Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 317. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Maybe, I used to be a forum stalker for a long time. I have $20k tied up in this and have my opinions, so I created an opinion thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1205616.new#new
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
All,

Interesting, I am being moderated. I can no longer edit or quote a comment....

Ufo

maybe because you posted too many posts for a newbie. i think there is a limit of 50 of something like this.
All,

Interesting, I am being moderated. I can no longer edit or quote a comment....

Ufo
I asked the question to the US support person and [email protected].........

Hi REMOVED,

With the official posting from BM of the compensation for B1 orders on the bitcoin forum, will full refunds be available?

Order: (REDACTED)
BTC: XXX.XXX

Thanks,

UfoRia
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Surely they should offer a refund or the difference between B1 and B2/3?

What's the general consensus?

This is exactly what they should do.

I would be fine with accepting the difference between batch 1 and batch 3 prices, as long as they have really worked through their problems and can actually deliver well performing S7 units in the B3 timeframe.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
We don't know what happened. Since engineers are involved, it must be something other that 4.6/4.86 issue.
I planned to order another unit, but now might wait despite having a coupon that will expire soon.
I could never figure out what 10-12 00:00:00 means (Shanghai?, UTC?).
If Shanghai, then it is already 1:29pm Oct 11 there now, so only ~10.5 hours left (until 10am eastern US).

Yeah, like  OP ^^^ said, i can also sell you a coupon if you want it.

They turn a different color and say something like expired or something when over.  So if not that likely still can be used.

But I'm not sure what time coupon's are linked to either. Maybe we can hope this is a temp solution and they did not want two coupons going at once that are decent (i'm not sure on that though can you use 2 coupons on one order if they are different? I just have only had 1 at most).   That is only shread of hope I can think of giving people.

But it's a very small chance it happens though after announcement.
We don't know what happened. Since engineers are involved, it must be something other that 4.6/4.86 issue.
I planned to order another unit, but now might wait despite having a coupon that will expire soon.
If Shanghai, then it is already 1:29pm Oct 11 there now, so only ~10.5 hours left (until 10am eastern US).

China and Hong Kong afaik are all in the same time zone.

Ufo
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
FU Bitmain. I want a refund, not this BS excuse for customer service.

I get free power so u can shove your 'compensation' after the 11th until shipping date.
I'm sure others feel the same about the $6 daily 'compensation you are essentially offering.(after fees)

Hah. Can't even yell at them through another ticket as it's erroring out.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

legendary
Activity: 1596
I'm selling 2X $100 off S7 coupons. PM if interested!

Sounds like no coupons.  Wow I guessed wrong complexity on this.  Never guessed they would do PPS on day's till ship that is a new way for BM for sure.

I am pretty shocked right now.   Not sure about everyone else on this.  

I think BM's liquidity should be called into question at this point. Maybe I am simply angry at their compensation statement, but waiting this long for a response has me angry simply due to their lack of transparency.

They screwed up on their first production run of chips, farcking admit it. Make the B1 orders whole and accept that the semiconductor facilities they used didn't meet their designs or their designs didn't account for minimal variations in voltage that caused issues from several people that received their August orders.

It's simple, make B1 orders whole, allow for refunds or accept that mistakes were made. Accepting the problem is the first step, the second step is to make B1 orders fair when compared to B2/B3 orders.

What level of customer service will BM accept as reasonable? I am sure their large mega-mines that were early supplied have already voiced their concerns. Only one person I know that ordered more than fifty will even state that they are seeing the same issues, so maybe they want to sort out the mega-mines first?

Difficulty rising, halving approaching and some are waiting over a month for their gear. Surely they should offer a refund or the difference between B1 and B2/3?

What's the general consensus?

Ufo
legendary
Heh, good luck ever getting this "compensation". It took me 6 months of fighting tooth and nail to get my promised batch 1 S4 PSU failure compensation. In the end, it wasn't even bitmain who compensated me, it was Yoshi who did paying me directly out of his own pocket. Really sad stuff. Bitmain totally reneged on their promise. I guarantee most of us won't see any comps, not that they're even worth fighting for.

I wish bitmain would just go back to be the honorable and reputable company they once were.  Undecided Hopefully (very unlikely, unfortunately) this is only a speed bump.

Yoshi is a great guy.  He and his team are great to deal with.  I truly wish the company was a little more on his level with customers.

I still remember a conference where S3 was new and Yoshi took a decent amount of time to talk specs, and talk S3 mining with me.  He made it very enjoyable.   I vote to promote Yoshi in the company to running more then some of the support.

He knows how to treat customers.

Yes, he's definitely better than average over there. He's too busy to deal with individual customers, though. End up having to repeat answers 5 times before actions happen. Not his fault I imagine, he's simply too busy to keep track of everything.
legendary
Heh, good luck ever getting this "compensation". It took me 6 months of fighting tooth and nail to get my promised batch 1 S4 PSU failure compensation. In the end, it wasn't even bitmain who compensated me, it was Yoshi who did paying me directly out of his own pocket. Really sad stuff. Bitmain totally reneged on their promise. I guarantee most of us won't see any comps, not that they're even worth fighting for.

I wish bitmain would just go back to be the honorable and reputable company they once were.  Undecided Hopefully (very unlikely, unfortunately) this is only a speed bump.

Yoshi is a great guy.  He and his team are great to deal with.  I truly wish the company was a little more on his level with customers.

I still remember a conference where S3 was new and Yoshi took a decent amount of time to talk specs, and talk S3 mining with me.  He made it very enjoyable.   I vote to promote Yoshi in the company to running more then some of the support.

He knows how to treat customers.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Dear loyal customers,

We're sorry to inform you that we didn't make the shipment of some orders today as promised. When we did the last spot check, we found some issues which cannot be delivered to you directly, engineers are working on it now and shipment should be arranged before end of next week.

Due to this trouble, we'd like to offer you the compensation following 97.5%*PPS payment according to the total hash rate of miners in order, starting from Oct. 11 Hong Kong Time, till the real shipping out date(which is not included), with electricity cost deducted at the price of $0.098/KWH.

The accounting unit is Bitcoin in the calculating, while USD is considered as a foreign currency. The day to day exchange rate will be get from Bitstamp daily average.

The final payment will be after we have collected your payment address, and we will inform you the way to confirm your receiving address with us.

After collect all the necessary info, we'll process the refund by batches, please wait for update patiently.

Thank you very much for an update, it is very much appreciated. What about the difference between B1 and the others, will anything be done to accommodate the pricing differences?

Ufo

Sounds like no coupons.  Wow I guessed wrong complexity on this.  Never guessed they would do PPS on day's till ship that is a new way for BM for sure.

I am pretty shocked right now.   Not sure about everyone else on this.   

Hmm well thats interesting. I didn't expect lost miner time income compensation. Id complain about the 0.1$/kWh but then again at current difficulty and the efficiency of the S7, that won't amount in too much.

I'm guessing they stopped shipping because they had so many bad units.

I think you are reading something into this wrong.  I think it was that they did not have the unit's.   They shipped under spec one's they just sent emails asking if it was ok for X compensation.

So they did ship those out to they did not only ship grade A out.  It likely was they did not have them, or out of chips or something holding up the process.

My train of thoughts was; Bitmain open order for X units. When X units order is filled they get an issue that disallow them to ship all the units as they would of been supposed to. A potential explanation would be either something happen with a batch at the manufacturer, or they decided to only send units that do 4.6/4.77+THs.
legendary

legendary
Dear loyal customers,

We're sorry to inform you that we didn't make the shipment of some orders today as promised. When we did the last spot check, we found some issues which cannot be delivered to you directly, engineers are working on it now and shipment should be arranged before end of next week.

Due to this trouble, we'd like to offer you the compensation following 97.5%*PPS payment according to the total hash rate of miners in order, starting from Oct. 11 Hong Kong Time, till the real shipping out date(which is not included), with electricity cost deducted at the price of $0.098/KWH.

The accounting unit is Bitcoin in the calculating, while USD is considered as a foreign currency. The day to day exchange rate will be get from Bitstamp daily average.

The final payment will be after we have collected your payment address, and we will inform you the way to confirm your receiving address with us.

After collect all the necessary info, we'll process the refund by batches, please wait for update patiently.

Thank you very much for an update, it is very much appreciated. What about the difference between B1 and the others, will anything be done to accommodate the pricing differences?

Ufo

Sounds like no coupons.  Wow I guessed wrong complexity on this.  Never guessed they would do PPS on day's till ship that is a new way for BM for sure.

I am pretty shocked right now.   Not sure about everyone else on this.  

Hmm well thats interesting. I didn't expect lost miner time income compensation. Id complain about the 0.1$/kWh but then again at current difficulty and the efficiency of the S7, that won't amount in too much.

I think you are reading something into this wrong.  I think it was that they did not have the unit's.   They shipped under spec one's they just sent emails asking if it was ok for X compensation.

So they did ship those out to they did not only ship grade A out.  It likely was they did not have them, or out of chips or something holding up the process. And the process went to a stand still for the holiday.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Bitmain has enjoyed a lot of good will with this community. You have burned through that now and are well on your way to ruining your reputation.

To wit, Bitmain's business practices since the S3 launch has disgusted me to the point of retiring from mining altogether.

Will be shipping out the last of my sold miners on Monday.

End of an era.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Dear loyal customers,

Ufo

Sounds like no coupons.  Wow I guessed wrong complexity on this.  Never guessed they would do PPS on day's till ship that is a new way for BM for sure.

If they offer a refund I will take it and buy the s7's dumped on eBay in April and March, while trading in the meantime.

While they finally offered an official statement, I am amazed at how they expected miners to react to the pittance they offered. I hope they will offer refunds or other options since their response thus far is simply a slap in the face of the early adopters that floated them through pressing.

Ufo
legendary
Dear loyal customers,

Ufo

Jump to: