Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 4. (Read 527670 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I think you will find that from a hardware point of view the IO Board is fine, the problem is that the version of firmware you are running does not support them.

Rich

Really? S7 Batch 1 firmware, haven't upgraded?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

It turns out the problem is that the control board I have has five of nine data connector slots that are dead. (The data cables work fine.)

Who would have thought those controller boards were that crap...

I think you will find that from a hardware point of view the IO Board is fine, the problem is that the version of firmware you are running does not support them.

Rich

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

I'm the one who took this screenshot and is responsible for the hosting of _kai_'s machine.

Just so you know, the cgminer output paste was from a different boot of this machine. During that boot, it appeared that cgminer wasn't starting automatically, and the stats screen just showed 0s on the top line (hashrate, elapsed, etc.) and blanks everywhere else (pool info, ASIC status, fan speed). Because of this, I decided to SSH in and start it from the command line to get more debugging information. At the same time, I unplugged two hashboards, in the hope that the remaining hashboard (the bottom one according to both the screenshot and the physical position in the rig) would work. I then saw all of this HW error stuff in the log output. Later on, I switched hashboards and got it to run again with only the top hashboard. I then plugged in all three hashboards again, and got the attached screenshot.

The PSU is a server-grade DPS1200FB running on 240V, and supplies an open-circuit voltage of 12.30 V, and at full load usually gives around 12.15 V. I have not yet seen a DPS1200FB shut down from overload on an S7, and the problem does not go away if I power only one hashboard at a time, so I am inclined to think that the PSU wimping out is an unlikely explanation. Individual chips burning out from mild overvoltage or transient spikes is more plausible, but I think still unlikely.

Intake air temperature was below 20°C at the time of the fault. The rig crashed at 1:25am local time. None of our cooling system was experiencing a failure at the time that the rig crashed. Both fans on the rig appear to be functional.

Just following up with the result to this in case anyone else has the same or similar problem, one of my pet hates is people never updating 'please help me' posts with the resolutions to their problems, so I try not to do that myself  Wink

It turns out the problem is that the control board I have has five of nine data connector slots that are dead. (The data cables work fine.)

Who would have thought those controller boards were that crap...
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
anyway to quiet down the S7's fans?
I don't know if its normal or not, I have 4680/4200 RPM  @ 53C/54C/52C @ 675Hz  4.56GH/s
Put the S7 in to a soundproof cabinet like I did or underclock it and reduce the fan speed.
What does your sound proof cabinet consist of? still need a lot of air flow to keep it cool and fresh cool air in
I made one myself using this upper part of a closet http://jysk.fi/sailytys/vaatekaapit/tarvikkeet/ylakaappi-price-star-2-ovea-valkoinen , soundproof foam and 6pcs. Arctic F12 fans in a push-pull setup.

See my post in this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--7216
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
Hey if you happen to see how to override the "stop hashing on overheat" feature I would appreciate hearing about it.

I have a board with an erroneous temp sensor that randomly throws out temps anywhere from 70 to 150 or so.  The problem is with most of those the miner refuses to mine at all.  It thinks it is overheating.  It used to throw out zero a lot which would allow it to continue to hash but it doesn't seem to report zero anymore, always some random number, usually in the 90's.  I have that board disconnected so I can hash with the remaining two but I would sure like to figure out how to make it ignore those erroneous temps and keep on mining.
Activity: 773
Merit: 528
Any way to tweak a S7-LN and change web interface/ssh port for remotely controlling it?
Done it for Spondoolies, hope it can be done for Bitmain miners
Yes there is, but you should find the file with winscp and manualy edit it. I forgot which was it on the s4 but i think is the same on all ants.

Ok, so anyone know which file to edit?
So anyone know which file to edit for changing web/ssh ports?
Ok I've found how to change ssh port:
ssh into the miner and add the following line to /config/dropbear
Code:
DROPBEAR_PORT=xxxxx
(where xxxxx = your port of choice)
Still trying to figure out how to change web interface port, the only directory that persists after reboot is /config and the lighttpd.conf (where the web port should be changed) is in /etc which resets after reboot.
Any way maybe to make /etc/ directory persistent as well?
Activity: 569

I don't know if its normal or not, I have 4680/4200 RPM  @ 53C/54C/52C @ 675Hz  4.56GH/s

those temps are lower then they need to be.

manually set fans to 50% and clock at 650

give back your numbers  with those settings.

I am trying to get you to be at

rpm 3500/3300 @ 63c/64c/62c @ 650hz and 4.47 gh/s

the temps in bold are good so the lower you can set fans and get that 62-65c set of numbers is good.

the small drop in hash to 4.47 is hardly any money.

Oh nice. lol... when I asked that I hadn;t noticed there was a fan speed adjustment but awesome info!
   I put fans at 50% left it at 675 to see what would happen since they are in AC.
so now I have 3360/3720 60/61/59 675 4600 gh/s   and the noise is way down. I could probably drop the fans lower to get to 62's huh?
Is there any OS mod to get these to shut off at like 75 instead of over 80? I rather they stop mining than risk frying over 80.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'

those temps are lower then they need to be.

manually set fans to 50% and clock at 650

give back your numbers  with those settings.

I am trying to get you to be at

rpm 3500/3300 @ 63c/64c/62c @ 650hz and 4.47 gh/s

the temps in bold are good so the lower you can set fans and get that 62-65c set of numbers is good.

the small drop in hash to 4.47 is hardly any money.

I don't know if its normal or not, I have 4680/4200 RPM  @ 53C/54C/52C @ 675Hz  4.56GH/s

Put the S7 in to a soundproof cabinet like I did or underclock it and reduce the fan speed.

What does your sound proof cabinet consist of? still need a lot of air flow to keep it cool and fresh cool air in
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

I don't know if its normal or not, I have 4680/4200 RPM  @ 53C/54C/52C @ 675Hz  4.56GH/s

Any way to tweak a S7-LN and change web interface/ssh port for remotely controlling it?
Yes there is, but you should find the file with winscp and manualy edit it. I forgot which was it on the s4 but i think is the same on all ants.

So anyone know which file to edit for changing web/ssh ports?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
hey there miners Smiley have such obvious question, i can purchase 2 s7 batch 10 and i have free electricity - can it be profitable even after block half divide?

Yes if you have "free" electricity you have a big advantage.  Since no cost to run you can keep running there is not a time it cost more to run then it makes, which again big advantage.  So having will cut reward but you still earn BTC for mining after and with "free" electricity you should still do well.

I would make sure you have the amount of "free" electricity for 2.   As I have no idea what your set up is like as far as electricity available.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Selling CS:GO Case Keys for BTC / WMZ / WMTRANSFER
hey there miners Smiley have such obvious question, i can purchase 2 s7 batch 10 and i have free electricity - can it be profitable even after block half divide?
Activity: 360
Merit: 120
Hi,
When i hard reset an antminer s7, is it reset everything include cgminer configs ?
Because recently i have problem with recognition in monitoring softwares :
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15276095
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15110787
they worked fine before i upgrade them to new firmware but after upgrade 2of7 of them showed this problem.
It seem problem is from Cgminer api configs. how can i reset everything deeply!!?
I tried downgrade, hard reset, change ip, change router.
thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
I decided to keep my S7 farm and just add onto it with S9s.  The S7s are very profitable right now and even after halving would be able to hold their own.  The S9s need a little help on the payoff and keeping the S7s keeps some stability to the income. 
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for choosing Bitmain,

the Bitmain team  

Bitmain what you recommend to me ?

Where is my compensation  from to late shipped Batch1 S7 miner ?
You have my BTC address

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1 × 2
Date 2015-08-30
Wrong Shipping Date  from Bitmain site  2015-09-28  
Real Shipping Date from DHL  Shipment picked up Thursday, October 08, 2015
Order Total 3535.09 USD

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1 × 2
Date 2015-08-30    
Wrong Shipping Date  from Bitmain site 2015-09-21
Real Shipping Date           Shipment picked up   Saturday, October 31, 2015
Order Total 15.967 BTC    1BTC=227,66USD

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13373903

Dude that's only 10 days. Delays happen. Be happy you didn't purchase from BFL.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for choosing Bitmain,

the Bitmain team  

Bitmain what you recommend to me ?

Where is my compensation  from to late shipped Batch1 S7 miner ?
You have my BTC address

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1 × 2
Date 2015-08-30
Wrong Shipping Date  from Bitmain site  2015-09-28  
Real Shipping Date from DHL  Shipment picked up Thursday, October 08, 2015
Order Total 3535.09 USD

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1 × 2
Date 2015-08-30    
Wrong Shipping Date  from Bitmain site 2015-09-21
Real Shipping Date           Shipment picked up   Saturday, October 31, 2015
Order Total 15.967 BTC    1BTC=227,66USD

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13373903

Activity: 162
Merit: 100
Pages:
Jump to: