Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 316. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
I've been asking for a full Refund since Sept 29th for this Pile.. Still no response to my tickets..

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
+1

I wouldn't mind joining you on your crusade, I got 2 weeks vacation left. Send me a PM if interested.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

You are doing what?

This is the company so many people ran to defend when people were complaining about 3rd, 4th, and 5th S4 power supplies dying.
This is the company some people are still being so optimistic about.

This is the company you get on your knees and bow to them so you can play a political game and hope you get your miner in working condition, or many people do not even have a miner on order.

Again, I say if you cannot appreciate what it is to be treated correctly, you need to get out of your own abusive relationship. You deserve better!
... and that is exactly what we have here folks, an abusive relationship.
We are staying with someone who beats, yells, and morally abuses us, and we go back saying "please sir, may I have another?"

Well, I can tell you people and companies continue to treat you this way as long as you let them. I am speaking of myself as well.
This is a steaming pile of dung served to us on a cold plate and we are told to eat, you better smile and act like you enjoy it.

This is an obvious sign this company has customer service pulling down everything and they are not going up, but down. I *thought* they have tons of money, but now, no, they don't have any and are scraping to meet current orders. This is the only explanation. I've read enough of the hashfast and others, but this is the first time I have seen a successful company go the other direction.

To offer us the few dollars per day for a few days or even weeks is ridiculous. What if we are religiously opposed to mining on Bitmain's PPS pool? They are basing that amount on something they will be pulling in plus. The "test" machines in their mines will be getting sent to us. They are mining with them during the most profitable times.

Look at what suchmoon states. He is eloquently pointing out how we are true sheeple now. There is no denying it. I will join the others who have requested a full refund. I have no delusions I will receive it, but I agree with the gentleman who stated the original sales agreement was not met. Therefore this has nothing to do with warranty, and everything to do with honoring the original sale. 

I urge others to investigate other ways to support the bitcoin ecosystem. I began doing so recently as bitmain will see us all ripped of our dignity and continue stealing from the community.

Do you think for one second they didn't know about this problem when they took our money?
if this were a local business in your area would you be treated this way? Would you tolerate it? I hope not, because I would be there the second the door opened with an opportunity for them to take advantage of, and it would only involve them looking me in the eyes after they bend me over. They certainly would not be able to hide behind the internet.

I blame no one but myself for my stupidity. However after so many in this community came to the defense of bitmain after the S4 debacle, and the way they treated people I began to come around, and my curious side gets the better of me so I say sure and ordered an S5+. It has been running ok except for a few minor issues which would not be acceptable in any other business except this one because we have allowed our standards to become so low.

It is OK if they bend you over the table as long as they knock you out with drugs and give you a reach around when you wake up? If not, tell them, and tell anyone who will listen.

The ONLY precedence in something like this has been set by SCAMS, con artists and the lowest trash type of people in the world.

I understand bitmain doesn't care what we say, and that makes it even worse. I will see them at a conference, and like Josh Garza they better have bodyguards or be ready to sit and listen to what I have to say. Big words from someone behind a keyboard eh? Well, I have the money and time to devote to a personal crusade, so I may as well make it this one.

What stinks the most is knowing there are people out there who spent money they shouldn't have, you've seen it if you've been around any amount of time and lived through any type of scam. People are sucked in by the magic money boxes and know they will make X dollars, or *think* they will, and who suffers? Their fault sure, the person who spent the money I mean, but it doesn't change the fact that this company lied, they are cheating every person who ordered batch 1 and hasn't received what they were told they would.

I firmly believe bitmain is in the toilet financially, they do not and never will have the appropriate leadership to run a proper business, they have no clue in how to treat customers, and the people that make the decisions are too inexperienced to operate anything other than a local check cashing service. At least people know they are getting ripped off when they walk in the door.

Rush out another underperformer bitmain. Keep telling us how wonderful your latest chip technology is. Let me tell you how impressive this empty space on my rack is doing:
Not a fucking thing is how great it is.

Yoshi has made an effort with some people over the years and that is obvious, but he makes it clear he has no control over bitmain, he does what he can. He sent me a fan because bitmain refused to even acknowledge an email. This is after I spent 2,500 USD. The fan failed after a week. They offered to sell me one. At Least Yoshi was honest, which is what I asked for him to be, I said just tell me if I'm screwed, just tell me you aren't going to honor your own warranty. This is while we were on the phone. I was polite, professional, but like a good investigator I do ask the tough questions. I asked Yoshi I said personally Yoshi, not as a bitmain employee but your own personal opinion is this right? He was honest and sincere when he replied and said no, it isn't right, but it is what they do in these situations.

I should have known better, and I let myself make bad choices. I will no longer do so. I will not stop discussing this either. I do not care how many "people" begin to cower down again after they begin receiving their units and are happily discussing the latest mod or hashrate and I will do everything possible to warn every nub that even though there is not another manufacturer, do not go here because you will be what? Say it with me, you will be FUCKED.

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Would this work for the S7?
How many VGA cords would I be short on, and would there be a way to fix that?
http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=120-G2-1600-X1

EVGA 1600 GOld has 14 PCIe connectors, so you are covered, but it costs >$300 while mildly used EVGA 1300 Gold (has 8 connectors) would cost you ~$125 and it will run S7 with an addition of two of these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NNTVT6

I am running my S7 on EVGA 1300 as described above and it is stable so far (~two weeks)
Edit: I have an extra EVGA 1300 with two additional startech PCIE splitters-can sell to someone if needed (reason-did not order second S7 that i planned to use)
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

this has nine pcie cords some are 2x headed plug all into the 3 boards  leave the 2 headed pcie cords  ½ empty just use 1 head.

the empty heads are great to show you full load volt measurements

this is easy to fix  use 1 sata to pcie adapter   and plug it into the controller

http://www.amazon.com/Branded-8inch-15pin-Express-Power/dp/B005NJXY7O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1444581473&sr=8-2&keywords=sata+to+pcie
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I am getting blank page from bitmain.com last few hours.  Is it just me?

Is it just you

$ curl -vvv bitmain.com && date
* Adding handle: conn: 0xabd290
* Adding handle: send: 0
* Adding handle: recv: 0
* Curl_addHandleToPipeline: length: 1
* - Conn 0 (0xabd290) send_pipe: 1, recv_pipe: 0
* About to connect() to bitmain.com port 80 (#0)
*   Trying 119.9.104.56...
* Connected to bitmain.com (119.9.104.56) port 80 (#0)
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> User-Agent: curl/7.30.0
> Host: bitmain.com
> Accept: */*
>
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
* Server nginx/1.4.6 (Ubuntu) is not blacklisted
< Server: nginx/1.4.6 (Ubuntu)
< Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 16:01:48 GMT
< Content-Type: text/html
< Content-Length: 261
< Last-Modified: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 02:47:06 GMT
< Connection: keep-alive
< ETag: "5539aeaa-105"
< Accept-Ranges: bytes
<
* Connection #0 to host bitmain.com left intact
Sun Oct 11 16:02:04 GMT 2015
Activity: 165
I am getting blank page from bitmain.com last few hours.  Is it just me?

Working now....
Activity: 126
" All sales are final. No refunds will be given. Defective machines can be repaired for free under the Bitmain warranty policy. After the warranty period, machines can be repaired for the cost of parts and labor."
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Everybody is very pesimistic.Everything is going to be all right.Relax...

Lose money every delayed day...If it lasts more then a week, it will be a problem.

I do not think they will refund however they will compensate losses at an extent.

I for one am optimistic. Relaxing is still a challenge .
Activity: 221
..when you will realize, how stupid is to pre-order something with BTC?

as i can see.....never  Wink
the story is repeating every time when new hardware is anounced.
legendary
Activity: 918
Merit: 1000
Everybody is very pesimistic.Everything is going to be all right.Relax...

Lose money every delayed day...If it lasts more then a week, it will be a problem.

I do not think they will refund however they will compensate losses at an extent.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Heh, good luck ever getting this "compensation". It took me 6 months of fighting tooth and nail to get my promised batch 1 S4 PSU failure compensation. In the end, it wasn't even bitmain who compensated me, it was Yoshi who did paying me directly out of his own pocket. Really sad stuff. Bitmain totally reneged on their promise. I guarantee most of us won't see any comps, not that they're even worth fighting for.

I wish bitmain would just go back to be the honorable and reputable company they once were.  Undecided Hopefully (very unlikely, unfortunately) this is only a speed bump.

Yoshi is a great guy.  He and his team are great to deal with.  I truly wish the company was a little more on his level with customers.

I still remember a conference where S3 was new and Yoshi took a decent amount of time to talk specs, and talk S3 mining with me.  He made it very enjoyable.   I vote to promote Yoshi in the company to running more then some of the support.

He knows how to treat customers.

HEAR HEAR!
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
those never-ending stories with pre-orders, delays, asking for refunds, whining mails and posts about dreamed machines from China:)

..a then, some other mining "company" appears, guys will start sending their BTC and again and again. Like BFL, like Avalon, like KNC, like HashFast, like Cointerra, like bla bla bla..when you will realize, how stupid is to pre-order something with BTC?

never? ok, then suffer.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Correct is they made us batch 3 price or return full money for delay. The problem is of company not for us, they promise shipping before day 11 and today said us make us a hasheesh contract but we don't want hasheesh contract.

If they want repair the problem first must return us full money or make us a bonus of difference price of batch 3 and batch 1.

For me is a scam buy 1 month ago and no send in time and new batch is more cheaper than my batch. I think i will denounce to police if they not return me full money or return me difference between batch 1 and batch 3.

What do you think??

i do the same like UfoRia, mailed Bitmaintech-Support and request a full refund:

Hi Support-Team,

With the official posting from BM of the compensation for B1 orders on the bitcoin forum, will full refunds be available?

Order: (xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
BTC: 1823 USD ( 7.913 BTC )
Purchase Date: 2015-09-04 17:36:24
Shipping may start between Sept. 21 ~ 30 (if shipped out 10 days later than it, it won't be considered as delay )

Now we are over the 10day and it is  to be considered as delay, and i will cancel this order
with a full refund.

Thanks
xxxxxxxxx

I wonder what they will do.
Nothing. They don't care about their customers as this is a monopoly. It will only get worst until we have other companies selling too.

Bitmain has enjoyed a lot of good will with this community. You have burned through that now and are well on your way to ruining your reputation.

To wit, Bitmain's business practices since the S3 launch has disgusted me to the point of retiring from mining altogether.

Will be shipping out the last of my sold miners on Monday.

End of an era.
Same.

Heh, good luck ever getting this "compensation". It took me 6 months of fighting tooth and nail to get my promised batch 1 S4 PSU failure compensation. In the end, it wasn't even bitmain who compensated me, it was Yoshi who did paying me directly out of his own pocket. Really sad stuff. Bitmain totally reneged on their promise. I guarantee most of us won't see any comps, not that they're even worth fighting for.

I wish bitmain would just go back to be the honorable and reputable company they once were.  Undecided Hopefully (very unlikely, unfortunately) this is only a speed bump.

Yoshi is a great guy.  He and his team are great to deal with.  I truly wish the company was a little more on his level with customers.

I still remember a conference where S3 was new and Yoshi took a decent amount of time to talk specs, and talk S3 mining with me.  He made it very enjoyable.   I vote to promote Yoshi in the company to running more then some of the support.

I have to disagree with you, he's just like all the rest of bitmaintech. Perhaps prior to s3 he was attentive like you said, but now I can say he's no different.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Will there be coupons and anything to compensate the B1 buyers pricing discrepancy with your B2/3 miners?
Why would they do that? If we made an agreement yesterday, any agreement I make today with another party has no impact standing on ours.
Activity: 484
Merit: 251
i do the same like UfoRia, mailed Bitmaintech-Support and request a full refund:

Hi Support-Team,

With the official posting from BM of the compensation for B1 orders on the bitcoin forum, will full refunds be available?

Shipping may start between Sept. 21 ~ 30 (if shipped out 10 days later than it, it won't be considered as delay )

Now we are over the 10day and it is  to be considered as delay, and i will cancel this order
with a full refund.

Thanks
xxxxxxxxx

Nothing. They don't care about their customers as this is a monopoly. It will only get worst until we have other companies selling too.

Bitmain has enjoyed a lot of good will with this community. You have burned through that now and are well on your way to ruining your reputation.

To wit, Bitmain's business practices since the S3 launch has disgusted me to the point of retiring from mining altogether.

Will be shipping out the last of my sold miners on Monday.

End of an era.
Same.

I have to disagree with you, he's just like all the rest of bitmaintech. Perhaps prior to s3 he was attentive like you said, but now I can say he's no different.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Hi Support-Team,

with a full refund.

Thanks
xxxxxxxxx

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

Hi Support-Team,

with a full refund.

Thanks
xxxxxxxxx
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Surely they should offer a refund or the difference between B1 and B2/3?

What's the general consensus?

This is exactly what they should do.

I would be fine with accepting the difference between batch 1 and batch 3 prices, as long as they have really worked through their problems and can actually deliver well performing S7 units in the B3 timeframe.

Absolutely. I'm quite sure that according to e.g. US consumer protection laws they should be offering full refunds anyway. Nice to be based in China I guess.
Jump to: