Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 344. (Read 527816 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10
People don't realize that they stopped shipping batch 1 because they had this issue with two types of machines (4.86 and 4.66) even in batch 1 as per their email that went to some people. Also, I think that they had a disclaimer for batch 1 that it could be shipped up to 10 days after Sept 30 (or was it 25?). Many people would be upset, though, if they don't ship today or tomorrow.

I hope that what happened is that they noticed that some machines are performing at 4.66, stopped shipping of these machines (and the rest of batch 1), produced more machines, replaced those machines in initial batch 1 that were underperforming with newly produced 4.86 machines, hence some delay in shipping. the underperforming machines from batch 1 might have been renamed "batch 2". the bottom line is that a few days delay in batch shipping 1 might result in those orders having a better chance to be on spec (4.86). This is just my theory.

This may be well and true, however I find it difficult to believe they did not know some of these machines were only hashing at 4.66.
I'd think this was noticed during the "Testing" QA phase.  If it was unnoticed than QA failed.

What I'm really not happy about is the releasing of batch 2/3 and the huge reduction in price.  It sounds like there are a great number of folks with unshipped units.
I'm in that group with 17 unshipped units myself.  That's $2890 less for the 4.86 versions and $4046 less on the 4.66 versions.  You kidding me?  That's what pre-paying early adopters are awarded?
Technically we are supposed to get our units shipped out 5 days prior to batch 2 shipping (before they can be considered late - and what happens if they are late?), but 5 days of mining doesn't even cover half of the savings you'd get by simply sitting out of batch 1.  I really think Bitmain shouldn't be selling new batches before they have even shipped out the first.  Priorities, let's take care of the customers that have already paid before raking in new moneys...  Then you also wouldn't be in the predicament of having paid customers overly upset about having no product while seeing the stuff they have paid for already but not received (hell not even shipped out) at lower prices.

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
They still are shipping the under performing units from Batch one. I am in Lee's Hosting group and he put out a notice the he was contacted by Bitmain and our miners will ship out today but only run at the 4.66 TH range so he is compensating us what Bitmain compensated him.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12553092

IF my miners ship, and IF they are under-performing, I will be asking for closer to the $238 USD per miner discount that they are selling them for...

"Batch 1" @ 4.86 GH/s for $1823 USD
"Batch 2" @ 4.66 GH/s for $1585 USD

I'm sad to see they are only offering $65 USD refunds for people, this doesn't nearly come close to the difference they are charging, not to mention the long term effects of the missing hash.

Well, you can also mine for ~1mo longer (1.14BTC production at 4.66, worth maybe ~$188 ($271.3-$83.5) at $0.1/kwh), so current value equivalent is arguably 1585+188=1773, however this is without long term ramifications, which are more difficult to fully calculate.
It is certain that people will have harder time selling batch 2 on the aftermarket unless they will discount it.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
They still are shipping the under performing units from Batch one. I am in Lee's Hosting group and he put out a notice the he was contacted by Bitmain and our miners will ship out today but only run at the 4.66 TH range so he is compensating us what Bitmain compensated him.

IF my miners ship, and IF they are under-performing, I will be asking for closer to the $238 USD per miner discount that they are selling them for...

I'm sad to see they are only offering $65 USD refunds for people, this doesn't nearly come close to the difference they are charging, not to mention the long term effects of the missing hash.

This is sad ...
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
So, some units from batch one are 4.66 and some are 4.86.

Two model of S7 in the same batch.

This is very strange.

Mine are still stock at the custom for a day...

I hope i'm getting the Batch 1 "Version 4.86"
Activity: 71

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
I'm wondering why the mass of batch 2 and 3 units has been increased to 0.5 kg?  Cheesy
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
People don't realize that they stopped shipping batch 1 because they had this issue with two types of machines (4.86 and 4.66) even in batch 1 as per their email that went to some people. Also, I think that they had a disclaimer for batch 1 that it could be shipped up to 10 days after Sept 30 (or was it 25?). Many people would be upset, though, if they don't ship today or tomorrow.

I hope that what happened is that they noticed that some machines are performing at 4.66, stopped shipping of these machines (and the rest of batch 1), produced more machines, replaced those machines in initial batch 1 that were underperforming with newly produced 4.86 machines, hence some delay in shipping. the underperforming machines from batch 1 might have been renamed "batch 2". the bottom line is that a few days delay in batch shipping 1 might result in those orders having a better chance to be on spec (4.86). This is just my theory.

you probably nailed it, i think this is the case as well.. but unfortunately I believe some of the under-performing batch 1 units did make it out and were shipped (i myself have one)

what's also weird was both of my miners came dusty.. one was way more dusty than the other though with a moth stuck on one of the heatsinks.. not sure if this super dusty moth S7 was the under-performing unit or the good unit as I havent checked to make sure which is which.. I just got them running and tend to not mess with em after.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

Up to a point HW errors are not a problem. In fact having 0% HW errors although very nice means that in practice you would be better running the miner at a lower voltage, generating less heat and saving some electricity cost.

When playing with Frequency & Voltage (This is from S5 experience as I do not have an S7) then I usually aim for a HW error rate between .01% & .02% as I find this has no measurable effect on the Hash rate & because there are "some" errors I know that I am not wasting power.

Rich

Thanks for the info.

So if the temps are good end you have a low HW you could raise the freqs?
Soooo disappointed!  My 4 units from day one still haven't shipped...

It is currently midnight on Tuesday with only one work day left before a whole week off.

Does not look good for any of our orders to ship "on time"
Activity: 89
I've got an order from 8/30 and another from 9/18.  Neither has shipped yet and now they are saying they will be shipping batch 2 & 3 beginning 10/15?  And taking a week off!!!  Huh

I really hope they have some amazing packers that can get my orders all shipped off tomorrow before they go on holiday.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Week_(China)

Fucking a three day Labor Day with a weekend in the middle, in the US we get a Monday!

Mine better ship before their holiday or I am going to be pissed. They are already taking batch orders 2 and 3 before even shipping people I know where first hour buyers of order 1's.

I sound like my kids, bitching and moaning. Tongue

Ufo

They have 1 business day remaining before the holiday and it sounds like 2-3 weeks worth of orders are waiting to be shipped.

I'd like to be wrong (I have a late order too) but I think best you can hope for now is a generous coupon Smiley

I know, but I (alot of us) have been waiting so long. It reminds me of being a small child and in summer waiting for Christmas in the 1970/80's, it took forever. Instead of Santa, I am waiting for a Chinese assembly line to get back from their labor day to manufacture my miners and do not feeling guilty about it one bit. Miners please Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Fucking a three day Labor Day with a weekend in the middle, in the US we get a Monday!

Mine better ship before their holiday or I am going to be pissed. They are already taking batch orders 2 and 3 before even shipping people I know where first hour buyers of order 1's.

Ufo

They have 1 business day remaining before the holiday and it sounds like 2-3 weeks worth of orders are waiting to be shipped.

I'd like to be wrong (I have a late order too) but I think best you can hope for now is a generous coupon Smiley
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Ufo
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Financially in terms of which one to choose, and no guarantees with this maths. Then with 10c electricity and Current Difficulty you will make 29c less profit per Day with the 4.66 TH/s Miner. Saving in purchase price is $73 so that is about 250 Days of mining.  So I guess they have thought about the reduction quite carefully? Smiley  Personally I would probably still go for the 4.86 TH/s Miner as it will probably undervolt better.

Rich

legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
I just wish they'd ship the rest of batch 1. Still waiting for my second order from Sept 5.

There might be a slight issue with that:

We'll have National Holiday from Oct. 1 to 7, shipping will resume after we're back to work.

(Bitmain home page).

So you might be getting a Batch 2 miner at a Batch 1 price.

They had better ship all of batch 1 before the whole company goes on a 1 week vacation. Otherwise there will be some very angry early adopters.
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
Bitmain has updated their site. The AntRouter test is gone, and they've added batch 2 and 3 of the S7.

Interesting that batch 2 is 4.66TH/s for $1585 and batch 2 is 4.86TH/s for $1658. Both ship in the same date range.

So I guess you pay a little more for better performance? Have they ever done that before?

In the past separate batches would have separate ship date ranges, not slightly different specs.

I just wish they'd ship the rest of batch 1. Still waiting for my second order from Sept 5.

JUst batch 2 the price drop 200.. damn. and my batch 1 still haven ship yet.. too bad like that

me too  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
this waiting game is killing me.... I just want what I paid for, in the timeframe it is supposed to be here, and with the specs that it was advertised at lol Sad
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Bitmain has updated their site. The AntRouter test is gone, and they've added batch 2 and 3 of the S7.

Interesting that batch 2 is 4.66TH/s for $1585 and batch 2 is 4.86TH/s for $1658. Both ship in the same date range.

So I guess you pay a little more for better performance? Have they ever done that before?

In the past separate batches would have separate ship date ranges, not slightly different specs.

JUst batch 2 the price drop 200.. damn. and my batch 1 still haven ship yet.. too bad like that
Jump to: