Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 400. (Read 527816 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
I can sell 1 coupon for .3 btc. price negotiable pm me!

What a screamin' deal, lol!
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
AntMiner S5+ Batch 1 × 1
2375 USD ( 8.973 BTC )
Speed:    7.722TH/S

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1
Speed:    4.86TH/S
Weight:    4 kg
Price:    1823 USD   ( 7.984 BTC )

.989btc difference for 2.862TH/S  seems a big premium for efficiency

0.61 BTC/THS more for that premium. Pretty steep indeed.

I've decided I'm gonna have to wait for reviews and hope the price is adjusted lower.

At the current price, there will be a few hundred people buying these fast in the first few days. My gut tells me that sales will most likely drop off dramatically to a trickle. They will have to lower the price to get the sales moving again.

YOU WOULD BE correct if they did not mine.  They have a self interest in limiting hash power. As does any of the top mining companies do.
 My guess is they shut these sales down quickly and assess what knc,, bitfury, 21inc, btcChinapool do to expand.
You have to understand if they sell 50ph of these they mine against them and bitfury knc ,miner ,21inc ,btcChinapool all expand.,,

My guess is they sell 1000 units top  or 4-5ph to us smaller miners

they could do to us what they did with the S5's and if no new market competition is released not sell any more for many months so getting the batch 1 may give you a long window of opportunity to mine with them before there is a batch 2 or 3 to public so far looks like nothing new substantial to market to compete with them

I am making that play fingers crossed.
My second reason is they arrive to my home about 8-10 days before my summer power rates drop to my winter rates.
I can mine from oct 1 to june 1 in house if I choose to at 10 cents vs 18 cents.

as a 10 cents miner when I buy big I have to buy cutting edge gear.

so we are among the 100-200 most risk takers in the mining field in the whole darned world (or the most reckless ones).
count 100-150 more and we'll have a 300 club (This is... Spartaaaa.....with the image of S7)
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

YOU WOULD BE correct if they did not mine.  They have a self interest in limiting hash power. As does any of the top mining companies do.
 My guess is they shut these sales down quickly and assess what knc,, bitfury, 21inc, btcChinapool do to expand.
You have to understand if they sell 50ph of these they mine against them and bitfury knc ,miner ,21inc ,btcChinapool all expand.,,

https://blockchain.info/address/1KwA4fS4uVuCNjCtMivE7m5ATbv93UZg8V

so far 1500 btc in sales  or 200 of these.

Very good points.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
AntMiner S5+ Batch 1 × 1
2375 USD ( 8.973 BTC )

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1

I've decided I'm gonna have to wait for reviews and hope the price is adjusted lower.

At the current price, there will be a few hundred people buying these fast in the first few days. My gut tells me that sales will most likely drop off dramatically to a trickle. They will have to lower the price to get the sales moving again.

they could do to us what they did with the S5's and if no new market competition is released not sell any more for many months so getting the batch 1 may give you a long window of opportunity to mine with them before there is a batch 2 or 3 to public so far looks like nothing new substantial to market to compete with them

I am making that play fingers crossed.
My second reason is they arrive to my home about 8-10 days before my summer power rates drop to my winter rates.
I can mine from oct 1 to june 1 in house if I choose to at 10 cents vs 18 cents.

as a 10 cents miner when I buy big I have to buy cutting edge gear.
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
AntMiner S5+ Batch 1 × 1
2375 USD ( 8.973 BTC )

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1

legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
I agree but this will technically have a longer useful life due to the lower cost per watt in electric mostly beneficial to us high rate payers
legendary
AntMiner S5+ Batch 1 × 1
2375 USD ( 8.973 BTC )

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1

https://blockchain.info/address/1KwA4fS4uVuCNjCtMivE7m5ATbv93UZg8V

so far 1500 btc in sales  or 200 of these.

legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
You will never get your bitcoin back if you buy one of these at this price. It isn't even close. This is for suckers or those with stolen electricity.
I would say the PACMiC and S5+ was the sucker's call.  This thing is like the HA-HA afterward.  I mean they, Bitmain, knew they had that S7 right around the corner.  Yet they throw up the S5+ at a ~$2300 premium and at .444 j/GH.  Then boom what not but a week or two later drop the S7?  Dirty pool.
Bah! They weren't even going to sell the S5+ to the general public until people started seeing it sold elsewhere. The people essentially demanded that it be sold to the general public. And then they only sold a limited batch. Anyone who bought an S5+ should have known the S7 was coming soon. Hardly "dirty pool".
I'm not defending the S5+ or the S7 ... but it is worth keeping in mind that most folks who ordered the S5+ already have them mining, 6 weeks (aka 3 difficulty adjustments) before most anyone will be mining with an S7.

At the time the S5+ buying window was open, bitcoin was higher than it is now; a 7.7TH S5+ cost 9 BTC, which is quite a bit more cost effective than the 4.8TH S7 for 8 BTC. Unless your local power rates are outrageous, an S5+ mining today will break even sooner than an S7 starting mid-October will.
legendary
Activity: 1456
You will never get your bitcoin back if you buy one of these at this price. It isn't even close. This is for suckers or those with stolen electricity.

I would say the PACMiC and S5+ was the sucker's call.  This thing is like the HA-HA afterward.  I mean they, Bitmain, knew they had that S7 right around the corner.  Yet they throw up the S5+ at a ~$2300 premium and at .444 j/GH.  Then boom what not but a week or two later drop the S7?  Dirty pool.

Bah! They weren't even going to sell the S5+ to the general public until people started seeing it sold elsewhere. The people essentially demanded that it be sold to the general public. And then they only sold a limited batch. Anyone who bought an S5+ should have known the S7 was coming soon. Hardly "dirty pool".

I would not say to dirty either.  I am happy they delivered it.   I thought they were not going to to general public at least.

I am happy with my purchase, and I was able to give out a few coupons and help a few.  I thank them for doing coupons, I wish it was a bigger coupon but I realize they did not have to do anything at all.

I also realize they cannot make all people happy.  I am happy they kept S5+ form factor it is a big improvement from original S5.   But some will fight it as amount of watts.  Others want the power.  I am surprised they did 3 blades though. I would have bet it all on 2 blade version at launch
legendary
the login page is fixed now-I ordered one.
Activity: 786
AntMiner S5+ Batch 1 × 1
2375 USD ( 8.973 BTC )

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1

Glow Stick Dance!

I would say the PACMiC and S5+ was the sucker's call.  This thing is like the HA-HA afterward.  I mean they, Bitmain, knew they had that S7 right around the corner.  Yet they throw up the S5+ at a ~$2300 premium and at .444 j/GH.  Then boom what not but a week or two later drop the S7?  Dirty pool.

legendary
buying 2 solves the problem  as  the controller can handle extra blades

Interesting.  i didn't know that the controller could handle more blades.  Is it the same controller as the S5+ that can handle 9 blades?  That would be one monster miner with 3 S7s mashed together onto one controller to make a 14.58TH monster.

Duh I just looked at the original post and right there is a super clear picture of the controller with all 9 ports.

That's a very interesting idea. Not only for reliability. It's easier to manage if all the blades are under one web interface.

Anyone know if the stock cables will reach from one unit to an adjacent unit's controller?

I have 2 on order.  When they come and I do the review I will see if I can do it on the sides top facing top would work but I would hope to do it  better then that.

pointing at the ceiling with a box fan under them would also allow the wires to reach.
Glow Stick Dance!
I thought it will be more than 7 terahashes. Why 4.86 th/s only? Now I'm undecided, should I buy?

It's the J/GH that's the important part.

Yes the cost is up right now.  But if you have good electrical rates, and the 205 outlet needed to run the thing, and are only paying 1/4th a watt per GH then it seems like a pretty good deal.

The S5+ is actually looking like it was the sucker's bet at the moment given the added PSU cost needed to run it.  Now the question comes when is the S6 going to drop?

And what are Server PSUs running that could power three of these babies?  And yes, difficulty is going to go through the roof.  It's going to be a spending game and those who are 'well capitalized' are going to be pushing other people out of the market with how fast the tech is changing.

The S5+ was essentially the S6. There won't be an S6 because they've used all of the previous generation chips on the S5+. Maybe you meant S8? But I wouldn't bother waiting for that because the chip/power density is already maxed out on the S7.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Here are the jet engines.

Jet Engines

There's a big reason why there are two if these fans. I wouldn't even recommend wasting money on quieter fans. If anything you could maybe replace one of the jet engines with a quieter fan, but not both.
Nah that must be a bigger brother, there's no way its a 3.3A fan. We know the S5 likes to spam a 100% PWM signal at a reasonable temp and that's 4200RPM so this must be a bigger brother. At 3.3A the S5+ would be putting 240W through the controller board.
legendary
Well it looks like home mining is finally dead from Bitmain, with such a high entry price and the noise from this unit it would be unreal. Hopefully they make an S7 mini that hashes around half the speed in the old form factor for 600w and half the price.

Yeah, if they had both models (regular and mini) it seems like they would move a ton of chips. Data center scale farms would be happy. Home miners would be happy.

It's a missed opportunity, but maybe not too late.

they will do it if S7 (maxi) would not sell very well.
I see a potential mistake here: enthusiasts don't mind some premium, but care about overall unit price.
large farmers don't care about higher th/unit, but care about reliability, which might be a risk at high density.
people were discussing 600W, 2.4 th-that looked optimal and this one might not be, but I'll wait to pass the judgement on a potential mistake until we learn about noise, heat, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Well it looks like home mining is finally dead from Bitmain, with such a high entry price and the noise from this unit it would be unreal. Hopefully they make an S7 mini that hashes around half the speed in the old form factor for 600w and half the price.

Yeah, if they had both models (regular and mini) it seems like they would move a ton of chips. Data center scale farms would be happy. Home miners would be happy.

It's a missed opportunity, but maybe not too late.
legendary
buying 2 solves the problem  as  the controller can handle extra blades

Interesting.  i didn't know that the controller could handle more blades.  Is it the same controller as the S5+ that can handle 9 blades?  That would be one monster miner with 3 S7s mashed together onto one controller to make a 14.58TH monster.

Duh I just looked at the original post and right there is a super clear picture of the controller with all 9 ports.

That's a very interesting idea. Not only for reliability. It's easier to manage if all the blades are under one web interface.

Anyone know if the stock cables will reach from one unit to an adjacent unit's controller?
legendary
AntMiner S7 Coupon 100 USD

I have any coupons for sale to 0.35 BTC

Contact by MP.

If you want to give them away for free, you've got a deal.

Nice shiny new account, BTW.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
AntMiner S7 Coupon 100 USD

I have any coupons for sale to 0.25 BTC

Contact by MP.
Jump to: