Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 301. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 635
Merit: 500
You pay X btc.

If the machine mines back the X btc you're at break even.

If the machine mines X+1 btc you're at pofit.

If the miner mines X-1 btc you're at loss.

At option 1 or 2 you make a better deal with buying btc and speculating for the price rise.

IMHO

Edit: quakefiend was faster than me.
legendary
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Toomim's price is $80/KW/Month if you chose the yearly, it's not specifically for S7s.  It works out to $3.23 for each S7 per day or $12.91/day for 4 S7s.  It was costing me $28.32 per day for roughly the same TH/S with all of my S5s at another host before I sold everything.

http://toom.im/

Guess I'm lucky.  My power cost $0.0535 kW/h so a S7 cost about $1.87/day to run from my home (that including 20% overhead power for room fans).  Even so, the math I just did indicated a 232 day payback for my Batch 1s.  Of course, that is optimistic since it presumes today's difficulty for the entire time.

Its almost humorous, but the only thing I have that has ROIed is my Batch 9 S3s.   I make about $0.46/day real profit on each of them.  Woo woo!

The math is actually trickier than it appears.  For instance, since I paid with BTC, if the value of BTC goes up, so did my cost... right?  Or should I lock in price based on BTC value when I bought?

I always calculate ROI in BTC.  How many BTC could I have bought instead of this gear?  Then calculate power usage the same way each month, instead of paying electricity for this gear, how much BTC could I have bought at today's price?  When $TotalBtcMined > ($UpfrontCostInBtc + $CombinedMonthlyElectricityInBtc) I've achieved ROI.

But I've always held onto what I mine, I don't sell it as it comes it.  If I were selling what I mine then I'd do the math in dollar terms.

EDIT: don't forget the resale value of the gear eventually, I've come out better in BTC terms before by selling gear when BTC price was low, therefore commanding more BTC per unit.  Sometimes it just makes more sense to get that immediate BTC return then to wait for the miner to make it...
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

Toomim's price is $80/KW/Month if you chose the yearly, it's not specifically for S7s.  It works out to $3.23 for each S7 per day or $12.91/day for 4 S7s.  It was costing me $28.32 per day for roughly the same TH/S with all of my S5s at another host before I sold everything.

Guess I'm lucky.  My power cost $0.0535 kW/h so a S7 cost about $1.87/day to run from my home (that including 20% overhead power for room fans).  Even so, the math I just did indicated a 232 day payback for my Batch 1s.  Of course, that is optimistic since it presumes today's difficulty for the entire time.

Its almost humorous, but the only thing I have that has ROIed is my Batch 9 S3s.   I make about $0.46/day real profit on each of them.  Woo woo!

The math is actually trickier than it appears.  For instance, since I paid with BTC, if the value of BTC goes up, so did my cost... right?  Or should I lock in price based on BTC value when I bought?
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Mine has changed to "Unshipped" also...I guess it's to fix that little snafu.  I am concerned about hearing that 9/8 orders are being shipped and my 9/6 order is still silent.

Which shipper is yours coming?

These are slated for UPS...but they are going directly to Toomim Bros for hosting so I can't look for items being shipped to my address under MyUPS.
What is toomim charging for an s7 hosted?

Toomim's price is $80/KW/Month if you chose the yearly, it's not specifically for S7s.  It works out to $3.23 for each S7 per day or $12.91/day for 4 S7s.  It was costing me $28.32 per day for roughly the same TH/S with all of my S5s at another host before I sold everything.

What do you get for that? Remote hands, remote access?

Toomim provides both remote hands and remote access.  But let's be honest, I use hosting services for harmony on the home front.  No noise, no struggling to find enough electrical circuits so I don’t burn my house down, no fighting to keep the temperatures at a reasonable level, and not having my wife pass out every time she opens the electric bill!
I'm right there with you sir. She would pass out going into the basement.
But everything you said.
At datacenter 24/7 power is great. 24/7 internet also. Cooling great also.
When my cable would go out I would have heart failure. Now all good.
Neat thing for me, datacenter is 2 miles from my house. But I have remote pdu's so i don't even have to drive down the street.
I'm paying about the same.

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Let's look at the bright side. We're making $6.50 - $7.00 per miner per day without having to deal with heat or noise, or even needing a PSU.

At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself while crying it out every night when the UPS truck passes my house  Grin

LOL!

Of course in my case where the S7s will be deployed in a data center with free electricity, I get no advantage at all from the meager compensation.

That's what pissed me off bigtime too. I have free power and now out almost 1BTC due to the BS delays of not having my S7s on hand.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Let's look at the bright side. We're making $6.50 - $7.00 per miner per day without having to deal with heat or noise, or even needing a PSU.

At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself while crying it out every night when the UPS truck passes my house  Grin

LOL!

Of course in my case where the S7s will be deployed in a data center with free electricity, I get no advantage at all from the meager compensation.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
Mine has changed to "Unshipped" also...I guess it's to fix that little snafu.  I am concerned about hearing that 9/8 orders are being shipped and my 9/6 order is still silent.

These are slated for UPS...but they are going directly to Toomim Bros for hosting so I can't look for items being shipped to my address under MyUPS.

Toomim provides both remote hands and remote access.  But let's be honest, I use hosting services for harmony on the home front.  No noise, no struggling to find enough electrical circuits so I don’t burn my house down, no fighting to keep the temperatures at a reasonable level, and not having my wife pass out every time she opens the electric bill!

legendary

legendary

I stand corrected; they were SUPPOSED to be shipped directly to Toomim.  I just found all 4 packages scheduled to be shipped directly to me by the 19th.  My order/confirm date was 2015-09-06 22:25:04.  Now I know.

can't you redirect them?

Hopefully I can.  I have many options now that I'm not completly in the dark.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

I stand corrected; they were SUPPOSED to be shipped directly to Toomim.  I just found all 4 packages scheduled to be shipped directly to me by the 19th.  My order/confirm date was 2015-09-06 22:25:04.  Now I know.

can't you redirect them?
legendary

legendary

Activity: 470
Merit: 250
Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

For what it's worth, I never got a shipping notification at all.  I found out my S7 was shipped when the UPS man rang the doorbell.

DHL was a little better.  No notification from Bitmain, or responses to my tickets/e-mails, but DHL texted me on Sunday (then it got hung in customs for an additional 2 days).
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
My order/pay date was 9/8/2015. I just checked my UPS account and it now shows the shipment with a tracking number. It has a delivery date of 10/19. nothing from Bitmain yet so anyone else waiting should check with their shipper to see if yours is on its way.

EDIT: China   10/15/2015   3:56 A.M.   Order Processed: Ready for UPS

My order/pay date was 9/6/2015 and I still have no info yet.  We may be getting close!

It's irritating that people who ordered after me are getting shipping info. My order/pay date was 9/5. Like some of you, this morning my order has been changed from "shipped" with no other info to "unshipped". Still no tracking info either from Bitmain or FedEx.

This is my second order. I used coupons for that order. Maybe they prioritize shipping based on how much money they made, not the order that payment was received?

Or maybe since I complained by email (even though I was professional) my order has been de-prioritized.

More likely it's just chaos over there.

legendary
Activity: 1456
My order/pay date was 9/8/2015. I just checked my UPS account and it now shows the shipment with a tracking number. It has a delivery date of 10/19. nothing from Bitmain yet so anyone else waiting should check with their shipper to see if yours is on its way.

My order/pay date was 9/6/2015 and I still have no info yet.  We may be getting close!

It's irritating that people who ordered after me are getting shipping info. My order/pay date was 9/5. Like some of you, this morning my order has been changed from "shipped" with no other info to "unshipped". Still no tracking info either from Bitmain or FedEx.

This is my second order. I used coupons for that order. Maybe they prioritize shipping based on how much money they made, not the order that payment was received?

Or maybe since I complained by email (even though I was professional) my order has been de-prioritized.

I think your theory of chaos is going to be correct. They were behind before the holiday.  Taking a holiday amplified problems.

Chances are each person with problems sent in multiple emails, so tons of work to catch up.   Also not having enough miners to fill out batch one has to have them in over drive.   

But with compensation so low they really are  not having to big of penalty even if they are late.   It's still low problem for them as far as payment owed if late.
legendary
Activity: 1232

I used a coupon on my order.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Well I ordered Batch 1 and Batch 2.  Batch 1 is in my  house mining,  but I think the shipping info on batch 2  is just that info saying shipped and nothing else.

I think I may wait quite a while for batch 2 to 'really' be shipped.

Today is the first day  that batch 2 is said to ship.  So far no batch 2 info with tracking has been mentioned on this thread.  So don't worry your gear may be further along then you think.

legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

Jump to: