Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 343. (Read 527816 times)

grn
Activity: 357
Merit: 252
I have a few $100.00 coupons available .1 each PM if interested

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12556728

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Still have one S7 coupon, pm me if you are interested
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
I have one more $100 dollar coupon.  I am wiling to part with it for .1 BTC if anyone is interested.  Sold

Don't forget those coupons out there as they make it a even better deal now that the S7 is a tad lower.    

Did you get coupons for buying S5+ or what?  I don't have any.  I bought nine (9) batch 1 S7's on 09/09/2015 and don't have coupons.  Hopefully, it doesn't take too long to ship.
Activity: 484
Merit: 251
Things like this are only gonna keep happening and get worse since this is what happens in a monopoly market.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
Every time I have had the Bitmain hangover from the party of ordering new equipment I always swear that I will never ever do it again....but here I find myself wondering why I did it ...again  Tongue

+1, this is killing me!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I have one more $100 dollar coupon.  I am wiling to part with it for .1 BTC if anyone is interested.  Sold

Don't forget those coupons out there as they make it a even better deal now that the S7 is a tad lower.   
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io
I would love to buy one know. R/$ is a killer. Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Xian 1
I dit just the same and it came out very well.
But i miss a miner in the house.

exactomundo
legendary
"Batch 1" @ 4.86 GH/s for $1823 USD
"Batch 2" @ 4.66 GH/s for $1585 USD

I'm sad to see they are only offering $65 USD refunds for people, this doesn't nearly come close to the difference they are charging, not to mention the long term effects of the missing hash.

This is sad ...

It was obvious from the beginning that next batch will be significantly cheaper... Never be in a hurry to buy first batch of BITMAIn equipment...

So how is efficency on the ones doing 4.66 is it using less electricity?  Or is it same just getting lower performance.

And it's not a surprise they went down.  I expect to see another decent drop in price with batch 3.

you mean batch 4?
there is already batch #3 for 1658.

I was mistaken I did not see that that was 3.  I thought it was 1 still there.  But you are right they have batch 2, and 3 running at once.   Just speed difference between them and price.
Activity: 153
Xian 1
I dit just the same and it came out very well.
But i miss a miner in the house.
legendary

I'm sad to see they are only offering $65 USD refunds for people, this doesn't nearly come close to the difference they are charging, not to mention the long term effects of the missing hash.

This is sad ...

It was obvious from the beginning that next batch will be significantly cheaper... Never be in a hurry to buy first batch of BITMAIn equipment...

So how is efficency on the ones doing 4.66 is it using less electricity?  Or is it same just getting lower performance.

And it's not a surprise they went down.  I expect to see another decent drop in price with batch 3.

you mean batch 4?
there is already batch #3 for 1658, which could be delivered as late as Nov 8-9 (and as early as Oct 19, admittedly).
simple math shows that it is still slightly better to have had batch 1, providing that you got it with first couple of days of shipment and IF time distance between batch 1 and batch 3 is ~1 mo. PLUS, having it earlier certainly was worth something  Wink.
legendary
Every time I have had the Bitmain hangover from the party of ordering new equipment I always swear that I will never ever do it again....but here I find myself wondering why I did it ...again  Tongue

Try this. Just once. Whenever you get an overwhelming urge to buy some mining gear, purchase the equivalent USD value of BTC on Coinbase (or your exchange of choice) and hodl.

This is becoming my strategy moving forward after buying 20 THs worth of PACMiC v3 and bailing on S5+ and S7 batch 1 purchases.

it remains to be seen if this strategy would be any better, but it might be.
buying pacmic 3 would be a good idea on day one, not right now when difficulty is bound to go higher and pacmic 3 is S5, NOT S7.
Activity: 546
Doesn't this sound really familiar to the S3 debacle???
Activity: 588

Efficiency remains the same as the Frequency / Hash Rate have reduced in step with the Power reduction.

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Every time I have had the Bitmain hangover from the party of ordering new equipment I always swear that I will never ever do it again....but here I find myself wondering why I did it ...again  Tongue

Try this. Just once. Whenever you get an overwhelming urge to buy some mining gear, purchase the equivalent USD value of BTC on Coinbase (or your exchange of choice) and hodl.

This is becoming my strategy moving forward after buying 20 THs worth of PACMiC v3 and bailing on S5+ and S7 batch 1 purchases.
legendary

This is sad ...

legendary
Activity: 1232
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant

This is sad ...

Activity: 123
Mining cost calculations:

Antminer S7 batch 1 - 1.6481481481 BTC/TH
Antminer S7 batch 3 - 1.4666666667 BTC/TH
Antminer S7 batch 2 (slow) - 1.4658798283 BTC/TH

Break-even cost forecast: maximum of 5.6 BTC for the 4.66 TH S7. Anything higher than that, at this ship date, is unlikely to break-even by the halving. Obsolete within 1 month of the halving at current BTC exchange rate and 10c per kWh.

I don't understand what Bitmain is thinking, but I believe it's something along the lines of "...Born every minute". Because this pricing has gotten absurd.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
After waiting 3 days for their support to finally contact me regarding my unshipped order, I got this from them.  Undecided

Hi,
There will be 4.86th/s miners later, right now, only the 4.66th/s miner is in stock.
the power efficiency is the same for them, we'll try to ship out your miner with 4.86th/s directly.
if failed, we'll be sure to contact you in advance before shipping out the miner with lower hash rate.
Please wait for update patiently. Thanks.

What a crock. I did NOT buy a 4.66TH miner, and they got my money 3 weeks ago already.

Angry
Jump to: