Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 3. (Read 527670 times)

Activity: 338
Merit: 250
Sidehack posted that the approx. original default settings for the S7-LN for the hot starting voltage/cold running voltage for the blades on the S7-LN are 710/680.  Anyone know what the default settings are for the S7 batch 8 and later are?  Is there a formula to determine it with 135 ASICs and the 12v DC from the power supply?

Thanks,
alh
legendary
Activity: 1844
Merit: 1050
Wonder if Bitmain will ever drop the price on these after the halving

In and of itself, I wouldn't expect that the halving to change the pricing of any Bitmain product. The desirability of the S7 is declining as a result of the S9, and the halving. I expect that current $440 price on the S7 is getting close to production cost. It wouldn't surprise me if that sometime in the next 30 days Bitmain does some kind of "clearance price Sale" on the S7.

While the desirability of most all mining gear will decline after the halving, an elevated BTC price tends to keep folks interested in buying gear from Bitmain. All kinds of things play into the price that Bitmain charges for the S9 (or the S9).
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

Nope, they are still profitable and will be profitable after Halving.  People still want them so, Bitmain should still provide them.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
running out the warranty, you have already burned two cards, to be noted that I never overclokkato the miner, indeed, here in Sicily we 37gradi ° C, quindo I brought miner frequency 550, and you will burn too, just are tired of spending money, meteriali too poor, the power supplies are to bitmain, so the problem is always and only the bad material, then this miner and done badly, the blade that suffers most is the central one, when turned off the central one other blades down temperature, from 66 down to 58C °,

Huh Huh Huh Cry Cry

Are you little retarded.  Roll Eyes Ofc other blades running much more cooler if you drop out the central blade, because then there is only 66% of the original heat load. And if the ambient temp is around 37C it is too much for the miner imo. Actually I dont understand why people who living countries where extra heat is negative thinking about doing profit, maybe then if you have free electricity, but nobody have that in a bigger scale. I pay 0.08-0.10€/kwh taxes,vat,transfer and market price all together and usually all the heat is anyway needed to my house and garage and it is still +-0 business for me after hw investments. So mining is just like kinky nerd hobby for me. I cant even think about how people who living in Italy where you dont need heat 80% of the year think about doing profit. Or you guys have about free electricity there Cheesy And if you need 1kw heating power you could produce that with 200-400w using heat pumps so it will reduce places even more where to put miner for heating purpose.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
the F1 version with one fan was a bad idea. Unless, you throw them nice fresh air, they overheat.

They need 2 fans to be safe.

It really works flawless though.  I have one and had 0 issues with it, if something goes wrong it should shutdown at 80 c.   I do have a second fan but never did attach it to it as it is working good.  It is summer and hot for many and I don't see S7-F1's burning up.... so seems to work fine.   But I do agree it takes away some safety with redundancy of having two fan's even though we have not been seeing them burn up.

I also have some decent sized fan's blowing air through my mining area to.  So guess that is part of why I'm not to worried.  

Well it's the summer for sure here in NA ... the two fans versions just don't care about it and keep mining at default freq. The F1 version suffers tho. I downclocked them until I received my second fans.

I just have one of the S7-F1's so maybe I got lucky but mine has handled Midwest heat up to low 90's F outside (which it is currently). No suffering so far default settings/freq.  I do push air with high CFM fan's through miner area and a commercial gable fan to get rid of heat.   So that could possibly help.

It is a hot day but you can see my S7-F1 is handling it fine even during summer temps. - http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/notlist3d/S7-F1/test_zpswuvatl7q.jpg

Put one of these onto your single fan units:

Ultra Strong 12cm DC12V Cooling fan. 200CFM    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054S92FW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-OR- this one is a little JET ENGINE!

Original Delta TFC1212DE 12cm 120mm DC 12V 3.90A 252CFM    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L5XEKOS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I already have a fan and it's ready to go it just has not been needed.  I did a hand's on with the S7-F1 a bit back - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hands-on-bitmain-antminer-s7-one-fan-s7-f1-notlist3d-1471801 .  You can see I have a standard back ready to go with a fan.

You can order a fan from BitmainWarranty.com - https://bitmainwarranty.com/shop/products/us/fan_s7/

I just simply have not needed it yet even during summer it has mined fine for me.  Some day I still plan on adding one fan to back.  But I just have not done it as it's handled mining great with no issues.  
legendary
Activity: 1736
the F1 version with one fan was a bad idea. Unless, you throw them nice fresh air, they overheat.

It really works flawless though.  I have one and had 0 issues with it, if something goes wrong it should shutdown at 80 c.   I do have a second fan but never did attach it to it as it is working good.  It is summer and hot for many and I don't see S7-F1's burning up.... so seems to work fine.   But I do agree it takes away some safety with redundancy of having two fan's even though we have not been seeing them burn up.

I also have some decent sized fan's blowing air through my mining area to.  So guess that is part of why I'm not to worried.  

Well it's the summer for sure here in NA ... the two fans versions just don't care about it and keep mining at default freq. The F1 version suffers tho. I downclocked them until I received my second fans.

I just have one of the S7-F1's so maybe I got lucky but mine has handled Midwest heat up to low 90's F outside (which it is currently). No suffering so far default settings/freq.  I do push air with high CFM fan's through miner area and a commercial gable fan to get rid of heat.   So that could possibly help.

It is a hot day but you can see my S7-F1 is handling it fine even during summer temps. - http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/notlist3d/S7-F1/test_zpswuvatl7q.jpg

Ultra Strong 12cm DC12V Cooling fan. 200CFM    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054S92FW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Original Delta TFC1212DE 12cm 120mm DC 12V 3.90A 252CFM    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L5XEKOS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

you have to be careful with that tfc1212de.. if it says inverted that means the pwm is backwards compared to regular pc fans..

5v is OFF not full on.. so that means as your s7 gets hotter the fan will run slower.

plus that fan draws almost 4 amps at full power.. i had to make a special cord that split the power to molex to get it to work, and its very loud.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Mine for a Bit

I just have one of the S7-F1's so maybe I got lucky but mine has handled Midwest heat up to low 90's F outside (which it is currently). No suffering so far default settings/freq.  I do push air with high CFM fan's through miner area and a commercial gable fan to get rid of heat.   So that could possibly help.

Ultra Strong 12cm DC12V Cooling fan. 200CFM    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054S92FW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Original Delta TFC1212DE 12cm 120mm DC 12V 3.90A 252CFM    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L5XEKOS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

It really works flawless though.  I have one and had 0 issues with it, if something goes wrong it should shutdown at 80 c.   I do have a second fan but never did attach it to it as it is working good.  It is summer and hot for many and I don't see S7-F1's burning up.... so seems to work fine.   But I do agree it takes away some safety with redundancy of having two fan's even though we have not been seeing them burn up.

I also have some decent sized fan's blowing air through my mining area to.  So guess that is part of why I'm not to worried. 

legendary

It really works flawless though.  I have one and had 0 issues with it, if something goes wrong it should shutdown at 80 c.   I do have a second fan but never did attach it to it as it is working good.  It is summer and hot for many and I don't see S7-F1's burning up.... so seems to work fine.   But I do agree it takes away some safety with redundancy of having two fan's even though we have not been seeing them burn up.

I also have some decent sized fan's blowing air through my mining area to.  So guess that is part of why I'm not to worried. 
Activity: 798
Facts my miners were set to 550 MHz
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
running out the warranty, you have already burned two cards, to be noted that I never overclokkato the miner, indeed, here in Sicily we 37gradi ° C, quindo I brought miner frequency 550, and you will burn too, just are tired of spending money, meteriali too poor, the power supplies are to bitmain, so the problem is always and only the bad material, then this miner and done badly, the blade that suffers most is the central one, when turned off the central one other blades down temperature, from 66 down to 58C °,

Huh Huh Huh Cry Cry
The power density in the Antminer S7 is high.
It takes 1300-1400W at wall.
So that makes about 1200-1300W at the 12V rail.
That's a lot of heat for the heat sinks.

If your ambient temperature is 37 celsius, that is REALLY a lot for the miner to handle.
Drop the frequency down or find some cooling methods.
Activity: 798

Huh Huh Huh Cry Cry
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
i would forget the hashing boards for now and just attempt to plug in the bare ioboard with bb board attached and see if you can ssh in or pull up the web interface.

connect to your home router and it should show you which IP address has been allocated to it.

barring that you can portscan port 22 on all your local nets ip range and see which one responds.

lots of ways to tell. but basically if you got a new bb and io board there is a reasonable chance you should be able to at least pull up that interfaces daemons after the 90 second boot up process.

Thank you for trying to help.

It didn't work but I kept fighting.
I finally managed to make it work using a micro sd card.
If people have same problem , here it is :

https://shop.bitmain.com/support.htm?pid=007201604120945219855QObfk20066C

With the sd card , I managed to get web interface. I then uploaded last firmware and removed sd card and it worked.

I think Bitmain sent me empty bb board ...
And my thought seems to confirm , because maybe 1 hour later , I received an unexpected DHL package :
another BB board ... I tried it and it worked . I think they found the one they sent first was empty and they sent back another one with good firmware.

So I have now spare parts !
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy
i would forget the hashing boards for now and just attempt to plug in the bare ioboard with bb board attached and see if you can ssh in or pull up the web interface.

connect to your home router and it should show you which IP address has been allocated to it.

barring that you can portscan port 22 on all your local nets ip range and see which one responds.

lots of ways to tell. but basically if you got a new bb and io board there is a reasonable chance you should be able to at least pull up that interfaces daemons after the 90 second boot up process.
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
Hi guys, I'm posting here a copy of my thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/solved-1525308 in hope to get some help .

my s7 controller was dead after a thunderstorm.
I ordered a IO board and a BB board from bitmain to be sure I 'm able to send the s7 back to work.
But I can't make it work with the new parts.

I assembled the IO and the BB to make a new controller , and plugged the S7.

I have a fixed green led and a fixed yellow led (but not the blinking green hashing led).
I can't see the device in my router , it doesn't appear anywhere , as if it was not plugged at all. (my network is ok and the cables too, the problem is not here).
Please note that in reality , if there is no rj45 plugged , you won't have the green and yellow light. They light only when the cable is plugged in the controller.

What do you thinks ? bitmain forgot to upload firmware ? defective unit ? or did I missed something to config ?
Thanks for any help!

NB : do not hesitate to tell me if I forgot a point in my explaination, if it's not clear, or if my english is not understandable !
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
I think you will find that from a hardware point of view the IO Board is fine, the problem is that the version of firmware you are running does not support them.

Rich

Really? S7 Batch 1 firmware, haven't upgraded?

Read this
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/s7-controller-has-nine-18-pin-jacks-so-what-can-we-do-with-it-1173573

15 september 2015 software support 6 blades

I have today 5x S7 with 6 blades.
 All with File System Version Tue Sep 15 16:50:19 CST 2015
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
I think you will find that from a hardware point of view the IO Board is fine, the problem is that the version of firmware you are running does not support them.

Rich

Really? S7 Batch 1 firmware, haven't upgraded?

The firmware updates released after the miner was out actually disabled the extra connectors on the board.  The original firmware it shipped with allowed them to work but ironically that original firmware has a different issue that causes it not to work anymore without going in through SSH to disable a network check "feature".
Pages:
Jump to: