Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 305. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Infected Mushroom
As promised, here are more photos from the Shenzhen facility of Bitmain. Thanks again for their hospitality. I have a video of their miners hashing aswell, I'll upload it later on.

https://twitter.com/CryptoStarIN/status/654326052823638016

https://twitter.com/CryptoStarIN/status/654326185242009600

They said they were busy with packaging the miners and shipping them. I hope you guys get yours soon too.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

It may have been nice if we were given the option to get a faster delivery with the 4.6+ miner than wait for the 4.8+ as it looks like some of the batch 2 may get theirs before us in batch 1.

If you think about it, batch 2 IS batch 1.

I agree but batch 2 is @$250 cheaper. It will be hard to justify the higher price for batch 1 which has not shipped yet, even with the .027 compasation.

I understand your reasoning there.  I think I voiced something similar earlier in the thread.  I appreciate your calm attitude while voicing your opinion without name calling.  I think it's wise for all us to remain calm and patient to see what "compensation" is to come.  They might even throw coupons into the mix with the "compensation" for those who had late shipments and/or rigs below specifications.  I'm just going to be patient and allow them the opportunity to make good on their period of unfortunate events.

Could they have been better with communication?  Yes.  Will they learn from this?  Yes, I believe they will.  Only time and patience will tell.

Cheers M8

I agree name calling is not going to help, and might as well stay cool and level headed.   But Bitmain took a holiday during a batch before it was done.  Understandable they would want time with family over holiday, yes hard to fault the workers there.

But the compensation they have mentioned is pretty horid.  They waited and released it during a weekend, which I think was done so they did not have to hear be at work during first wave of angry customers.

What do you think they will learn from this?  i mean they learned they can do low compensation, and little communication.   I don't think it was a good learning experience.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

It may have been nice if we were given the option to get a faster delivery with the 4.6+ miner than wait for the 4.8+ as it looks like some of the batch 2 may get theirs before us in batch 1.

I agree but batch 2 is @$250 cheaper. It will be hard to justify the higher price for batch 1 which has not shipped yet, even with the .027 compasation.

I understand your reasoning there.  I think I voiced something similar earlier in the thread.  I appreciate your calm attitude while voicing your opinion without name calling.  I think it's wise for all us to remain calm and patient to see what "compensation" is to come.  They might even throw coupons into the mix with the "compensation" for those who had late shipments and/or rigs below specifications.  I'm just going to be patient and allow them the opportunity to make good on their period of unfortunate events.

Could they have been better with communication?  Yes.  Will they learn from this?  Yes, I believe they will.  Only time and patience will tell.

Cheers M8

EDIT:  They are probably short handed, especially with the price of bitcoin these days.  They have batch 2 and 3 orders to fill; quality control with board testing, etc...  I can only imagine what all they have to do right now.  Especially, after awakening to the defective boards.  They may have decided to focus more of their time [With limited man power] on testing boards and shipping, than taking the time to look up the email for each order yet to be filled and sending them communication to apologize for the delay with explanation for compensation.  We have no idea how stressed they may be at this particular time with this unfortunate mishap.  In time, we may find their quality and communication improved through trials and errors.
legendary
Activity: 1232

I agree. Said that awhile back. Batch 2 and 3 popped up too fast. Just more QA was taking place, probably disappointed customers.
Waiting for $35K worth of miners. Please ship Bitmain, I know you have your ears on.

Yes, more QA taking place.  I wish people would refrain from rude comments without giving BITMAIN the opportunity to follow through to completion their "compensation" for those who had to wait.  They may find themselves regretting their rude comments later on.  I understand their disappointment cause I'm still waiting for close to $20K worth of S7's myself.  However, I feel one should still remain "professional" if and/or when problems arise to avoid stress, regrets, burning bridges, etc...  

I have run my own business for quite some time now [Since 1997].  I've had my own share of regrets when saying things I should not have said and doing things I should not have done.  I ended up learning "the hard way" from my own mistakes and times of lacking patience in the past.  I've become a bit more mature in my business dealings with age.

I know of a time when I failed to meet a deadline for a customer and held them up for one week.  The dude cursed me out over the phone [But I remained calm and consoling].  I ended up making it up to him without getting irate back at him and avoided burning bridges.  He ended up apologizing for his rude comments and we ended up being good friends to this date and we play golf together on occasions.

I'm saying all of this just to say we might want to give BITMAIN full opportunity to make good on their unfortunate events that have occurred as of late without being rude.  If they had messed up, I think they would like the opportunity to make good on their mess up without being railed upon.  Being rude doesn't help anything.  It only fuels more hate and discontent [Possibly from both parties].  I can understand "chewing someone a new ass" if that particular someone has been a complete ass hole.  However, I'm not necessarily condoning "chewing a new ass" either.   Cheesy

Patience, truly is a virtue!  If things do not come out as hoped, I still believe karma bestows what is deserved in the end for both parties.  It's okay to have a grievance where it is due.  I just believe those grievances can be voiced without being rude.  There was a time when I would chew someone a new ass like a Marine drill instructor.  I've found [By learning the hard way through the years] is best to try to refrain and be the better person if you can, especially in business dealings.  Doing so [I've found] can be imbibed from the receiving party and end up being fruitful for both parties in the end.

Cheers M8's  

I agree and everyone just needs to think back on how much compensation they got from BFL for the miners that were months (year+)  late. At least Bitmain excepted his mistake and has said he will make good.
legendary
Activity: 1232

I agree but batch 2 is @$250 cheaper. It will be hard to justify the higher price for batch 1 which has not shipped yet, even with the .027 compensation.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

I agree. Said that awhile back. Batch 2 and 3 popped up too fast. Just more QA was taking place, probably disappointed customers.
Waiting for $35K worth of miners. Please ship Bitmain, I know you have your ears on.

Yes, more QA taking place.  I wish people would refrain from rude comments without giving BITMAIN the opportunity to follow through to completion their "compensation" for those who had to wait.  They may find themselves regretting their rude comments later on.  I understand their disappointment cause I'm still waiting for close to $20K worth of S7's myself.  However, I feel one should still remain "professional" if and/or when problems arise to avoid stress, regrets, burning bridges, etc...  

I have run my own business for quite some time now [Since 1997].  I've had my own share of regrets when saying things I should not have said and doing things I should not have done.  I ended up learning "the hard way" from my own mistakes and times of lacking patience in the past.  I've become a bit more mature in my business dealings with age.

I know of a time when I failed to meet a deadline for a customer and held them up for one week.  The dude cursed me out over the phone [But I remained calm and consoling].  I ended up making it up to him without getting irate back at him and avoided burning bridges.  He ended up apologizing for his rude comments and we ended up being good friends to this date and we play golf together on occasions.

I'm saying all of this just to say we might want to give BITMAIN full opportunity to make good on their unfortunate events that have occurred as of late without being rude.  If they had messed up, I think they would like the opportunity to make good on their mess up without being railed upon.  Being rude doesn't help anything.  It only fuels more hate and discontent [Possibly from both parties].  I can understand "chewing someone a new ass" if that particular someone has been a complete ass hole.  However, I'm not necessarily condoning "chewing a new ass" either.   Cheesy

Patience, truly is a virtue!  If things do not come out as hoped, I still believe karma bestows what is deserved in the end for both parties.  It's okay to have a grievance where it is due.  I just believe those grievances can be voiced without being rude.  There was a time when I would chew someone a new ass like a Marine drill instructor.  I've found [By learning the hard way through the years] is best to try to refrain and be the better person if you can, especially in business dealings.  Doing so [I've found] can be imbibed from the receiving party and end up being fruitful for both parties in the end.

Cheers M8's  
Activity: 470
Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles
FYI:  My 9/2 order cleared customs this morning.  Arrived there Sunday night - so a 2+ day delay.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Does anyone have any S7 coupons for sale? - PM me, looking for around 20.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523

i will check my s-7 in the morning.

mine has been in house for three weeks.

i don't have anything on mine (B1 S7)-pre golden week shipping.

Mine does not have m 600 so the m600 is like a quality inspection pass

Well, that about confirms it. Now we just need someone with a default clock speed of 575 M to chime in.

Mine also got the 600M sticker! I decided to break warranty on one of my units, and ran a 625Mhz clock all night. The avg. result was worse than stock-clock, 4,7X TH/s.
The variable is this: When I overclocked, I configured the fan to run at 100%, this put the temp on the hashing boards at 30-35C. I actually believe this might be the reason for the poor results, they seem to thrive at higher temperatures.

I agree; higher temperatures give better performance.  ~62 C seems to be optimal with mine.

this seems to vary as mine is throttling down above 56C, but I agree, for example 54C is better than 51-2C.
I guess everyone should find the optimum for their machine by using freq and fan% as variables (although doing this will probably negate the warranty), so for most waiting 90 days is a solid choice.
I also noticed the following: upon "soft" reboot the machine sometimes gets into a "good" state with errors at 0.005-0.006%, but sometimes into "less good" state-errors at 0.01-0.018%-in this latter case the speed tends to be lower and cannot truly stabilize at >4.86. I had very similar behavior with S3 before.

Conclusion: not an easy machine for hosting-you would have to nag hosting people to soft boot it periodically if you don't have direct access to a machine, otherwise you are bound to periodically lose 5-7% of the hashing speed.

I use teamviewer with a laptop at the colo for monitoring.
The plugs are all NEMA L6-30 so I use AP7911 remote PDU , about $100 on ebay shipped.
Never have to bug the colo guys.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Have I mentioned how much I like the S7 so far? Some quick stats:

625MHz = 1220w DC (From PSU) 1300w AC (From WALL) 5015 gh/s 12.05v at hash board
650MHz = 1267w DC (From PSU) 1352w AC (From WALL) 5220 gh/s 12.05v at hash board

Next stop, 675MHz.  Shocked

Mine was more than happy at 675, although I'm at stock now for noise levels. See the hash rate / power / temp / clock speed graph in my guide. tldr though is if you don't care about warranty then any overclocking headroom is free (risky) money due to the linear power consumption of fixed voltage..
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
my batch two should do just that.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but a large number of people haven't received their B1 orders. The fact you did receive your order, happily mining away and postulating on your excitement of your B2 order while others receive no response from phone calls or emails from Bitmain on B1 orders is aggravating. Granted, I am in that group sitting on a $20k order with no communication or "concrete updates", so I apologize for pointing out my own frustration.

On a personal front, I apologize for being an antagonist in this thread and I am not singling you out by any means. I don't speak Chinese, so my only outlet is this farcking thread....

Ufo

edit:

I know there are likely tons of people that have received their orders and don't bother posting after they get their gear. I get that dynamic, I just wish I was in that group, so call it jealousy. Smiley

Well my 3 cost me about 5300.  The Batch 1's came  fast because I ordered 1 on hour 1 and second on hour three.  I overpaid the btc fee to get fast confirms.  So by 3 hours and 30 minutes from opening of sales they were paid and cleared.

I spent two days on one thread showing people how to sound proof the gear.
When I got the underhashing issues developed I spent two days on a second thead showing people a fix.
While the fix works for me and others it seems to be partial not perfect.

I get that 20k is more then 5k. I do respect you anger and moodiness about this.
Some reading for you to kill the time:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-sound-proof-a-pair-of-s-7-miners-1188217

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/my-bitmaintech-s-7-underpreforms-at-freq-600-freq-550-not-freq-500-fixed-1196671

this thread below is good for you as you will have more then 1 s-7  

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/s7-controller-has-nine-18-pin-jacks-so-what-can-we-do-with-it-1173573
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
To those who have bought a unit or many, does Bitmain state the serial number/s of the unit/s anywhere in your Bitmain account?
legendary
Activity: 1428
https://www.bitworks.io
Conclusion: not an easy machine for hosting-you would have to nag hosting people to soft boot it periodically if you don't have direct access to a machine, otherwise you are bound to periodically lose 5-7% of the hashing speed.

One of the best bumps I ever made for hosting was remotely managed PDUs.. You are right that it is a drain on hosting, and depending on the company they will start charging for it..
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

Well, that about confirms it. Now we just need someone with a default clock speed of 575 M to chime in.

Mine also got the 600M sticker! I decided to break warranty on one of my units, and ran a 625Mhz clock all night. The avg. result was worse than stock-clock, 4,7X TH/s.
The variable is this: When I overclocked, I configured the fan to run at 100%, this put the temp on the hashing boards at 30-35C. I actually believe this might be the reason for the poor results, they seem to thrive at higher temperatures.

I agree; higher temperatures give better performance.  ~62 C seems to be optimal with mine.

this seems to vary as mine is throttling down above 56C, but I agree, for example 54C is better than 51-2C.
I guess everyone should find the optimum for their machine by using freq and fan% as variables (although doing this will probably negate the warranty), so for most waiting 90 days is a solid choice.
I also noticed the following: upon "soft" reboot the machine sometimes gets into a "good" state with errors at 0.005-0.006%, but sometimes into "less good" state-errors at 0.01-0.018%-in this latter case the speed tends to be lower and cannot truly stabilize at >4.86. I had very similar behavior with S3 before.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Cool, you must have one of the first public ones. I've got  feeling you won't have stickers.

Have I mentioned how much I like the S7 so far?

Some quick stats:

625MHz = 1220w DC (From PSU) 1300w AC (From WALL) 5015 gh/s 12.05v at hash board
650MHz = 1267w DC (From PSU) 1352w AC (From WALL) 5220 gh/s 12.05v at hash board

675mhz..Huh   I tried such experiments with S5... and the effect is that after a short time, a few months after,  the week I again set a default frequency. so after a few months begin to appear badly chips. You see them as a xxxx 0000.... and It could not fix it back.
I wish you many happy moments of overclocking Smiley Wink

There's always a risk when it comes to overclocking. I personally have never destroyed HW by only upping the clock speed and not increasing voltage, but it's possible.

675 wasn't really an improvement over 650 for me, same thing for 700MHz. I'm running 650MHz for now.
Activity: 293
Cool, you must have one of the first public ones. I've got  feeling you won't have stickers.

Have I mentioned how much I like the S7 so far?

Some quick stats:

675mhz..Huh   I tried such experiments with S5... and the effect is that after a short time, a few months after,  the week I again set a default frequency. so after a few months begin to appear badly chips. You see them as a xxxx 0000.... and It could not fix it back.
I wish you many happy moments of overclocking Smiley Wink
legendary
Activity: 1596

Interesting. Post your results after you let it run with the fans on automatic, like mine are set to.

Some quick stats:

Next stop, 675MHz.  Shocked

Just curious what PSU are you using to power these?

For now, a DPS2000B.
As I have promised. I'll add more pictures as soon as I have a solid internet access. Bitmain is indeed very friendly and Thanks for their hospitality.

Visited #Bitmain at Shenzen. Seen a lot of S7s. Photos soon. http:/[Suspicious link removed]/3gJPaLhIfa
(https://twitter.com/CryptoStarIN/status/654265079236530176?s=09)

Thanks for the pics.
Do we an idea when they are going to ship?
My 50TH farm is running 10TH now with all the holes waiting to be filled.
Just some idea, best guess even.
Ship it!
Jump to: