Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 341. (Read 527816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
my miner came quickly, but it runs slowly.

i can not get past 4600 and errors are .1100

I'm in same boat man.. Buck luckily one of mine is a good one, second one is a dud like yours.  Did you try 593?  Seems mine likes that so far, we will see if she holds though

Bitmain emailed me agn saying it's probably due to PSU variance, that running two on a single 2880w PSU isn't ideal as each of them need 1500w at minimum to function fully..  I dunno if I should believe this?

And yeah the sagging after awhile is totally legit.. My dud unit over the course of the weekend dropped 600gh down to 3.9TH

Not a ton of PSU's are in that range.  Seems like they are saying to use their server PSU with it - https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201505040743496917U7kGsCm0694  1600w would make it one of the best for the job if their recommendations are correct.

If you have only the "dud" plugged in to the 2880w do you get better results?

That's going to be my task tomorrow.. Once I set them up initially I haven't mesed with them, other than a hard reboot after the weekend when the one was hashing at 3.9
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

I'm in same boat man.. Buck luckily one of mine is a good one, second one is a dud like yours.  Did you try 593?  Seems mine likes that so far, we will see if she holds though

Bitmain emailed me agn saying it's probably due to PSU variance, that running two on a single 2880w PSU isn't ideal as each of them need 1500w at minimum to function fully..  I dunno if I should believe this?

And yeah the sagging after awhile is totally legit.. My dud unit over the course of the weekend dropped 600gh down to 3.9TH

Not a ton of PSU's are in that range.  Seems like they are saying to use their server PSU with it - https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201505040743496917U7kGsCm0694  1600w would make it one of the best for the job if their recommendations are correct.

If you have only the "dud" plugged in to the 2880w do you get better results?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I am really interested in the performance thread philipma1957 created now for personal interest. This is super disappointing, I hope it doesn't continue to sag for you philipma1957. This may explain why they have three batches.....maybe they will swap them out or give you a more reasonable refund on the performance difference.

Think of all of the large mining companies that are offline now about to come online after refitting. I am curious if the jump in difficulty will be as huge as everyone was expecting.

Ufo
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

Thank you for the information. Do you have the exact date of your order?

Power Supplies - 2015/09/04
More Power Supplies and nine S7's - 2015/09/08

Shit, I thought that locked thread you created was for anti-trolling feedback. Now I am worried since I have nine on the way. sldkjfl;aksldkfjlaskjdflk

Ufo

/set mode worried 1
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

sorry to hear this, but I thought that you got a couple.
is second similar to the first one?

yes both were able to do 4750, 4775  = 4625 but   after a week burn in they sagged a bit.

I find that freq at 500 is better  so frankly  500/600 = 83.3 %    this is 16.7% short .

I paid about 7.8btc so I should get about 1.3 btc refund.

Now they will argue that at 600 I get say 4400 th    which is 91.67%  or about 8.33% short which is about  a .65 btc refund.

Saving space

That sagging is a little bit worrysome.  As you don't know if it might continue more.    I wonder what the cause is as this is about the speed of batch 2 (the slower ones).

Anyways I hope they make it right.  Please let us know what happens.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

yes both were able to do 4750, 4775  = 4625 but   after a week burn in they sagged a bit.

I find that freq at 500 is better  so frankly  500/600 = 83.3 %    this is 16.7% short .

I paid about 7.8btc so I should get about 1.3 btc refund.

Now they will argue that at 600 I get say 4400 th    which is 91.67%  or about 8.33% short which is about  a .65 btc refund.

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)

I felt sure that the S7 was going to be a solid machine after the S5 performed so well.  It's starting out a bit shaky!
Activity: 306
Merit: 250
I ordered on the first of september and still my unit hasnt shipped, is this normal?

I can't paste the email because of their correspondence contract/disclaimer, but in general terms there were a ton of large orders on batch one. I ordered a couple of weeks after they popped up online and then they sold out a couple of weeks later, which puts me in the middle. I am changing jobs the second week of October, so I asked them if there was any chance I would receive my order before then. I work from home now and won't be at my new job, so I wanted to work on the logistics.

I was told that my order may ship the first part of October since there are so many large orders ahead of me.  Cry

Ufo

Thank you for the information. Do you have the exact date of your order?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

Sorry to hear that, Phil.  Maybe you can get a partial refund or one that performs to their quote.  It should be up to you on this one.  One would like to think so.
legendary
Merit: 1068

Sound pretty subpar, like the first batch of S3's iirc and not all that different with S5 batch one? Maybe you're illegible for a partial refund? Kinda disappointing that Bitmain keep repeating the same error with First batches.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Thanks for the update.  

I wouldn't call it an update since dannygroove ordered his on 9/1 and his hasn't shipped yet. I am hopeful that my order is shipped before October 12-14th since it throws off all of my ROI calculations if it is later. Sad

Ufo

I would call it one.  I could be wrong but it seems to indicate there will be employees working during the holiday.  They may be getting paid double time but it looks like they may be working.  Time will tell...
Thanks for the update.  

I wouldn't call it an update since dannygroove ordered his on 9/1 and his hasn't shipped yet. I am hopeful that my order is shipped before October 12-14th since it throws off all of my ROI calculations if it is later. Sad

Ufo
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I can't paste the email because of their correspondence contract/disclaimer, but in general terms there were a ton of large orders on batch one. I ordered a couple of weeks after they popped up online and then they sold out a couple of weeks later, which puts me in the middle. I am changing jobs the second week of October, so I asked them if there was any chance I would receive my order before then. I work from home now and won't be at my new job, so I wanted to work on the logistics.

I was told that my order may ship the first part of October since there are so many large orders ahead of me.  Cry

Ufo

Thanks for the update. 
I ordered on the first of september and still my unit hasnt shipped, is this normal?

Ufo
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Someone else might be able to answer that one better than I.  I didn't begin research on mining until batch 1 of the S3.  I jumped in at batch 8.  I bought batch 2 of the S4 and avoided PSU issues.  All of my S4's worked great!!!  No issues.

I'm just curious if we choose to wait if we can get a refund equivalent to or close to the price of batch 3 and be the first on the delivery list?  Me speculating about this is probably meaningless.  I may get no email except a notification of delivery of 4.86 TH/s rigs delivered within the 10 days after the stated shipping dates with no hiccups.  Only time will tell.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Hopefully everything in this thread are fairy tales. That's what I choose to believe until I hear otherwise from Bitmain!

+1
Jump to: