Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 399. (Read 527816 times)

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
I can sell 1 coupon for .3 btc. price negotiable pm me!

What a screamin' deal, lol!

I just sold one for .1, i just published today the deal on the Marketplace, because i can't possibly buy 15 of these monsters.

I bought one from chiguireitor. He's fast and efficient. Thx chiguireitor Smiley

So, I'm taking the gamble on an S7 and hoping to break even by June/July 2016.
legendary
Activity: 938
First, Well done Bitmain...:-)

Second, Too expensive, even for a farm owners with a Kwh Price of 0,6$ or less. Too many factors is making this awesome new S7 too expensive. ROI before next BTC halving is a no go.
Saved power vs an S5 farm is way too little to even consider the S7.
Saving space for new gear is a big plus.
The release of the S7 just made it more possible for S5`s and SP20 owners to make more money selling used gear, big plus for miners, big downer for Bitmain if they are not planning to sell ALL their used S5`s.

Now is the time for a third player to gain marked shares on Bitcoin miners. Lots of head room for a 2,5-3 Th -6-800 Watt miner. Lets see what happens from Avalon or the other chinese claimed 5TH - 1000Watt producer.
Suddenly the marked has opened.

legendary
Activity: 1456

I just need one.. If someone has some they won't use

Id: mullenium

To whoever donated a coupon to this individual. It appears as if your coupon has been posted on eBay for fiat currency profit of $50. Sad  This user also PM'd me begging for coupons...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=201418035783&globalID=EBAY-US

-droid-

That's a pretty scummy thing to do

Considering I sent him one... where is my cut droid?

I guess I didn't ask if he was not going to sell.  Just assumed.  But still surprising if true. 
legendary
Activity: 1098

To whoever donated a coupon to this individual. It appears as if your coupon has been posted on eBay for fiat currency profit of $50. Sad  This user also PM'd me begging for coupons...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=201418035783&globalID=EBAY-US

-droid-

That's a pretty scummy thing to do
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Agreed. But with the requirement of 10 PCIe power connections per S7, cabling can be a challenge with the ATX approach.

I found a few options on Newegg when I did a power search yesterday - 3 platinum with enough connectors, but 2 of them were under 1100 watt (and flat out don't have enough +12 rail capasity), and a few Golds - the other was the Seasonic 1200watt platinum unit IIRC.
 The one concern I would have on a few of these is "split connectors" on one cable if the cable isn't 16AWG or better.

Quite a few others like the EVGA 1300G2 and Seasonic X1250 that WOULD work if you're willing to risk the "use 2 connectors per hash board" option, or do some custom cable work to spread the load out, especially if you can use the EPS12V output and rewire the other end with a 6 pin connector instead of an 8 (perhaps use the left-over +12 and ground lines to wire a controller-specific connector to?).

I'm kinda leaning towards server PS for these though, $200 or so of Bladecenter H 2880 watt+breakout+cables will power 2 of these comfortably, and I'm easily capable of wiring up a 220 outlet to power it. I just want to find a cheaper source for NEMA 6 series outlets/plugs/cables than what I've seen so far.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Can i get two coupons please ?

To whoever donated a coupon to this individual. It appears as if your coupon has been posted on eBay for fiat currency profit of $50. Sad  This user also PM'd me begging for coupons...

Activity: 693
Merit: 500
Can't wait to see these beauties on Hashnest!  Cheesy
Activity: 798
I accidentally always talking about 28 mm? I think that would be the right price on the 1200/1300 dollars.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I have a G1600 and it is fairly quiet, I can't imagine a 1600w server psu though, I have heard they are as loud as some units alone. I think ATX is a requirement when trying to keep sound down.

Agreed. But with the requirement of 10 PCIe power connections per S7, cabling can be a challenge with the ATX approach.

I recently moved to a pair of Bladecenter H 2880w server PSUs (from Finksy). They are awesome. Highly recommended. But they're also the opposite of quiet...

Thankfully they are 8 miles away in a colo rack. I can barely hear them from here Wink

I have a platinum 1600 watt evga it has all I need for power.

I have 2 guesses for this gear:

77db with stock fans and stock speeds 1200 watts

51 db with fan mods and about 3600 gh  still 900 watts. I got the prisma to behave with 2 fans and lower settings but it tended to drift upwards in power so I sent it back.

I never had that problem with bitmaintech gear. so if I can lock this in at 900 watts I can mange sound okay not good just okay.

Activity: 896
Well done to Bitmain for creating another masterpiece!
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
I have a G1600 and it is fairly quiet, I can't imagine a 1600w server psu though, I have heard they are as loud as some units alone. I think ATX is a requirement when trying to keep sound down.

I recently moved to a pair of Bladecenter H 2880w server PSUs (from Finksy). They are awesome. Highly recommended. But they're also the opposite of quiet...

Thankfully they are 8 miles away in a colo rack. I can barely hear them from here Wink
Activity: 784
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
I know two people in Seattle.  My god daughter and her roomate.

Now you just have to introduce them to a very loud, but very hot, third roommate Wink
They may like it in the winter for the heat but they would need a solution for the sound, not too sure what fan mods could go on this one, the S5 only had 560 watts turning to heat, and was loud, getting 1200w to be quiet seems to be a hell of a challenge.

The enclosure might just allow for antistatic fans to do a lot more on this unit though but the corsair ones I doubt will be able to still move enough air.

It is much harder to make the psu quiet.  The simplest solution is to make the ears go deaf (everything will be quiet).
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
MMM EXTRA - THE RIGHT STEP TOWARDS THE GOAL
Antminer S7 coupon for sale

0.24 each for $100 value

0.03 each for $20 value

pm for more info !

legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
I know two people in Seattle.  My god daughter and her roomate.

Now you just have to introduce them to a very loud, but very hot, third roommate Wink
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
AntMiner S5+ Batch 1 × 1
2375 USD ( 8.973 BTC )
Speed:    7.722TH/S

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1
Speed:    4.86TH/S
Weight:    4 kg
Price:    1823 USD   ( 7.984 BTC )

.989btc difference for 2.862TH/S  seems a big premium for efficiency

0.61 BTC/THS more for that premium. Pretty steep indeed.

I've decided I'm gonna have to wait for reviews and hope the price is adjusted lower.

At the current price, there will be a few hundred people buying these fast in the first few days. My gut tells me that sales will most likely drop off dramatically to a trickle. They will have to lower the price to get the sales moving again.

YOU WOULD BE correct if they did not mine.  They have a self interest in limiting hash power. As does any of the top mining companies do.
 My guess is they shut these sales down quickly and assess what knc,, bitfury, 21inc, btcChinapool do to expand.
You have to understand if they sell 50ph of these they mine against them and bitfury knc ,miner ,21inc ,btcChinapool all expand.,,

My guess is they sell 1000 units top  or 4-5ph to us smaller miners

they could do to us what they did with the S5's and if no new market competition is released not sell any more for many months so getting the batch 1 may give you a long window of opportunity to mine with them before there is a batch 2 or 3 to public so far looks like nothing new substantial to market to compete with them

I am making that play fingers crossed.
My second reason is they arrive to my home about 8-10 days before my summer power rates drop to my winter rates.
I can mine from oct 1 to june 1 in house if I choose to at 10 cents vs 18 cents.

as a 10 cents miner when I buy big I have to buy cutting edge gear.

Are you going to move to Washington?

I know two people in Seattle.  My god daughter and her roomate.

Well ... it is sometime useful to be older ! Cheesy (Just kidding)
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
AntMiner S5+ Batch 1 × 1
2375 USD ( 8.973 BTC )

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1

I've decided I'm gonna have to wait for reviews and hope the price is adjusted lower.

At the current price, there will be a few hundred people buying these fast in the first few days. My gut tells me that sales will most likely drop off dramatically to a trickle. They will have to lower the price to get the sales moving again.

YOU WOULD BE correct if they did not mine.  They have a self interest in limiting hash power. As does any of the top mining companies do.
 My guess is they shut these sales down quickly and assess what knc,, bitfury, 21inc, btcChinapool do to expand.
You have to understand if they sell 50ph of these they mine against them and bitfury knc ,miner ,21inc ,btcChinapool all expand.,,

they could do to us what they did with the S5's and if no new market competition is released not sell any more for many months so getting the batch 1 may give you a long window of opportunity to mine with them before there is a batch 2 or 3 to public so far looks like nothing new substantial to market to compete with them

My second reason is they arrive to my home about 8-10 days before my summer power rates drop to my winter rates.
I can mine from oct 1 to june 1 in house if I choose to at 10 cents vs 18 cents.

I know two people in Seattle.  My god daughter and her roomate.
I have low power spots here in NJ.

Well one is in the Brooklyn Navy Yard. That is an 8 cent deal  and one in LakeWood NJ that is 2.4 cents. The lakewood deal may only last until Jan 1.
In both places I must lower noise.
I may pull a blade and send it to sidehack.

I can then run these at 800 watts with lower speed fans. This could be very good idea if four or five of us do this.
Activity: 784
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
AntMiner S5+ Batch 1 × 1
2375 USD ( 8.973 BTC )

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1

legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
I can sell 1 coupon for .3 btc. price negotiable pm me!

What a screamin' deal, lol!

I just sold one for .1, i just published today the deal on the Marketplace, because i can't possibly buy 15 of these monsters.
Activity: 742
with all this coupon donation i feel like i'm left out  Grin

need an coupon over here! doesn't matter that i have no bitmain id!   Cheesy
Jump to: