Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 398. (Read 527816 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Infected Mushroom
this thing seems pretty sweet, it allow me to make profit even now, 50-75 net per month, not bad at all, still it would be good to see a a lower level antminer s7, a small cousin

because i don't want to run somethign which consume more than 600w for now, it would be a problem with this apartment when running thing like washing machine etc...

you mean s5 or something else
A similar wattage to S5 but using a single s7 board is what we are talking about. This would keep noise needed down, give double the hashrate of an S5 and be even smaller than s5.

interesting, but is it doable, I wonder?
people can just form a co-op of loose S7 boards: say, each of three-four-five people take one board out and stick them into a pre-made box with 140mm fans for less noise.
However, taking one board out of S7 might change the properties of the wind tunnel-S7 seems to be very dense inside as it is.
The good thing is that it gives some impetus for fiddling with S7, which is great.

This might sound silly, but what I had in mind was 3 people purchasing 2 miners and split them into 3 unique miners with 2 hashing boards each. Ofcourse this would require a extra controller.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
If anyone can do it, I bet sidehack could figure out what would be the best way to encase a single blade, an issue would be controllers though if Bitmain isn't involved.

So is the S7 board size so different that it would not fit in an S5?

Maybe Bitmain could offer an upgrade package?

S7 board has heat sinks all over it.
S5 upgrade would be nice, but don't hold your breath (remember the story of S2 upgrades).
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
If anyone can do it, I bet sidehack could figure out what would be the best way to encase a single blade, an issue would be controllers though if Bitmain isn't involved.

So is the S7 board size so different that it would not fit in an S5?

Maybe Bitmain could offer an upgrade package?
legendary
this thing seems pretty sweet, it allow me to make profit even now, 50-75 net per month, not bad at all, still it would be good to see a a lower level antminer s7, a small cousin

because i don't want to run somethign which consume more than 600w for now, it would be a problem with this apartment when running thing like washing machine etc...

A similar wattage to S5 but using a single s7 board is what we are talking about. This would keep noise needed down, give double the hashrate of an S5 and be even smaller than s5.

interesting, but is it doable, I wonder?
people can just form a co-op of loose S7 boards: say, each of three-four-five people take one board out and stick them into a pre-made box with 140mm fans for less noise.
However, taking one board out of S7 might change the properties of the wind tunnel-S7 seems to be very dense inside as it is.
The good thing is that it gives some impetus for fiddling with S7, which is great.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

I just need one.. If someone has some they won't use

Id: mullenium

To whoever donated a coupon to this individual. It appears as if your coupon has been posted on eBay for fiat currency profit of $50. Sad  This user also PM'd me begging for coupons...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=201418035783&globalID=EBAY-US

-droid-

That's a pretty scummy thing to do

Considering I sent him one... where is my cut droid?

I guess I didn't ask if he was not going to sell.  Just assumed.  But still surprising if true.  

I sent out a few Pm's yesterday and you were kind enough to give me one; but everyone needs to read the full story before jumping to conclusions

https://blockchain.info/tx/fbc39dd64a0228b21b31ef3a0639a189da91e0bbdcff93683d34058e0dc0f2dc

I've been in contact with Bitmain regarding the issue since at first I didn't know if I would get a coupon and thinking they'd sell out of the s7, I placed the order without one and sent a note to Bitmain asking if I could just pay for my S7 minus the coupon value (Philipma can vouch for me this). Bitmain just replied back saying to place a new order using the coupon and ask to transfer funds from my original order in the notes so I just cancelled the eBay listing telling whoever bought it that it's no longer available.

My reasoning for listing it, was if Bitmain would come back having me pay the full price and wouldn't let me pay the minus $100 order that at least I could sell it and get something out of it.. Albeit not $100 off but $40 after eBay fees

your reasoning was wrong, you should have sent it back.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

To whoever donated a coupon to this individual. It appears as if your coupon has been posted on eBay for fiat currency profit of $50. Sad  This user also PM'd me begging for coupons...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=201418035783&globalID=EBAY-US

-droid-

I guess I didn't ask if he was not going to sell.  Just assumed.  But still surprising if true.  

I sent out a few Pm's yesterday and you were kind enough to give me one; but everyone needs to read the full story before jumping to conclusions

https://blockchain.info/tx/fbc39dd64a0228b21b31ef3a0639a189da91e0bbdcff93683d34058e0dc0f2dc

I've been in contact with Bitmain regarding the issue since at first I didn't know if I would get a coupon and thinking they'd sell out of the s7, I placed the order without one and sent a note to Bitmain asking if I could just pay for my S7 minus the coupon value (Philipma can vouch for me this). Bitmain just replied back saying to place a new order using the coupon and ask to transfer funds from my original order in the notes so I just cancelled the eBay listing telling whoever bought it that it's no longer available.

My reasoning for listing it, was if Bitmain would come back having me pay the full price and wouldn't let me pay the minus $100 order that at least I could sell it and get something out of it.. Albeit not $100 off but $40 after eBay fees

legendary

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

because i don't want to run something which consume more than 600w for now, it would be a problem with this apartment when running thing like washing machine etc...
legendary
The bottom line...to the start of the week..FTW

legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

-droid-

Not the first time by the looks of his trust rating:

R4v37 0: -0 / +0   2014-06-20    0.50000000    "not a man who'll keeps his words...  nvm, hope u enjoy that coupon Cheesy "

That is a pretty low life thing to do, even for this forum.

Wow. He sent me a PM asking for coupons too. So at least he's a hard working scammer.

I'm still one coupon short if anyone wants to donate to me. I promise that I'll actually use it, not sell it.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

-droid-

Not the first time by the looks of his trust rating:

R4v37 0: -0 / +0   2014-06-20    0.50000000    "not a man who'll keeps his words...  nvm, hope u enjoy that coupon Cheesy "

That is a pretty low life thing to do, even for this forum.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
I'm kinda leaning towards server PS for these though, $200 or so of Bladecenter H 2880 watt+breakout+cables will power 2 of these comfortably, and I'm easily capable of wiring up a 220 outlet to power it. I just want to find a cheaper source for NEMA 6 series outlets/plugs/cables than what I've seen so far.

You may also want to consider pricing out a cheap PDU to power 2 of them, and wiring a single 30-40A circuit to the PDU.  For 2-3 PSU's, it can make more sense both financially and keeps it cleaner using C19-C20 cables.

I feel the shift to server supplies has become pretty much a necessity these days with the load requirements from the recent offerings.  Not only do the ATX supplies get significantly more expensive/W once you get past 1100-1300W, but the longevity is just not there in comparison. There are so many different options for server supplies today, and the cost savings on the PSU's themselves will help offset the infrastructure required to get them going (240V circuits if required), plus PSU failures become significantly cheaper to replace (by re-using boards and cables) if they do happen.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
You did get a reply from Nancy, great :-)
Bummer if it aint ready before Feb 2016, then we have to look at Avalon.
I hope someone will fill up the gap between the S5 and the awesome S7, otherwise we just sit and hold until the S7 gets into the right price are around 1360-1400,-$
or wait it out.

You and me both..We need some serious competition to step up as these prices are crazy high.. And i hope you all have been monitoring diff.. Atm 452 ph next expected increase 5 %(https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty).  Dont think the other manufacturers havent seen this thread and arent going to ramp it up a bit.. Here starts the war again and sadly you all wont even see this machine for close to a month at best. This is a poor investment unless you have free power. Looks like china will end up with all the btc once this all said and done.. Not really the model satoshi had in mind.. But whatever.. Greed will overtake logic everytime.

Best Regards
d57heinz
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

-droid-

pm sent on this issue.
legendary
Activity: 938
You did get a reply from Nancy, great :-)
Bummer if it aint ready before Feb 2016, then we have to look at Avalon.
I hope someone will fill up the gap between the S5 and the awesome S7, otherwise we just sit and hold until the S7 gets into the right price are around 1360-1400,-$
or wait it out.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Infected Mushroom
Now is the time for a third player to gain marked shares on Bitcoin miners. Lots of head room for a 2,5-3 Th -6-800 Watt miner. Lets see what happens from Avalon or the other chinese claimed 5TH - 1000Watt producer.
Suddenly the marked has opened.

I think this is far from certain and that Bitmain is merely taking an opportunity to charge top Dollar for the best miner in the market. They probably have plenty of scope to reduce the price & still make an excellent margin. Also an easy change for them would be to drop the central 3rd hash board and instantly have a 3.24TH/S, 860W S7-. What a great home product that would be.  Smiley

Rich

As suggested early, I definetly support this. Call it s7 mini. I won't wait a second to buy it.

Also, bitmain, is there a fan control option in the firmware just like the s5 update?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Right or single board "easy miners" for mom and pops.

Very good point, even a single board with 1.62TH/S & 430W has more TH & less that half the power needed by an S5.

Rich
Activity: 868
Now is the time for a third player to gain marked shares on Bitcoin miners. Lots of head room for a 2,5-3 Th -6-800 Watt miner. Lets see what happens from Avalon or the other chinese claimed 5TH - 1000Watt producer.

I think this is far from certain and that Bitmain is merely taking an opportunity to charge top Dollar for the best miner in the market. They probably have plenty of scope to reduce the price & still make an excellent margin. Also an easy change for them would be to drop the central 3rd hash board and instantly have a 3.24TH/S, 860W S7-.

Rich

Right or single board "easy miners" for mom and pops.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

I think this is far from certain and that Bitmain is merely taking an opportunity to charge top Dollar for the best miner in the market. They probably have plenty of scope to reduce the price & still make an excellent margin. Also an easy change for them would be to drop the central 3rd hash board and instantly have a 3.24TH/S, 860W S7-. What a great home product that would be.  Smiley

Rich
Activity: 786
..... the other chinese claimed 5TH - 1000Watt producer.

I got an email from "nancy" at the other chinese producer. Their's won't be ready until Feb 2016. She didn't give me a price....but asked how may I wanted.
Jump to: