do you pay per kWh at your data center? I am guessing even with my 7.65 kW solar system Edison's Tier 4 rate of $.31 will kill any hope of ROI if I run these in my garage.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
I think they play with the numbers, 3kg is pretty close. Spec says 4kg, maybe it is 3.9kg.

I ordered 9 x S7's with shipping for a total of 73.673 BTC.  3.00 Kg isn't near enough weight for what my order should be.  Did anyone else have multiple S7's in their order that shows only a 3.00 Kg weight?

EDIT:  Mine says "Multiple Packages:   9 "    So, no worries.

There is a possibility of having to pay more to UPS to make up for shipping costs if the rigs are 3.9 Kg.  Only time will tell.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523

Yes, mine has now changed @ 8:54 PM when it was picked up by UPS.
Still showing 3.00 Kg which has me nervous.

WOW, mine shows 3.00 Kg as well.  Rut Ro
[/quote]
I think they play with the numbers, 3kg is pretty close. Spec says 4kg, maybe it is 3.9kg.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

[/quote]

WOW, mine shows 3.00 Kg as well.  Rut Ro
Even so, the math I just did indicated a 232 day payback for my Batch 1s.  Of course, that is optimistic since it presumes today's difficulty for the entire time.

It's more than that even, it is unrealistic because the block reward halving will occur prior to your already optimistic estimate of 232 days, and that's going to throw a whole box of monkey wrenches into the works.

The only people that will net profit from the S7 is Bitmain.

I think a lot of people did optomistic ROI math on this machine, specifically batch 1.  I am not sure they will make ROI by having.   Unless BTC goes up in value a good amount, and you are using money not BTC as the indicator. 

But we have a LOT more of these miners to come.   One thing that might save a lot is mining till having and selling.  I predict even at having it still holds a decent value.

BTC is like gold.
If the dollar becomes less attractive gold goes up, BTC goes up in terms of dollars.

BTC is like the gold off digital money.  Not like gold.  Gold will forever retain a value and is a safer bet then BTC.  BTC is more risky and we really don't have a long history to compare it to.

I don't know how much effect fiat money "becomes less attractive" translates into BTC investments.  I think BTC is still young and has not reached this point for majority of people.
Nice thing about gold and BTC is you cannot "printing press" them.
Gold is a bit different because they kind of printing press it, there is only one physical gold ounce to about 250 ETF claims on it.
Can't ETF BTC. very nice.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Even so, the math I just did indicated a 232 day payback for my Batch 1s.  Of course, that is optimistic since it presumes today's difficulty for the entire time.

It's more than that even, it is unrealistic because the block reward halving will occur prior to your already optimistic estimate of 232 days, and that's going to throw a whole box of monkey wrenches into the works.

I think a lot of people did optomistic ROI math on this machine, specifically batch 1.  I am not sure they will make ROI by having.   Unless BTC goes up in value a good amount, and you are using money not BTC as the indicator. 

But we have a LOT more of these miners to come.   One thing that might save a lot is mining till having and selling.  I predict even at having it still holds a decent value.

BTC is like gold.
If the dollar becomes less attractive gold goes up, BTC goes up in terms of dollars.

BTC is like the gold off digital money.  Not like gold.  Gold will forever retain a value and is a safer bet then BTC.  BTC is more risky and we really don't have a long history to compare it to.

I don't know how much effect fiat money "becomes less attractive" translates into BTC investments.  I think BTC is still young and has not reached this point for majority of people.

BTC is like gold.
legendary
Activity: 1456

legendary
Activity: 1274

Activity: 777
Merit: 1003
My order/pay date was 9/8/2015. I just checked my UPS account and it now shows the shipment with a tracking number. It has a delivery date of 10/19. nothing from Bitmain yet so anyone else waiting should check with their shipper to see if yours is on its way.

EDIT: China   10/15/2015   3:56 A.M.   Order Processed: Ready for UPS

My order/pay date was 9-8-15 also. And I got an email notification from UPS today so I checked the tracking and this is what it shows:

Two things jump out at me as issues, one the weight is wrong, according to Bitmain it should be 4.5kg not 3, and also notice that it says "Void Pickup", I assume that means that they cancelled the shipment. I ordered two on two different days, I hope they don't hold this one and then ship them both at the same time.

Kind of the same thing here. I thought a few pages back someone else reported a under weight declared amount and they had to pay part of the shipping due to it? But with what I see it looks like mine was a void pickup at 6:48 but must have been ok at 8:54 when it was scanned again?

Shenzhen, CN
10/15/2015 8:54 P.M.
Pickup Scan
10/15/2015 6:48 P.M.
Void Pickup
Pickup Scan
CN
10/15/2015 3:56 A.M.
Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Weight:
3.00 KGS

Mine has changed to "Unshipped" also...I guess it's to fix that little snafu.  I am concerned about hearing that 9/8 orders are being shipped and my 9/6 order is still silent.

These are slated for UPS...but they are going directly to Toomim Bros for hosting so I can't look for items being shipped to my address under MyUPS.

I stand corrected; they were SUPPOSED to be shipped directly to Toomim.  I just found all 4 packages scheduled to be shipped directly to me by the 19th.  My order/confirm date was 2015-09-06 22:25:04.  Now I know.

can't you redirect them?

Okay, I tried to redirect the 4 packages to Toomim Bros located in Washington State and the UPS says "The address is not in close proximity with the original address."  Of course, I'm in Virginia which is on the east coast and Washington is on the west coast so that is about as far in proximity as you can get.

So, my 4 S7s will travel from China up through Alaska, down through Washington and east across the continental USA to Virginia.  Then I have to turn around and send them west across the continental USA back to Washington where the Toomim Bros data center is.  I must have done something wrong when I put Toomim's address on this order.  But hey, it will arrive 43 days after I placed the order and at some point in this process I almost gave up hope that I would ever see anything.  I feel relieved!

PM me sir.
Activity: 805
Hey Prelude, i think WE should open a DataCenter here in Quebec. ?

can't you redirect them?

legendary
Activity: 1232
My UPS status just changed also

Shenzhen, CN
10/16/2015 12:59 A.M.
Departure Scan
Shenzhen, CN
10/15/2015 8:54 P.M.
Pickup Scan
Void Pickup
Pickup Scan
CN
10/15/2015 3:56 A.M.
Order Processed: Ready for UPS

So I guess it's on its way
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
It's looking like they are probably making a big push before the weekend.  It's possible they may get the rest of batch 1 out by the end of this week before UPS closes.

My order still shows "shipped 9/28."  However, now I have a tracking number via UPS.  The shipment was processed and ready for UPS 10/14/2015 @ 4:48AM.

My order date:  2015-09-03 19:41:27

10/15/2015   9:42 A.M.           The package is awaiting clearing agency review. / Your package was released by the clearing agency.
Shenzhen, China   10/15/2015   7:07 P.M.           Departure Scan
                                10/15/2015   3:49 P.M.           Export Scan
                                10/14/2015   12:24 P.M.   The package is awaiting clearing agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.
Shenzhen, China   10/14/2015   11:29 P.M.   Arrival Scan
                                10/14/2015   10:50 P.M.   Departure Scan
                                10/14/2015   7:50 P.M.           Origin Scan
                                10/14/2015   6:41 P.M.           Pickup Scan
China                   10/14/2015   4:48 A.M.          Order Processed: Ready for UPS
legendary
Activity: 1428
https://www.bitworks.io
My order/pay date was 9/8/2015. I just checked my UPS account and it now shows the shipment with a tracking number. It has a delivery date of 10/19. nothing from Bitmain yet so anyone else waiting should check with their shipper to see if yours is on its way.

EDIT: China   10/15/2015   3:56 A.M.   Order Processed: Ready for UPS

My order/pay date was 9/6/2015 and I still have no info yet.  We may be getting close!

It's irritating that people who ordered after me are getting shipping info. My order/pay date was 9/5. Like some of you, this morning my order has been changed from "shipped" with no other info to "unshipped". Still no tracking info either from Bitmain or FedEx.

This is my second order. I used coupons for that order. Maybe they prioritize shipping based on how much money they made, not the order that payment was received?

Or maybe since I complained by email (even though I was professional) my order has been de-prioritized.

More likely it's just chaos over there.

Well I ordered Batch 1 and Batch 2.  Batch 1 is in my  house mining,  but I think the shipping info on batch 2  is just that info saying shipped and nothing else.

I think I may wait quite a while for batch 2 to 'really' be shipped.

Today is the first day  that batch 2 is said to ship.  So far no batch 2 info with tracking has been mentioned on this thread.  So don't worry your gear may be further along then you think.

Mine just flipped to unshipped as well, had said shipped for 4 days now...
Activity: 470
Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles
The math is actually trickier than it appears.  For instance, since I paid with BTC, if the value of BTC goes up, so did my cost... right?  Or should I lock in price based on BTC value when I bought?

You need to decide what you're mining, BTC or USD? Pick one as your base currency and do ALL math in that. If conversion is needed (e.g. paying for electricity in USD while the math is in BTC) use the rate of the actual conversion.

If you don't convert BTC but pay the electric bill out of pocket you're basically buying additional BTC with fiat so you might want the keep that out of your ROI calculations. Just assume you DID convert BTC and use that number.

I think I'm at the point where I'm just going to look at my BTC wallet, subtract that monthly cost in power, and see if its positive or not!  I use BTC for all my mining and related computer cost.  As long as the wallet looks good, I'm happy.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
The math is actually trickier than it appears.  For instance, since I paid with BTC, if the value of BTC goes up, so did my cost... right?  Or should I lock in price based on BTC value when I bought?

You need to decide what you're mining, BTC or USD? Pick one as your base currency and do ALL math in that. If conversion is needed (e.g. paying for electricity in USD while the math is in BTC) use the rate of the actual conversion.

If you don't convert BTC but pay the electric bill out of pocket you're basically buying additional BTC with fiat so you might want the keep that out of your ROI calculations. Just assume you DID convert BTC and use that number.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)

can't you redirect them?

Jump to: