Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 303. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Even worse not even a guess when anything will be shipped. Nothing.
But I am optimistic.
Just wish it would pay the bills.

I'm not sure if you are a newbie to mining?  It's obvious you're a newbie to the website.  If you are a newbie to mining, I want to take this opportunity to encourage you to hang in there.  This sort of thing [Being late with shipment/batch not up to specifications] is rare with Bitmain.  Yes, they've had a few hick ups here and there.  However, they have always made an effort to try to make good of the inconvenience placed upon customers.  All will be well in due time.
Thanks dude.
I know things are rough for them now, it's a bit contagious.
Bitmain products rock.
We all know this.

It's the customers it's rough for.... it is rough for bitmain?   Think about this they have the only new miner currently shipping.  Sounds like a pretty amazing spot to be in as a business.

They are having a great time all around products, hashnest, etc.  Compare PACMiC v4 to V3.  There is a trend bitmain is making more profit.
Rough for any company when they get crushed with more orders than they can handle.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
But I am optimistic.

I'm not sure if you are a newbie to mining?  It's obvious you're a newbie to the website.  If you are a newbie to mining, I want to take this opportunity to encourage you to hang in there.  This sort of thing [Being late with shipment/batch not up to specifications] is rare with Bitmain.  Yes, they've had a few hick ups here and there.  However, they have always made an effort to try to make good of the inconvenience placed upon customers.  All will be well in due time.
Thanks dude.
Bitmain products rock.
We all know this.

It's the customers it's rough for.... it is rough for bitmain?   Think about this they have the only new miner currently shipping.  Sounds like a pretty amazing spot to be in as a business.

They are having a great time all around products, hashnest, etc.  Compare PACMiC v4 to V3.  There is a trend bitmain is making more profit.
I would like to offer my help in any way to Bitmain.
Still waiting on two more batch 1 orders dated 9/04 and 9/15.

Also have a pre 8/31 unit which stopped hashing at optimum (dropped by 1/3) after 10 days online.  Hard and and soft reboots with not change.  Appreciate some assistance on warranty service, Bitmain.  Reference your support ticket #4143.  
Do you know which board? Sounds like a board if it is one third. You can see a little red light on the hashboard near the connectors.
If no red light then...
You can detach hash cables one at a time to find the offending board.
Sometimes dropping the frequency will pop it up.

Have one s7, lots of time with other bitmain products.
But I am optimistic.

Thanks dude.
Bitmain products rock.
We all know this.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Still waiting on two more batch 1 orders dated 9/04 and 9/15.

Also have a pre 8/31 unit which stopped hashing at optimum (dropped by 1/3) after 10 days online.  Hard and and soft reboots with not change.  Appreciate some assistance on warranty service, Bitmain.  Reference your support ticket #4143.  
legendary
But I am optimistic.

They always announced the compensation during the problems though.  I just think were seeing a new Bitmain mentality and I dont think there will be coupons.  I think they will stick with the compensation they already mentioned.

Have they ever gave a compensation then later made it more?  I cant think of a time of it but I could be wrong.  I'm just basing it off my memory of past.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
But I am optimistic.

So they sold many many more units than they had.
Not a problem when it is preorder except for the customer having to wait a long long time for product.
The long long part worries me.
But I am optimistic.
Not a problem when it is preorder except for the customer having to wait a long long time for product.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

I'm not saying they sold more than they had.  I'm saying they "had" enough "until" it was determined they had boards falling short of declared specifications.

Then, they have to take the time to test each and every board with limited resources.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
My 9/2 order arrived today.  Both are powered up and running at 600Mhz, yielding ~4.8TH.

Sounds good.  That means my order should be shipped soon.  My order was placed on 9/3 at 6:05am.
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles
My 9/2 order arrived today.  Both are powered up and running at 600Mhz, yielding ~4.8TH.

One is at 4.822TH, the other at 4.886TH - but they have only been running a few minutes.

I'm pushing my 30amp 220V power strip to the max with (2) S7s on one half and (3) S4s on the other half.  So close that I had to downshift my S4s from 200MHz to 187Mhz to keep from popping the internal breaker.  Suspect I'll move another power strip into the room and split the load.  I don't like running circuits over 80%.

I'm using the Bitmain 1600W power supplies, which appeared to have nice long PCI-E cables, but it was closer than I liked.

I did notice a howling sound from one unit.  If I put my hand close to the fan it changes the sound.  Ended up putting a small block of wood about an inch in front of the intake fan to keep it quiet.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Of course, I have not toured their facility.  However, I'm beginning to believe BITMAIN does not have a lot of employees.  It's not like they are a computer manufacturer like HP or chip manufacturer like Intel.

It's possible they could of had more employees when the price of bitcoin was higher [Back in the S1 days].  With the price of bitcoin being much lower than end of 2013 and beginning of 2014, they may have let go of some employees.  They may have had more purchase requests than what they could handle.  Then, to add the troubled hash boards into the mix with few employees, it's not a good mix.  They are trying to do the best they can with the resources they have.  I imagine testing and labeling each and every board is quite time consuming.  Especially, if they don't have the man power they need to speed up the process.  Hopefully, they have learned something from this to avoid a similar issue in the future.
legendary

Could be...  OR S7+

Or could be done special for their own data center.  I could see them liking this as 1/3 of controllers needed.  Only configure 1/3 of miners they would with this.

So would not surprise me if they have a internal S7+.   I would eventually guess it comes to public, but they chances are have been doing these custom S7+ in their own data centers for a while.

Agreed.  

I would if I were them.  I plan on getting the longer cords to make it possible to have multiple S7's on one controller after the warranty period.  I'm not sure if disconnecting a controller and hooking up multiple S7's to one controller will void the warranty or not?

After seeing the dust on them, I'm kind of wondering if it's the S5+ though.

I edited my post as well.  It appears they showed this person old miners to.  Look at other pictures on the twitter.  It shows some old miners.

I see S3, and S5 in same picture being shown off.  So second take thinking it's S5+'s there.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Could be...  OR S7+

Or could be done special for their own data center.  I could see them liking this as 1/3 of controllers needed.  Only configure 1/3 of miners they would with this.

So would not surprise me if they have a internal S7+.   I would eventually guess it comes to public, but they chances are have been doing these custom S7+ in their own data centers for a while.

Agreed.  

I would if I were them.  I plan on getting the longer cords to make it possible to have multiple S7's on one controller after the warranty period.  I'm not sure if disconnecting a controller and hooking up multiple S7's to one controller will void the warranty or not?

After seeing the dust on them, I'm kind of wondering if it's the S5+ though.
legendary
As promised, here are more photos from the Shenzhen facility of Bitmain. Thanks again for their hospitality. I have a video of their miners hashing aswell, I'll upload it later on.

https://twitter.com/CryptoStarIN/status/654326052823638016

https://twitter.com/CryptoStarIN/status/654326185242009600

They said they were busy with packaging the miners and shipping them. I hope you guys get yours soon too.

Are those S5+ miners there?  I thought they were done with the S5+.

Could be...  OR S7+

Edit: Would not surprise me if S5+ after looking deeper into it then just two pictures.  They have S3's and S5's in other picture.  So very well could be older miners showed.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
As promised, here are more photos from the Shenzhen facility of Bitmain. Thanks again for their hospitality. I have a video of their miners hashing aswell, I'll upload it later on.

They said they were busy with packaging the miners and shipping them. I hope you guys get yours soon too.

Are those S5+ miners there?  I thought they were done with the S5+.

Could be...  OR S7+
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

Are those S5+ miners there?  I thought they were done with the S5+.
Jump to: