Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 50. (Read 527791 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Im not a happy customer at all.

We sent 2x S7 hashing boards for warranty replacement well over 6 weeks ago at out own cost.

They agreed to replace both but it took them 4 weeks to admit they had received them.

The 2 replacements boards were sent a week ago and have arrived but they have sent incorrect parts  Angry

They have sent 2x S5 hashing boards instead of the S7 boards expected, im really pissed off now im fed up of being polite with Bitmain as they have been pissing me about for well over 4 weeks now.

How the hell do I get this resolved, not only have they sent me 2x S5 boards they are in terrible condition, very messy with burn marks on them  Angry

I have put pictures below of what's arrived.

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad241/flamemc/12803187_10207091744625269_8950043640232969533_n.jpg

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad241/flamemc/12794355_10207091744945277_4255372442565659571_n_1.jpg
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bitmain QA, or the lack thereof, strikes again!

I'm gonna go out on my limb and say outloud many many S7's will come to a sad ending soon. What did you expect from a cheaply constructed Chinese junk machines?

my batch 2 is still running  this runs at freq 512.5

as is my batch 1  but it never would do freq 600 .   I have run it at freq 525 since October of 2015
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Well hell.  My batch 8 has developed a problem.  It started beeping and I happened to be nearby so I checked out the GUI and the hashrate was slowly dropping to zero.  I noticed that one hashboard said the temp was 96 and two of them said temp 0.  So I rebooted through the GUI, it came up and started mining but the temps all say 0 now.  I did a power cycle and same thing, all zeros.  At least it is hashing though so that's good.  It didn't overheat, it is sitting next to a couple other S7's and the temp where they are didn't get up past room temperature and the other machines are fine.  When I powercycled it I did gently move it around to check for a loose heatsink but there wasn't anything detectable, plus I think those were mostly in earlier batches.  But now all zeros on the temps.  Lame.

i`ve add the same issus happens to me on a S4 and a S5, reflashing the machine ( even if it;s the same revision ) cured my problems both times, actually the s5 i had to flash 3 times. let it sit for a day than came back to life the next flashing. try it out.

I ended up having to do this.  After working fine for a couple days with all zeros for the temps the sensors did wig out and one reported 96 and another reported 32 so it stopped hashing again.  The weird thing is, after reflashing it, only those two boards are reporting a temp (a normal one now) but the third board is still showing zero.  Something tells me a reset to default would cure this but I'll wait until the machine gives me no other option.

Long long ago I was told to reflash when I had a S3 miner with one temp not working... did not fix my problem then.   But some have had luck with it all the way to day's of S3 and temp sensors.  Just be careful as flashing can be bad if something goes wrong.

As long as one has accurate temp you should be fine (not so much if one is to high).  But if you have one working right.... it should be ok.  
legendary
Activity: 1036
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bitmain QA, or the lack thereof, strikes again!

I'm gonna go out on my limb and say outloud many many S7's will come to a sad ending soon. What did you expect from a cheaply constructed Chinese junk machines?
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
Well hell.  My batch 8 has developed a problem.  It started beeping and I happened to be nearby so I checked out the GUI and the hashrate was slowly dropping to zero.  I noticed that one hashboard said the temp was 96 and two of them said temp 0.  So I rebooted through the GUI, it came up and started mining but the temps all say 0 now.  I did a power cycle and same thing, all zeros.  At least it is hashing though so that's good.  It didn't overheat, it is sitting next to a couple other S7's and the temp where they are didn't get up past room temperature and the other machines are fine.  When I powercycled it I did gently move it around to check for a loose heatsink but there wasn't anything detectable, plus I think those were mostly in earlier batches.  But now all zeros on the temps.  Lame.

i`ve add the same issus happens to me on a S4 and a S5, reflashing the machine ( even if it;s the same revision ) cured my problems both times, actually the s5 i had to flash 3 times. let it sit for a day than came back to life the next flashing. try it out.

I ended up having to do this.  After working fine for a couple days with all zeros for the temps the sensors did wig out and one reported 96 and another reported 32 so it stopped hashing again.  The weird thing is, after reflashing it, only those two boards are reporting a temp (a normal one now) but the third board is still showing zero.  Something tells me a reset to default would cure this but I'll wait until the machine gives me no other option.
legendary
my orders made on the 23rd are not shipped.

So far  one person mentioned their 23rd order was shipped .
 If anyone has a 23rd order shipped please let me know.

Orders  on 23rd

Orders on  24th

any info helps.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
Mine got delivered 2 hours ago. ordered on the 18th, shiped wednesday. i think it`s the fastest i haver received a miner from them,
of course i won`t discuss my 1.5 month RMA issue. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Anyone else have any delivery times so far for the B11?
Activity: 277

Yeah a good quiet  small cheap miner will always sell.
Point it at peercoin and solo mine .

It would be nice to solo mine Peercoin.... but... my Antminers, mining directly off the peercoin wallet/RPC, mine for something like 30 seconds then quit.

I also set up two different pools to try and mine solo.... a 100% uNOMP pool which came up with the infamous parse error... and a MPOS / NOMP pool which also came up with the parse error.

uNOMP / NOMP is the problem, from what I'm reading, Peercoin RPC cannot handle batch RPC something-or-another.... where as Bitcoin can, thus making peercoin different and not compatible with uNOMP/NOMP.

Does anyone know of pool software that is compatible with peercoin?Huh I'd need a step by step guide for setup.

Or, is there some sort of fix to get the antminers solo mining off the wallet RPC?

Looking at the load monitors, it looks like a network flood to and from the S5's when solo mining off the wallet, like its running with a difficulty of 1 or something ... Any way of telling the antminer or the wallet to mine with a higher diff?

Sorry for being a little off topic.... but peercoin solo mining was mentioned...
Activity: 277
Batch 11 ....... has arrived ... MUHAhAHAHAHA (ordered Feb 17)

Damn near dropped one of em when unpacking though.... damn butterfinges ...
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
Kind reminder: when you have time, please consider to upgrade the firmware with corresponding latest version in website, when there is no internet, the fan will run with full speed which can avoid the burnt issue Smiley

https://www.bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720151023101739550pOBiK5sO06A0

Hi BITMAIN,

Kindly ask YHQIN to check his Bitcoin Talk PM for our reply to release
the agreed upon BTC deposits sent to Bitmain for our RMA replacements.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/bitmainyhqin-394837

Many thanks in advance and have an enjoyable weekend,

MikeMike

legendary
yeah but look at what sidehack is doing..
he is selling a usb miner. that is 8ghs and costs 25$
this is around 3$ a ghs.

putting that in perspective that would make a s7 cost like 14,687$ (i do suck at math so maybe not)

so if bitmain made a 100$ miner that did like 100W and 300 ghs i think it would sell pretty good.

they seem to be selling a lot of those R1s for 50$ and it only does 5ghs.

Why would people buy this over new S7 or used S1. New S7 is more efficient and used S1 is cheaper.

he has sold 1000s of them.. i even got 5 myself.

they are only 1w or so, so the efficiency is far above a s7..

it just goes to show how far bitmain missed the market.

if they made a u4, with s7 chips, and sold them for 60-80$ i am pretty much 100% positive they will sell out in the pre-order.

yeah there is big demand for sub 100$-150$ miners...too bad the u3 did not live up to expectations...and you had to order 10 or something

Yeah a good quiet  small cheap miner will always sell.
Point it at peercoin and solo mine .
legendary
this is around 3$ a ghs.

putting that in perspective that would make a s7 cost like 14,687$ (i do suck at math so maybe not)

so if bitmain made a 100$ miner that did like 100W and 300 ghs i think it would sell pretty good.

Why would people buy this over new S7 or used S1. New S7 is more efficient and used S1 is cheaper.

if they made a u4, with s7 chips, and sold them for 60-80$ i am pretty much 100% positive they will sell out in the pre-order.

yeah there is big demand for sub 100$-150$ miners...too bad the u3 did not live up to expectations...and you had to order 10 or something

There were some good resellers though.  I got mine through crazy guy and got 1 and liked it went for 2 more through him.  In the end had 3 of them.  I enjoyed them for a while with a R1 as controller.

After a while I did sell them through Ebay and I roughly broke even. (Might have had a few dollars profit but nothing much after fee's and such).  I enjoyed playing with them but after a while I sold a lot of my lotto mining components as I was losing interest.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
this is around 3$ a ghs.

legendary
I have 5 x BTC0.05 Antminer S7 Coupons and would like to sell it for BTC0.19. Anyone interested can PM me with your BITMAIN ID and I'll send you the coupon right away.
I'm literally in need of money, so, if anyone could help me it'd be great. I don't wanna lose faith in this forum. Please help people.
You are asking too much. They are worth only 0.25
He's in a dire financial situation, bought too many miners thinking he was gonna make a killing mining for bitcoins. Greedy noob mistake.

You should never invest more then you can lose.  I started out with 1 GPU rig (long ago).  From there  I kept moving fast but I made sure my on paper profit.... equaled profit in real life.   Asics I have been lucky enough to get a decent amount off past profit's so it's a risk I can afford.  

But never go to fast or deeper in then you know you can support.  Bad idea and could lead to bad first experiences.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
I have 5 x BTC0.05 Antminer S7 Coupons and would like to sell it for BTC0.19. Anyone interested can PM me with your BITMAIN ID and I'll send you the coupon right away.
I'm literally in need of money, so, if anyone could help me it'd be great. I don't wanna lose faith in this forum. Please help people.

How much do you offer?
Thanks, but I'm settled with my current set of Antminers and I already donated my S7 coupons.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10

How much do you offer?
legendary
Activity: 1036
He's in a dire financial situation, bought too many miners thinking he was gonna make a killing mining for bitcoins. Greedy noob mistake.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Pages:
Jump to: